Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. (6200 Views)

2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele / Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside / Solid Proof: God Exist And He Is Very Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by italo: 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
Jeromejnr:

CaptainJune...come see this abeg. Especially the bolded. lipsrsealed

Let CaptainJune come and see and help you quickly...

Obviously you have run out of hiding space.

...and also show him where you said the Bible is from the heretical Talmud where it was said that Jesus is burning in hell.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:
Acts3:6 But Peter said: Silver and gold I have none; but what I have, I give thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, arise, and walk.

Keep deceiving yourself with your strange man-made prosperity gospel!

Good you quoted this. Note that Peter said, 'Silver and gold, I have none', he didn't say, 'Silver and gold, God says I should not have'. There's a whole world of difference between those two.

Don't be deceived, God is a God of prosperity. A study of Kings David and Solomon, their wealth, sacrifices, and what they spent in building God's temple will help you. And then, you have an avalanche of scriptures which the op has furnished us with.

I heard the gold, silver and all of what King David gave towards building the temple is worth about $6Billion, and you are here peddling poverty.

Please, don't allow the devil cheat you of some of the blessings of redemption, of which prosperity is one.

Nyt.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

...and also show him where you said the Bible is from the heretical Talmud where it was said that Jesus is burning in hell.

We're done mehn.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by michaelwestern(m): 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Then pray for God to baptise you with more poverty. grin

wow, this is epic. This shows the hypocricy in most christians. They dont want to be poor but they want others to be poor. Its very likely that the guy himself is not poor. He has a phone, subcribtion, a comfortable home that he can relax and browse and he possibly even has a car but he wants other christians to be poor.

But there should be a balance too. The reason why God wants us to be rich is not only so that we, our family and our coming generations(some people have money that can last for 5 generations) can be comfortable. But he blesses us, so that we can bless others.

The bible said in ephesians 4:28; " let him that stole steal no more: but rather labour with his hands the things which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

God bless you all.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 12:16am On Aug 29, 2015
michaelwestern:

wow, this is epic. This shows the hypocricy in most christians. They dont want to be poor but they want others to be poor. Its very likely that the guy himself is not poor. He has a phone, subcribtion, a comfortable home that he can relax and browse and he possibly even has a car but he wants other christians to be poor.

But there should be a balance too. The reason why God wants us to be rich is not only so that we, our family and our coming generations(some people have money that can last for 5 generations) can be comfortable. But he blesses us, so that we can bless others.

The bible said in ephesians 4:28; " let him that stole steal no more: but rather labour with his hands the things which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

God bless you all.

True talk bro!
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by michaelwestern(m): 12:30am On Aug 29, 2015
Jeromejnr:

He made that statement probably because of the prayer of consecration that Jesus Christ prayed in the garden of gethsemany. From your conversations with him on this thread, i believe that he is still a baby christian(so am I), so dont be too hard on him

And brother, you are blessed. I've not noticed your username before but i will start looking out for you. Love you bro, keep the fire burning.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 12:32am On Aug 29, 2015
michaelwestern:

He made that statement probably because of the prayer of consecration that Jesus Christ prayed in the garden of gethsemany. From your conversations with him on this thread, i believe that he is still a baby christian(so am I), so dont be too hard on him

And brother, you are blessed. I've not noticed your username before but i will start looking out for you. Love you bro, keep the fire burning.

Aiit!

Thanks bro.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by italo: 5:23am On Aug 29, 2015
Jeromejnr:

We're done mehn.

It was done since I busted your false doctrine with scripture verses showing Jesus and his apostles to be poor.

It was done since I busted your blasphemy that the bible is from the heretical Talmud.

Ever since you've been looking for somewhere to hide.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by italo: 5:29am On Aug 29, 2015
Gaborone:

Good you quoted this. Note that Peter said, 'Silver and gold, I have none', he didn't say, 'Silver and gold, God says I should not have'. There's a whole world of difference between those two.

Don't be deceived, God is a God of prosperity. A study of Kings David and Solomon, their wealth, sacrifices, and what they spent in building God's temple will help you. And then, you have an avalanche of scriptures which the op has furnished us with.

I heard the gold, silver and all of what King David gave towards building the temple is worth about $6Billion, and you are here peddling poverty.

Please, don't allow the devil cheat you of some of the blessings of redemption, of which prosperity is one.

Nyt.

So shelterless Jesus, hungry Paul and penniless Peter didn't know this your pentecostal God of prosperity. They allowed the devil to cheat them abi?

Keep fooling yourself with man-made false unscriptural doctrine.

And stop lying against me in order to defend false doctrine. I did not peddle poverty.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by italo: 5:36am On Aug 29, 2015
michaelwestern:

God bless you all.

Please stop lying against me in order to promote your false doctrine.

I don't want anyone to be poor. I never told you that.

What I did was to show Bible verses that show Jesus, Peter and Paul, Mary and Joseph were poor, not wealthy.

Unfortunately, the OP has said the Bible is from a satanic text...Talmud...so I don't expect him to believe the Bible.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by italo: 5:39am On Aug 29, 2015
michaelwestern:

And your 'adult christian' claims the bible is from the satanic Talmud.

Why don't you say if I was right or wrong in saying Jesus was unaware of God's will regarding the crucifixion?

Ignorant hypocrites!
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by michaelwestern(m): 7:24am On Aug 29, 2015
italo:

Please stop lying against me in order to promote your false doctrine.

I don't want anyone to be poor. I never told you that.

What I did was to show Bible verses that show Jesus, Peter and Paul, Mary and Joseph were poor, not wealthy.

Unfortunately, the OP has said the Bible is from a satanic text...Talmud...so I don't expect him to believe the Bible.

Am sorry if i misunderstood your posts.

Does God want us to be rich or poor?

Clarify your position by answering the question above.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by MuttleyLaff: 7:29am On Aug 29, 2015
italo:
[size=5pt]I don't know.[/size]
Even Jesus didn't know God's will regarding whether he was to be crucified or not
[size=5pt]Even St. Paul didn't know whether God would heal his ailment or not.

Even Job didn't know whether God wanted him to be rich or poor.

What we know is that God wants us to know him, love him, serve him and be with him forever.[/size]

Jeromejnr:

italo:

michaelwestern:
He made that statement
probably because of the prayer of consecration that Jesus Christ prayed in the garden of gethsemany

From your conversations with him on this thread, i believe that he is still a baby christian (so am I), so dont be too hard on him

[size=5pt]And brother, you are blessed. I've not noticed your username before but i will start looking out for you.
Love you bro, keep the fire burning.[/size]

@Jeromejnr, @CaptainJune, @michaelwestern smiley, welcome to the world of my very dear friend and good brother italo smiley

As we've been at loggerheads a few times, I am not surprised, italo says ''Jesus didn't know God's will''
This is inline with SYNCAN, one of italo's brothers in the faith, who earlier implied Jesus was forsaken,
which prompted me to I rebutt him & others who share the same view that ''Jesus was forsaken'' with the below excerpt

- EXCERPT-

Stop playing the victim card here Oga
Can you please not be daft, no one is picking a quarrel with you
but what so far has been said, is that, Jesus for the benefit of the disciples uttered in Aramaic the purpose
(i.e. the reason all those things were happening, the reason why He was created or the reason why He came to exist)
He then after declaring that the purpose (i.e. the process for salvation) is finished or accomplished
excused Himself with the "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" last word

Jesus chose His word very carefully and didnt speak impetuously when He used "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
He actually was paraphrasing the begining of Psalm 22 (i.e. Psalm 22:1) just like He paraphrased the end of Psalm 22 (i.e Psalm 22:31)
There are a bunch of other scriptures and messianic psalms Jesus paraphrases.
Paul Peter et al also display this behaviour

Jesus deliberating DID NOT quote Psalms 22:1 verbatim or directly
but consciously changed or switched language and used the Aramaic "sabachthani",
so as to make the distinction from the Aramaic "nashatani"

"nashatani" and "sabachthani" are both Aramaic
"Nashatani" is the Aramaic word for the Hebrew word "azabtani", where in Psalms 22:1 it is correctly translated as the English word "forsaken"

Since "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani" is Aramaic, if Jesus meant "forsaken", He would have uttered "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani"
where "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani" would mean "My God, My God, why hath Thou forsaken Me"
but He used "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
which means:
"My God, My God, this is why You kept me"
or "My God, My God, this is My destiny" (i.e. I was born to do this)
or "My God, My God, this is what You permitted"
or "My God, My God, this is what You allowed"

Unlike some like you, specifically saying or insisting on "forsaken", the Aramaic speaking disciples and others in the crowd who were from Galilee never for a moment thought that Jesus had said God had forsaken Him.
How can that possibly be? God, forsaking Jesus? Nah, no, no, no.

Those words:
"My God, My God, for this I was kept"
or "My God, My God, this is why You kept me"
or "My God, My God, this is My destiny" (i.e. I was born for this)

was deliberated spoken in Aramaic by Jesus to God the Father and He spoke it loud and clear enough for the benefit and hearing of the disciples and others who understood Aramaic. He confirmed the plan, confirmed the reason for His crucifixion, and confirmed the execution of the plan
He did all this to the hearing of the disciples et al, made it publicly official, so that the beautiful message be known and be passed on to the entire world by the hearers of those unforgetable last words.

If you dont get it, if you refuse to admit that it is about the "forsaken" word, if you want to bury head in sand etcetera, so be it.

I wasnt quarrelling with you or having a tiff with you. I have a thousand one, better, and more attentive things to do than quarrel with you.
I was compelled to share this and my spirit or conscience wouldn't be at peace or stay at rest without sharing the knowledge
and besides that, I am lover, not a "quarreller", not a fighter.

I've done my bit bro. Have a great week.
I should have given up long time because for all it's worth, I've had my posts hidden and got banned twice by the finicky antispam bot,
Seun or one of the moderators came to the rescue and unhid the post, only to get slayed again by the antispam bot and hide my post again when trying to clean and tidy up the typos etcetera with another post before cancelling my original post which is no longer hidden.
I thought I have edited out what is triggering or setting off the antispam bot
but no, I havent, as I still had my post hidden and got banned again hence the muttleylaff2 ID

READ MORE or access the ENTIRE thread from here
https://www.nairaland.com/2423726/no-pastor-ever-answered-questions/1#35536119

-/EXCERPT-

Jesus knew the Father's will concerning the world, concerning Him.
Jesus knew why He was here. Jesus knew He was to die
- if the state death of the day happened to be crucifixion, so be it

God had to die, and this He did in the person of God the Son
There is power in the blood, more the power in an untainted & purifying ''110 high grade'' blood

Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood,
and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by italo: 7:42am On Aug 29, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

@Jeromejnr, @CaptainJune, @michaelwestern LOL, welcome to the world of my very dear friend and good brother italo :-)

I am not surprised, italo says ''Jesus didn't know God's will''
SYNCAN, one of italo's brothers in the faith, earlier before I rebutted him with the below, implied Jesus was forsaken

- EXERPT -

Stop playing the victim card here Oga
Can you please not be daft, no one is picking a quarrel with you
but what so far has been said, is that, Jesus for the benefit of the disciples uttered in Aramaic the purpose
(i.e. the reason all those things were happening, the reason why He was created or the reason why He came to exist)
He then after declaring that the purpose (i.e. the process for salvation) is finished or accomplished
excused Himself with the "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" last word

Jesus chose His word very carefully and didnt speak impetuously when He used "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
He actually was paraphrasing the begining of Psalm 22 (i.e. Psalm 22:1) just like He paraphrased the end of Psalm 22 (i.e Psalm 22:31)
There are a bunch of other scriptures and messianic psalms Jesus paraphrases.
Paul Peter et al also display this behaviour

Jesus deliberating DID NOT quote Psalms 22:1 verbatim or directly
but consciously changed or switched language and used the Aramaic "sabachthani",
so as to make the distinction from the Aramaic "nashatani"

"nashatani" and "sabachthani" are both Aramaic
"Nashatani" is the Aramaic word for the Hebrew word "azabtani", where in Psalms 22:1 it is correctly translated as the English word "forsaken"

Since "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani" is Aramaic, if Jesus meant "forsaken", He would have uttered "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani"
where "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani" would mean "My God, My God, why hath Thou forsaken Me"
but He used "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
which means:
"My God, My God, this is why You kept me"
or "My God, My God, this is My destiny" (i.e. I was born to do this)

Unlike some like you, specifically saying or insisting on "forsaken", the Aramaic speaking disciples and others in the crowd who were from Galilee never for a moment thought that Jesus had said God had forsaken Him.
How can that possibly be? God, forsaking Jesus? Nah, no, no, no.

Those words:
"My God, My God, for this I was kept"
or "My God, My God, this is why You kept me"
or "My God, My God, this is My destiny" (i.e. I was born for this)

was deliberated spoken in Aramaic by Jesus to God the Father and He spoke it loud and clear enough for the benefit and hearing of the disciples and others who understood Aramaic. He confirmed the plan, confirmed the reason for His crucifixion, and confirmed the execution of the plan
He did all this to the hearing of the disciples et al, made it publicly official, so that the beautiful message be known and be passed on to the entire world by the hearers of those unforgetable last words.

If you dont get it, if you refuse to admit that it is about the "forsaken" word, if you want to bury head in sand etcetera, so be it.

I wasnt quarrelling with you or having a tiff with you. I have a thousand one, better, and more attentive things to do than quarrel with you.
I was compelled to share this and my spirit or conscience wouldn't be at peace or stay at rest without sharing the knowledge
and besides that, I am lover, not a "quarreller", not a fighter.

I've done my bit bro. Have a great week.
I should have given up long time because for all it's worth, I've had my posts hidden and got banned twice by the finicky antispam bot,
Seun or one of the moderators came to the rescue and unhid the post, only to get slayed again by the antispam bot and hide my post again when trying to clean and tidy up the typos etcetera with another post before cancelling my original post which is no longer hidden.
I thought I have edited out what is triggering or setting off the antispam bot
but no, I havent, as I still had my post hidden and got banned again hence the muttleylaff2 ID

READ MORE or access the ENTIRE thread from here
https://www.nairaland.com/2423726/no-pastor-ever-answered-questions/1#35536119

-/EXERPT -

See how many words it takes when trying to twist the gospel?

Take this and twist it too:

Luke22:42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Also, you miraculously failed to notice that Jeromejnr said the Bible is from the satanic Talmud.

Also you didn't mention to your fellow ignorant hypocrites that you teach that water baptism is obsolete and Jesus led his apostles to do it in error.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by italo: 7:48am On Aug 29, 2015
Another question for you ignorant hypocrites:

Did Jesus know the date and time that God wills for his return to earth?

*wrestle with that. smiley
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by MuttleyLaff: 8:01am On Aug 29, 2015
italo:
See how many words it takes when trying to twist the gospel?

Take this and twist it too:

Luke22:42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Also, you miraculously failed to notice that Jeromejnr said the Bible is from the satanic Talmud.

Also you didn't mention to your fellow ignorant hypocrites that you teach that water baptism is obsolete and Jesus led his apostles to do it in error.

smiley
What Jeromejnr said didnt deem commenting on
as everyone knows the Talmud isnt God inspired
- at least, not if we're going by 2 Timothy 3:16 guideline
Anyway, trawl through my past posts, to see what my take is on the Talmud is
(e.g. use the search tool with search word muttleylaff+talmud)

Better still, saving your the time & effort,
you should be able to pick out my view on the Talmud from the below snippet touching on another subject

- SNIPPET -

(4) The Oral Law of the Jews (later written as the Talmud)
- the interpretation of Moses' Law by the Scribes and Pharisees.

It is followed by the Orthodox Jews to this day as of equal authority to the Bible.

They falsely claimed it was passed down from Moses by word of mouth.
Jesus clashed with Pharisees over this law. He rejected it and came against it's legalistic spirit (Matt15:3, Mark7:3).

Now when 1 Cor 14:34,35 refers to a law of silence for women, it couldn't be:
(1) because there's no such law in the Old-Testament and he would say 'it is written';
neither is it found in the Gospels (2).
Neither is it (3) because it is clearly a pre-existing law.
Therefore by a process of elimination it must be (4) The Jewish Oral Law (the laws of the Pharisees)

This is confirmed by the phrase: 'As also SAYS the Law.' - a reference to the ORAL law rather than the WRITTEN law (scripture).
(see also Matt 5:21,27,31, 33,38,43)

Also, we know this because it agrees completely with the Talmud and applies to Orthodox synagogues today. The service is for men only. Women are discouraged from even learning, but are sometimes allowed to watch from the gallery, for their place is at home not with things too high for them! And it would be shameful for them to speak in a meeting.

TALMUDIC QUOTES illustrate this:
A Jewish Prayer:'Praise God He hasn't created me a gentile, a woman or an ignorant man.'
'The woman, says the law, is in all things inferior to the man.'
Only men could speak in public (Beraktoth 4,36; Mishnah Aboth 1,5)
No woman could give a testimony or conduct business. (Mishnah Shabbath 4,1)

Women were viewed with disregard and repression, and the Talmud contains many distasteful insults of women's character. They were to be avoided. They were not required to know or fulfil the law and so few were learned.

One said: 'May the words of the Torah be burned rather than be given to women.'
In public worship they were segregated and silenced and so had to ask questions of their husbands at home.

Clearly the writer of 1 Cor 14:34,35 reflected this Pharisaical attitude to women and used this Jewish Law to support his views.

So why would Paul say something that stands in contradiction to the immediate context and the rest of the New Testament? Why would he establish this teaching on Jewish Laws that elsewhere, both he and Jesus rejected?

The simple answer is these verses are not Paul's teaching!
Paul's letters are written in response church situations. 1 Corinthians is the most responsive of them all. Paul had received reports about what was going on (1:11, 5:1, 6:1,8 ), and the church had sent a letter to Paul with many questions (7:1,8,10,12,25; 8:1,4; 12:1; 16:1). There was disunity (1:10-12,3:3). In particular there were 2 groups of people saved from different backgrounds disputing -Jews who tended toward legalism, and Greeks who tended toward license. Paul goes through the issues and questions raised one by one.

Examples of when Paul is clearly responding to what one group has said are 6:15-20 (Greeks); 9:1-11; 11:1-16 (Jews) and 15:12,35,36.

Sometimes he refers what they are saying and then he answers them -e.g.1 Cor 4:8: 'You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us.' (this is what some of them had claimed) --'and indeed I wish you did reign, that we might also reign with you.' (Paul's answer - see also 4:10)

Sometimes he even quotes what they say and then answers them. The problem is that there are no punctuation or quote marks in the Greek and the translators often miss them out.

Some examples of this, are when he responds to the 'loose' Greeks as in 6:12,13:
(You say) 'All things are lawful for me.'
(I Paul) say: 'but all things are not helpful.'
(You say) 'All things are lawful for me.'
(I Paul) say: 'but I will not be brought under the power of any.'
(You say) 'Food is for the stomach and the stomach for foods.'
(I Paul) say: 'but God will destroy both it and them.'
We see the same in 10:23,24.

In questions about idols Paul challenges those who pride themselves in their knowledge but who do not hold it in love. (8:1-3) 8:4: 'We know that -'an idol is nothing in the world and that there is but one God' (again he quotes their words (their knowledge) before he answers as confirmed in v10,11.

Other examples are when he responds to the 'legalistic Jews', 7:1:
'Now concerning what you wrote to me,
(some of you said) 'It is good for a man not to touch a woman.'
(But I Paul say) 'Nevertheless because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife...'

Now we can understand what is happening in 1 Cor 14:34,35.
Paul is quoting what some Jewish converts to Christ, had written in a letter to Paul, complaining about women being involved in church services. Although they were saved they were used to male-dominated synagogue - worship and so found the equality of women in church life hard to take.

They were saying
: 'Paul, these women are prophesying, praying out loud, speaking in tongues. The Oral law says it's shameful for a woman to speak in public. Tell them to shut-up!'

So as Paul is teaching on every member participating in church services, it is the natural place for him to deal with their objection. So he quotes what they say: 'Let your women keep silent in the churches, for it is not permitted for them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home, for it is shameful for women to speak in church' (v34,35)

Then he answers them: 'What, came the word of God out from you? or came it to you only? If any think himself a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things I write to you (not the Talmud) are the commandments of the Lord (the true authority) But if any (choose to be) be ignorant, let him be ignorant.' (v36-38) Paul replies by asserting his apostolic authority above the Talmud.

This also explains why these verses come out of the blue, interrupting the flow of thought, which is picked up again in v39,40: 'Therefore brethren,covet to prophesy and do not forbid to speak with tongues.'

The placement of v34,35 in the passage as a clear interruption and marked contrast to what Paul is teaching, serves to separate them from Paul's own views.

We conclude that Paul isn't silencing women, rather the opposite!

Those who are too quick to agree with v34,35 have unwittingly submitted to an unchristian pharisaical spirit

- /SNIPPET -

Bottom line, the Talmud is to the Bible, what the Hadith is to the Quran. Enough said smiley
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by MuttleyLaff: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2015
italo:
Another question for you ignorant hypocrites:

Did Jesus know the date and time that God wills for his return to earth?

*wrestle with that. smiley
SMH, whats to wrestle with in this puppy challenge
Have another try my friend, as I have touched on this subject of interest earlier before when commenting on a texanomaly post

Read and learn a new thing on the subject from the below excerpt

- EXCERPT -

"mansions", this is a very interesting one.
It actually has to do with a Jewish custom prevalent in just before, around and maybe a bit after Jesus' time,
I am not sure if the practice is still done in Israel or still now continued with present Jews
The groom is expected to prepare or build an extension in his father's estate,
the extension
(i.e. mansion) serves to accomodate the intended bride.

The wedding does not take place until when the groom's father is satisfied with the progress
and work done by the groom in preparing the extension or building the "mansion"

I completely agree with all you wrote there except for the "hell" choice of word and "I have never believed in only Heaven or Hell" intro.
There is Heaven and there is Sheol, Hell is a Greek concept, never a Jewish one.
We can thank the translator for adopting the word Hell/Hades instead of sticking to the original and authentic Sheol word

Read MORE or the get the ENTIRE thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/2349278/refuse-believe-only-christians-saved/2#35235814

- /EXCERPT -

Dont just be discriminately grabbing or gorging Bible,
try get familiar with Jewish idioms, Jewish customs & practices,
try to understand Jewish/Aramaic saying from a Jewish backdrop or viewpoint etcetera,
as all these, in a long and healthy way, help in digesting the word, without risk of throwing up smiley

God came as a Jew,
so it is understanding that Jesus will use
Jewish idioms, Jewish customs & practices, Jewish/Aramaic saying, parables etcetera
in His teachings when aiming to get the message sink home to His listening audience(s)

So my dear friend italo, as you've read from the first two paragraphs in the above excerpt,
just like the Jewish son
, until when the Jewish father approves the building of the extension (i.e. mansion(s))
the Jewish son wouldnt know the ''fixed'' date of the wedding (i.e. when ''return to earth'')
same, God the Son, until when God the Father approves, wouldnt know the date and time that God wills for Him to return to earth
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2015
@ MuttleyLaff.. I can see your good work.

You are learning from your mentor. grin
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2015
michaelwestern:

Am sorry if i misunderstood your posts.

Does God want us to be rich or poor?

Clarify your position by answering the question above.

You see how the guy is falsely accusing me. cry
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by MuttleyLaff: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2015
Jeromejnr:
@ MuttleyLaff.. I can see your good work.

You are learning from your mentor. grin
... my dear sir, who and/or what is the name of the mentor?
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
... my dear sir, who and/or what is the name of the mentor?

I don't know, you know.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by MuttleyLaff: 10:20am On Aug 29, 2015
Jeromejnr:
I don't know, you know.
Why the cold shiver?
Man up, finish what you brought up or started. Who is the mentor I learned from?
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:25am On Aug 29, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Why the cold shiver?
Man up, finish what you brought up or started. Who is the mentor I learned from?

MuttleyLaff, you don come again. You too want to start your own. Leave me O. I was just greeting you.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by MuttleyLaff: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2015
Jeromejnr just say it, why the cold feet@
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by MuttleyLaff: 11:47am On Aug 29, 2015
Jeromejnr:
MuttleyLaff, you don come again. You too want to start your own. Leave me O. I was just greeting you.
Haba! Chief na so you want take style change gear on me.

Issorite. Seems you like starting something and not finish it. When asked about it, you then cry wolf

Na so dem dey greet for una end?
Just say what's on your mind, the truth who the mentor is and put the devil to shame.
It's not a hard thing to do.

Na so you run down my battery the other time, thank God I had in car charging facilities
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Haba! Chief na so you want take style change gear one.

Issorite. Seems you like starting something and not finish it. When asked about it, you then cry wolf

Na do dem dey greet for una end?
Just say what's on your mind, the truth who the mentor is and put the devil to shame.
It's not a hard thing to do.

Na so you run down my battery the other time, thank God I had in car charging facilities

Haha! you sure say ur battery run down that time or u being no fit answer my question?
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by CaptainJune: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wow! Am flabbergasted. Clearly, a lot has happened between yesterday and today. Putting on my glasses to begin reading from where I stopped. shocked grin
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by CaptainJune: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Hahaha. Lawa o. You're so right when you said some peeps are not just meant to read the Bible on their own. The comment you quoted is a case in point.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by MuttleyLaff: 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Haha! you sure say ur battery run down that time or u being no fit answer my question?
Just tell jaare, who is or what is the mentor's name and let the devil be put to shame
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Jeromejnr(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
CaptainJune:
Wow! Am flabbergasted. Clearly, a lot has happened between yesterday and today. Putting on my glasses to begin reading from where I stopped. shocked grin

Lol! Characters full this place.
Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by mascottboy(m): 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
@op, jst leave dem, my pple perish due to lack of knowledge. Lazarus was poor on earth nd went to heaven poor. My fahter Abraham was rich nd wealthy on earth and also went to heaven. So is ur choice(everybody choice). U can choose to be poor(lazarus) or rich(Abraham) bt can still go heaven, i don tink is wrong. But i cant be poor. 3john2.

2 Likes

Re: Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
"Be sure that the book of law is always read in your worship. Study it day and night, make sure that you obey everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Joshua 1: 8

Jesus sure wasn't rich, but He definitely wasn't poor, as that wasn't why he came to the earth. He had rich believers ministering to his needs, and he provided just enough through supernatural means when necessary.

I believe they're three classes of believers:
(1) The missionaries; they might have a something they're good in, a trade, a vocation or very intelligent people with normal lifestyle called out to be in the field and go places where the other two classes of believers wouldn't normally go. I.e Jesus, Paul, Peter.

(2) The wealthy; this ones as their names implies are rich and most of the time the either fund the missionaries or are out there in the field themselves. I.e David, Lydia (acts 16:11-15), Zacheus, Simeon the Pharisee, Mary and Martha and so many other rich women in the bible like Tabitha, add bill gates if you will.They might not be able to speak in tongues or perform miracles like the missionaries, but indirectly they still do (I like to be classified here).

(3) The not-so-fortunate: this class isn't permanent for anyone found in it now, for as far as I know, they're there to be blessed by the first two groups and be brought out of that situation and in turn be blessed themselves, Jesus said so. I.e David, blind Bathemeus, Joseph, Me, add Pastor Adeboye if you please. If you think you're found on this category, understanding your place in Christ alone should bring you out from there.

Being wealthy/comfortable is a subtle sign that should follow as a believer in any of those category.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Ancient Israelites Were BANTUS - Video & Textual Evidence / Bizzare! Unclad Bath In ‘pool Of Bethesda WARNING: VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADV ’ / What Will Be Your Prayer Points If You Attend Ur Church's Cross-over Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.