Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her (26342 Views)

Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me / My Boss Is Asking Me Out On A Date / My Boss Is Pushing Me To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nnaeb(m): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2015
Dear JobTrends,

I am facing a very difficult time at my workplace. I landed a job fourteen months ago and the first eight months were the honeymoon period. My boss loved everything I did. I walked around feeling on top of the world. I was very innovative.

First I replaced our outdated newsletter publishing platform with a new one that is faster, cheaper and much easier to use. I cleaned out our newsletter subscriber database and used social media tools to double our newsletter subscription list.

Then I started including fun little quizzes and community discussion topics on our site and our newsletter. Our sales increased by fifteen percent. I created a “Get Started” kit for new customers. I’ve never had as much fun on a job as I had in my first eight or nine months here. Then things started to get ugly.

My boss said “You’ve made your point. Give the new ideas a break.” I was completely shocked. I thought my boss who happens to be of an opposite sex, the Head of Marketing, would want to keep moving forward fast. I thought that my new ideas would make my boss happy and they did at first, but then she said “e don do.”

I have a dozen more ideas ready to implement. The salespeople have asked me for an online customer training that they can use when they visit new customers.

Now I don’t know how to prove my value or even how to get through the day. I can’t even answer sales and customer requests intelligently because I can’t say “That’s a great suggestion, and we are working on implementing it.” I can’t say that because it isn’t true!

I haven’t spent a dime on my marketing initiatives. The only expense to the company is my salary which is not that big. I replaced a person who was paid a lot more than I get paid, because I heard it from the salespeople who were very dissatisfied with my predecessor, kemi.

Please I need your advice, what should I do? I’m completely frustrated. Can I get my boss, to let me keep doing my job or do I have to leave my job after less than a year and a half knowing how unfriendly the labor market is?

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

http://jobtrends.com.ng/please-help-my-boss-is-scared-i-will-replace-her/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Holyfield1(m): 6:31am On Aug 27, 2015
hmmm...*sighs deeply* This is serious
I'll advice u talk it out with her nd be mindful of the kinda idea u bring up....
She sees u as being wiser than her,No dey do I too know okay

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by ezeonline2(m): 6:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Koboseadotorg(m): 11:14am On Aug 27, 2015
Rule number one # never outshine the master.

48 LAWS OF POWER

217 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by stepo707: 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
its not possible to please everyone....just do the best you can.Am facing a similar challenge in office and what i decided to do is to dom the best i can and take my time.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Beno3: 8:34am On Sep 04, 2015
why?
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by eleko1: 8:34am On Sep 04, 2015
sad she's uncomfortable with ur star/rising.it is true U are trying to shove her outside as outdated/expired product(I nor blame u sha).I'll advise U to share ur idea with her/carry her along with ur innovation.Be prayerful too so dat she won't send u out b4 u send her packing.Wish u well

18 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by tkpoint2(m): 8:34am On Sep 04, 2015
If your story is so true...
Then I concur with the saying....."people don't appreciate what they have until they lose it" embarassed

OP hear this.....
The value of a thousand naira note will stiil be the same whether;
trampled upon
Squashed
or Mint.

Never allow anybody to diminish your self esteem......
You are what you are. wink

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Leyemoshood: 8:34am On Sep 04, 2015
Fear not for the Lord is on your side,keep doing your work and have faith

5 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by bmxshop: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Always make those above you feel comfortably superior.  In your desire to please or impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or you might accomplish the opposite – inspire fear and insecurity.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by kennyddonn(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2015
yu must ask yourself if ur knowledgeable act is not bringing out an ego
always be submissive and try to do as if u not doing anything for d progress of the job
let the result ask d question who does it?? from everyone
make it that secret......and let the outcome speak

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Daniel058(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Boss is always the boss. .

E Even get how e be Nah. . Say u dey teach ur Papa how to chop COW £¥€..
grin

HOW MANY U DON FELLOW KILL?? cool

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Bollinger(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

I am facing a very difficult time at my workplace. I landed a job fourteen months ago and the first eight months were the honeymoon period. My boss loved everything I did. I walked around feeling on top of the world. I was very innovative.

First I replaced our outdated newsletter publishing platform with a new one that is faster, cheaper and much easier to use. I cleaned out our newsletter subscriber database and used social media tools to double our newsletter subscription list.

Then I started including fun little quizzes and community discussion topics on our site and our newsletter. Our sales increased by fifteen percent. I created a “Get Started” kit for new customers. I’ve never had as much fun on a job as I had in my first eight or nine months here. Then things started to get ugly.

My boss said “You’ve made your point. Give the new ideas a break.” I was completely shocked. I thought my boss who happens to be of an opposite sex, the Head of Marketing, would want to keep moving forward fast. I thought that my new ideas would make my boss happy and they did at first, but then she said “e don do.”

I have a dozen more ideas ready to implement. The salespeople have asked me for an online customer training that they can use when they visit new customers.

Now I don’t know how to prove my value or even how to get through the day. I can’t even answer sales and customer requests intelligently because I can’t say “That’s a great suggestion, and we are working on implementing it.” I can’t say that because it isn’t true!

I haven’t spent a dime on my marketing initiatives. The only expense to the company is my salary which is not that big. I replaced a person who was paid a lot more than I get paid, because I heard it from the salespeople who were very dissatisfied with my predecessor, kemi.

Please I need your advice, what should I do? I’m completely frustrated. Can I get my boss, to let me keep doing my job or do I have to leave my job after less than a year and a half knowing how unfriendly the labor market is?

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

http://jobtrends.com.ng/please-help-my-boss-is-scared-i-will-replace-her/

You have only two options; Keep doing what you are doing or find another job. It's that simple.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by lordsharks(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Jst do wat pleases her since she's d boss

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Lovexme(m): 8:36am On Sep 04, 2015
Maybe you should consider sharing your ideas with you boss.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by holluwai(m): 8:36am On Sep 04, 2015
Confirm her worst fears then.

Or better still work less
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by mmafhew(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2015
Incase
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by balancediet(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one
# never outshine the master.

48 LAWS OF POWER
Op dont ever 4get this. up untill u leav the company, remain loyal

15 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by reaky(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2015
Talk with her about it
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by idee91: 8:38am On Sep 04, 2015
No too dey show yah self. ..... be diplomatic

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by sensibool: 8:38am On Sep 04, 2015
Calm her down
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by oluwafemi113(m): 8:38am On Sep 04, 2015
Do your best and add prayer to it

Good luck
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one
# never outshine the master.

48 LAWS OF POWER
word.
Instead of doing things Yourself. Do all those stuffs through her, let her be the one to take the glory NOT You.

26 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by dammytosh: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2015
U dey outshine her

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by SirVjay(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2015
JUST SCREW HER. ITS JUST MY IDEA THOUGH.

9 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by kennynelcon(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2015
don't fight your head
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2015
grin
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by phyllosilicate(m): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2015
LAW1: NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER
Always make those above you fell comfortably superior. In your desire to please or impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or might accomplish the opposite-inspire fear and insecurity. Make your master appear more brilliant than they are and you will attain the heights power.
ROBERT GREEN

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by jauntty: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2015
I think ur boss feels threaten by u

Most Bosses want to feel they are In charge, and so wouldnt want anything that remove them from spotlight.

Try to always give ur Boss credits for everything, Even if it was ur idea

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by FBLJ(m): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2015
Sell the ideas to her before implementing them. it will make her feel important, while you wait for your chance.

9 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by GodMode: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Guyman02: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2015
Remain creative but allow her to 'own' the ideas as your boss and making her feel as one by letting people think she is the generator of the new ideas and that whatever you have achieved is because of her guidance and with time she will stop seeing you as a threat to her job.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Policeman Flaunts His Tommy At The Silverbird Entertainment Center, / Ican Vs Anan / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.