Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread - Education (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread (349889 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread / Adekunle Ajasin University,Akungba 2016/2017 Admission Process Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by seanwilliam(m): 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
emazion:
just go to their site and check ur result dont wait for text
bro i don checkam..it shows no result yet
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
Millex:
Better still, grow a pair, keep at the optimism it would take you far
ma own pair of titanium balls?!shocked sounds kul cool.... Thanks mate, I will
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 12:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
Elxandre:
UNILAG doesn't accept two sittings for Medicine too.
and the list of f'ked up universities increasesundecided.... Lord save us!!!angry
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
Elxandre:
Can't decide if to stick to Statistics or do a COC to Comp Sci, UI.

But, I can't fucvk this admission up. So tired. sad
does statistics and comp sci. have same utme combination?..... if yes, then fees, school environs, chances of employment and most importantly No. of aspirants should determine your choice

I love comp sci tho, if I wasn't so glued to med&surg, I'd be writing codes and making up algorithms
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by evansvenus(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
Immality:

I need advice from you guys....
Any chances of gaining admission in Imsu with 180 in jamb and PHILOSOPHY as the course of study....
Any advice on change of institution or course...

yea..cut-off is 180
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by evansvenus(m): 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
Donpre is cool..just carry out your research and make sure you are apt about it..buh just know that most fed unis don't accept two sittings for med and surg
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
evansvenus:
Donpre is cool..just carry out your research and make sure you are apt about it..buh just know that most fed unis don't accept two sittings for med and surg
Thanks pal.... most appreciatedwink
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Elxandre(m): 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
Donpre:

does statistics and comp sci. have same utme combination?..... if yes, then fees, school environs, chances of employment and most importantly No. of aspirants should determine your choice

I love comp sci tho, if I wasn't so glued to med&surg, I'd be writing codes and making up algorithms
It's same combination.
Even the same cut off last year, even though Csc is far more competitive. (UI)

But I'm trying to play it safe, that's why I opted for Stats with the hope of possibly switching in 200L.

This whole Jamb stuff just complicated things sha.
Many pple will probably change to UI due to low scores, causing more competition.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Immality(m): 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
evansvenus:

yea..cut-off is 180

Thanks bro... Are you a student of imsu and what's the post utme cut off of philosophy...
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Immality:

I need advice from you guys....
Any chances of gaining admission in Imsu with 180 in jamb and PHILOSOPHY as the course of study....
Any advice on change of institution or course...
No of aspirant <258>
considering how many people didn't do well in the utme, at least 150 people should take the putme along side you... last year imsu questions were 50 to be answered in 40mins, which each carrying 8 marks

so evaluate your chances and ability, if you feel you can pull it off, then get reading and f'kin ace that exam, they should admit at least 50. If you can also pull some strings, do so, the days of merit are long gone pal.

Enjoy the school! still can't believe I'm not going there... well its for the best
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Immality(m): 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
Donpre:

No of aspirant <258>
considering how many people didn't do well in the utme, at least 150 people should take the putme along side you... last year imsu questions were 50 to be answered in 40mins, which each carrying 8 marks

so evaluate your chances and ability, if you feel you can pull it off, then get reading and f'kin ace that exam, they should admit at least 50. If you can also pull some strings, do so, the days of merit are long gone pal.

Enjoy the school! still can't believe I'm not going there... well its for the best

Thanks bro.... Really do appreciate.... but was thinking that the Will admit up to 100 students....
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by olahero(m): 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fedric:
my fellow, i score 187 in jamb and i wanna study optometry in one of the bellow mention uni.

imo state uni<with total applicant of 356.

unilorin with 259 applicant.

am from delta state.

which uni will i be most welcome and can admit me into optometry
hello Bros, how did u know about the Total Applicants? Put me through. Needs for Unilorin Education & English Language, Applicants number.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
Immality:

Thanks bro.... Really do appreciate.... but was thinking that the Will admit up to 100 students....
I can't say, I think 50 should be the least, buh who is to say they won't admit up to 100.... Just read real hard bro, I know you'd make it

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
olahero:
hello Bros, how did u know about the Total Applicants? Put me through. Needs for Unilorin Education & English Language, Applicants number.
just Google "jamb 2016 statistics".... then click on the jamb.org link

anyway 384 for Education & English

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by evansvenus(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
Immality:

Thanks bro... Are you a student of imsu and what's the post utme cut off of philosophy...

i reside in imo...post ume cut off is 180...just aim above 200 and you will get the admission..are u from imo state?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Immality(m): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
evansvenus:

i reside in imo...post ume cut off is 180...just aim above 200 and you will get the admission..are u from imo state?

Am from imo state... mbaise precisely.....
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by olahero(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
Donpre:

just Google "jamb 2016 statistics".... then click on the jamb.org link

anyway 384 for Education & English
thanks, have seen it.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by evansvenus(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
Immality:

Am from imo state... mbaise precisely.....
cool..ok bro..you need info bou' imsu..buzz me up
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by olahero(m): 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Any Unilorin aspirant who lives in Ilorin that chooses Edu & English Language? Lets hook-up .
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Elxandre:

It's same combination.
Even the same cut off last year, even though Csc is far more competitive. (UI)

But I'm trying to play it safe, that's why I opted for Stats with the hope of possibly switching in 200L.

This whole Jamb stuff just complicated things sha.
Many pple will probably change to UI due to low scores, causing more competition.
if its possible to switch, then stick to the least competitive course, then switch later.... buh if its not, then dude take the bull by the horn or change to another university(if your jamb score is considerably high)

for sure, UI would be as competitive as hell this year.... Wish ya da best bro
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by refiner(f): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
am dead!...totally dead!!!....jamb is a scam!,am frustrated.....what d heck is going on?...dis is my least jamb score...even when I was in ss3,I wrote jamb and I scored 227,I wasn't DAT serious den buh now DAT I read everything readable,followed d syllabus,bought all d subjects test books and burnt d midnight candle,wrote 270 boldly on my room wall as my target!,jamb decided to put shame on my face and useless my life!

jamb has succeeded to frustrate me at last!.....plz friends what will 194 fetch me?...I don't fink any uni can offer any course to me with DAT!....

oh God!...my parents are gonna kill me!....

will resign to fate!
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Brownhypo: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
evansvenus:
Donpre why not wait till the exam is completed? They you can actually know stats for each school...they might likely reduce..

NB...no school accepts two sittings for med and surg

fedric..if you want a less competitive course go for agriculture..but your subject combo wnt allow you,so you are left with industrial chem and pharm..the latter is competitive,you need a high jamb score..why not try unical..you from the catchment area..im also aspiring for chemistry at unical
WhatsApp me ob 08167204407 for unical postume past questions (PDF)
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Millex(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
refiner:
am dead!...totally dead!!!....jamb is a scam!,am frustrated.....what d heck is going on?...dis is my least jamb score...even when I was in ss3,I wrote jamb and I scored 227,I wasn't DAT serious den buh now DAT I read everything readable,followed d syllabus,bought all d subjects test books and burnt d midnight candle,wrote 270 boldly on my room wall as my target!,jamb decided to put shame on my face and useless my life!

jamb has succeeded to frustrate me at last!.....plz friends what will 194 fetch me?...I don't fink any uni can offer any course to me with DAT!....

will resign to fate!

Keep calm, what course are you going for?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by refiner(f): 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
Millex:

Keep calm, what course are you going for?

my dear am going for English and literature, buh dere is no hope now!

last yr I scored 247 wif desame course buh I wasn't admitted,now tel me how den will I be admitted wif just 194!....My God!...am dealt wif!
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by bankybobo11: 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
While you can still change your institution to any choice, I advice you to change to Ondo State University of Science and Technology. It's a new state university established in 2010 and has graduated only one set. Faculty of Engineering will kick off at the start of 2016/2017 session. The cut off mark has been reduced to 180 from 200. Act fast smiley
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by slimmybaarbie(f): 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
refiner:

will resign to fate!

Sorry dear, you can check up some universities, actually some unis cutoff mark is 180 smiley
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nognome(m): 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hey guys............................ Is there anyone here that is currently running on the IJMB examination body? Or you know someone who is undergoing lectures with them for admission into 200l? If yes, please let me know how true and reliable thay are. Thanks......
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
refiner:

will resign to fate!

babe a state university with less competition would suffice... jamb did a lotta sh!t this year, I'm so sorry you got caught in the mess

and I'm sure you parents wouldn't kill a jewel, they might be disappointed buh that's just it.... unless you're allergic to disappointment, then I think we've got a problemgrin

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nognome(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
@refiner. Its well bro, jamb isn't fair. AAU takes 180 bro if you're interested.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Millex(m): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
refiner:

my dear am going for English and literature, buh dere is no hope now!

last yr I scored 247 wif desame course buh I wasn't admitted,now tel me how den will I be admitted wif just 194!....My God!...am dealt wif!
Number one beating yourself up isn't going to solve the problem nor would it increase your jamb score, why not find out what you did or didn't do last year that cost you your admission. Adapt, reorganise it's not the end of the world, you canalways change to a uni that doesn't use aggregate of your jamb score and putme, my 2 cents tho
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by omokenny24(f): 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Good Evening Everyone...... Needs Little Enlightenment About Change Of Institution.... When Is It Likely To Close? Can One Get It At A Cafe? And Is It Necessary To Print My Result Since I'll Be Changing My Institution And Will My Former Choices Reflect On The Slip For My New Institution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (178) (Reply)

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / [Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.