Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 (2614 Views)

On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) - Questions And Answers Thread / Engine Oil Change For Lexus ES 330 / ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus Rx300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by lordpapi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Does anyone use any of the OBD diagnostic scan tools available to read engine/ecu fault codes?
I am looking at buying one for my RX330 and would like some peoples opinions on which scan tools they have used and which type they used.
Which is best... either the stand alone units that plug straight in or laptop based software connected via usb cable to scan plug.
Thanks.

1 Share

Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by colossus2: 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
Forget the bluetooth stuff sir. Get a plug n play sir.
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by boldx(m): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
I have ELM Bluetooth OBD II device. Call 07019122591 to order
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
The Bluetooth ELM327 plug-in device are pretty basic. If you run iOS, you will NOT be able to connect. The Wi-Fi version is better, but still has limited capability.

I would go with a more expanded device. Toyota Techstream is the best option, it needs a laptop to run the software, but it can't be beaten.
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by lordpapi(m): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
Siena:
The Bluetooth ELM327 plug-in device are pretty basic. If you run iOS, you will NOT be able to connect. The Wi-Fi version is better, but still has limited capability.

I would go with a more expanded device. Toyota Techstream is the best option, it needs a laptop to run the software, but it can't be beaten.

Oga Siena, thanks for this info. I am suspecting that the car is consuming a lot of fuel. It's best for me to do diagnosis first before I take the car to an auto tech.
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by dhemmyhardy(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
@ Lordpapi! How you doing sir, you can check my store out
at. w w w. k o n g a. c o m/swift-track-nigeria-enterprise or please call me directly
To make your order I have some scanner there you can use for your RX330

Regards
Dhemmyhardy
3/7/2015
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by lordpapi(m): 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
Thanks guys. I will make my decision after due costly action and research on all y'all suggestions .
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by lordpapi(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hi guys, I have done some research and searched through the net for the particular OBD scan tool for my car and I came up with this, model Elm327 v1.5 . I got this on konga at 17k. I want Oga Siena and other auto gurus in the house to give their last advice before I purchase it. Here are d pix.

Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by gambus007(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
lordpapi:
Hi guys, I have done some research and searched through the net for the particular OBD scan tool for my car and I came up with this, model Elm327 v1.5 . I got this on konga at 17k. I want Oga Siena and other auto gurus in the house to give their last advice before I purchase it. Here are d pix.
expensive...should not b more than 5 to 6k.go for bluetooth type.that costless.only scans engine.
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by mayor2013: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
Multi autolab would sell a plug and play for 20k. If you are in need contact 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by lordpapi(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
@gamebuss007, this is what I got as per the Bluetooth version . But I dnt really need the Bluetooth version. I use an iPhone, and I gues the Bluetooth version of OBD will not be compatible with IPhone . I need the wifi version ,which unfortunately is not available on konga. Don't know if u have an idea where I can get it.

Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by abatically(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
lordpapi:
@gamebuss007, this is what I got as per the Bluetooth version . But I dnt really need the Bluetooth version. I use an iPhone, and I gues the Bluetooth version of OBD will not be compatible with IPhone . I need the wifi version ,which unfortunately is not available on konga. Don't know if u have an idea where I can get it.

It works, but can only read basic engine and transmission codes and u need a smartphone to use it with, or a laptop (slower connection on laptops). U need something better and more expensive to scan abs, SRS, etc.
Re: The Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner For Lexus Rx330 by gambus007(m): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
lordpapi:
/elm-327-obd-ii-bluetooth-car-diagnostic-scanner-1042399
same as above.it works with iphone,android and laptop.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2007 Air Fuel Ration Sensor & Heater Oxygen Sensor Needed / Nissan Maxima Camshaft Sensor Issues And Going Off On Motion / RX300 Rattling Noise At Cold Start. Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.