Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Read How Much Money Do Bloggers Make? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Read How Much Money Do Bloggers Make? (4184 Views)

How Do Bloggers Get Their Money / 7 Mistakes Bloggers Make That Defame Their Blogs By Mediapace / Confused: How Do Bloggers Receive Money From Ads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read How Much Money Do Bloggers Make? by ngbiznews: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
I began my work at home adventure about 5 years ago!

It began answering questions for ChaCha and moved into call center work for LiveOps. After I had my second blog, I found myself needing to find non-phone work I could do online at my own pace. My search quickly earned me the label as the ‘go to’ girl for information about work from home jobs which led me to starting a blog.

Here we are now.

Work at Home Adventures turned THREE years old this month!!

Now I am fortunate enough to consider blogging my primary source of income. I love sharing all the ways I find to make money online. However, I also find it difficult to share much about my current gig as a blogger.

Sharing My Blogging Income
Sharing my income as a blogger has been something I have wanted to do for a long time. I think it would be highly motivational for anyone who is considering this method of “passive” income.

This isn’t a way to boast or brag– this is a way to give you a reality of how you really can make money as a blogger.

Blog Success Can Not Be Replicated
In a sense, it is completely pointless for me to share my path to blogging success.

The reason?

Most of the keys to why I can call blogging my primary work at home job is because of random acts of luck, or rather the Grace of God. Every blogger has their own story, their own lucky moments, their own methods and ways of thinking- all of which make each and every successful blogger story completely unique.

I will share the details of how NGbiznews and my blogging career began and evolved. Then you will see several other bloggers share some stats of their blogs for reference.

My Blogging Adventure
I started blogging on a free platform called blogger in June of 2010. I fumbled my way through it all, having no clue what I was doing- I just did. I shared links to my blog in a Facebook forum and on facebook. I was so excited when I started getting 100 visitors in a day!

In December of 2010 I felt ready for the big leagues and began spending $10 a month with hosting services through Hostgator so I could use the WordPress platform.

As I had been doing my online research for work at home jobs I learned more and more about the online hangouts of fellow work at home-ers. Socializing and being a part of the online work at home community became extremely important to me in growing Work at Home Adventures.

In early spring of 2011 I received my first $100 earned from ads appearing on my blog!!
I was so excited to have something to show for all my work. I had many hours in a ‘hobby’ that was beginning to pay off! I continued blogging here not because I was making money but because I enjoyed it. I loved the satisfaction of knowing I was helping other people.

There have been MANY MANY MANY times I almost quit blogging. I have always put around 10-20 hours a week into this site. It took me two whole years to really see a good return on my invested time. I am so glad I didn’t give up and am now able to reap the rewards of time well spent.
My Current Blog Earnings
NGbizNews is currently averaging $1800-2000 a month. I also run several other sites and do web design projects on the side. Blogging and web design are my primary source of income.
How I earn money at NGbizNews:
Ads- there are several around the site in various (strategic) places. Use Place Ads Page under Important Pages to Advertise your Products and Drive Customers/Traffics for Business Men,Women/Webmasters respectively to order your Ads Placed/Featured on This Website.
In-Text Links- Similar to ads, companies like Adsense turn text into advertising.
Affiliate Links- I have learned that many products and services I use myself have affiliate links that can earn me money for sharing them with friends.

Other Bloggers Share Their Earnings... Read More on the source below

Source: http://ngbiznews..com/2015/08/read-how-much-money-do-bloggers-make.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yookos Version 2.1 / How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) / Need A Website For Your Dropshipping Business Click Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.