Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? (12670 Views)

Accenture Nigeria Undergraduate Internship Experience And Payslip. / When Employers Ask If A Relative Works In That Company / Three Vital Questions Employers Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by oronneeme: 9:57am On Nov 01, 2011
Good day all,

Please, i would like to know if employers do ask for your payslip of your former employer or your bank statement of account in order to verify your claim of salary.

It happened that i when filling an online application, i increased my current salary two folds, i was called for aptitude test by the company and after a few months i was also called for an interview and i strongly believe they will call back, but i just have this fear that they may request for a proof of my claim of salary.
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by 1forall: 11:03am On Nov 01, 2011
Some do and some don't.

And I think it's more likely they would if the pay difference is large.

Honesty is usually a safer approach. Better to negotiate for an increase than lose a job offer based on issues of integrity.
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by begwong: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2011
MOSTLY PAYSLIPS,NEVER HAD OF EMPLOYERS ASKING FOR A BANK STMT
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by Koolking(m): 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
They ask for payslips.
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by norris1980: 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2011
they only ask for ur former company payslip not a statement of account and then not every company request for that.best of luck dude.
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2011
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by baskem(f): 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
I dont think any employer will ever request for bank statement. payslips, yes, and not all employer as rightly explained by previous comments.

and for future job applications adhere 1forall's advice:

1forall:

Honesty is usually a safer approach. Better to negotiate for an increase than lose a job offer based on issues of integrity.
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
Baba its so easy, Just go to mushin, make them print one Original pay slip for you and you photocopy it, If them catch youuu well lipsrsealed
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by Jarus(m): 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
Not likely they ask you for either, but I think I have heard of case of being asked for letter of last promotion/salary adjustment.

But as said by others earlier, nothing like not compromising integrity as you'd done here.
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by amtheone(m): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2011
@poster,
dont worry for anything. after all u have done it already. But the truth is that in this country(Nigeria) there is no standard/structure as to how things are done. So expect them to ask u anything. I mean anything. Don't u know that some companies are now conducting the so called interview at nite and u have to be there from morning.

they can even ask u to mention names of all ur relatives and produce their parents in order to confirm whether names u mention are correct. They(employers) think that they're doing one a favour. Nonsense system
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by Kx: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2011
Most orgs wont accept either of the two from you believing that you could "doctor" your docs to tally with your "lies"
They'd rather reference your former employer's HR for your grade and remuneration at the time of exit.
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by KacHemNaU(m): 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2011
amtheone:

Don't u know that some companies are now conducting the so called interview at nite and u have to be there from morning.

they can even ask u to mention names of all your relatives and produce their parents in order to confirm whether names u mention are correct.
laugh won kill me die 4 here o
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by Favben(m): 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2011
They could ask of a payslip which may not be easy to get

y d saying, always say what you mean and mean what you say" stil stands
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by muyoto: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
prospective employees are always known to embellish their credentials to bolster their chances of clinching the job, so nothing new here.

However, I do think there's a line bwtn embellishment and outright deceit, which i believe you've crossed.

not that I'm wishing you bad luck, but if your employer happens to be financial institution they [i]may [/i]ask for it
Re: Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? by guseman(m): 10:07am On Nov 05, 2011
U can doctor ur payslip too since you lied on ur application. People do it and besides dont worry much abt that cos thats what they pay people of ur category, they might no worry provided ur perfomance is excellent

(1) (Reply)

N-power Batch C: No Official Date For Deployment / My Leadway Interview Experience. / 2020 Food Concept Plc Application Guide (owners Of Chicken Republic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.