Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,737 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer (3087 Views)

2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer / Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / Product Designer - UI /UX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by DevFisayomi(m): 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2022
I am Oluwafisayomi Agboola, a 17 year old aspiring Frontend Developer / UI/UX Designer. I'm currently in ogbomoso, Oyo state.

Started learning frontend development January this year and I've been able to learn frontend languages such as HTML, CSS, bootstrap, JavaScript, React.js and I am currently learning Node.js for backend.
Checkout my portfolio website https://oluwafisayomi.netlify.app

Product Design
Started self learning UI/UX design last week and I've been able to successfully design and prototype a couple of projects which I am going to share with you some of the projects I've done in this thread. I am Skilled at progressive enhancement, design systems & UI Engineering. I like to craft solid and scalable frontend products with great user experiences and interface.
I design with Figma

My Projects ( Frontend development )
A small gallery of recent projects done by me. It's only a drop in the ocean compared to the entire list. interested to see some of the projects pushed to my github repository? Then Visit my GitHub page. https://github.com/Fisayo6969

I have over 30+ repositories which includes CSS and JavaScript Projects . Check my Starred repositories to see my all time favorite project wink

And I know y'all are probably wondering wy this is a new nairaland account, the thing is I've created two previous accounts and I can't remember either the password or username for both of them.

Ever since I started coding the PC I'm using has a faulty keyboard and I've been using the on-screen keyboard to type out codes and sentences and I'm guessing y'all know how stressful that is, that one of the reasons I'm Interested in the development spectrum and actively looking for an opportunity in the field of tech in order for me to build up my résumé and get a new PC , and I know some individuals would not want to risk being in partnership with a young boy with no experience,y'all should learn from what flutterwave did recently �

So If you are interested in making me a member of your team for a project or it may even be your personal project contact me on Twitter : https://twitter.com/999tweets_her or on WhatsApp: 09043074248

��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
DevFisayomi:
I am Oluwafisayomi Agboola, a 17 year old aspiring Frontend Developer / UI/UX Designer. I'm currently in ogbomoso, Oyo state.

Started learning frontend development January this year and I've been able to learn frontend languages such as HTML, CSS, bootstrap, JavaScript, React.js and I am currently learning Node.js for backend.
Checkout my portfolio website https://oluwafisayomi.netlify.app

Product Design
Started self learning UI/UX design last week and I've been able to successfully design and prototype a couple of projects which I am going to share with you some of the projects I've done in this thread. I am Skilled at progressive enhancement, design systems & UI Engineering. I like to craft solid and scalable frontend products with great user experiences and interface.
I design with Figma

My Projects ( Frontend development )
A small gallery of recent projects done by me. It's only a drop in the ocean compared to the entire list. interested to see some of the projects pushed to my github repository? Then Visit my GitHub page. https://github.com/Fisayo6969

I have over 30+ repositories which includes CSS and JavaScript Projects . Check my Starred repositories to see my all time favorite project wink

And I know y'all are probably wondering wy this is a new nairaland account, the thing is I've created two previous accounts and I can't remember either the password or username for both of them.

Ever since I started coding the PC I'm using has a faulty keyboard and I've been using the on-screen keyboard to type out codes and sentences and I'm guessing y'all know how stressful that is, that one of the reasons I'm Interested in the development spectrum and actively looking for an opportunity in the field of tech in order for me to build up my résumé and get a new PC , and I know some individuals would not want to risk being in partnership with a young boy with no experience,y'all should learn from what flutterwave did recently �

So If you are interested in making me a member of your team for a project or it may even be your personal project contact me on Twitter : https://twitter.com/@999tweets_her or on WhatsApp: 09043074248

��

And u call urself a frontend developer
Check the bolded.

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by DevFisayomi(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2022
fman:

Check the bolded.

Aspiring sir
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
DevFisayomi:

Aspiring sir
Why not dive into PHP for backend?
It's server side programming language.

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by after4: 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
What nonsense did you just type there, being a front end developer means he should remember everything, even password?

No dey put mouth for Wetin you no know

fman:

Check the bolded.

4 Likes

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
after4:
What nonsense did you just type there, being a front end developer means he should remember everything, even password?

No dey put mouth for Wetin you no know

Yankuri da-Allah.
No vex oga After4
Be a little bit smart in reasoning.
Always give in room for little details.
Can you as a programmer give an excuse to a prospective client that you forgot the login details of a project you built?
That is unprofessionalism...

3 Likes

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2022
Instead of learning frameworks and tools at your age I would focus more on computer science fundamentals. Dsa and systems design and go heavy on them. That's what your mates are doing in Asia, Europe and America. You have enough time on your hands to learn the basic frameworks and tools later on. Just my two cents. You can try linking up with some of your mates working at faang companies already guys like chidubem who represented Nigeria at the IOI and Micheal who's a 100 level student doing internship at Goldman Sachs while his mates are at home on strike. They focused more on fundamentals and not frameworks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by after4: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
Even senior developers still dey google html, a 17 yo that have achieved this have done well for himself

fman:

Yankuri da-Allah.
No vex oga After4

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
after4:
Even senior developers still dey google html, a 17 yo that have achieved this have done well for himself

Sir are you one of them?
Check the bolded.
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by after4: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
How I wish I started early to learn this things

tensazangetsu20:
Instead of learning frameworks and tools at your age I would focus more on computer science fundamentals. Dsa and systems design and go heavy on them. That's what your mates are doing in Asia, Europe and America. You have enough time on your hands to learn the basic frameworks and tools later on. Just my two cents. You can try linking up with some of your mates working at faang companies already guys like chidubem who represented Nigeria at the IOI and Micheal who's a 100 level student doing internship at Goldman Sachs while his mates are at home on strike. They focused more on fundamentals and not frameworks.
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by after4: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
I don't owe you anything, do I?

fman:

Sir are you one of them?
Check the bolded.
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2022
after4:
How I wish I started early to learn this things

You still have time...
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by after4: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
fman:

Yankuri da-Allah.
No vex oga After4
Can you as a programmer give an excuse to a prospective client that you forgot the login details of a project you built?

Still does not excuse your insensitive to the small boy. Any body can forget anything and heaven will not fall

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
after4:
I don't owe you anything, do I?

Sir, I should be asking you that!
Remember you mentioned me in the first place.
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by after4: 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2022
I mentioned you because you were insensitive to the boy, if not I would not have commented

fman:

Sir, I should be asking you that!
Remember you mentioned me in the first place.
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
after4:

Still does not excuse your insensitive to the small boy. Any body can forget anything and heaven will not fall

And lose a prospective job.
Programming is all about professionalism irrespective of Age.
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by after4: 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
See, being a developer in itself is a whole lot and forgetting password is not a crime neither does it make him less a developer. If a person forgets a password, you do a password recovery through your mail or you don't know that too?

fman:

And lose a prospective job.
Programming is all about professionalism irrespective of Age.
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2022
after4:
I mentioned you because you were insensitive to the boy, if not I would not have commented

Hardcore programmers don't romance words...
Cos we learn through the hard way.
Fvck insensitivity.
Sorry sir for my use of vulgar words

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
after4:
See, being a developer in itself is a whole lot and forgetting password is not a crime neither does it make him less a developer. If a person forgets a password, you do a password recovery through your mail or you don't know that too?

Tell that to a HACKER and he will tell you what it costs to retrieve it.
Sir, you need to be technical in reasoning.

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by fman(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
after4:

Now you realized the importance of logins
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by DevFisayomi(m): 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
fman:

Why not dive into PHP for backend?
It's server side programming language.
I would but I'm focused on node for now
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by DevFisayomi(m): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Thanks for the advice, I'll try to work on that
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by SavageBoy: 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Chief that's the goal now.

I've dropped front end thing I was learning. I'm currently learning Python since it's very much relevant in DSA. After which I'll immerse myself deeply in DSA, Leetcode, and Hackerrank for like 9 months-1 year. That was exactly the path a tech guy recommended on YouTube, and it makes a whole lot of sense.

I just pray this path will end up making sense for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by DevFisayomi(m): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2022
fman:

Yankuri da-Allah.
No vex oga After4

Don't get me wrong, I didn't forget the login details of an application built , I was talking about the login details of the previous nairaland account's I created

3 Likes

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
SavageBoy:

Chief that's the goal now.

I've dropped front end thing I was learning. I'm currently learning Python since it's very much relevant in DSA. After which I'll immerse myself deeply in DSA, Leetcode, and Hackerrank for like 9 months-1 year. That was exactly the path a tech guy recommended on YouTube, and it makes a whole lot of sense.

May the Lord help me.

Guy na just my job dey make me write normal code. If to say I no get job i go bath myself in DSA and systems design. I rather do that DSA for 2 3 years and get very good at it than normal code and get good at it. Even if e no go pay fast but my first job go buy me house for VI

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by SavageBoy: 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Guy na just my job dey make me write normal code. If to say I no get job i go bath myself in DSA and systems design. I rather do that DSA for 2 3 years and get very good at it than normal code and get good at it. Even if e no go pay fast but my first job go buy me house for VI

House for VI?gringrin

One guy who has recruited SWE for Google and Amazon did make serious emphasis on DSA. He said it's the key to getting into this companies most especially Google.

Another guy (a SWE for years) even said DSA is far more important than frameworks and technologies. He said different frameworks and web technologies will keep coming and going but DSA will remain forever.

These two comments were more than enough to convince me change my focus

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
SavageBoy:

House for VI?gringrin

One guy who has recruited SWE for Google and Amazon did make serious emphasis on DSA. He said it's the key to getting into this companies most especially Google.

Another guy (a SWE for years) even said DSA is far more important than frameworks and technologies. He said different frameworks and web technologies will keep coming and going but DSA will remain forever.

Guy you need to see the kind of soft lives these FAANG boys are living and they no get two heads o. Same guys like us o. The programming party I attended last year. These guys brought the latest landcruisers, Mercedes and BMWs. If you were earning one million a month which is less than 2k USD by black market exchange rate you no fit open mouth talk to anybody for that party walai. One guy I met there he works at quora but lives in lagos. Quora that pays their engineers over 200k USD annually.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by DevFisayomi(m): 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
SavageBoy:

House for VI?gringrin

What about React-native?
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by SavageBoy: 9:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
DevFisayomi:

What about React-native?

@tensazangetsu20
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by SavageBoy: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Guy you need to see the kind of soft lives these FAANG boys are living and they no get two heads o. Same guys like us o. The programming party I attended last year. These guys brought the latest landcruisers, Mercedes and BMWs. If you were earning one million a month which is less than 2k USD by black market exchange rate you no fit open mouth talk to anybody for that party walai. One guy I met there he works at quora but lives in lagos. Quora that pays their engineers over 200k USD annually.

Quora pays 200K shocked

Omoorrrr!!!

If person get that kind job Wetin he wan dey find for abroad again.

But do you think there are SWE here in Nigeria earning $1million+ ??
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by LikeAking: 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
Abeg make we here word.

Must every talk b about DSA and salary?

@tensazagastu20
Re: 17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
SavageBoy:

Quora pays 200K shocked

Omoorrrr!!!

If person get that kind job Wetin he wan dey find for abroad again.

But do you think there are SWE here in Nigeria earning $1million+ ??

E go hard o. Highest I have seen is 400k USD annually and the person dey nairaland. I no go mention am before beggers full him DM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group Chat For C# &/or C++ / Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland / Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.