Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,377 members, 7,850,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:29 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4476898 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Walexzeee: 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
Zeesshelters
We are a professional architecture firm
We render exquisite architecture design for our clients. We have an understanding that a building isn’t just some bricks and stone, rather it should be a reflection of our clients dream and aspirations. Sustainable, affordable
And cost effective building designs is what we offer!
Construction handle by us is a testament
Kindly contact us
Zeesshelters@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
PlaceVendome:
I never knew that .there's always an excuse in Nigeria ,why? maybe Africa is cursed .The same wooden closet can be used in warmer climates like Florida . so why not Nigeria? there's ants,numerous insects , snakes and crocodiles in Florida and Australia. why no excuse there? only Nigeria complain about using concrete or interlocking tiles instead of grass to avoid snake .
only Nigerians complain about not making use of attic due heat . there's also heat in Australia,Florida. why no complaints there?
I've never come across any country where people build high fences with barbed wire ,except Nigeria . Is Nigeria more dangerous than Colombia or mexico?
Never in my life have I heard of skeleton of a goat being unearth in a house due some voodoo black magic or witchcraft. why Nigeria ?
I've never come across any country in the world where a group of armed men simply invade a private residence to demand money or kill the individual for no good reason. why always only Nigeria? you would think that armed robbery should be on a bank,not a small middle class duplex house, it simply makes no sense . Is Nigeria poorer than Moldova or Costa Rica? why only Nigeria?
Are you a Nigerian? If you are, go to the front-page of Nairaland.com, different private and public electronic media outlets, Linda ikeji blog, Sahara reporters, and several print and online media and read, most of the questions you are asking me you will find your answers there.

Back to my questions, will it be termites and soldier ants free or l have to spray it before installation ? grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NHEM0iL: 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ok hajji.
It's going to be an interesting thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rabcnesbit: 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
Walexzeee:
Zeesshelters
We are a professional architecture firm
We render exquisite architecture design for our clients. We have an understanding that a building isn’t just some bricks and stone, rather it should be a reflection of our clients dream and aspirations. Sustainable, affordable
And cost effective building designs is what we offer!
Construction handle by us is a testament
Kindly contact us
Zeesshelters@gmail.com

Hmm, I think I prefer your before house the way it looks (finished) than your after (unfinished)! smiley

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Are you a Nigerian? If you are, go to the front-page of Nairaland.com, different private and public electronic media outlets, Linda ikeji blog, Sahara reporters, and several print and online media and read, most of the questions you are asking me you will find your answers there.

Back to my questions, will it be termites and soldier ants free or l have to spray it before installation ? grin

You dont see a pattern of multiple login handles?
I still smell a rat! Our young millionaire. I am still patience o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
I have said it from the inception of this thread and we all agreed to make this an advertisement free thread.
So, I will keep removing any form of advertisement on this thread.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 11:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
money121:

Am here my oga at the Top

Still feeling ur Review cheesy wink

Now am Blushing Sir... grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:08am On Mar 31, 2018
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Oh my gosh, Hajj, I thought as much, l scroll through the guy's post and a name keeps ringing bell in my head, he posted something few days ago, he mentioned been a computer science graduate and I remembered BBNaija alias Brabus, I think there is a similarity with the guy's posting some Google copied high rise buildings and this current kangaroo pictures, ok, like Obasanjo said, let me sit down and look , grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:01am On Mar 31, 2018
PlaceVendome:
I never knew that .there's always an excuse in Nigeria ,why? maybe Africa is cursed .The same wooden closet can be used in warmer climates like Florida . so why not Nigeria? there's ants,numerous insects , snakes and crocodiles in Florida and Australia. why no excuse there? only Nigeria complain about using concrete or interlocking tiles instead of grass to avoid snake .
only Nigerians complain about not making use of attic due heat . there's also heat in Australia,Florida. why no complaints there?
I've never come across any country where people build high fences with barbed wire ,except Nigeria . Is Nigeria more dangerous than Colombia or mexico?
Never in my life have I heard of skeleton of a goat being unearth in a house due some voodoo black magic or witchcraft. why Nigeria ?
I've never come across any country in the world where a group of armed men simply invade a private residence to demand money or kill the individual for no good reason. why always only Nigeria? you would think that armed robbery should be on a bank,not a small middle class duplex house, it simply makes no sense . Is Nigeria poorer than Moldova or Costa Rica? why only Nigeria?
Why + why = why- why(why)X(why)=(why)=/(why)make no sense, that is why is = why?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jalofun: 2:57am On Mar 31, 2018
Thanks so mucho Hajji, your contributions have been so helpful on this forum . Am still trying to get an expert who will be able to handle the project and their quotation.
mufutau55:

They charge per linear metres. Measure the house around becos all 4 bedrooms are not equal. When I did mine about two years ago it around 2k-3k per linear meters labor.. after you have purchase the cement and little sand and granite with some 10 & 12mm iron they will embed in it. The total cost for my 57 linear meters was about 450k for labor and materials. Hope this helps.
Sorry, I also used some stonedust leftover from my decking.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 31, 2018
aonag:
who can help me out please. i am looking for individuals/company selling/making garage doors..thanks.

still searching
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 31, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:46am On Mar 31, 2018
aonag:

still searching

Do you have any specific type of garage door or just some random search to choose from?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fubee: 6:18am On Mar 31, 2018
mufutau55:

I am glad this has come to the open forum... after we have tried to settle this offline. Thank you for your patience, Fash78.
I am sorry this has turned out to be a disaster for Fash78 and I. I have recommended so many artisans both on NL and Non-NL
before and I was never in this kind of swindle or absconded business. This has left me sad... Money is not easy nowadays.
I have recommended this guy Sova to more than 10 people and has done satisfactory job. I did not see this one coming.
We have been trying to locate this guy for several months now... but all to no avail. But I am still working hard on this.
I have always stood behind those that I recommended but this is the first time my name has been dragged in mud.
All I have ever done is to help the Client and the Artisans... never demanded any form of payback from anyone.
With this disappointment, no recommendation will be forthcoming from me anymore.
I have supplied all his pictures I have and all the known address but he is yet to be found, but he still pay for his crime.
This has left me perplexed.... and lesson to never trust anyone.. I will keep working on this guy.

Hajji M.

I live in Abuja and invited this same Sova guy to do my kitchen and wardrobe. And i can tell you that he is just an IMPOSTOR. He messed up the work, wasted my expensive materials and fled. I had to register on Nairaland only to make this comment. Since i found his name (Sova), with nice pictures (he downloaded and posted from the Internet) here. Sova is a FRAUD !!!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Walexzeee: 8:29am On Mar 31, 2018
Apologies
I never knew this is an advert free thread
It’s been a while I posted on Nairaland
Pls kindly remove the post.
Thanks Hajj @ mufutau55
And @ rabcnesbit
The after is a work in progress
The church leadership want an Orthodox look
And as an architect I have to deliver just that. Thank for the comments

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 31, 2018
bixton:

Do you have any specific type of garage door or just some random search to choose from?

i just want something modern
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

https://www.nairaland.com/1172512/automated-roller-shutter-garage-doors

https://www.nairaland.com/3788602/automatic-garage-door-roller-shutters#56353830

I'm sure that you've seen what I did instead of traditional rollup garage doors.

thanks for this info. yes i did see yours. but i would like a scenario where nothing feels like an obstruction. yours is workable for wider garage spaces. mine is just 2600 x 2200 in measurement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
fubee:

I live in Abuja and invited this same Sova guy to do my kitchen and wardrobe. And i can tell you that he is just an IMPOSTOR. He messed up the work, wasted my expensive materials and fled. I had to register on Nairaland only to make this comment. Since i found his name (Sova), with nice pictures (he downloaded and posted from the Internet) here. Sova is a FRAUD !!!

Sorry this happened to you too. I have written-off Sova from my book and I have told all my friends to also write him off.
The guy was good at the beginning but has turned to a rogue now. I hope everyone reading this will also take note.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
i wonder what usually change people.. good start all of a sudden a wrong turn? sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

I was about to quote my leopard's post when I saw this. Choice of words can be difficult to manipulate. We sha go know the identity in different shades, kai grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
twinskenny:
i wonder what usually change people.. good start all of a sudden a wrong turn? sad

My brother, I dont know o. I gave him so much lecture, no good.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
folmus:

I was about to quote my leopard's post when I saw this. Choice of words can be difficult to manipulate. We sha go know the identity in different shades, kai grin grin grin grin cheesy

Abi now. Sebi we be "big belly, poor, old grumpy men" here, but we can surely see what is happening. Yoruba adage says "Young person can have plenty new clothes more than the elders, but same young people can never have more rags than the elders".
We go sit-down and look o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
twinskenny:
You leave the stage when the ovation is loud. This forum expose you to a very wide range of clients, many people are even linked to NL thru google. The bottom line is that many of us don't take jobs within our capacity, it is not a must you take every offer you can humbly reject or refer to others so that you don't have so much than what you can chew. The bottom line is know your limit or expand your capacity by engaging more reliable workers.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
Jalofun:
Thanks so mucho Hajji, your contributions have been so helpful on this forum . Am still trying to get an expert who will be able to handle the project and their quotation.

I can furnish you a phone of a very good moulder that did mine.
But the hanging process which is very important was supervised and carried out by our good Engineer Aventures here. Both parties even recently did same on my friend house.
You can contact @Aventures here and he will also contact the same precast guy.

Note: Aventures message is above this my post and you can see his phone contact on his signature line.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:42am On Apr 01, 2018
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
You were correct, he has deactivated grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OMEGA009(m): 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hi. I’m a novice in building and I need a cost estimate for a 5 bedroom duplex with penthouse. Firstly from excavation to DPC. Building plan says estimated size of building is 167 sqm and d DPC level must be +450 (dunno what that means). It has 23 box pillars and 3 round pillars. Pls cost estimate must include quality material as I want to eliminate all forms of rising damp and penetrating damp. Thx a million.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
OMEGA009:
Hi. I’m a novice in building and I need a cost estimate for a 5 bedroom duplex with penthouse. Firstly from excavation to DPC. Building plan says estimated size of building is 167 sqm and d DPC level must be +450 (dunno what that means). It has 23 box pillars and 3 round pillars. Pls cost estimate must include quality material as I want to eliminate all forms of rising damp and penetrating damp. Thx a million.

It’s best to pay for this level of detail that you’re seeking for the following two reasons.

1) it has been alleged in here that some unscrupulous artisans use this method to provide estimates to their client

2) it will remove any animosity from a builder that you did not select

Also, do not take any estimate serious from anyone that didn’t see your building plan and most likely building site.

Good luck on your project.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
AngelicBeing:
You were correct, he has deactivated grin

They come and go nah. smiley We go dey "sit down and look" o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
OMEGA009:

If there's an actual building plan, kindly post it on here.

To also ease your time, you can inform whoever did the design plan to meet up your request.

Lastly, get the services of an Engineer who you intend to give the job to do it for you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It’s best to pay for this level of detail that you’re seeking for the following two reasons.

1) it has been alleged in here that some unscrupulous artisans use this method to provide estimates to their client

2) it will remove any animosity from a builder that you did not select

Also, do not take any estimate serious from anyone that didn’t see your building plan and most likely building site.

Good luck on your project.
I couldn't agree less well said

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Aventures:
You leave the stage when the ovation is loud. This forum expose you to a very wide range of clients, many people are even linked to NL thru google. The bottom line is that many of us don't take jobs within our capacity, it is not a must you take every offer you can humbly reject or refer to others so that you don't have so much than what you can chew. The bottom line is know your limit or expand your capacity by engaging more reliable workers.
Gbam!! U don talk am finish...

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: krak101(m), psychologist(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.