Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra (8662 Views)

Igbo Group Holds Rally In Support Of President Buhari in Abuja (photos) / Despite Buhari's Threat, IPOB Holds Rally Today In Enugu / IPOB Holds Rally In Ireland - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by davinsonduru: 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2015
IN BIAFRA WE STAND

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by davinsonduru: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2015
NO FORCE can stop BIAFRA FREEDOM

1 Like

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Ndywin: 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
agarawu23:
if the federal govt order forces to go after them, like what happened earlier, they will blame buhari.

Nigeria is ONE
NO fvcking tribe can divide US.

My Broda, the earlier we awake from slumber the better. This is how Boko haram started until it grew into somtin else, anywhere unlike some illiterates religious bigots up north who now foolishly kills,rape & impregnant their own brothers n sisters in the name of Boko. These guys are far intelligent, all am saying is that the rite time to act is now,PMB shld use his constitutional power and stop these folks now... Like I said the earlier the berra

1 Like

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by kenny987(f): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ndywin:

My Broda, the earlier we awake from slumber the better. This is how Boko haram started until it grew into somtin else, anywhere unlike some illiterates religious bigots up north who now foolishly kills,rape & impregnant their own brothers n sisters in the name of Boko. These guys are far intelligent, all am saying is that the rite time to act is now,PMB shld use his constitutional power and stop these folks now... Like I said the earlier the berra

Exactly what are u stopping them for? Good thing u have acknowledged they are more intelligent and not interested in the destruction of life n property. The same questions I asked the person u quoted I will ask u:

Do u deny the right to self-determination of a people? Was this current union that constitutes Nigeria done with the consent of those involved? What justification is there to claim attempts at division? Has there ever been real and honest unity in Nigeria? Is it then a crime to decide to forge a new path different from what was foisted on a people? Just answer these questions honestly and objectively without sentiments.

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Eziachi: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
Yevgeny:

Why do they all look like riff raffs thou?

Because they are real people, when people like you had been saying it's only online thing.
It's on land now, suddenly you are worried about how they look. Lol

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by ibotic(f): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
yorubatic:
Now we can start agitating for a sophisticated and progressive Odu'a republic. ...if ibos are cowards, they won't be fighting for biafra all these years....

Mind you the rest of nigerians are cowards, not the ibos...it is the British who won the biafran war because British consider Nigeria their property....

Eastern nigeria is British property but biafra is not....Biafra is more or less considered an ibo man property, hence the British refusal to let go....

Nigeria as whole a is British property, and among these slaves of the British, it only the ibos who want freedom, just as it has always been during the slave trade...ibos are not slaves and can never be a slave. ...

I am agitating for my yorubas people to wake up and stop being slaves and O'yes to anything

How many yorubas are agitating for odua republic? How many Hausa / Fulani are agitating for arewastan? How many ijaw is agitating for ijaw republic? Then asked your dunce selves, how many ibos want to be a Nigeria? Dunces of the century

Join me and musiwa to agitate for our sophisticated and progressive Odu'a republic

I am ibo and from Nnewi.
I am ashamed of my people.
Nigerians should forgive us for our stupidity
We are just sorry because we are jealous of Yorubas
We wish we had an origin, history and culture like them.
We must be less cowardly and brave like Yorubas who plan better.
I say no to Biafra and I know we need Nigeria more than you need us.
Please just allow us to be shouting Biafra of the Internet because we are jobless.
Nairaland is all we have and even that is owned by a Yoruba man who is nice.
We must stop Okija, ritual killings, Osu issue, fraud, fake spare-parts etc
We know without you we cannot survive that is why we run to your land
Our shame and hopelessness in the face of your superiority is terrible.
Even Ijaws are now our bosses and we have been reduced to goats.
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by EastLebanon(m): 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
agarawu23:
if the federal govt order forces to go after them, like what happened earlier, they will blame buhari.

Nigeria is ONE

how can you be with a people you promise to drown in the lagoon?.
How can you be one with a people you promised to give 5% of dividends of democracy?.
How can you be one with a people you threatened to secede and be butchered?
Mr man stop deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 27, 2015
glassjar1:

I swear I furcking hate you and your tribe .

you are looking for my mouth ,If open my mouth .

you guys can post all kind terrible things against Biafra but once some answer your question ,you go deleting rampage

I hate your tribe with passion , I hate your tribe with impunity I swear stay clear off you will get poisoned . cool I dey vex

Go and take ur pills you son of a cheap biatch!
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Decibel: 5:55am On Aug 27, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Old cross-dressing Bayo, You forgot to say "Biafradias de la Biafraudii" grin
You know that transgendered entity very well. A zoogerian version of Jennier Cartilyn grin
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 27, 2015
BIAFRA SHALL BE FREE!
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
Eziachi:
Because they are real people, when people like you had been saying it's only online thing.
It's on land now, suddenly you are worried about how they look. Lol

I never complained or campaigned against Biafra. In fact i want Igbos/ss to have their own country. No big deal

I was only making an observation. Drug trafficking and fake drugs will drastically reduce should biafra be actualized. Thats a good thing for the rest of us.

Long Live Biafra!

1 Like

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
Gradually....., gradually......, gradually.......
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
Yevgeny:

I never complained or campaigned against Biafra. In fact i want Igbos/ss to have their own country. No big deal

I was only making an observation. Drug trafficking and fake drugs will drastically reduce should biafra be actualized. Thats a good thing for the rest of us.

Long Live Biafra!
then hunger will kill your bribe taking brothers @ MMIA.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by legendsilver(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
all I see is another Libya forming to cause their own downfall.
It is crystal clear that igbos will use their hand to kill themselves by themselves. mark my word.

He that forgets the story and history of his ancestors
will know and see why they never lived to tell the story on how starvation and hunger killed their generation.

O. Azornim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by EasternLionn: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
legendsilver:
all I see is another Libya forming to cause their own downfall.
It is crystal clear that igbos will use their hand to kill themselves by themselves. mark my word.

He that forgets the story and history of his ancestors
will know and see why they never lived to tell the story on how starvation and hunger killed their generation.

O. Azornim.

You are a fool.
Slave.
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by legendsilver(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
EasternLionn:

You are a fool. Slave.
tongue
EasternLionn:

You are a fool. Slave.
tongue
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by drey076(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jobless people They should actualize biafra so dat cocaine business can be legalise
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by laudate: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ndywin:

Biko, why do you want to stop them? Let them go. The sooner, the better sef! Let them go, so we can know those who are left and ready to take Nigeria forward. Enough of their insults and tribalistic chants! See what I told one of them, the other day:

Hehehe .... see how you are frothing at the mouth, simply because the folly of your pro-Biafra group has been pointed out. cheesy grin

Actually, you are the hypocrite here because you have refused to help your brothers think through, on how their assets will be safeguarded in Nigeria, or even repatriated safely in the event that your secession takes place. undecided

You want them to lose their hard work and sweat simply because of your juvenile chants?? You cannot have your cake, and eat it, o! shocked

Nobody wants to steal anybody's assets. It is you on the other hand, that wants them to lose all they have invested in Nigeria. That is why they have been advised to take everything they own (including land, buildings, shops etc) along with them when they are leaving. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Are they going to leave their buildings behind? Who would watch over them? The same Nigerians that you hate??!! shocked

Haba! grin
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
agarawu23:

Nigeria is ONE

in the olden days Amadioha would have done the needful.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
janus05:
then hunger will kill your bribe taking brothers @ MMIA.

Let us worry about that. So when are u declaring your Drug republic?

What are you waiting for?
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by laudate: 2:53am On Sep 13, 2015
NDIGBO, OJUKWU & BIAFRA: WHERE DID WE GO WRONG (PART II)
by Osita H. Olisa | Nigeriaworld.com

Who is Ikemba of Nnewi, Dim, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, People's General, Eze Gburu-gburu Ndigbo?

.... Before the events leading to the declaration of Republic of Biafra, there were certain presuppositions, which were construed as indisputable facts, through scorch-earth propaganda bombardment. Like perceptions, they gained currency and acquired weight amongst Ndigbo with power of categorical imperative....

..Psychology and wellbeing of Ndigbo, at this juncture, were reprogrammed with poisonous propaganda, which entered into collective consciousness of Ndigbo, and were one-dimensionally formatted, for strategies of fight or flight response system...

...Proposals for a comprehensive, peaceful conflict resolutions and reconciliation by well-meaning individuals and organizations, were promptly rejected by our intransigent leader for selfish reasons. All doable and practical entreaties and overtures by peace-loving people all over the world to avert catastrophic war, were dismissed with speed of light by Ojukwu for reasons best known to him....

...Here are some of the antics employed to kill any peaceful negotiations:

During the Aburi conference of January 15 and 16, 1967 it was agreed that civil servants of Eastern Nigerian who fled from the North would continue to receive their salaries till March 31st, 1967 the end of financial year, provided that they did not hold any other paying jobs. The Federal Government of Nigeria authorized the salary payments as per agreement. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, was it true or not?

On March 17, 1967 Decree No. 8 was promulgated to implement the Aburi agreements. The terms of your demands were virtually met under the Decree No 8.

The Supreme Commander of Nigerian Armed Forces was changed to read Commander-In-Chief consistent with your demand. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, was it true or not? Your request was granted and implemented.

To avoid putting the executive power of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in one man's hand, that was Col. Yakubu Gowon, you suggested that that such power be vested in the hands of governing body, which was, Supreme Military Council. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, was it true or not? Your request was granted and implemented.

To make your request foolproof and watertight, the newly created Supreme Military Council cannot make laws that had far reaching greater national security impact without the approval of all the four regional governors. The power of executive authority of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was now vested in the Supreme Military Council. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra was it true or not? Your request was granted and implemented.

Ojukwu's Objections And Disagreements With Decree No. 8 Are The following:

Decree No. 8 upheld the part of Constitution that stated in part and l quote, "no region could exercise authority in a manner that placed the corporate integrity of the federal government in jeopardy". Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, what exactly did you actually find objectionable with this provision of the law? As a historian, do you know any country in this globe that would do or act otherwise contrary to, with or without Decree 8? Was it not your attempt to subvert and torpedo any peaceful resolutions that was offered, and to pave way for your life-long burning desire of becoming head of state, even if it was in hell.

Decree No. 8 stated under what conditions such state of emergency could be declared all over Nigeria or any part of Nigeria by the Supreme Military Council. Decree No. 8 stated that before such state of emergency would be invoked, three out of four regional state governments must be in agreement. That is 75% of the governing body. This is what our most revered "Timber and Caliber" late Dr. K. O. Mbadiwe called "accord con-cordial". Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, what exactly did you actually find objectionable with this provision of the law? Was it not your attempt to subvert and torpedo any peaceful resolution to the then impending cataclysm.

Decree No. 8 also stated that when an emergency is declared, the federal government has the sole authority to suspend or overrule any laws and regulation previously passed by the said regional government. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra Republic, what exactly did you actually find objectionable with this provision of the law? Was it not your attempt to subvert and torpedo any peaceful resolution of the crisis.

Your argument against that section of Decree No 8 were the followings:

That as the Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria you have the sole authority to maintain safety and security of indigenes of Eastern Nigeria. That to deny you such power under the state emergency was a contradiction of the terms and agreement of Aburi accord. In all humility, the most erudite.. in Igboland, Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra Republic, where in the Aburi accord was the state of emergency discussed? Additionally, the secretary to the Eastern Nigerian Regional Government, AN Akpan, did not share your views and he completely disagreed with you. At the time all your senior eastern army officers disagreed with you. Was it the reason why they were not informed and consulted prior to declaring secession?

"Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, how did this Decree negatively impact Ndigbo, as you have always purported that you were protecting or fighting for their interests? The only person this Decree would have impacted should there be violations was Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo. How? You could be removed, retired or transferred which will abort your craving for becoming "Your Excellency The Maximum Ruler of Biafra".

How enervating, debilitating, nauseating for any objective Ndigbo man or woman to know that the reason why our people were slaughtered and maimed during war was to protect, the job of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. In Igbo aphorism, it is said, "okuku eri eri, oborsa aborsa" translated to mean - either l have it or no one else will have it.

Read the rest here:
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2003/aug/253.html

I hope the proponents of the new Biafra will learn from the mistakes made by their forbears in the old Biafra, so that they will NOT make the same errors, this second time around. Choosing the right leader is just as important as deciding when to secede, how to secede and what parts will secede. shocked sad

Good luck. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust / IPOB Lists 6 States That Will Join ‘new Republic’ / New Rivers APC Chairman, Ojukaye Has Violent Tendencies – PDP Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.