Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage (21116 Views)

Naira Shortage Forces Banks To Boycott CBN Dollar Sale / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch / Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2015
MTN with their 419 tendencies sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by lordtech(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2015
Ok
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Atlantian: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2015
Buhari
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by steve308(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2015
Life is not a playground; rather it's a battle ground. You have to be strong and courageous enough to fight your way through the battlefield of life before you can win and achieve your dreams. Not everyone will survive because some will give up along the way, some will be imprisoned, and some will even die. But try your best to be among those that will survive and succeed. Be the one to make it among all your friends.

Nobody cares about you until you win; and nobody wants to hear your story until you become successful. Its sad and pathetic, but that's the way our world is today, and that's why you must do everything you can to win and succeed in life.
Life is difficult and sometimes we don't even know which way to go. But you must keep going in the right direction of your dreams as you navigate through the absurdities of life.

Adversities are inescapable, inexorable, and inevitable in all our lives. So since this is true, you have to anticipate them, prepare for them, and not be surprised when they finally arrive in your own life. You must also not allow them stop you from achieving your dreams, or deter you from pursuing the things that will truly make you happy.

Even though sometimes, we're hurdled to the wrong direction by the strong currents of life, we must always readjust our sails and continue sailing in the right direction of our dreams and destiny.

You must do everything you can to be who you want to be. Do not let the tides and currents of adversities carry you around. Be strong and courageous enough to swim upwards against the currents and tides. Don't be discouraged due to the hard times you're going through now my friend. Remember, It's the hard times that begets greatness. Life is tough, so you have to be tougher before you can succeed and become great.

Its true that life is difficult and times are hard. But that's the way it's supposed to be because without difficulties and hard times, there won't be greatness. Without failure, success will mean nothing. Without the dark, we will never see the stars. And without the winter, we won't appreciate the summer. So life is just perfect and beautiful the way it is. All you have to do is to pursue your dreams now that you're young so that you won't end up like all these old people everywhere who're still having money problems and will spend the rest of their lives unhappy and miserable with regrets of the choices they made when they were young.

Very importantly, do not waste your life waiting for someone to help you. Everybody is fighting their own battles and no one is going to help you achieve your dreams, but you. However, if during your journey you find help along the way, accept and appreciate it, but keep marching forward in the direction of your dreams. Once again my friend, do not sit around waiting for help from anyone because it will never come unless you help yourself.

Only you can make your dreams come true. And when there is a will, there's always a way.

- me personally wish u best in life and we at Regville associates hope and pray you make it in life have a wonderful day
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2015
kenedy175:
Lol... with your eyes like that of a colossal squid
ROTFL . Abeg u win
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 25, 2015
Well almost every country has been panicking since monday morning,china has really hit them hard this time...
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2015
kenedy175:
Lol... with your eyes like that of a colossal squid
*faints*
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by darocha1: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2015
Eeshfar779:
When I saw d topic, I thought dey meant d deduction of borrowed
airtime

i thought same too...lol
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by kenedy175(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2015
Stelvin101:

ROTFL . Abeg u win
Lol... oya go and clean my car. Remember to waste the mud guard well oo. tongue
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by PRYCE(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2015
kenedy175:
Where is President prime minister Admiral General BuharI
Of Wadiya!
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2015
holluwai:
How come they owe so much? I still recharged 750 this morning nah....haba!
Oh boy stop lying, you bought 100 naira recharge card from that girl not 750
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by FGlobalPro: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2015
1Thess4:11&12

Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by nwadiuko1(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2015
What are they saying cos I don't understand a thing! grin mek dem pay with naira na
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by kenedy175(m): 10:16am On Aug 25, 2015
PRYCE:
Of Wadiya!
Lol. Your head dey there
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by ednut1(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2015
holluwai:
How come they owe so much? I still recharged 750 this morning nah....haba!
it is cheaper to run business with loans. all those big companies nd d likes of dangote, otedola nd co owe banks billions. oil company afren is going under banks may lose 134m dollars they borrowed dem
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by urchmanx(m): 10:29am On Aug 25, 2015
From most of the comments I understand why so many people shot sai baba. When the country is going down. They didn't understand the simple process of economics.
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2015
ok...
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Evaromantik(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2015
AdaNri1:
i don't get this!
na im be say u no no wetin dey nah
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2015
MrRobot:
[size=13pt]Almost 100days in office and N1 != $1. Our Democracy has been scammed! [/size]

1 Like

Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2015
kenedy175:

Lol... oya go and clean my car. Remember to waste the mud guard well oo. tongue

Hahahaha see dis one wey no even get side mirror wan still talk. you even know brake for inside car sef lol
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by luthorcorp: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2015
the whole network companies defrauding Nigerians off the hard earned money since 12bc
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by Johncuppa(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2015
Eeshfar779:
When I saw d topic, I thought dey meant d deduction of borrowed
airtime
My thought as well
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by pBuhari(f): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2015
CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR URL
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by elujah1(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2015
kenedy175:
Where is President prime minister Admiral General BuharI
the movie dictator lol :-)
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by holluwai(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2015
ednut1:
it is cheaper to run business with loans. all those big companies nd d likes of dangote, otedola nd co owe banks billions. oil company afren is going under banks may lose 134m dollars they borrowed dem

I need a loan asap then!
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by holluwai(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2015
adisasegun:
Oh boy stop lying, you bought 100 naira recharge card from that girl not 750

grin see as you finish me.
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by amazingspiderma: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2015
urchmanx:
From most of the comments I understand why so many people shot sai baba. When the country is going down. They didn't understand the simple process of economics.

Just wondering the same thing here.Can't shout.

Back to the topic
Summary-The price of the Naira against the dollar has fallen.
Last year $500 million @ 170 was 8.5 billion naira
Today $500 million @ 230 is 11.5 billion naira,
a difference of over 3 billion naira in value of loan excluding interest.
MTN wants the CBN intervention on the rates,so they can reduce the figure.
It is CBN alone that can fix favourable exchange rate so they won't have to pay at market rates,hence reduce the cost of borrowing.

1 Like

Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by atlwireles: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2015
Let's give it sometime, Buhari's body language will soon produce dollars. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by CSTR2: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2015
I can't believe any sensible country has buhari as its president.
He probably dosen't give a hoot about foreign investments.
The future of that country looks very bleak.
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by miqos02(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2015
they should pay the naira equivalent now
Re: MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage by mikkypel(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2015
If you read that epistle to the end, you deserve an Oscar award

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PLEASE HELP- Flip Cash, I Have Been Scammed 25k / Remittance: CBN Raises BDC Exchange Rate To N385/$ / 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.