Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? (17219 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by olaak1(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2006
If  you are too fat and you wat to slim down what kind of food do you eat and what type do you keep away from?
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by Coco29(f): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2006
sugar-replace it with fruit sugar which does not raise the blood sugar level or honey is good.

only use olive oil or sunflower oil

Maggi cubes and such thing out they go

bread especially white is a no no do not eat white bread ever, whole wheath is acceptable but not to much

replace cows milk with soya

drink water all day every day it fulls you up hydrates and detox the body

exercise yeah walking is good to star

now these are the food that keep black people fat and unhealthy

potatoes
yams
rice
pounded yam
fufu
coconut milk
palm oil
fizzy drinks like pepsi-coke
butter
tomatoes are very bad for black skin

losing weight is not an over night thing and in order for you to stay slim you must change the way you eat for ever.

half of you plait should be veg, eat lots of fruits but remember 1 apple has the same amount of calories as a bar of chocolate.

ps it is also very easy for a man to loose weight.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by LanreDaMan(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2006
Do not eat anything after 6 pm (Except water)

Eat more of fruits and vegetables

drink lots of water

Gradually reduce your food

Dont eat in btw meals (except biscuits)

avoid the escalators and elevators take the stairs

Avoid the cars and bikes take a stroll in the evening

and if you are married plss have lots and lots of you know what
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by okwanuzo3(f): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2006
swap meat in your food for fish,
avoid fried foods
avoid whole milk (evaporated, condensed), stick with skimmed milk
when you eat chiken, remove the skin-- chicken skin stores too much fat
increase your speed when you take walks
reduce your portions
quit sausages, spreads, butter (swap for light margarine)

be more active.
i tried these and i've lost almost 8 kilos
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by EmemJU(f): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2006
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Stay off booze.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by EmemJU(f): 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2006
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by EmemJU(f): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2006
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by naijadiva2(f): 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2006
or if you want the easy, stop eating and also exercise a lot.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by nt4dmasses(m): 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2006
If you hate exercise then take a long stroll or buy a bike and reduce ur intake of oily foods.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2007
eat exactly 2,000 calorie per day and most of them should come from fruits, whole grain and vegetable. make sure you eat the 40 classes of nutrient. don't eat one in excess and reduce the intake of one, eat variety of food and drink in moderation
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by damsol(f): 12:09am On Apr 02, 2007
ill say do not exceed 2,000 calories a day but if u wan to slim down,u can take between 1,500 calories to 1,800 calorie.
plese if u really want to keep losing the weight and do not want to gain it back,do not exceed losing 2 pounds a week.its a slow process.and as mubowa said,eat more whole grains,wheat bread instead of white,skimmed milk instead of whole milk.avoid trans or saturated fats.avoid foods high in colesterols.a food labe can say 0tran fat but if it says hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated,it means trans fat.avoid too much sodium.take in more dietary fibers and ill advice do not join any weight watcher club that says loose 50 pounds in 2 weeks cos u re going to gain times tow of ur normal weight back and to not forget to be active .excercise for at least 30mins a day for 3 days in a week.it is not necessary u go to the gym,u can take a walk down the street or walk around ur nabourhood or just decide to clean ur house.stand up to change the tv channel ,instead of using the remote.when ur shows go on commercials,get up and stretch urself.eat a lot of fruits and vegies.drink a lot of water instead of sodas and u can take 100%fruit juice for ur calcium and witamins.take in 3 cups of milk a day if u can not meet recomendation for calcium and vitamins.when i think of something els,i would halla at u.take care.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by BRMJANE(f): 12:12am On Apr 06, 2007
drink aloe vera juice
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by spoilt(f): 3:31am On Apr 06, 2007
avoid starch! they often say avoid anything white. bread, rice,cassava,garri, fufu etc.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2007
eat lots of fruits especially fruits like pinepple, pawpaw, they are very filling and when eating food avoid large portions no matter how nice the food is. and above all, excercise, excercise and more excercise,
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:48am On Apr 10, 2007
she can only eat less of starch if she is consuming too much of carbohydrate if not, she may be at the risk of osteoporosis.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by eeman(f): 2:37pm On May 03, 2007
obviously lossing weight in nigeria means not eating at all. Cos how can i keep away from rice, bread, amala, sugar,etc.
what are the alternatives that are easily available in naija cos sincerly, it aint easy undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by eeman(f): 2:38pm On May 03, 2007
how do i calculate the calories?
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by chiogo(f): 4:13am On May 05, 2007
Drink more water/juice, less soda and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Less fried meats/foods, try boiling/baking them. Avoid eating late at night. Finally, exercise as regularly as you can.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by DoMH: 8:19pm On May 10, 2007
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by dinnerm(f): 9:23pm On May 10, 2007
keep away from fried foods or fatty foods
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by damsol(f): 3:41am On May 27, 2007
eeman:

how do i calculate the calories?
u can calculate ur calories on mypyramid.gov.
eeman:

obviously lossing weight in nigeria means not eating at all. Cos how can i keep away from rice, bread, amala, sugar,etc.
what are the alternatives that are easily available in naija because sincerly, it aint easy undecided undecided undecided undecided
there is beans,egg(avoid the yolk eat egg white),veggies,salad(not the one mixed with egg,bakebeans and so on),fruits and no one says u shouldnt eat carbohydrates by u have to eate a moderate amount as u know too much of everything is bad and deficiencies can also occur so dont avoid anyy food,instead eat in moderate amounts.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by tonyobj(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2007
Nobody's ever died of starvation. So I suggest you Starve
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2007
lol you bad ohh see advice wey you fit give
@topic
to add to what most people have said, reducing is not the issue its to maintain it, so i suggest a lot of exercises to back it up.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by ijelendu(f): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2010
heart break will go a long way,don't mind me . just mind what you put in your mouth,and run away from fast food center also if you have been eating full meal cut it to half. exercises will also help.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2010
please don't forget to add Garlic to all they have prescribe, you may hate the smell, but it's really inevitable for you.
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by iaabc(f): 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
@poster, counting calories will be most difficult as with many eating suggestions that have been laid out here albeit good-intentioned. Why? like you rightly said, what will you eat if you can;t eat amala, eba etc. Also I doubt that pyramid.gov can tell you the number of calories in edikaikong and fufu grin So my suggestion is portion control and exercise. you can join me in the drop dress sizes challenge on
Re: I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? by Nelson6(m): 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
starve urself

(1) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Samosa / How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video / How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.