Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? (1308 Views)

I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by raphieMontella: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
In the Bible..Yahweh gave us some certain laws about Marriage and polygamy..
Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many
he can marry..

.In Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear
him sons.....

Isaiah 4:1 Seven Women shall take hold of One Man(this may not be literal but it does show yahweh had no shvt with polygamous views).

Yahweh himself ordained ''Wives'' for his servant(s)David
8 I gave you his kingdom and his wives; I made you king
over Israel and Judah. If this had not been enough,
I would have given you twice as much.-2 Samuel 12:8

Famous Polygamists in The Bible.
.In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David,,''A man after Yahweh's own heart'' had six wives and numerous concubines..

.In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines...

..In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines...

Gen 16:1,3 Gen 25:1 Abraham;Faithful friend of God and father of the Hebrew nation-3 Wives.

In Gen 29:23,28 Gen30:4,9 Jacob,;A prince of God ''Israel'' had four wives.

In Exodus 18:1-6 Numbers 12:1 Moses One who the few people who supposedly saw ''Yahweh's face and lived'' had 2 wives.

"There are a lot more verses from the Old Testament
that allow polygamy, but I think that the above are
sufficient enough to prove my point...Today christians strongly refuse the idea of polygamy and deem it a ''sin'' in the eyes of this same ''Yahweh'' who doesnt change..
So whats my point?
This makes it quite evident that marriage laws and customs in the bible are a reflection of societal morals at that time..not a ''God's law''..This is another proof that Morality Evolves and is not from this ''yahweh'' dude..
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by EpicMaurice(m): 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Simple grin the old testament 'doesn't apply anymore' (except when it comes to paying tithes)
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by raphieMontella: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Simple grin the old testament 'doesn't apply anymore' (except when it comes to paying tithes)
yes that tithe...its really precious
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by EyeHateGod: 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nice thread!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by hopefulLandlord: 12:44am On Sep 12, 2016
I'm already researching on polygamy in the bible and had planned to create a thread on it
nice thread BTW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by raphieMontella: 12:49am On Sep 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Nice thread!
Ty
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by raphieMontella: 12:50am On Sep 12, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
I'm already researching on polygamy in the bible and had planned to create a thread on it
nice thread BTW
polygamists in the bible are countless
ive noticed that one can find almost anything he wants in the bible
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
All your bible quotes are just out of context...

Anyway God never approved polygamy....if God approve it he would have created several women for adam the 1st man...

David married one wife but due to covetousness,he killed the husband of his second wife and slept with her. He was judged for it immediately..

Solomon married several wives of wich he did in his own accord.

Abraham married one wife but due to his impatience he went to sleep with another woman whom his wife offered him.

So please get your facts right.
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by raphieMontella: 7:27am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Anyway God never approved polygamy....if God approve it he would have created several women for adam the 1st man...

David married one wife but due to covetousness,he killed the husband of his second wife and slept with her. He was judged for it immediately..

Abraham married one wife but due to his impatience he went to sleep with another woman whom his wife offered him.

in other words...yahweh approves of incest..since he didnt create two men and two women..

1 Like

Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by tintingz(m): 8:05am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

And can you quote where God condemned his servants being polygamist in the bible?

David had many wives, eight were named.

And why did God overlooked it?

Don't forget Solomon was the wisest man in bible given to him by God.

So what should we call that?

You should be the one to get your facts right .

1 Like

Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by ColdHardTruth: 8:07am On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

in other words...yahweh approves of incest..since he didnt create two men and two women..

you killed him
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by ColdHardTruth: 8:07am On Sep 13, 2016
tintingz:
And can you quote where God condemned his servants being polygamist in the bible?

David had many wives, eight were named.

You should be the one to get your facts right .

you resurrected him and killed him again

1 Like

Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2016
tintingz:

David had many wives, only eight were named.

You should be the one to get your fact righ .

I already told you david was judged immediately." The sword will never depart from his household".

As for solomon he did not live long like his father did, and he repented at the end of his life.

Abrahams mistake is what is causing the worlds problem today.

God is no respecter of persons. He nowhere in the bible approved polygamy so please stop saying what you don't know. The cases of polygamy in the bible are choices made by man and not Gods plan for them.

If you have proof you can quote where God said someone can marry several wifes in the bible den I will take you serious have a nice day.
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 8:15am On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

Its just funny how you people surf the bible but not to gain from it but to look for faults of wich der are none.

Wen God created them he gave them the command "multiply and replenish the earth" that's how you and I came to be. And if you think otherwise how do you think man came into existence?
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by raphieMontella: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

I already told you david was judged immediately." The sword will never depart from his household".

As for solomon he did not live long like his father did, and he repented at the end of his life.

God is no respecter of persons. He nowhere in the bible approved polygamy so please stop saying what you don't know. The cases of polygamy in the bible are choices made by man and not Gods plan for them.

If you have proof you can quote where God said someone can marry several wifes in the bible den I will take you serious have a nice day.
did you even read the op at all?
Yahweh gave david ''wives''
gave guidelines on marrying more than one wife..
His best friends''moses et all'' were polygamists..
Wetinn again?

1 Like

Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by raphieMontella: 8:18am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Its just funny how you people surf the bible but not to gain from it but to look for faults of wich der are none.

Wen God created them he gave them the command "multiply and replenish the earth" that's how you and I came to be. And if you think otherwise how do you man came into existence?
i repeat what i said...
Since yahweh didnt create two men and two women...then he fully approves and advocates incest..
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 8:18am On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

did you even read the op at all?
Yahweh gave david ''wives''
gave guidelines on marrying more than one wife..
His best friends''moses et all'' were polygamists..
Wetinn again?

Can you kindly quote it in the bible wer God gave him wives...the bible recorded everything that happened without hiding a thing. So please quote the chapter and verse please.
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

i repeat what i said...
Since yahweh didnt create two men and two women...then he fully approves and advocates incest..

I already answered you. If you are interested in marrying ur sis or relative ders no problem. Are you happy now
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by raphieMontella: 8:31am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

I already answered you. If you are interested in marrying ur sis or relative ders no problem. Are you happy now
further buttressed my point..
Yahweh is not a source of morality..not even an inch..
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:
further buttressed my point.. Yahweh is not a source of morality..not even an inch..

If that's how you feel ok then. Have a nice day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by tintingz(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

God only judged him(David) because he killed a man to get to his wife, other men of God married multiple wives God didn't judge or condemned them.

Quote where God condemned Solomon for marring multiple wives, that's what I asked. God only told Solomon and Israelites not to intermarry(marrying from another nation.)

Abraham didn't make any mistake that's God's plan, Ishmael means "God listens", remember God even blessed Abraham and his sons.

God approved David to have multiple wives in (2 Samuel 12:8 ).

I quote:
If he takes an additional wife, he must not reduce the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife. (Exodus 21:10)

You're yet to show me where God condemned his polygamist servants in the bible.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
tintingz:
God only judged him(David) because he killed a man to get to his wife, other men of God married multiple wives God didn't judge or condemned them.

Quote where God condemned Solomon for marring multiple wives, that's what I asked. God only told Solomon and Israelites not to intermarry(marrying from another nation.)

Abraham didn't make any mistake that's God's plan, Ishmael means "God listens", remember God even blessed Abraham and his sons.

God approved David to have multiple wives in (2 Samuel 12:8 ).

I quote:
If he takes an additional wife, he must not reduce the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife. (Exodus 21:10)

You're yet to show me where God condemned his polygamist servants in the bible.

Go and read proverbs you will see Gods judgment on solomon....

In that exodus 21:10 the woman in question was not even a wife. It was a servant given to the man to pay off some debt. And here God is saying after the man have received the servant n betrothed her. Der is a certain year d servants are to use and allowed to go. If the man chose not to let her go but wants to marry another wife, he must give the woman some things and she must be treated right as stated in other verses of the so called chapter wich u did not include......

Note the woman was not a wife but a servant and belongs to the master.thank you
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by tintingz(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Go and read proverbs you will see Gods judgment on solomon....
Where in proverbs? undecided

In that exodus 21:10 the woman in question was not even a wife. It was a servant given to the man to pay off some debt. And here God is saying after the man have received the servant n betrothed her. Der is a certain year d servants are to use and allowed to go. If the man chose not to let her go but wants to marry another wife, he must give the woman some things and she must be treated right as stated in other verses of the so called chapter wich u did not include......

Note the woman was not a wife but a servant and belongs to the master.thank you
Marrying slaves as wives was a normal practice during that era, some bible version said take another woman, additional wife, slave wife.
And secondly it doesn't say certain year it says if the man can't provide food, cloth and marital right he should free her.
King James version: Exodus 21:10-11
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
tintingz:
Where in proverbs? undecided

Marrying slaves as wives was a normal practice during that era, some bible version said take another woman, additional wife, slave wife.
And secondly it doesn't say certain year it says if the man can't provide food, cloth and marital right he should free her.
King James version: Exodus 21:10-11
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.

Exodus 11 from verse 9
9 And the Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the Lord God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice, 10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the Lord commanded. 11 Wherefore the Lord said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant...
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by tintingz(m): 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Exodus 11 from verse 9
And the Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the Lord God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice, 10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the Lord commanded. 11 Wherefore the Lord said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant...
@bolded was the reason God was angry with Solomon.
Re: The Christian God(yahweh)supports Polygamy,,how Is This Moral? by adjoviomole(m): 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
tintingz:
@bolded was the reason God was angry with Solomon.

I was already expecting you to point that out tho......go tru the whole chapter and tell me those who turned his heart away from God. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Jones Jailed For Telling Members To Tithe 10% Of Their Income / Checkout Photos From Pastor Adeboye’s First Son, Adeolu 50th Birthday (photos) / 10 Richest Pastors In Nigirian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.