Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (937) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4504974 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (3695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abike12(f): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
InvertedHammer:

50? Na! That will be my grandson.
Think way above the number. That's why I need your mother's building experience if applicable.

/

I'm not getting into friendly banter with you. Go and find something to do with your life. Bullies don't like being called out. I'm not engaging you. Take your L and go and report to your oga.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
abike12:

I'm not getting into friendly banter with you. Go and find something to do with your life. Bullies don't like being called out. I'm not engaging you. Take your L and go and report to your oga.
/
Friendly banter?

I am not your friend. Friendship is not by force.

I know who I am interested in with the wealth of building experience she may have.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2018
Daboomb:

Let me take us back a bit, to what started this discussion so that we dont lose the context of the arguement (because there are some litigations that are just a waste of time and money, while there are others that are deemed a "jackpot" for the applicant):

- There was an 'offer' by Dangote to sell Cement at a given price and there was an 'acceptance' by the contractor to buy at that price.
- The contract was 'sealed' when the contractor paid for the goods (consideration). He is just awaiting delivery.
- According to the contractor, there was NO CLAUSE in the contract (T & C), to renegotiate or vary the price, after payment.
- The seller (Dangote) just 'uinilaterally' increased the price and refused to "perform the sealed contract" by not supplying the goods.
- Contractor contacted his Lawyer who, against all ethics of theprofession, said he should just swallow it, he cannot win!

That is the scenario and l offered that the Contractor has a good case and his Lawyer should even be happy to sue on his behalf, without collecting a kobo in advance (Prono Bono), while waiting to win the case and get a good cash-out.

Now, anyone with even the most basic knowledge of Contract law, Consumer Law on goods and services, knows that "all things being equal", this is a slam-dunk case that shouldnot even cost you a penny.

Back to your own post:
"Getting Justice" is 'expensive', anywhere in the world! Not just in Nigeria. Infact, go and ask our friend the America man, how much it costs to go through a divorce and he will tell you how expensive litigation is, from his experience, in America and the West in general.
Nigeria also has 'free legal services' for the less priviledged but you have to engage them at your own risk (bribery things)

The more money you have, the more the probability that you can get a good lawyer or a team of lawyers who can spring you from any criminal offense or any charge for that matter.

Having said that, we need to realise, need to understand that "there is always a price to pay, for the good things of life, including a fair and just society! Nothing good, comes free!
All these runaway 'I live in Atlanta, l am a US citizen' people should also realize that what they are enjoying in those foreign countries (where they are times, even treated as a non-entity) was bult on the 'price' paid in "blood and money", by some other 'poor' people like them.
Some 'ordinary persons' sued Walmart, sued Wickes, sued many other companies, for them to be able to respect and adhere to contracts that have been signed.
If those people were lamenting and giving excuses about why they cannot pursue their rights, if they are selfish and self-centred to think only about themselves and their business or what they will eat, those Western countries would not have been the "great, blissful, countries that you all run to".

This is why Nigeria is the way it is: Everyone is not ready to lift a finger, for the benefit of others, they are not ready to make any sacrifice (not for others) even for themselves, so that their future and that of their children can be better and comparable to that of the children of Americans, British, french, Swiss, e.t.c!
No pain, No Gain.

Again, not all court cases need money to start.
If you have a Lawyer who is worth his wig, some cases are taken without down-payment and the Lawyer uses such cases to 'publicise and polish his brand name'.
The money he gets when he wins the case, is where he gets paid from......... but that is for a smart Lawyer who can see that this case is as good as won and he knows what to do to win it, as opposed to just one charge-and-bail, law school failure. grin grin
This case is an example because it is just slam-dunk.

No matter how rich Dangote is, he cannot change what is already written down in the contract, even if he tries to influence the court, most judges will advice him to seek an out of court settlement when the case is this so obvious - that is money you just made!

Even the exposed runt that usually brandish America in every discussion and pulls out internet pictures like his friend, and claims his father owns any and everything under discussion grin grin is here shaking like a wet hen, when the issue of litigation was mentioned, yet he will be the first to be sounding like 'no one can cheat me and go free'!
I say people should always put their mouth, where their money is...... you can only lie for some time, reality will set-in evnetually. undecided undecided

How can Nigeria improve, how can everyone respect contracts, how can everyone be honest and trustworthy if and when some situations have not been tested and justice sought, to prove that you cannot always get away with murder.
if the family of every murdered victim claims that they cannot go to court to seek Justice because it is expensive to do so, then they should just keep quiet and allow themselves to be murdered and let the assailants get away smilling, to come back another day!

I see a lot of lamenting about willy-nilly increase in the price of iron, Cement, blocks, granite, e.t.c, what do you expect?, when fela says "Them slap your face, you keep quiet they look like monkey".... giving excuses like Mama dey for house, pickin never chop,.... ? undecided undecided
Chai, this post got me thinking right now, like you rightly pointed out, after college in the West, l volunteered to work with an NGO, a homeless guy came to my organization and was given a meal

I don't really know what happened, immediately he ate the food, he was reacting to the food and was foaming from his mouth, Ambulance came and the guy was rushed to the hospital, it was later discovered by the doctor that the guy was allergic to the food that was given to him, to cut the long story short, the homeless guy contacted his attorney, my organization was sued but to maintain goodwill especially from donor agencies to my office, the board of directors agreed to an out of court settlement to kill the case, money was paid and the homeless man became rich overnight courtesy of the justice system.

if it was in Nigeria, who knows, it might be a different scenario, yes, I agree to going through the justice system to get redress

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
InvertedHammer:

You can imagine.

Children of nowadays. grin grin

Why a billionaire with many houses will be here "dragging" with kobo kobo penny-pinchers like us beats me.

And I read something like, "my mom is not an artisan"....small pikin wahala. She can invite her mother to share her experience.

/

What befuddles me more is how pained, delusional and generally emotionally fractured some are.

I mean, this is supposed to be fun, happy process of putting up a structure.

Some I guess are just naturally disgruntled colorful dimwits grin

But what can you do except just watch them for entertainment like you watch a slinky going down the stairs.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2018
oyb:

How do you load the credit?

I’m glad that I m not the only one that keeps thinking about the logistics of this contraption grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
oyb:

How do you load the credit?
l don't agree with the way it was posted on that wood posted by twinskenny, the prepaid meter in my house in lagos came with something like a POS machine, l don't know what they call it, once I buy unit from Phcn, I take it home, connect the POS machine to power in my bedroom and load it on the machine and it reflects immediately on my meter, you can check your balance, power usage etc on the machine, it looks like a POS, @Daboomb, can you please help me out with the name of the machine if you know it, thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
AngelicBeing:
l don't agree with the way it was posted on that wood posted by twinskenny, the prepaid meter in my house in lagos came with something like a POS machine, l don't know what they call it, once I buy unit from Phcn, I take it home, connect the POS machine to power in my bedroom and load it on the machine and it reflects immediately on my meter, you can check your balance, power usage etc on the machine, it looks like a POS, @Daboomb, can you please help me out with the name of the machine if you know it, thanks

I know, I have one at home as well. And those boxes are not ip65. Those meters will spoil

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
oyb:

I know, I have one at home as well. And those boxes are not ip65. Those meters will spoil
Cool, I just saw a picture of my own POS machine that was sent to me when it was installed

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
oyb:

Most folks don’t think that far ahead at home.

It’s about the now.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
abike12:
I'm at work this morning and I have some time. Anybody else?

Yes, please. E don tay I fight, so I want to test whether I still get the skills. You never know with these things as age creeps in.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2018
diordaves:

Yes, please. E don tay I fight, so I want to test whether I still get the skills. You never know with these things as age creeps in.

Una no go kee pessin with laff for here grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
Daboomb:

Let me take us back a bit, to what started this discussion so that we dont lose the context of the arguement (because there are some litigations that are just a waste of time and money, while there are others that are deemed a "jackpot" for the applicant):

- There was an 'offer' by Dangote to sell Cement at a given price and there was an 'acceptance' by the contractor to buy at that price.
- The contract was 'sealed' when the contractor paid for the goods (consideration). He is just awaiting delivery.
- According to the contractor, there was NO CLAUSE in the contract (T & C), to renegotiate or vary the price, after payment.
- The seller (Dangote) just 'uinilaterally' increased the price and refused to "perform the sealed contract" by not supplying the goods.
- Contractor contacted his Lawyer who, against all ethics of theprofession, said he should just swallow it, he cannot win!

That is the scenario and l offered that the Contractor has a good case and his Lawyer should even be happy to sue on his behalf, without collecting a kobo in advance (Prono Bono), while waiting to win the case and get a good cash-out.

Now, anyone with even the most basic knowledge of Contract law, Consumer Law on goods and services, knows that "all things being equal", this is a slam-dunk case that shouldnot even cost you a penny.

Back to your own post:
"Getting Justice" is 'expensive', anywhere in the world! Not just in Nigeria. Infact, go and ask our friend the America man, how much it costs to go through a divorce and he will tell you how expensive litigation is, from his experience, in America and the West in general.
Nigeria also has 'free legal services' for the less priviledged but you have to engage them at your own risk (bribery things)

The more money you have, the more the probability that you can get a good lawyer or a team of lawyers who can spring you from any criminal offense or any charge for that matter.

Having said that, we need to realise, need to understand that "there is always a price to pay, for the good things of life, including a fair and just society! Nothing good, comes free!
All these runaway 'I live in Atlanta, l am a US citizen' people should also realize that what they are enjoying in those foreign countries (where they are times, even treated as a non-entity) was bult on the 'price' paid in "blood and money", by some other 'poor' people like them.
Some 'ordinary persons' sued Walmart, sued Wickes, sued many other companies, for them to be able to respect and adhere to contracts that have been signed.
If those people were lamenting and giving excuses about why they cannot pursue their rights, if they are selfish and self-centred to think only about themselves and their business or what they will eat, those Western countries would not have been the "great, blissful, countries that you all run to".

This is why Nigeria is the way it is: Everyone is not ready to lift a finger, for the benefit of others, they are not ready to make any sacrifice (not for others) even for themselves, so that their future and that of their children can be better and comparable to that of the children of Americans, British, french, Swiss, e.t.c!
No pain, No Gain.

If you have a Lawyer who is worth his wig, some cases are taken without down-payment and the Lawyer uses such cases to 'publicise and polish his brand name'.
The money he gets when he wins the case, is where he gets paid from......... but that is for a smart Lawyer who can see that this case is as good as won and he knows what to do to win it, as opposed to just one charge-and-bail, law school failure. grin grin

No matter how rich Dangote is, he cannot change what is already written down in the contract, even if he tries to influence the court, most judges will advice him to seek an out of court settlement when the case is this so obvious - that is money you just made!

Even the exposed runt that usually brandish America in every discussion and pulls out internet pictures like his friend, and claims his father owns any and everything under discussion grin grin is here shaking like a wet hen, when the issue of litigation was mentioned, yet he will be the first to be sounding like 'no one can cheat me and go free'!
I say people should always put their mouth, where their money is...... you can only lie for some time, reality will set-in evnetually. undecided undecided

How can Nigeria improve, how can everyone respect contracts, how can everyone be honest and trustworthy if and when some situations have not been tested and justice sought, to prove that you cannot always get away with murder.
if the family of every murdered victim claims that they cannot go to court to seek Justice because it is expensive to do so, then they should just keep quiet and allow themselves to be murdered and let the assailants get away smilling, to come back another day!

I see a lot of lamenting about willy-nilly increase in the price of iron, Cement, blocks, granite, e.t.c, what do you expect?, when fela says "Them slap your face, you keep quiet they look like monkey".... giving excuses like Mama dey for house, pickin never chop,.... ? undecided undecided
Bros na wa for u ooo
Na this small discuss u for write this long thing...
Sir/Ma are u lastpage? Your write up reminds me of him/her....

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Chai, this post got me thinking right now, like you rightly pointed out, after college in the West, l volunteered to work with an NGO, a homeless guy came to my organization and was given a meal

I don't really know what happened, immediately he ate the food, he was reacting to the food and was foaming from his mouth, Ambulance came and the guy was rushed to the hospital, it was later discovered by the doctor that the guy was allergic to the food that was given to him, to cut the long story short, the homeless guy contacted his attorney, my organization was sued but to maintain goodwill especially from donor agencies to my office, the board of directors agreed to an out of court settlement to kill the case, money was paid and the homeless man became rich overnight courtesy of the justice system.

if it was in Nigeria, who knows, it might be a different scenario, yes, I agree to going through the justice system to get redress

If it was in Nigeria, you will hear stories like:

- ordinary home, l dont have and you want me to sue an organisation like Dangotte?
- Hmmm... you want them to call me ungrateful, if l sue the organisation feeding me?
- God forbid, We will not see court case o.
- You cant win against such big organisation
- You cant get justice, it is too expensive, and so on and so forth!

Most people will look for similar, 'mentally negative' people to reinforce their self-imposed bondage to not be capable of getting justice.

Thing is, most big organisations prefer to maintain their 'good image', hence all the P.R using popular artists, and will opt to settle out of court, if they realize that they are really in a jam and the other side is not going to give up that easily.

I guess our selfishness, mental poverty and ignorance combined, has really ruined our possibilities.

Well, let them learn from this story of yours.
No venture, No possibilty of success.

BTW, it is an unfortunate adult who will not know that rain should not be expected, when their is a rainbow in the sky. grin undecided
Even the Bible calls it a "sign of convenant" that God made, to assure man that he will not destroy the earth with water again.

I guess we just have to let people be who they want to be.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
Rubbiish:

Bros na wa for u ooo
Na this small discuss u for write this long thing...
Sir/Ma are u lastpage? Your write up reminds me of him/her....

I am a Male and what is this fixation on lastpage, on a website that has over a million user?
Why is anyone who writes well, always compared to him/her? I can remember a few people who have been asked the same question in the past, on this thread.

Though l consider the comparison a honor, l do admire him too and do try to emulate good things ..but does he have the monopoly of writing properly?
And why is it that people of today, abhor to read more than three lines, does it have to do with the 'texting/chatting culture' of snapchat and instagram?
Writing is an art and if you have what it takes, you can pen pages of insightful and intelligent posts, with out even bathing an eyelid. undecided undecided

Finally, the discuss is NOT a small thing (social issues of Justice, rights, fairness, empowerment, et.c are major issues), except you can say with your hand on your heart, that what l wrote does not make sense to you.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
AngelicBeing:

The PHCN people just call it "Customer indoor Unit" when they installed mine.
The thing about this is that initially they say you need one for each Meter, which l found not to be true!
You can actually use just one to load any meter, as longas the Unit you are loading is bought on the meter number you want to load it on.

I am looking forward to the day, as l told them, when w can buy credit online and just by entering our meter Number, you can also load that credit on it over the web, without having to physically plug the indoor unit to the power socket and key-in the voucher.

That way, Angelic can load credit on his Meter at Banana island, all the way from Amelika!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
Daboomb:

The PHCN people just call it "Customer indoor Unit" when they installed mine.
The thing about this is that initially they say you need one for each Meter, which l found not to be true!
You can actually use just one to load any meter, as longas the Unit you are loading is bought on the meter number you want to load it on.

I am looking forward to the day, as l told them, when w can buy credit online and just by entering our meter Number, you can also load that credit on it over the web, without having to physically plug the indoor unit to the power socket and key-in the voucher.

That way, Angelic can load credit on his Meter at Banana island, all the way from Amelika!
True that, thanks cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2018
Daboomb:

I am a Male and what is this fixation on lastpage, on a website that has over a million user?
Why is anyone who writes well, always compared to him/her? I can remember a few people who have been asked the same question in the past, on this thread.

Though l consider the comparison a honor, l do admire him too and do try to emulate good things ..but does he have the monopoly of writing properly?
And why is it that people of today, abhor to read more than three lines, does it have to do with the 'texting/chatting culture' of snapchat and instagram?
Writing is an art and if you have what it takes, you can pen pages of insightful and intelligent posts, with out even bathing an eyelid. undecided undecided

Finally, the discuss is NOT a small thing (social issues of Justice, rights, fairness, empowerment, et.c are major issues), except you can say with your hand on your heart, that what l wrote does not make sense to you.
Saying u write like lastpage never meant u both write well or make sense most times? What we write on here is subjective & influenced by personal experience...I really don't know why u are hyping yourself...I was only saying the writing pattern is very similar to that of lastpage, i.e the colour painting & words bolding formation, i never in anyway suggested the content of your write up or that of lastpage was always sensible...

Sometimes voluminous writing is not necessary, when u can summarize your points in just few lines, why write a dictionary?

All these mouth u people are making ends on NL, na Nigeria we dey my brother, all these your horse & chair illustration don't work here...When last did u hear about saraki's case? Aren't they the same set of lawyers & judges that will handle your case?

14 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micxwell(m): 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
KolaShangOne:

You're right. When i said it shouldn't be done on imported soil, I was viewing it in the context of the foundation picture I posted.

By the time "imported soil" is left for 6months to infinity years, it's no longer imported soil. It would have naturalised so it's no longer building on imported soil.

Also, filling and compacting at every 300-1000mm intervals (depending on the compacting depth of the machine used) as with roads and other high scale projects is tenable. But even this sometimes still gives way to settlement.

Anyone here familiar with that Challenge road inwards Yinka Ayefele music house will notice that after the Mobil filling station, there's a depression cutting across the entire length of the road. When the road was being constructed, they dug almost 30ft because of the huge refuse to get a stable soil and they began filling and compacting. @EgunMogaji might have seen this.

And there have been other places where this was done too and there has not been any depression.

But then, just to be safe, it's better to err on the side of safety.

You are right with the area you described.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
You write like an activist. There are many reason that can't work in Nigeria. The counties justice system is very poor to the core, everyone is corrupt including lawyers and judges.
Daboomb:

Back to your own post:

No pain, No Gain.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Daboomb:

Dabooomb,

At this juncture I would like to join the train of your discussion , well people only read few lines of a page just yo grasp what it's all about, in my days of secondary school comorehension ad essay writing we call it "skimming".the truth is that we rarely have time and most people reading some of this threads see it as a waste of their precious time. We need to imbide the reading culture into our system and like you said writing is an art or skill which can be learned or innate I agree with you on that 101% but these days the students we churn out of our higher institutions of learning say for the past 10-15 years are really lacking in this simple skills .

Now back to the 411,suing of dangote cement for breach of contract and possible remediation a to the client, i would say is not as easy as you think but can still be achieved ,one needs to be very careful when embarking on such mission as this will be financially and energy sapping,sorry to say this but most of the lawyers we have these days are just there for the financial rewards and would not guide you properly if there is nothing for them.i use my self as a point of reference I just did a small transaction recently and the lawyer who brought the client to me was really hiding lots of facts from his client at a point things were not really working in favour of the client as the lawyer was more or less putting more petrol on the fire that was almost put off,to cut the long story short the lawyer called me telling me that I need to part with some money and the client also to enable certain ratifucation.

Summary is he who fights and run away leaves the fight another day , iam not accepting a deafitist attitude on this discourse I believe one day the masses will mobilize and set third right against organisations with monopolistic tendencies

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micxwell(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
abike12:

My mum is not an artisan. You're making a lot of assumptions about my particular situation. Also wiring is done at the latter stage of a project so I don't know why you're assuming I don't know anything about building. I'm a few steps from completion of a block of flats with no headache so I'm obviously doing something right.

Maybe if some of you calmed down there would be more knowledge sharing instead of posting and people start attacking you. I don't have to have the same experience with you.

And since we're giving unsolicited advice, some of you need to treat your artisans like human beings. Maybe listen to what they're saying and not shut them down like you are trying to do to me, you don't know everything. How and why will I just be looking for an electrician at the wiring stage? All my artisans that came to eat ram at the foundation stage are still with us and they are behaving. I had to post the receipt of my wood for roofing on this thread because awon aiye were arguing about the price. It sucks to be so paranoid when it's not like you're building a skyscraper. Everybody isn't out to get you.
Sis are you a Civil Engineer/ Builder
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Flaghouse1:

Your narrative above should apply in sane business environment and companies that have intergrity entrenched in their mission statement . What we have these days are companies that would rather impoverish their franchisee in periods of price arbitrage and when sales are going south they force their product on you when competition are selling at a lower price and expect you tell at prices slightly higher than competition .
Sad,
as always it comes down to the system. " Sane bussiness environment"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I see both sides of the issue, I really do.

As a business owner too I understand this is wher signed contracts come into play.

Is there a clause in there somewhere that says

“Seller retains the right to adjust price on merchandise that hasn’t been loaded”

We don’t know because we haven’t seen the contract.

Maybe they haven’t bagged the cement yet and the price took effect at a certain timeframe.

Chekitaut, na beg I beg you Sir post the sales contract grin
Smh,
its just so crazy how everything has to be so difficult, and so darned different with us.

Who we offend

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
allCopacetic:

Smh,
its just so crazy how everything has to be so difficult, and so darned different with us.

Who we offend

Corruption is woven deep into the fabric of society.

I discussed this issue with one of my associates and he said that it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the difference paid between agreed price and new inflated price will be absorbed by frontline staff. Ileya will soon come.

It’s not that I’m making excuse for the corrupt system but it’s easy for some disgruntled crayola regurgitating fool to not realize that not everyone is cut out to wage legal hand to hand combat with an international conglomerate.

Your duty first and foremost is survivability of your business. I know it’s mine. It’s not to go half cocked on some pipe dream lawsuit where damage can’t be established.

Do you folks have a “right to refuse service” business clause in Nigeria?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 10, 2018
Speaking of horses, well horse’ish grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
@AllCopacetic and others.

I want one of those all in one unit solar street lamps and my stockist doesn’t have.

Do you guys per chance sell or know where I can get? Maybe in Ibadan.

Muy Gracias Senors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:
@AllCopacetic and others.

I want one of those all in one unit solar street lamps and my stockist doesn’t have.

Do you guys per chance sell or know where I can get? Maybe in Ibadan.

Muy Gracias Senors.

https://www./nf/items/q-solar-light/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
oyb:

https://www./nf/items/q-solar-light/

Thanks mate. Do you have a seller on there that you’ve dealt with before?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thanks mate. Do you have a seller on there that you’ve dealt with before?

sorry, no. just a quick search.

proceed with caution

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
At this point, l should thank everyone who contributed to the discuss about getting deserved justice, from both sides of the aile.
The discussion is not about a personality, itis about an issue and we should keep it at that.

That said.

I understand that if one lives in a house built with gutter sand, there is every possibility that the brain becomes increasingly dysfunctional at an early age, this chicken is coming to roost in its 'gutter-sand' coop at 4pm! shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Na dem import the whole of America, to build a chicken coop in the last fouryears, na still dem dey pack gutter sand take do flooring of compound, yet na dem still dey buy any item mentioned here in any discuss, Wetin? angry angry shocked

I dont like "Shadow Boxing", .............if you want to take-me-on, please quote me directly. tongue tongue tongue undecided
I have your cane under my chair, you hear, assinne over-weight He-Goat.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2018
Flaghouse1:

Dabooomb,

At this juncture I would like to join the train of your discussion , well people only read few lines of a page just yo grasp what it's all about, in my days of secondary school comorehension ad essay writing we call it "skimming".the truth is that we rarely have time and most people reading some of this threads see it as a waste of their precious time. We need to imbide the reading culture into our system and like you said writing is an art or skill which can be learned or innate I agree with you on that 101% but these days the students we churn out of our higher institutions of learning say for the past 10-15 years are really lacking in this simple skills .

Now back to the 411,suing of dangote cement for breach of contract and possible remediation a to the client, i would say is not as easy as you think but can still be achieved, one needs to be very careful when embarking on such mission as this will be financially and energy sapping,sorry to say this but most of the lawyers we have these days are just there for the financial rewards and would not guide you properly if there is nothing for them.i use my self as a point of reference I just did a small transaction recently and the lawyer who brought the client to me was really hiding lots of facts from his client at a point things were not really working in favour of the client as the lawyer was more or less putting more petrol on the fire that was almost put off,to cut the long story short the lawyer called me telling me that I need to part with some money and the client also to enable certain ratifucation.

Summary is he who fights and run away leaves the fight another day , i am not accepting a deafitist attitude on this discourse I believe one day the masses will mobilize and set third right against organisations with monopolistic tendencies

You have said it all.
Nothing is easy
No pain, No gain
It is achievable....if we try but we must not feel defeated, even without attempting to try.
One day...one day..

I am hopeful we shall see the day.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
It appears pre-match tickets are on sale early.
And i guess it comes with a discount.

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (3695) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: completey(f), meekmill(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.