Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,206 members, 7,867,509 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

Oliseh Almost Fought Me Because Of Eagles Job- Peterside - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Almost Fought Me Because Of Eagles Job- Peterside (658 Views)

Carl Ikeme Offered Super Eagles Job / Paul Le Guen Rejects Super Eagles Job / Harry Redknapp Shuns Nigeria's Call For Super Eagles Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oliseh Almost Fought Me Because Of Eagles Job- Peterside by mans114: 11:47am On Aug 26, 2015
Oliseh almost fought me because of Eagles job- Peterside

By Mansur Abubakar @mansur_112

Former Super Eagles goalkeeper and Super Sports pundit Idah Peterside yesterday revealed how Nigeria’s new manager Sunday Oliseh almost engaged in fisticuffs with him after saying to his face that he was the leader of Eagles ‘mafia faction’ during his national team days.

The ex Maroka Swallows shot stopper said the pair met during an event in Johannesburg, South Africa few years ago where he wasted no time in bringing up the mafia issue to Oliseh who according to Peterside was visibly angry because he felt ‘rumours’ like that were stopping him from becoming Eagles’ manager.

“Sunny (Sunday) Oliseh almost fought me in south Africa .when I told him that he was the head of the mafia in the super eagles. He believed that rumor was stopping him from getting the eagles job, he believed he should have had, happy for him his got the job now and I pray he handles the national team, not like it was in his time where we had factions. This happened when he came to do a program in Johannesburg” Peterside wrote via his twitter handle yesterday.

Meanwhile, as part of the mouth-watering contract for Oliseh, a brand new Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 2015 Model Car was acquired as his official ride for his new role. The car was delivered yesterday at the Secretariat of the Nigerian Football Federation in Abuja.

It will be recalled that the former Borussia Dortmund midfielder last month signed a 3 year contract with the Glass House with an option of extension based on performance. The manager earns N5 million monthly which puts his annual pay at N60 million same as that of former Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi who was in charge until June 23rd after the Eagles against Chad AFCON game in Kaduna.
Re: Oliseh Almost Fought Me Because Of Eagles Job- Peterside by DeeMain(m): 2:09am On Aug 27, 2015
I hope Oliseh has outgrown his temper.

His playing days were sometimes punctuated with temper leaks on and off the field.

Just saying.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Things We Learned From Swansea 2-1 Manchester United / Theo Walcott Is The Fastest Player On FIFA 2015, A Nigerian Made Top 20 / Hate Or Like Me But I Just Hate Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.