Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari (1210 Views)

Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal / National Identity Card To Complement Voters Card-buhari / APC Report Card: Buhari In His First 30 Days! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by tessylove2(f): 4:00am On Aug 26, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said the national identity card will compliment the permanent voter’s card in future elections in the country.
Buhari made the remark after he was registered for his national identity card by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. According to him, the project will go a long way to confirm Nigeria’s population.

Buhari said:

I think this exercise is very important to confirm our population and those who are entitled to vote, that is those who are 18 years and above. It will complement the permanent voters’ card. So for those who want their votes to count from whichever party or constituency, they should ensure that they and their families are properly captured.
The Director General of NIMC, Chris Onyemenam, said the exercise is not a one off thing and has no time limit.
It is a continuous exercise. So every enrollment centre that we have established remain open forever, they are like banks’ branches. We are taking deliberate steps to ensure that enrollment centres are opened in each local government. In collaboration with MDAs, we are now extending it to universities. It will also be extended to primary schools and hospitals.
With the cooperation we expect from INEC, we are meeting INEC today, it will be extended even further.
Because of the records of births and deaths that are the primary responsibility of the Nigerian Population Commission, it will even become wider because there are more centres for the registration of births and deaths.
Once a centre is established, it remains there and people can go there and enroll at their convenient time. They will do the pre-enrollment first before going to any centre for the biometric data capture.

http://www.tessyonyia.com/2015/08/national-id-card-to-compliment-voters.html

Re: National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by chocolateme(f): 4:00am On Aug 26, 2015
Nice move sir..
I hope thhe authorities at the way INEC office will not find their way around this when the time comes because even with the electronic system recently used was also maniputed.
Re: National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by Chigold101(m): 4:09am On Aug 26, 2015
National Identity Card to compliment voters card...

Nothing person no go hear from baba buhari.

Soon driver's licence will be used as travel document...

1 Like

Re: National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:43am On Aug 26, 2015
Chigold101:
National Identity Card to compliment voters card...

Nothing person no go hear from baba buhari.

Soon driver's licence will be used as travel document...
That's actually how things are done in sane countries. Govt I.D cards can be used to vote or travel within the country.

You need to step out of your hamlet more.
Re: National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by Chigold101(m): 5:00am On Aug 26, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
That's actually how things are done in sane countries. Govt I.D cards can be used to vote or travel within the country.

You need to step out of your hamlet more.
mumu like you... See you that's talking about hamlet... Do you need document to travel within your own country? It is only aliens that need their document at all time so that they don't get into trouble with immigration officers...

I hate to see or hear back water guys like you claim front burner.

If we would use our National I D card as a voters card, why do we have to have a voter card that has its own reader? Can the voters card reader also read and recognise national I D cards?

You better close your mouth and follow politics as the novice you are.

Na Last warning be this

1 Like

Re: National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by tunde1200(m): 5:45am On Aug 26, 2015
Nice move from my presido!.

Haters can go and die or huge electric pole/transformer.
Re: National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by omowolewa: 6:58am On Aug 26, 2015
Okay
Re: National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by Austin4lif: 7:03am On Aug 26, 2015
K
Re: National ID Card To Compliment Voter’s Card – Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 7:09am On Aug 26, 2015
Lolz..........promise upon promise

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Resurrect Biafra, Group Warns / Pictured: Africa's Richest Woman Folorunsho Alakija Visits Lagos Slum / The Countries Most Concerned About ISIS (see Where Nigeria Falls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.