Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,095 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? (1355 Views)

Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Will God Burn Man His Creature In Hell Fire? / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by dorox10: 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
A friend of mine has been owing me the sum of #5000 for the past three months and each time I approach him for the money, he will complain that he hasn't been paid and that he has been having very difficult time to even feed. Iam just a student but this my friend works with the school authority and earns over #60,000 per month. I really need the money because I've been feeding from hand to mouth due to financial constraint here in school.
On sunday, I sat close to the choir during service and when it was offering time, my friend unconciously handed me his tithe envelop to help him cast it into the offering basket since he will be playing the drumset when the offering basket wil be going round. The envelop was thick and slightly open. Out of curiosity, I checked and saw #6000 inside it. I was angry and decided to remove my #5000 out of it and droped the remaining #1000 inside the offering basket for him.
But some persons have been saying God will purnish me for doing that.
What do you all think??

1 Like

Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by peterovanski(m): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hmm
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by kristonium(m): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2015
dorox10:
A friend of mine has been owing me the sum of #5000 for the past three months and each time I approach him for the money, he will complain that he hasn't been paid and that he has been having very difficult time to even feed. Iam just a student but this my friend works with the school authority and earns over #60,000 per month. I really need the money because I've been feeding from hand to mouth due to financial constraint here in school.
On sunday, I sat close to the choir during service and when it was offering time, my friend unconciously handed me his tithe envelop to help him cast it into the offering basket since he will be playing the drumset when the offering basket wil be going round. The envelop was thick and slightly open. Out of curiosity, I checked and saw #6000 inside it. I was angry and decided to remove my #5000 out of it and droped the remaining #1000 inside the offering basket for him.
What do you all think??
That was very wrong of u!
Why not remove your money and drop the envelope back to your friend instead of dropping it in the tithe basket!

3 Likes

Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by Cadamlk: 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ol boy,you Bleep sha.You forget since that money na tithe na God get am?I will advise you return the money and ask God for forgivenes.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by frank317: 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
And who says God does not work in a miraculous way. Finally God has used tithe to pay ur money.

Do not let him know u took the cash. Still pressure him to pay ur money.

I think God will punish him instead. Owing a poor u, yet has the mind to dash rich pastor more than the amount he owes u.

Religious people displaying wickedness since the death of Jesus.

Religion: where good men do bad and feel so so so right about it.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by raayah(f): 8:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
Fake.

But anyway, lets forget that.

What you did is stealing. Its unfortunate that your friend is not paying you back.

God will forgive because God always forgives.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by dorox10: 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
raayah:
Fake.

But anyway, lets forget that.

What you did is stealing. Its unfortunate that your friend is not paying you back.

God will forgive because God always forgives.
Fake? shocked
How do u mean?
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by TI1919(m): 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
Well I don't see any thing wrong in what you did, provided you tell your friend that you removed your 5k and drop the remaining 1k. Your friend is very wrong for owing you such money knowing fully well your condition and going to pay tithe with 6k. What kind of God is he serving

cool
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by dorox(m): 8:06am On Aug 27, 2015
Hello dorox10. For an instant I thought it was my post because of the similarity of our names. The op is quite interesting in that it helps to stimulate the mind in challenging preconceived notion of right and wrong.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by onweson(m): 9:31am On Aug 27, 2015
Please quietly return the 5k back to God and pester on your friend for your money. The tithe you seized was a holy money dedicated to the Lord.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 27, 2015
dorox10:
What do you all think??

Next time, take the money, then don't pressure him to pay you back. But don't tell him you've collected your money.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2015
onweson:
Please quietly return the 5k back to God and pester on your friend for your money. The tithe you seized was a holy money dedicated to the Lord.

Hahaha.... So God uses money too.. Issorite.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by tuns10: 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
I will advise that you tell him you removed the 5k he was owing you or else, what you did was stealing. Yes, he owed you but you took from the money he was supposed to pay as tithe.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by blueButtocks: 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
dorox:
Hello dorox10. For an instant I thought it was my post because of the similarity of our names. The op is quite interesting in that it helps to stimulate the mind in challenging preconceived notion of right and wrong.
Is the name dorox popular? What part of Nigeria are you from?
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by stevecantrell: 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
LOL
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by DrLazDevitan: 4:56am On Aug 28, 2015
dorox10:
What do you all think??

Never bother about the action.Every action done by causes of spitefulness is by account civil by consciousness,satisfy yourself and be the judge over others.

Stay on when and how to collect your right well lent money from him eventhough you had done away with his tithe.

Mercy for the merciful,and death for those on death-row!
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
son of belial
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by kevoh(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin

You did no wrong jare. If I were you, I would still ask for my 5k, making total money collected to be 10k. tongue

1 Like

Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by NnamdiN: 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
you wasted time, you would have put the whole thing in your pocket while he was still there...tell him you've taken your money back...if the guy do anyhow beat am well, if you no fit beat am, make a scene in church grin

1 Like

Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
onweson:
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 29, 2015
you stole from God, and there is a curse associated with it.

"SCARCITY"
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by keenn: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
Here is a broke student and here is a worker that honors his God but displeases those that once helped him.

The bible made it clear what is pertinent at some point...how the law/sabbath is meant for man and not vice versa..the following are examples;

David in the Bible entered the temples holiest of holy to eat out of the sacrament because him and his men were fagged-out and dying. Simple as it sound, david act is a paradigm of what represent abomination of the highest order

Jesus men entered a farm on sabbath day to pluck ears of corn (for they were hungry) which was unlawful...for no one is to harvest on sabbath day.

U should have taken your money and return the 1k back to him. Trust me, God(if he exist) will understand, he doesn't spend raw cash anyway.

To save ur guilt, return back the money into the offering box when u have the 5k(should incase uve spent it). U don't need to tell ur church pastor or ur friend what u did.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by vooks: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
dorox:
I thought my friend dorox had been exiled and he reincarnated as dorox10

Passing it on is dishonest of you and equivalent to stealing church money. Church security could hav pounced on you and exercised your foolishness right there. Money in an envelope in a church is certainly an offering.
If you really had to recover, you should have taken your cash and returned it to your buddy to notify him of what you did there and then
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by wordcat(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
dorox10:
I really need the money because I've been feeding from hand to mouth due to financial constraint here in school.

You're a child of God and who own the tithe? God who also happens to be ur father owns the tithe so that tithe from ur guy that's owing u is yours man and the N1k u return was your own tithe for the N6k.

Praise god somebody.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by koolJ1(f): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
Op you did well. This iss how people let their brothers die and rather give to an already wealthy pastor.

He's giving tithe, forgetting that whatever he did to you he did to God too.

Religion is just the African bondage because we have refused to think for ourselves.

P.s. You should have taken the last 1k as interest due
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
The tithe money is rightly for you and every needy in the church but the way you collected the money is ungodly.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by Weah96: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
onweson:

Tell the God to come pick up his own money and not send a human being. Or better yet, the OP can return the money back to God himself. No other human being should show his face.
Re: Will God Really Purnish Me For Doing This??? by finofaya: 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
God works in mysterious ways. Your friend has paid his tithe and you've gotten your money back. Perhaps God's reward to your friend for his tithe giving is the satisfaction of his debt to you. The tithe is meant to benefit humans anyway, not God.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Boy Helping Himself always be thankful to God / The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? / Fast-changing Killifish Swim Past Evolution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.