Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,738 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her (26367 Views)

Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me / My Boss Is Asking Me Out On A Date / My Boss Is Pushing Me To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Smooyis(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Maybe you should consider sharing your ideas with you boss.[/quote]

Exactly what I had in mind. May your wisdom never run dry.

Always first discuss with your boss in humility of mind whatever you have as as a suggestion.

Let her be the one to say it in the meeting officially. And keep this as a secret between the two of you.

One day the truth will be known. I mean in the fulness of time.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one
# never outshine the master.

48 LAWS OF POWER

you beat me to it.

op there are two ways to go about it.

1. Work side by side with your boss. Always make your boss look good and he/she will keep you for as long as you want.

2. if you want that position, then let you CEO or MD know how your ideas / creativity have increase sales and let them know you have more to take the company to another level...it wont be easy but be ready for the fight... life is not fair.

#3strikes
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
bonechamberlain:
that rule doesn't apply in this situation. it's a job she us doing and she is doing it perfectly if her boss wants to be stagnant and hates innovation he should resign.

Wrong!

The rules does apply to everything....

1. follow the rule if you are not ready for the fight.

2. you can go straight to Rule #15. " Crush your Enemy Totally" with your good works. iyen tun ko?
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Lovexme(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
Smooyis:

Exactly what I had in mind. May your wisdom never run dry.

Always first discuss with your boss in humility of mind whatever you have as as a suggestion.

Let her be the one to say it in the meeting officially. And keep this as a secret between the two of you.

One day the truth will be known. I mean in the fulness of time.

Amen, bro.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by bonechamberlain(m): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
3strike:

Wrong!

The rules does apply to everything....

1. follow the rule if you are not ready for the fight.

2. you can go straight to Rule #15. " Crush your Enemy Totally" with your good works. iyen tun ko?
from the information given her boss is also an employee, the question should be is the owner of the company also not comfortable with her, if so then she. should tread carefully if not show then she should keep on doing her work and give a middle finger to her boss. the master she should not outshine is the real owner and not a boss who is also an employee. and which company owner wouldn't want such a woman in their marketing department.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by 123papas(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
u dey how urself for office abi. work na wisdom no be intelligence.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by 123papas(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
you for kukuma open ur own CPY since na you sabi work pass. ITK
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
bonechamberlain:
from the information given her boss is also an employee, the question should be is the owner of the company also not comfortable with her, if so then she. should tread carefully if not show then she should keep on doing her work and give a middle finger to her boss. the master she should not outshine is the real owner and not a boss who is also an employee. and which company owner wouldn't want such a woman in their marketing department.

Did you not read that part where Op said his/her creativity increased sales by 15%? Why will the owner have problem with that?

common now.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by tiblow: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nnaeb,

Give me a call on this line and let us see what may be in store for you. 08020522535. Thanks.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by mt77: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chris reach me on andeestone@gmail.com, I have some assignment you may be able to do.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by mt77: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dear Chris,
Reach me on andeestone2000@gmail.com , you may be able to be of help to our company.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Miranda11: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Most bosses don't like being out shined by a junior staff as it makes them feel as if they have no value to offer so can punish you if you try and look good. Wisdom and how u come across is very key here. My former boss once asked me to help her type up something she had written and on reading i noticed that the reasoning was wrong so I went to her office and said " Ma please do you mind if I made a comment and she said no problem but even at that I was still hesitant to Spk to which she encouraged me to say something and I did and she commended me and told me to correct it. She then encouraged me to always Spk up if I feel that something is not right as we never stop learning from each other. At the end of the day it depends on the person as someone else wld just shout n say are u trying to tell me that I'm wrong. I also worked with someone who wld get very angry if others knew you were good and wld start making disparaging comments like so you want everyone to know that your good and intelligent. Such pple only want to use you to make them Look competent, with such pple I feel it's a complex problem because they are not as intelligent so you just have to be careful how you come across with them.

So if you have any good ideas just go to her and say "Ma please what do you think about this" and even when you are sharing this across the coy don't make it too obvious that it's coming from you. As demoralising as the advice sounds sometimes it's just the only way to keep the peace.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by emitheo(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
good responses....
OP i suggest that when you come up with more of the good ideas..you should give her the credit of being the initiator of the ideas...make it seem as if she actually came up with the ideas,that way she'll still see herself as the BOSS.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by huzaynbolt(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
Just play the good servant by trying to relate with your ideas before execution. Even if she is not comfortable with the way you are spurning out ideas at present, the moment you let are contribute to them she will feel comfortable having you around.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by bonechamberlain(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
3strike:

Did you not read that part where Op said his/her creativity increased sales by 15%? Why will the owner have problem with that?

common now.
what she wrote was her boss in the marketing dept was the one not comfortable with her. that means there are other people higher than her boss in the company. i believe he is jealous cause he doesnt want her to get higher than him. her boss can't fire her, he doesn't own the company. the man who owns the company is the master.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by calcal: 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
if your boss so dumb how manage she become the boss! go ahead kick her away from the job.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by geraob1: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
He is not proud. He is very innovative.. We just don't like shinning stars in this country.

sonofananimal:
WHAT KILLS PEOPLE FASTER IS PRIDE AND LACK OF HUMILITY.

BASE ON YOUR WRITEUP, I CAN SEE YOU HAVE ONE (PRIDE) AND LACK THE OTHER ONE (HUMBLE)

WELL! GET READY TO REDUST YOUR CV

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
geraob1:
He is not proud. He is very innovative.. We just don't like shinning stars in this country.

YOU DON'T SHINE AT ANOTHER'S MAN COMPANY AND EXPECT EVERYBODY TO SMILE ON YOU.

IF YOU WANT TO SHINE, SHINE AT YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by stanvesco(m): 11:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

I am facing a very difficult time at my workplace. I landed a job fourteen months ago and the first eight months were the honeymoon period. My boss loved everything I did. I walked around feeling on top of the world. I was very innovative.

First I replaced our outdated newsletter publishing platform with a new one that is faster, cheaper and much easier to use. I cleaned out our newsletter subscriber database and used social media tools to double our newsletter subscription list.

Then I started including fun little quizzes and community discussion topics on our site and our newsletter. Our sales increased by fifteen percent. I created a “Get Started” kit for new customers. I’ve never had as much fun on a job as I had in my first eight or nine months here. Then things started to get ugly.

My boss said “You’ve made your point. Give the new ideas a break.” I was completely shocked. I thought my boss who happens to be of an opposite sex, the Head of Marketing, would want to keep moving forward fast. I thought that my new ideas would make my boss happy and they did at first, but then she said “e don do.”

I have a dozen more ideas ready to implement. The salespeople have asked me for an online customer training that they can use when they visit new customers.

Now I don’t know how to prove my value or even how to get through the day. I can’t even answer sales and customer requests intelligently because I can’t say “That’s a great suggestion, and we are working on implementing it.” I can’t say that because it isn’t true!

I haven’t spent a dime on my marketing initiatives. The only expense to the company is my salary which is not that big. I replaced a person who was paid a lot more than I get paid, because I heard it from the salespeople who were very dissatisfied with my predecessor, kemi.

Please I need your advice, what should I do? I’m completely frustrated. Can I get my boss, to let me keep doing my job or do I have to leave my job after less than a year and a half knowing how unfriendly the labor market is?

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

http://jobtrends.com.ng/please-help-my-boss-is-scared-i-will-replace-her/

go and read 48 laws of power.....never outshine d boss.....ensur u diskus ur ideas with1st,and leave d credit 4 d ideas to her,ur time2 shine wil come
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by dayspring2015: 8:33am On Sep 05, 2015
Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

I am facing a very difficult time at my workplace. I landed a job fourteen months ago and the first eight months were the honeymoon period. My boss loved everything I did. I walked around feeling on top of the world. I was very innovative.

First I replaced our outdated newsletter publishing platform with a new one that is faster, cheaper and much easier to use. I cleaned out our newsletter subscriber database and used social media tools to double our newsletter subscription list.

Then I started including fun little quizzes and community discussion topics on our site and our newsletter. Our sales increased by fifteen percent. I created a “Get Started” kit for new customers. I’ve never had as much fun on a job as I had in my first eight or nine months here. Then things started to get ugly.

My boss said “You’ve made your point. Give the new ideas a break.” I was completely shocked. I thought my boss who happens to be of an opposite sex, the Head of Marketing, would want to keep moving forward fast. I thought that my new ideas would make my boss happy and they did at first, but then she said “e don do.”

I have a dozen more ideas ready to implement. The salespeople have asked me for an online customer training that they can use when they visit new customers.

Now I don’t know how to prove my value or even how to get through the day. I can’t even answer sales and customer requests intelligently because I can’t say “That’s a great suggestion, and we are working on implementing it.” I can’t say that because it isn’t true!

I haven’t spent a dime on my marketing initiatives. The only expense to the company is my salary which is not that big. I replaced a person who was paid a lot more than I get paid, because I heard it from the salespeople who were very dissatisfied with my predecessor, kemi.

Please I need your advice, what should I do? I’m completely frustrated. Can I get my boss, to let me keep doing my job or do I have to leave my job after less than a year and a half knowing how unfriendly the labor market is?

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

Please send your CV to dsnigeria@gmail.com
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by predatorX: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

well i think you are selfish, and pushing your luck too far.

The atmosphere in the office should emphasize teamwork but from what i've deduced, you are a one-man show. Nobody likes a Mr "know-it-all" person.

Share your ideas with her and ask her for her opinion on them always.

humble yourself no matter how brilliant the idea is. Female superiors work better with male subordinates in almost every situation, and women love young, intelligent guys, except if your dexterity at what you do starts getting into your head and you begin to start nurturing funny ideas of a COUP D'ETAT against her.

the problemo is you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by fpeter(f): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
because I heard it from the salespeople who were very dissatisfied with my predecessor, kemi.

I almost empathized with you until i saw the above sentence...did you have to call your predecessor's name?
Now i understand why your boss detests you, you are overzealous and tactless...ITK ...Over Sabi. undecided
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by hectorswag(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
herrdeustch:

Please give our guy here a soft landing.Dont misinterpret people because people are different and God gave us all different capabilities.Some people are game changers and innovators who constantly make powerful contributions to their organization,society etc.Unfortunately many nigerians see them as oversabi or a threat which is unfortunate and one of the reasons why nigeria is not moving forward.If the boss was a wise person, instead of feeling intimidated,she will groom the young man,menthor him,repackage him,utilize him, and make him her loyalist as well as develop him .By doing so, value has been added to everyone involved especially herself and the company.So far I see passion in the young man and not pride,but this experience will give him much needed experience in working with people which is like a school of its own.

Nice answer! You couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Molestation In One Of The Big Companies In Lagos. Must Read / Nigeria Institute Of Management"s Result Is Out,what Next? / Ican Vs Anan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.