Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera (2609 Views)

My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour / Nissan Primera P11-144 Pinging Sound With Power Loss / My Exeperience Wit My Driver On First Major Trip (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by austin4real(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2015
Hello house. Recently I observed that my primera's temp gauge spikes up to the red zone @ time when driving, it then returns to normal when I put on the AC (the fan starts rolling), but wit the AC off, the temp gauge moves to the red-line. I took the vehicle to the mechanic for diagnostics, and they told me to redirect the fan to start working with or without AC, I adhered to the advise (Kazeems ideology) but still the temprature is sometimes above the half line, I want to know what could be wrongwith the vehicle, cos i'm not comfortable with the fact that the radiator fan is working all the time.
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by mayor2013: 8:54am On Aug 25, 2015
austin4real:
Hello house. Recently I observed that my primera's temp gauge spikes up to the red zone @ time when driving, it then returns to normal when I put on the AC (the fan starts rolling), but wit the AC off, the temp gauge moves to the red-line. I took the vehicle to the mechanic for diagnostics, and they told me to redirect the fan to start working with or without AC, I adhered to the advise (Kazeems ideology) but still the temprature is sometimes above the half line, I want to know what could be wrongwith the vehicle, cos i'm not comfortable with the fact that the radiator fan is working all the time.

Kazeem again. Your problem is very simple. One of your fan (s) aint working to its full capacity. It could be working but might be weak. So take a couple of mins to pop up your hood and make that observation your self. But in this situation where Mr kazeem has redirected the connection of your fan, if you need to solve the problem call 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by austin4real(m): 10:03am On Aug 25, 2015
mayor2013:

Kazeem again. Your problem is very simple. One of your fan (s) aint working to its full capacity. It could be working but might be weak. So take a couple of mins to pop up your hood and make that observation your self. But in this situation where Mr kazeem has redirected the connection of your fan, if you need to solve the problem call 08156087872 or 08165520837
I read in a particular post online that it could be air bubbles that is affecting the vehicle. Reasons why I suspect such also is because, there was a particular day the top radiator hose disconnected from the radiator, thereby spilling the whole coolant on the engine. I had to reconnect the hose and fill with coolant. Could this have been the beginning of the problem wit the cooling system (it didn't affect the gasket)
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by DECOtech(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2015
austin4real:

How many cooling fans are there in ur engine bay? Most times, it is one for you radiator and another for ur AC. Even at that, the fans aren't originally configured to run all the time. They are switched on n off by a dedicated temperature sensor.

In a case where there's just one cooling fan, the fan speed is controlled by the help of relays which make the fan run higher when ur AC is on and low when the AC is off.

Something is wrong with your electrical system but you choose to subdue the problem instead of fixing it.

As for your temp guage getting to the half mark, that's where it's supposed to be.

If you are in Lagos, find Gazzuzz for proper trouble Shooting and subsequent fix. But if you are anywhere in the east, please find my contact in my signature.
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by austin4real(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2015
DECOtech:

How many cooling fans are there in ur engine bay? Most times, it is one for you radiator and another for ur AC. Even at that, the fans aren't originally configured to run all the time. They are switched on n off by a dedicated temperature sensor.

In a case where there's just one cooling fan, the fan speed is controlled by the help of relays which make the fan run higher when ur AC is on and low when the AC is off.

Something is wrong with your electrical system but you choose to subdue the problem instead of fixing it.

As for your temp guage getting to the half mark, that's where it's supposed to be.

If you are in Lagos, find Gazzuzz for proper trouble Shooting and subsequent fix. But if you are anywhere in the east, please find my contact in my signature.
I don't stay in lagos, I stay in Ogun state. And yes I know the temp gauge is suppose to stay @ the halfway point. But like I said, it recently started hitting the red point when the AC is off. When it's @ that red point, the fan would come on thereby cooling it back to the halfway point, then the process repeats itself. Unless I switch on the AC, which makes the fan work @ all times..
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by DECOtech(m): 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
austin4real:

I don't stay in lagos, I stay in Ogun state. And yes I know the temp gauge is suppose to stay @ the halfway point. But like I said, it recently started hitting the red point when the AC is off. When it's @ that red point, the fan would come on thereby cooling it back to the halfway point, then the process repeats itself. Unless I switch on the AC, which makes the fan work @ all times..

You haven't told me how many cooling fans you have there. If it is one, then the relay that brings the fan on while ur AC is off has gone bad.

Ask ur electrician to identify and replace it.
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by austin4real(m): 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
DECOtech:

You haven't told me how many cooling fans you have there. If it is one, then the relay that brings the fan on while ur AC is off has gone bad.

Ask ur electrician to identify and replace it.
It has Two fans, meanwhile the relay has been checked and confirmed okay, while the mechanic has told me to go for a radiator flush
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by DECOtech(m): 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2015
austin4real:

It has Two fans, meanwhile the relay has been checked and confirmed okay, while the mechanic has told me to go for a radiator flush

Fine, since your relays are ok then the the temperature sensor responsible for switching the fan on and off shld be the next to be checked.

A radiator flush is a good idea.
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by austin4real(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
DECOtech:

Fine, since your relays are ok then the the temperature sensor responsible for switching the fan on and off shld be the next to be checked.

A radiator flush is a good idea.
My car has finally been Kazeemized which seems to have solved the issue. After the engine flush I took the car around for a spin, and noticed the problem still persisted, the next thing the mechanic did was to check the thermostat housing, (which I vermently refused) but he went ahead to remove the thermostat which seems to have solved the issue, but i'm thinking along the line of getting a new thermostat. How much is it sold for??
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by DECOtech(m): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
austin4real:

My car has finally been Kazeemized which seems to have solved the issue. After the engine flush I took the car around for a spin, and noticed the problem still persisted, the next thing the mechanic did was to check the thermostat housing, (which I vermently refused) but he went ahead to remove the thermostat which seems to have solved the issue, but i'm thinking along the line of getting a new thermostat. How much is it sold for??

lolz!

Imagine a man with malaria, he decides to take paracetamol to stop his headache instead of treating the ailment.

The kazeem has only succeeded in subduing the symptom of the ailment your car is having.
Overheating is not a problem. It is the symptom of a problem.

To test your thermostat, attach a string to it and lower it into boiling water, not letting it touch the base of the pot or kettle. If its good, you should see it gradually open up. If it does not open well or at all then the thermostat is the reason for the over heat and you need a new one which should not cost you more than 3k.

I still stand that the issue ur vehicle is having is electrical.
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by honmusa(m): 3:02am On Aug 26, 2015
The first step that supposed to have been taken first what was taken last .
The thermostat is one of those category of spare sparts that one needs to be replacing annually(Life span is usually 1 year).It is relatively inexpensive.Nigeria approach to maintenance routine is that it is when problems arise that you change the parts which is why there is always common cases of overheating issue around .Overheating is not a problem ,it is a sympton of a problem which why most car owners have their car " kazeemed" grin grin in a bid to resolve overheating issue .
@op your initial problem that leads to overheating is a common case thermostat stuck closed ,simply replace the thermostat and revert your fan to factory default .Stop patronizing kazeem before they burn more holes in your pocket grin grin.
Constantly working that fan will burn more fuel and degrade the performance the fan performance.
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by austin4real(m): 9:20am On Aug 26, 2015
honmusa:
The first step that supposed to have been taken first what was taken last .
The thermostat is one of those category of spare sparts that one needs to be replacing annually(Life span is usually 1 year).It is relatively inexpensive.Nigeria approach to maintenance routine is that it is when problems arise that you change the parts which is why there is always common cases of overheating issue around .Overheating is not a problem ,it is a sympton of a problem which why most car owners have their car " kazeemed" grin grin in a bid to resolve overheating issue .
@op your initial problem that leads to overheating is a common case thermostat stuck closed ,simply replace the thermostat and revert your fan to factory default .Stop patronizing kazeem before they burn more holes in your pocket grin grin.
Constantly working that fan will burn more fuel and degrade the performance the fan performance.
Thanks Honmusa, that was what I also had in mind, but i'm not sure I would be able to get my thermostat here in abeokuta. I'm seriously not cool wit the fan running constantly, I just had to temporarily settle for Kazeems methodology pending the time I would be able to get the thermostat..

1 Like

Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by Exponental(m): 11:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
Someone once complained about overheating, she claimed Kazeem had been battling with it for sometime. The simple problem was the radiator returns, completely empty. She filled it to required gauge and that was end of overheating. Try it!
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by ubaEsq: 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
My Honda baby boy, when i turn of the ignition, the engine fan turns on but when i turn on the AC, the AC fan does not come on. Ordinarilly i when i turn on the AC the both fans comes on. should i be worried?
Re: Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera by mayor2013: 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
ubaEsq:
My Honda baby boy, when i turn of the ignition, the engine fan turns on but when i turn on the AC, the AC fan does not come on. Ordinarilly i when i turn on the AC the both fans comes on. should i be worried?

Kazeem at it again

(1) (Reply)

The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 / Camry 2007 Model Shakes Badly At 80-100km / Honda Accord EOD Bumper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.