Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,772 members, 7,862,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4504928 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (3695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
oyb:

sorry, no. just a quick search.

proceed with caution

Cool, thank you Sir.

We have a new landlord association and I think it’ll make a good gesture donation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
Oh oh meds are running low again grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
“In Nigeria, there is a specific body that has been set up to help consumers deal with issues where companies have either provided poor service or they have sold substandard goods to the consumer. This organization is the Consumer Protection Council – CPC.

The CPC is an agency of the Government under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment. It commenced operations in Nigeria in 1999. The CPC has 5 primary functions –

To inform consumers about their rights
To eliminate hazardous products from the market and ensure that products and services comply with required standards/specifications
To issue guidelines and regulations to producers of goods and services
To prosecute offenders when and where necessary
To provide redress to consumer complaints
So, all in all, the CPC is a pretty powerful agency, it is in fact the most powerful consumer redress and monitoring agency in Nigeria.”

https://lawpadi.com/complain-bad-product-service-nigeria/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Is there as such as a consumer protection agency in Nigeria?

http://www.cpc.gov.ng/

yes there is.

and it seems they do get the job done.

a colleague bought a mercury inverter from coscharis. it had some issues, they gave him the run around, he reported to CPC, and the issues were resolved.

another way to resolve disputes is to get the customer service emails and start registering your complaints; then erm doxx the big ogas and copy them in the mail trail if there is no response

this has worked for me with an ekedc issue.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
oyb:

http://www.cpc.gov.ng/

yes there is.

and it seems they do get the job done.

a colleague bought a mercury inverter from coscharis. it had some issues, they gave him the run around, he reported to CPC, and the issues were resolved.

another way to resolve disputes is to get the customer service emails and start registering your complaints; then erm doxx the big ogas and copy them in the mail trail if there is no response

this has worked for me with an ekedc issue.

Nice, I found them too.

So no more need for big big colorful senile grammar cheesy

Anyone can report to the agency it seems. Icing on the cake will be to get a copy of the sales contract as evidence.

I’m very impressed by what I read. So Nigeria is getting quite a bit of things right.

Thanks kind Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 12:39am On Apr 11, 2018
baaliyah:
My good people,
please i am through with electrical and plumbing pipe work. What should be the next stage. Plastering, Aluminium window installation, or window art work.
My casement windows with protector embedded are ready, the guy advised i should plaster before he installs.

Attention:
Hajji
Egunmagaji
Spyder and other gurus
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 11, 2018
baaliyah:

Attention:
Hajji
Egunmagaji
Spyder and other gurus

I'm far from an expert so take my advice with a grain of sand.

Once plumbing and electrical have been done then install the windows and doors together with plastering. Don't allow them to piecemeal it because it may become an unneeded expense. Cobble the work together at the same time.

You can join artwork to the roster there too.

Good luck on your project Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 5:33am On Apr 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I'm far from an expert so take my advice with a grain of sand.

Once plumbing and electrical have been done then install the windows and doors together with plastering. Don't allow them to piecemeal it because it may become an unneeded expense. Cobble the work together at the same time.

You can join artwork to the roster there too.

Good luck on your project Sir.

Thank u baba. Aa ma riyin ba

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 5:50am On Apr 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Corruption is woven deep into the fabric of society.

I discussed this issue with one of my associates and he said that it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the difference paid between agreed price and new inflated price will be absorbed by frontline staff. Ileya will soon come.

It’s not that I’m making excuse for the corrupt system but it’s easy for some disgruntled crayola regurgitating fool to not realize that not everyone is cut out to wage legal hand to hand combat with an international conglomerate.

Your duty first and foremost is survivability of your business. I know it’s mine. It’s not to go half cocked on some pipe dream lawsuit where damage can’t be established.

Do you folks have a “right to refuse service” business clause in Nigeria?
/
The business environment in Nigeria is very different. The only check point is where money is transferred. Due diligence is necessary before that point because most problems come up after money has exchanged hands. Some people may think that business in Nigeria is a morality contest whereby treating folks in a certain kind of way guarantees good results. It boils down to respect. Litigation is time-consuming. Arbitration is highly informal. Surprisingly, some may even see kindness as weakness. Don't get me started with the snakes that inject Jesus Christ and God in negotiations to butter up unsuspecting clients. Like always, some newbies will always beg to differ until they learn the hard way. So it is best to stick to the terms of business contracts and take the self-righteousness to the churches.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:
@AllCopacetic and others.

I want one of those all in one unit solar street lamps and my stockist doesn’t have.

Do you guys per chance sell or know where I can get? Maybe in Ibadan.

Muy Gracias Senors.
Sorry we don't have those Sir.
But will ask around and feedback

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Corruption is woven deep into the fabric of society.

I discussed this issue with one of my associates and he said that it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the difference paid between agreed price and new inflated price will be absorbed by frontline staff. Ileya will soon come.

It’s not that I’m making excuse for the corrupt system but it’s easy for some disgruntled crayola regurgitating fool to not realize that not everyone is cut out to wage legal hand to hand combat with an international conglomerate.

Your duty first and foremost is survivability of your business. I know it’s mine. It’s not to go half cocked on some pipe dream lawsuit where damage can’t be established.

Do you folks have a “right to refuse service” business clause in Nigeria?
Lol, I have no idea what that means
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abike12(f): 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
micxwell:
Sis are you a Civil Engineer/ Builder

No I'm not. I'm a Chemical Engr

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
Met a nepa guy today.. He said they have to do this to avoid illegal connection..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
Took this picture today at gbagada

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2018
twinskenny:
Met a nepa guy today.. He said they have to do this to avoid illegal connection..
You mean Phcn actually install meters like this shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2018
twinskenny:
Took this picture today at gbagada
Can't they just attach the meters to a central wooden board inside the main building with a protective covering to prevent rain and the atmospheric elements from damaging it than displaying it like this, nawao shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
allCopacetic:

Lol, I have no idea what that means

Well, I think you meant you haven't met a customer that you don't want to sell to grin

Basically here, a business has a right to refuse service or even allow entry to a client into their business.

So customers were claiming discrimination so the legislators passed a law that businesses can indeed refuse service.

Of course, as business owners, you only want to enact that in only the worst scenario. Customers are not always right, some customers.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Can't they just attach the meters to a central wooden board inside the main building with a protective covering to prevent rain and the atmospheric elements from damaging it than displaying it like this, nawao shocked

Okay, this get's better. So it's not even the customer that installed it, it's NEPA shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
allCopacetic:

Sorry we don't have those Sir.
But will ask around and feedback

Thank you, Sir, I will appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
The business environment in Nigeria is very different. The only check point is where money is transferred. Due diligence is necessary before that point because most problems come up after money has exchanged hands. Some people may think that business in Nigeria is a morality contest whereby treating folks in a certain kind of way guarantees good results. It boils down to respect. Litigation is time-consuming. Arbitration is highly informal. Surprisingly, some may even see kindness as weakness. Don't get me started with the snakes that inject Jesus Christ and God in negotiations to butter up unsuspecting clients. Like always, some newbies will always beg to differ until they learn the hard way. So it is best to stick to the terms of business contracts and take the self-righteousness to the churches.

/

I'm dying to see that sales contract.

Oga Chekitaut, this thing you are doing is it good? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
baaliyah:

Thank u baba. Aa ma riyin ba

Thank you, Sir.

Thanks go to all the selfless builders ahead of us both professionals and privateers like us who share information with us.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hello sir/ma,

I am Timilehin Isawumi, a structural engineer who deals with Aluminium&Glass services /solutions.
I now fabricate and install myself.
Kindly Call for Affordable/ long lasting shower cubicles, hand rails, glass slabs, Frame and framless partitions.
Also I install bullet proof windows, doors, soundproof windoors , cladding and skylights.

You can send measurements of your windows and doors for free estimations and consultancy...
Quality jobs are assured.

Kindly help a start-up business grow.
Thank you all.
Comments and recommendations are highly welcome.

CC: Hajji M
Egunmogaji
Spyders
Other gurus

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
koolengrtimmy:
Hello sir/ma,

I am Timilehin Isawumi, a structural engineer who deals with Aluminium&Glass services /solutions.
Kindly Call for Affordable/ long lasting shower cubicles, hand rails, glass slabs, Frame and framless partitions.
Also I install bullet proof windows, doors, soundproof windoors , cladding and skylights.

You can send measurements of your windows and doors for free estimations and consultancy...

Thank you all.

Egunmogaji
Spyders
Other gurus

While awaiting recommendations...........

Do you have a catalogue of your fabricated shower cubicles and what's the thickness of the glass?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2018
AngelicBeing:
You mean Phcn actually install meters like this shocked
yes oo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
koolengrtimmy:
Hello sir/ma,

Thank you all.

Egunmogaji
Spyders
Other gurus

Since we don't appreciate any form of advertisement here... I will advise you to open a thread and announce the thread here..
So in fairness to all.. your advert will be removed. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:
“In Nigeria, there is a specific body that has been set up to help consumers deal with issues where companies have either provided poor service or they have sold substandard goods to the consumer. This organization is the Consumer Protection Council – CPC.

The CPC is an agency of the Government under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment. It commenced operations in Nigeria in 1999. The CPC has 5 primary functions –

To inform consumers about their rights
To eliminate hazardous products from the market and ensure that products and services comply with required standards/specifications
To issue guidelines and regulations to producers of goods and services
To prosecute offenders when and where necessary
To provide redress to consumer complaints
So, all in all, the CPC is a pretty powerful agency, it is in fact the most powerful consumer redress and monitoring agency in Nigeria.”

https://lawpadi.com/complain-bad-product-service-nigeria/
Egun we all knew there are many government agencies, the question is are the effective. my answer to that is NO. I give example about two years ago, I booked flight from London en route Lagos to Abuja all schedule ok not until Lagos to Abuja, stupid Dana delay my flight of 45 minutes for 2 1/2 hours. With all those shit, I had to book another airline arrow contractor paid close to double fee not miss my appointment and programs. To cut the story short, I requested for my refund. They didn’t refund or even offer to rebook, I had to contact these same agency lodge complain, the did contact me 2 days later for follow up since then nothing my money is still with Dana airline till date. Now tell me, if it’s here will they even try that.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Okay, this get's better. So it's not even the customer that installed it, it's NEPA shocked
Yes, although I was not in Nigeria during the installation of mine but , l was told that Phcn called my family members, fix an appointment and they came to install it, it was installed on a side corner of my building and not on this kind of palmwime pole l am seeing here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 7:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
Rubbiish:

Bros na wa for u ooo
Na this small discuss u for write this long thing...
Sir/Ma are u lastpage? Your write up reminds me of him/her....

Hmnn!.

Una no go ever let sleeping dogs make dem sleep?.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2018

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
[lquote author=EgunMogaji post=66593077]

I’m glad that I m not the only one that keeps thinking about the logistics of this contraption grin[/quote]

We have same like this in port Harcourt. It's connected to a smaller panel like meter where u can make ur recharge
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Yes, although I was not in Nigeria during the installation of mine but , l was told that Phcn called my family members, fix an appointment and they came to install it, it was installed on a side corner of my building and not on this kind of palmwime pole l am seeing here

Mine was same. PHCN guy came with the Meter and installed it on the balcony/verandah with cable from the pole. Prepaid meter.

Hajji M.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (3695) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vikkystar(f), Philipok and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.