Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies (35215 Views)

Ahmed Akorode: Man Who Set Himself Ablaze In Lagos Is Still Alive! (Video) / Photos Of Woman Who Set Her Husband & Herself Ablaze Weeks After Wedding / Landlord Set Tenant’s Three-year-old Son Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Islie: 4:34am On Aug 27, 2015
From this story that made FP where a landlord did set his tenant ablaze in Lagos
https://www.nairaland.com/2553570/landlord-sets-tenant-ablaze-lagos

Another twist has just developed with the said landlord who did this devilish act also giving up to the ghost.
For a better understanding of the incident you can click on the link up there and read the first story

The Lagos landlord, Sola Solomon, who allegedly set his tenant ablaze in the Idumota area of the state, has died.

PUNCH Metro learnt from a police source on Wednesday that the suspect died from the burns injuries he sustained while setting fire to the tenant, Abeeb Daraloye.

Our correspondent had reported on Tuesday that Abeeb and his landlord had a disagreement over the use of the compound toilet.

Later in the day, 67-year-old Solomon reportedly poured petrol on Abeeb and ignited a fire with a lighter.

While on fire, the suspect was alleged to have pushed the victim from the top floor of the three-storey building, killing him in the process.

Solomon was reportedly rushed to the Lagos Island General Hospital for his burns injuries, but was rejected before he was admitted at the Gbagada General Hospital.

A police source said on Wednesday that the suspect died at the hospital.

He said, “The landlord is also dead. He died at the hospital in the afternoon. So as it is, the case has been resolved.”

Residents on Iga Idunganran Street, Idumota, where the incident happened equally confirmed the death to PUNCH Metro.

“Yes, the man has finally died. He did not survive the injuries. His family members are around. Abeeb’s corpse is also at the Lagos Island General Hospital mortuary, and we don’t know why the police have yet to release it for burial,” a tenant, who asked not to be named, said.

She urged the government to come to the aid of Abeeb’s widow and her child.

Abeeb’s widow, Tope, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone, appealed for help, saying her husband’s death was a big blow to the family.

She explained that her husband was planning to travel overseas, and had promised to take her along with their child when he was killed.

Recalling the Monday incident, she said, “My husband had washed the toilet in the morning, when Baba (landlord) went to soil the place. My husband told him that it was not right for him to soil the toilet.

“Baba became angry and slapped my husband before carrying a plank which he smashed on his head. He said my husband had no right to talk to him that way since he (landlord) was the owner of the house.

“In the night, my husband had finished taking his bath and was cuddling our baby in the room when Baba knocked on our door. I told my husband not to answer the call, but he said there was no problem. He thought the man had come to reconcile with him.

“That was how Baba poured fuel on his face and lighted him up. As my husband held him, Baba pushed him down the two-storey house. The whole passage was also on fire before it was put out.”

Her mother, Sidikatu Lawal, said the only justice the family desired was care for Tope and her child.

“They got married just one year ago and their baby is still very young. The only justice that can be done now is the care for both mother and child,” she said.

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Patricia Amadin, had yet to respond to an enquiry on the update

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/lagos-landlord-who-set-tenant-ablaze-dies/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by darisgod(m): 4:51am On Aug 27, 2015
O GA o lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by AngryNigerian(m): 4:55am On Aug 27, 2015
...d spirit of d dead is fighting!!! next 1 na say im hous mysteriously razes down

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by HerexG(m): 5:01am On Aug 27, 2015
Always learn to be the master of your temper before it ruins you

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by sukkot: 7:16am On Aug 27, 2015
hmm. always look on the bright side. no more paying rent for the tenants ooweeeeee

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by veekid(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2015
justice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by accubobo1: 7:16am On Aug 27, 2015
nawa....
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Iddiot(m): 7:17am On Aug 27, 2015
Eyaa.... :PEyaa....

where is LadyF Again grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by QueenEdna(f): 7:17am On Aug 27, 2015
Good Riddance...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:17am On Aug 27, 2015
God help him if the tenant don get grounds that side, na im body go telam..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by eleojo23: 7:17am On Aug 27, 2015
PUNCH Metro learnt from a police
source on Wednesday that the
suspect died from the burns injuries
he sustained while setting fire to
the tenant, Abeeb Daraloye.

In other words, he killed himself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by justi4jesu(f): 7:18am On Aug 27, 2015
Good for him.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by DrayZee: 7:18am On Aug 27, 2015
Rest In Pieces, you demonic bastard

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Rowlandjude(m): 7:18am On Aug 27, 2015
Mr. Landlord send my regards to the devil
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Swagt101(m): 7:18am On Aug 27, 2015
PUNCH Metro learnt from a police source on Wednesday that the suspect died from the burns injuries he sustained while setting fire to the tenant, Abeeb Daraloye.
What goes around comes around... Karma is dam! cool

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by yousee(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Their fight go continue for that side

1 Like

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by gokay11(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2015
His time is up,he just took the innocent soul of his tenant along. wicked landlord

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by ignis: 7:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Karma is a bitch

1 Like

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Ybnm4life(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Do unto others what you will want them to do to you... Anger has never and will never solve anything...
May his soul rest in peace...
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Dexema(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Burn in hell!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by prettytasha(f): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2015
wow
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by adesegun121(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by An2elect2(f): 7:20am On Aug 27, 2015
quick tempered men are deadly angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Aminat508(f): 7:20am On Aug 27, 2015
Olagbara ooooooo
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:20am On Aug 27, 2015
Only In Nigeria!!!!.....
The Lady above me be like.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by bolabolabo: 7:21am On Aug 27, 2015
Tit for Tat.... U kill me, u die #Shikenah
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Gorgeous58(f): 7:21am On Aug 27, 2015
Karma! They shall continue the struggle in the world beyond.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Dammyg2016: 7:21am On Aug 27, 2015
K
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by donbugy(m): 7:21am On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies by Calebosko(m): 7:22am On Aug 27, 2015
if na me i for set d man house on fire,i wil advice d tenant living there to pack out,cus another paind dude can do dat even if it does not concern him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cultism: Wike Sends Names Of Lecturers To DSS For Profiling / Hushpuppi’s Tailor: Abba Kyari Deletes Facebook Post - Gazette / 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.