Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video (17251 Views)

How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) / Delicious Ekpang Nkukwo ( Calabar wateryam Porridge) / Ekpang Nkukwo Recipe: How To Prepare Popular Calabar Ekpang Nkukwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
Ekpang Nkukwo also known as cocoyam & water yam porridge is a popular dish in the south south region of Nigeria and is also common in some parts of Cameroon. It is a healthy and nutritious meal.

Please see below for details on how it is made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcvPqWPFWkc

INGREDIENTS
Water Yam
Cocoyam
Periwinkles
Dried Fish
Dried Prawns
Scent Leaves
Ugu Leaves
Blended Fresh Pepper
Red Oil
Seasoning
Onions
Crayfish
Hot Water

I encourage you to try the recipe, you will enjoy it.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
More pictures.

lalasticlala, Mvena, Mariangeles smiley

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
Delicious

9 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Mariangeles(f): 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
The process of preparation is what makes this dish special.
Well done.

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mariangeles:
The process of preparation is what makes this dish special.
Well done.
Its indeed a special dish..Thanks very much smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
Juliet751:
Delicious
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Mvena(f): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
DiomaKitchen:
More pictures.

lalasticlala, Mvena, Mariangeles smiley
Wow.. Me to the food::

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mvena:

Wow.. Me to the food::

Thanks! Always a joy to see your memes smiley

7 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Mvena(f): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
DiomaKitchen:

Thanks! Always a joy to see your memes smiley
Always a joy to see your meals too

7 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by DiomaKitchen: 8:52am On Jul 18, 2022
Mvena:

Always a joy to see your meals too

Yet another meme grin.

Thanks and good morning. Do have a fruitful day!

7 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Mvena(f): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2022
DiomaKitchen:

Yet another meme grin.

Thanks and good morning. Do have a fruitful day!
You too wink grin
Have a wonderful and productive week
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Kingpele(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
Okooo is good for people to know how to prepare meals men as well should learn how to cook,one can't afford to be too lazy to know how to prepare meals and only know how to eat food..but if u marry a good cook ,dear u are really blessed ..but after seeing this ,I think I will head straight to my wife kitchen to see what is going on there

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Mandesz(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
Igbo people has the best food in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Chijeep(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
This one that NL are moving better food for Front page these days he be like say Lala dey sleep abi he don repent from snake meals.
WELL, THANK GOD OOO...
OBIDATT ISSA GOAL...I can see the sign
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by jojothaiv(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
And guy man still dey trenches..
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Juanmike(m): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
It's not watery yam, it's called water yam, at first, I read watery sperm.
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by sonnie10: 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
That is Ekpang nkwukwo. The most delicious food on earth. Trust me on this!

The pumpkin leave is a modern invention. The original recipe is with tender sprouts of coco yam leaves carefully shredded out without its tiny stems

9 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by ClassicMan202(m): 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
This cocoyam wey dey itch like wetin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Agentsalt: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
Brings back memories.....
AKS is really blessed with different varieties.

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by VeryWickedMan: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
I have offered better-looking sacrifices than this to the gods

Rubbish

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Agentsalt: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
sonnie10:
No loud am abeg,make cocoyam and wateryam no come they expensive.
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by AkuOlisa: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is oppression.
Efcc should investigate all the people that are posting all this intimidating foods in this forum....

Someone can not be hungry in peace again in this forum.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Deicide: 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
Kingpele:
Okooo is good for people to know how to prepare meals men as well should learn how to cook,one can't afford to be too lazy to know how to prepare meals and only know how to eat food..but if u marry a good cook ,dear u are really blessed ..but after seeing this ,I think I will head straight to my wife kitchen to see what is going on there
No be if food day person go wan prepare am?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by sonnie10: 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
Agentsalt:
No loud am abeg,make cocoyam and wateryam no come they expensive.

My best kept secret since 1979. They can have it now but I won’t tell them that the bottom pot, a little burnt is the best part.
One other secret I won’t revile is that the fish must be Bonga fish and you must have periwinkle with shell in it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Rahkman: 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2022
sometimes food no dey give man joy but canadian loud the feeling is different
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by powerhouse3(m): 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
sonnie10:

The pumpkin leave is a modern invention. The original recipe is with tender sprouts of coco yam leaves carefully shredded out without its tiny stems
..you know true true....the tender one and it's must not be asem eka own....you must be able to differentiate the type of coco sprout to use

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Gatekeepers: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2022
But the picture in the plate looks like early morning poopoo
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
Read this link to see that mods here cover evil and promote immorality, ethnicity and bigotry. Tell me why such thread has not been taken to the front page despite all the mentions?

https://www.nairaland.com/6746136/food-concepts-chicken-republic-wants#105682360
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Itoro350(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mandesz:
Igbo people has the best food in Nigeria.
IS LIKE YOU DON'T GO TO AKWA IBOM BEFORE.
Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Elanqy: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
This food is one of the reasons why men from the tribe that own the food are very good in the other room. if you doubt me, then you can ask Aisha, Amaka and Tolu about Akpan

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video by Sunnyhillsfarms: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
You make me wanna go back to akwaibom...
I think I'd relocate back this year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cooking Jollof Rice With Only Tinned Tomatoes / Why Is Africa Foods Very Smelling? / Where To Buy Peppery, Tasty And Crunchy Kuli Kuli In Lagos State Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.