Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,350 members, 7,846,524 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. (449 Views)

FLASHBACK: Sanusi Doesn't Know How Oil Revenues Are Remitted - Andrew Yakubu / NIMASA Collected Revenue In Dollars, Remitted Naira – FG / Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014 – VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. by bugs1: 8:12am On Aug 26, 2015
Diaspora Nigerians remitted home about $20b last year, the Federal Government said yesterday.

Vice President Yemi Osinbanjo said the government will tap into the experience the Nigerians abroad to deepen the economy.

Those in the Diaspora will however wait for some time before they can start voting in elections.

Osinbajo, who represented President Muhammadu Buhari, spoke at the 2015 Diaspora Day held at the Old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The theme of the conference is: “Diaspora and Nigeria Change Agenda.”

The VP said legislation, huge finance, and confidence in the electoral system were required before diaspora voting can commence.

He said: “We are also aware of the importance of voting rights of Nigerians abroad. But to achieve this, the National Assembly will have to legislate. Diaspora voting is in Nigeria’s future.

“Because obviously there is a lot to be done including building confidence in the Nigerian electoral process. The skills and planning required in planning a number of national election in an atmosphere of continued suspicion of each party is a major challenge by itself.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/08/osinbajo-nigerians-abroad-remitted-20b-in-2014/
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. by Ephemmm: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2015
I am blessed with Your glory, dignity and honour
I am blessed with Your eternal cares and sufficiency

On this day which is my birthday, Lord please give me grace to excel and emerge from my miry clay and set my feet upon the Rock like Osinbajo

Front page is a good sign of a new beginning with unlimited grace to excel and rule: likes from you is a blessing, do not pass over it.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. by oloyedayo(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2015
ok
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. by holocron: 8:14am On Aug 26, 2015
$20 billion? Very hard to believe!
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. by dani3(m): 8:15am On Aug 26, 2015
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. by DaGC(m): 8:23am On Aug 26, 2015
$20b of public funds or private funds?

People sending money home to their families or spending on their businesses shouldn't be thought of as public funds.

We need more of their investments to further grow the economy.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerians Abroad Remitted $20b In 2014. by Imortal001: 8:25am On Aug 26, 2015
Wow!

(1) (Reply)

There’ll Be No Riots Over Subsidy Removal because 90% Of Nigerians Don’t Enjoy.. / Fire Guts Saraki's House / Photo: Kneeling, Prostrating Civil Servants Pleading With Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.