Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

NGO Work Or Bank Work? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NGO Work Or Bank Work? (18414 Views)

Female Graduate Interns Needed In An NGO- Lagos / Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? / Ncc Or Bank Or Nahco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Cutehector(m): 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
Una dey advise person to choose ngo work when he don open pos shop...nigerians sef grin
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by sageb: 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
NGO I remain forever grin cheesy

No stress, but highly risky for us in the Northeast
can I send you a PM with regards to NGO opportunities.
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by sageb: 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
Blackman7:

It's really exciting working with an NGO. I worked with UNDP nigeria for 3 years and I can say for a fact that the pay is very good. However most un jobs are on contact basis which can be extended .
Can I send you a Pm with regards to NGO opportunities?
I am interested
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Jaqenhghar: 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
sMilA:
I want to work at an International Development Aid Organization, especially UN! The pay is excellent, I imagine the work experience is exciting & what work is nobler than that done for humanity. But the catch is always a masters degree and work experience.

Since I choose this to build a career, I am now wt a local NGO and waiting to start to start a MSC programme in Economics. However, my  plan Is unravelling as I have gotten 2 bank offers already
Unfortunately the proces of getting into those organizations has been corrupted by Niggerians. Entry is based on who you know. If you are below 35 by the time you finish your masters you can apply for their junior professional program.... its some sort of internship / trainee thing ( I hope it still operates sha). That's your safest bet.

2 Likes

Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by modextus(m): 11:59pm On Mar 19, 2021
Evii:

Good evening, I'm not too proficient with nairaland. pls how does one know when the topic was first raised? Thanks in anticipation
It's there. The date and year are up there just above the content of the post.

1 Like

Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Jaqenhghar: 12:01am On Mar 20, 2021
mycode:
NGO worl is much better than bank work. You will have less pressure on your neck. It is also more secured than bank job.

mycode
Who said its more secure? Most organizations run projects which run anything from 3 -5 years. Depending on how successful the project is or funding you might get an additional 5 years or an extension what most staff do is switch to other organizations before time runs out. If the project finishes and you haven't moved, you might be back to searching for a job for a long time.
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Richdee1(m): 12:14am On Mar 20, 2021
ORIAYO70:

Pls if u can also link me up for any local Ngo
Will be Glad.

I have degree in Social work
And on the verge of Msc in medical social work.

Watsapp me on 08027562993

I for tell you make you find your way out of this country
Social work is hot cake out there
UK Canada and US

1 Like

Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Richdee1(m): 12:15am On Mar 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
NGO I remain forever grin cheesy

No stress, but highly risky for us in the Northeast

Connect me bro
Rolling ma service to the north
A social worker
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Tugee: 12:32am On Mar 20, 2021
sMilA:
I want to work at an International Development Aid Organization, especially UN! The pay is excellent, I imagine the work experience is exciting & what work is nobler than that done for humanity. But the catch is always a masters degree and work experience.

Since I choose this to build a career, I am now wt a local NGO and waiting to start to start a MSC programme in Economics. However, my  plan Is unravelling as I have gotten 2 bank offers already

Here's how this may play out, you can get the bank job & get paid pretty fairly but then you'll live the rest of your life regretting you gave up on your dreams and trust me bank jobs will always make you feel that way.

OR

You can proceed to doing your masters and focus on getting an NGO job but that isn't a guarantee you'll end up in a good humanitarian NGO as it requires not only high level internationally recognized qualifications but also strong connections. Without these your entire life's ambition is based on luck and the question is, are you ready to risk it all?

My advice: Pray to the Almighty to help and guide you. Circumstances will occur which will help make it easier for you to decide. Don't make life changing decisions out of fear and remember not all that glitters is gold.

I have a friend who took up a lecturing job compared to a high paying oil & gas servicing job & we thought he was crazy at the time. Today he's in a far better place compared to those who took up the oil & gas job and eventually got laid off.
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Babysho(m): 2:09am On Mar 20, 2021
inoki247:
Is like the Mod wey push this 2009 post to frontage is on Drug...

Post from olden days when Dollar still dey like 100 naira or 120....
U no see wahala
Person wey don move on with life get pikin wey dey secondary school

Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by obowunmi(m): 4:00am On Mar 20, 2021
back when people asked sensible questions. grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by franugo(m): 5:02am On Mar 20, 2021
Dalil8:
shocked shocked

12 yrs later it's on fp

And they said he couldn't make it.... grin
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by LeopardX: 6:47am On Mar 20, 2021
Evii:

Good evening, I'm not too proficient with nairaland.pls how do one know when the topic was first raised? Thanks in anticipation
The date is on the same page with the topic of the OP.
OP means original poster.
You can check again to confirm.
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Razeed: 7:19am On Mar 20, 2021
NGO all the way.
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by chichigal(f): 7:37am On Mar 20, 2021
I will advise you remain with the local NGO because as time goes on you will get an opportunity to work with International NGO.

I was so lucky I started with INGO and it has really been the best so far.

sMilA:

1 Like

Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Evii: 8:08am On Mar 20, 2021
LeopardX:

The date is on the same page with the topic of the OP.
OP means original poster.
You can check again to confirm.

Seen, thanks bro for the insight

1 Like

Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by NorthernParrot: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2021
It is not easy getting NGO job these days, the system is gradually being corrupted like the public service. Again, the negative impact of Covid19 has forced many funders to slash down their foreign aids to nearly 50%. Many projects are forced closed currently.
But still i can say if you can find your way into INGO better go for it.
The pay and benefits doubles or even triples that of bank.

2 Likes

Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Ayomarcel(m): 8:45am On Mar 20, 2021
2009 post.. content don finish? Lmao
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 20, 2021
what da hell?!
since two oh oh nine?!
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2021
NGO work better oo.. but the international ones...

Anytime anyday... Is NGO...there is room for improvement.. upgrading and advancing..

To Nigerian banks!!... Specific *Nigerian*
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 20, 2021
JOBS Currently on Bizmate! No Registrations needed, Just Apply!

Jobs Posted Daily with 2,500 Active JOBS Currently Available for Non Graduates & Graduates including ������

1. Roska Oil & Gas Project Jobs for 20 Positions in HR, HSE, Engineering, QHSE & More

2. Purchasing Accountant - Ibadan

3. Facility Officer - Nigeria

4. Customer Service Officer - Lagos

5. Hotel Jobs (9 Positions) for Receptionist, Waiters, Accounts officers, Barmen, Public Area cleaners, Cooks, Kitchen Assistants, Housekeepers & Laundry Assistants

6. Art Director - Lagos

7. Admin Manager - Lagos

8. Telesales Representatives - Ibadan

9. Vacancies in Reliance Health – 9 Positions - Nigeria

10. Nationwide Recruitment (OND Intern) - Nationwide

11. Female Company Supervisor - Lagos

12. Lawyers – Litigation and Research - Ogun, Oyo and Lagos States

13. Sales Boy/ Girl – SSCE. - Ogun

14. Creative Writers (Internship Program) - Lagos

15. Business Development Manager - Lagos

16. Client Service / Marketing Officer at Denaro Properties Limited - Lagos

17. Sales Representative at Heshoutang Natural Health Nigeria Limited – SSCE - Lagos

18. Volunteer Coordinator at SHIFT Nigeria - Anambra, Ekiti & Kaduna

19. Recruitment Project Intern - Lagos

20. Front Desk Officer - Front Desk Officer

21. Personal Assistant to the Managing Director of Boecker Public Health

22. Salon & Spa Manager - Lagos

23. School Admin - Lagos

24. Raw Material Manager (FMCG Sector) - Lagos

25. 5 Slots for Client Service Executives – Telecoms Coy - Nigeria

Hurry! Before they Expire...Click NOW to Apply: https://bizmate.mate3x.com/job-list-v9/

Also ReShare & help others you know Get Jobs

For More Jobs & Career Support, join
Bizmate on Facebook: https://m./185386186459352/?ref=group_browse
&
Bizmate on Telegram group:
/bizmatejobs

<Ps: To Apply on site, Click the application email or link for each job post>

God bless you
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by sinola(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2021
For sustainability and some level of job security,go for NGO but for growth ,go for bank job
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by femi4: 10:29am On Mar 20, 2021
sMilA:

NGO work no be work
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Sijo01(f): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2021
inoki247:
Is like the Mod wey push this 2009 post to frontage is on Drug...

Post from olden days when Dollar still dey like 100 naira or 120....

Imagine the nonsense. Op was even last active in Sept. 2009 angry angry
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Fidelmak(m): 11:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Abeg share me update on NGO jobs esp NorthEast
sageb:
can I send you a PM with regards to NGO opportunities.
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by bigbamo: 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Who said its more secure? Most organizations run projects which run anything from 3 -5 years. Depending on how successful the project is or funding you might get an additional 5 years or an extension what most staff do is switch to other organizations before time runs out. If the project finishes and you haven't moved, you might be back to searching for a job for a long time.

If you work in operations, it's a safer bet
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by Jaqenhghar: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
bigbamo:

If you work in operations, it's a safer bet
Even the operations. If you are not highly placed it might be tough. Your salary comes out of a project or 2. If the project is o er and funds dries up you will be out unless you are a senior level staff were they can easily switch you to another project. Those who enjoyed NGO work were those who worked about 20 years. Nobody knew how lucrative it was now everybody eye dey there
Re: NGO Work Or Bank Work? by bigbamo: 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Jaqenhghar:
Even the operations. If you are not highly placed it might be tough. Your salary comes out of a project or 2. If the project is o er and funds dries up you will be out unless you are a senior level staff were they can easily switch you to another project. Those who enjoyed NGO work were those who worked about 20 years. Nobody knew how lucrative it was now everybody eye dey there

It differs from Organizations though; you are moved to another project in my own coy and even if Projects end, you are paid from the coffers of the coy and not based off Donors.

Anyways, person wey wan apply make him shine him eye before him leap. It is well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Global Management Trainee Programme 2021 At Anheuser-busch Inbev / Greenspring Graduate Trainee Test / British Council Volunteers For Open House Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.