Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair (44179 Views)

Women, U Can Prepare These Honey Sexual Performance Remedy For Your Husband. / Hair Steaming Do's And Don'ts For Relaxed Hair (part 1) / Stop Hair Breakage And Grow Your Beards With This Hair Combo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 27, 2015
My hair has been breakage since 2012.
I tried shaving all it off and started from the begining but alas!it still the same

Sometimes i wondered what went wrong.IM an hair freak, i give more attention to ma hair

what is wrong with me and how can i solve this once and for all?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bukiminaj:
My hair has been breakage since 2012.
I tried shaving all it off and started from the begining but alas!it still the same

Sometimes i wondered what went wrong.IM an hair freak, i give more attention to ma hair

what is wrong with me and how can i solve this once and for all?

I am currently on hair journey. My hair is past armpit length.

You can visit my fb page for more: https://www.facebook.com/longnigerianhair

2 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
joie27:

I am currently on hair journey. My hair is past armpit length.

You can visit my fb page for more: https://www.facebook.com/longnigerianhair

thanks sis.i have a question

is your hair relaxed?
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by prettyangel10(f): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
What you can do, have a hair routine:

a week after retouching your hair, steam your hair with

1 egg, 1 lemon juice, And 1 tablespoon of honey, mix together, apply to your hair,

cover your hair tightly with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Then wash off.

Make sure you do this for about a month, once a week before going to either braid ur hair or fix weave on.

I need to tell you to get your own personal shampoo and conditioner. Then you can get coconut oil too, It's very good for hair recovery. Apply it to ur scalp and massage in. Wish u good luck.

7 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
prettyangel10:
What you can do, have a hair routine:

a week after retouching your hair, steam your hair with

1 egg, 1 lemon juice, And 1 tablespoon of honey, mix together, apply to your hair,

cover your hair tightly with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Then wash off.

Make sure you do this for about a month, once a week before going to either braid ur hair or fix weave on.

I need to tell you to get your own personal shampoo and conditioner. Then you can get coconut oil too, It's very good for hair recovery. Apply it to ur scalp and massage in. Wish u good luck.

thank God i just relaxed my hair 2days ago.wl definitely try d steaming stuff.my hair sef sabi beta tin,xo because of its craving for egg thats why its breaking

What can i Subtitue for lemon juice?cos its not always in abundant like orange.

How can i make my own shampoo & con?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by prettyangel10(f): 6:32am On Aug 29, 2015
Actually, lemons are pretty much available in d market, but if u can't get u can make use of the eggs and honey alone. U can as well get shampoo and conditioner in the market too. I don't know how to make them. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
Bukiminaj:

is your hair relaxer?

Hi. Yes it is. But i am transitioning to natural hair. So i have stopped relaxing my hair. My last relaxer touch up was over 4 months ago.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
joie27:

Hi. Yes it is. But i am transitioning to natural hair. So i have stopped relaxing my hair. My last relaxer touch up was over 4 months ago.

dat hurts,i tried it also n i was 5mth post relaxer before i eventually relaxed last week

goodluck on your transiting journey.i dnt think i can attempt it again

2 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
Bukiminaj:

dat hurts,i tried it also n i was 5mth post relaxer before i eventually relaxed last week

Sure you can. There are a lot of products to make your hair softer and your journey easier.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by marieolae(f): 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
The first step is probably to cut off your relaxed ends. That's probably why your hair is breaking...
Bukiminaj:

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
marieolae:
The first step is probably to cut off your relaxed ends. That's probably why your hair is breaking...

ah u mean i should cut all my hair
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
joie27:

Sure you can. There are a lot of products to make your hair softer and your journey easier.

what do u gain in keeping a natural hair that a relaxed hair doesnt have

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 01, 2015
Bukiminaj:

ah u mean i should cut all my hair
If you want to, But I think she means you should trim the split ends - which is a good idea.

Also, You need to start weekly deep condition treatments with a protein deep conditioner, very important!!

And what's your hair routine like?

Do you relax a lot or do you stretch?

Your hair is weak -which is probably due to damage from relaxers and neglect. That's why it breaks.

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 01, 2015
Joavid:

If you want to, But I think she means you should trim the split ends - which is a good idea.

Also, You need to start weekly deep condition treatments with a protein deep conditioner, very important!!

And what's your hair routine like?

Do you relax a lot or do you stretch?

Your hair is weak -which is probably due to damage from relaxers and neglect. That's why it breaks.

while i was growing up,i only relax my hair durin xmas period,my hair was strong and was growin rapidly then.i never thought it would break some day.i stretch for 4-5mth

I think the hair dressers are one of the problem behind my breakage with the way they tighten their grip to make the style look neat,you need to see the way they hold your hair while relaxing and even when you tell them to relax the new growth only,they wont listen.but right now i dont patronise them again.my sis handle my hair now(with care). Guess av learnt my lesion(will never go to a local hair dresser again,some of them dont know how to care for your hair)

i also steam my hair in the salon monthtly.after the application i was asked to sit under the hot dryer.i heard recently that its not good for the hair n i stopped doing it
i must admit my hair routine is very poor. Im now learning. Had i knew all this before

Thank u guys for taking your time to attend to me.gona try d egg+olive oil+coconut oil treatment someone recommended today.can i add shea butter(melted or not?)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2015
Bukiminaj:

while i was growing up,i only relax my hair durin xmas period,my hair was strong and was growin rapidly then.i never thought it would break some day.i stretch for 4-5mth

I think the hair dressers are one of the problem behind my breakage with the way they tighten their grip to make the style look neat,you need to see the way they hold your hair while relaxing and even when you tell them to relax the new growth only,they wont listen.but right now i dont patronise them again.my sis handle my hair now(with care). Guess av learnt my lesion(will never go to a local hair dresser again,some of them dont know how to care for your hair)

i also steam my hair in the salon monthtly.after the application i was asked to sit under the hot dryer.i heard recently that its not good for the hair n i stopped doing it
i must admit my hair routine is very poor. Im now learning. Had i knew all this before

Thank u guys for taking your time to attend to me.gona try d egg+olive oil+coconut oil treatment someone recommended today.can i add shea butter(melted or not?)
You can use the mix with or without shea butter.

Yea, heat is bad for the hair.

Perhaps you should also be careful of the kind of relaxer you use. Cos when I was using profective, it was just bad for my hair.

And those hair dressers in naija, na so them be o.
They feel like you are teaching them their job, they don't listen. When am ready to relax my hair again, my friend will do it for me and I would be using ORS relaxer.
Only on new growth and I won't overlap the relaxer.

Check out this link
www.black-women-beauty-central.com/how-to-relax-hair.html
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2015
Joavid:

Perhaps you should also be careful of the kind of relaxer you use. Cos when I was using profective, it was just bad for my hair.

They feel like you are teaching them their job, they don't listen. When am ready to relax my hair again, my friend will do it for me and I would be using ORS relaxer.

Check out this link
www.black-women-beauty-central.com/how-to-relax-hair.html

i tried d profectiv also.mehn twas xo harsh

r u very sure abt ORS?.wana switch also.how much is it?
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
I like the website.really helpful,my sis who is aspiring to be a stylist now know better. Her boss cant even relax hair
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2015
Bukiminaj:

i tried d profectiv also.mehn twas xo harsh

r u very sure abt ORS?.wana switch also.how much is it?

Yes profectiv is harsh and it over-processes my hair thus breaking my hair.

Yes am sure of ORS. My cousin has been using it for years. And it has great reviews online.
Its whole kit. You can use it 2 - 3 times.
The price depends on were you buy. Its between 1200- 1500
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 01, 2015
Bukiminaj:
I like the website.really helpful,my sis who is aspiring to be a stylist now know better. Her boss cant even relax hair

True. 95% of naija hair stylist cannot relax hair.
They always tell me 'anuty, you must set your hair(staying under the drier for an hour plus) unless it won't be soft or look good'

Now I know better.

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Sleekbaby(f): 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=Joavid post=37554212]

Check out this link
www.black-women-beauty-central.com/how-to-relax-hair.

My dear profective nearly cut all my hairs, I hv very strong hair n someone recommended it 4 me, I started using it once in 6 months n no much change den I switched to 3 months n gbam, I started looking 4 my hairs, after combing it I will start crying but tnk God dt I stopped using it ds year after 2yrs. I can't recommend it to anyone unless d person will use it only once or twice.

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sleekbaby

have you found your hair.lol
profectiv is just expensive and over hyped.i hope many gals find out before its too late

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
What's wrong with profective?cos I use it and didn't notice anything wrong with it,except my hair gets due every 3months

2 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
My hair

1 Share

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hair in egg treatment

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
Bukiminaj:
My hair

Aside avoiding heat on your hair, there are some things to also avoid.

For example, dont use tail comb to comb your hair.

Click http://www.longnigerianhair.com/5-things-that-cause-hair-breakages/
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Sleekbaby(f): 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=Bukiminaj post=37560133]Sleekbaby

have you found your hair.lol
profectiv is just expensive and over hyped.i hope many gals find out before its too late

Is bouncing back small small, i'm very happy bcoz it no longer cuts.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=Bukiminaj post=37539562]

what do u gain in keeping a natural hair that a relaxed hair doesnt have[/quote

I still have relaxed hair, but i do not want to relax my new growth. Natural hair is quite versatile.

https://www.facebook.com/longnigerianhair
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
joie27:

Aside avoiding heat on your hair, there are some things to also avoid.

For example, dont use tail comb to comb your hair.

Click http://www.longnigerianhair.com/5-things-that-cause-hair-breakages/

an eye opener.surely ignorance is a disease.e worst pass ebola sef
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Bukiminaj:

is your hair relaxed?

Hello. The ends of my hair are relaxed, but i have a lot of under growth because i have not retouched in more than 7 months.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
joie27:

Hello. The ends of my hair are relaxed, but i have a lot of under growth because i have not retouched in more than 7 months.

7mths? Are you transiting? How do you handle your hair within that period? Wana stretch it like you?
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Bukiminaj:

7mths? Are you transiting? How do you handle your hair within that period? Wana stretch it like you?

Yes, it should be 8 months by now. I moisturise and seal my hair everyday with leavein conditioner mixed with water as well as grapeseed oil

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
Anytime I loose my hair,it breaks, but after retouching it ,it stops breaking is that okay?
I want to change my relaxer from protective to either Dr.miracle or ORS,please which is the better option?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Knit A Yellow Wool Crop Top With Hands (Photos) / Who Is The President Of Nigeria? Dr. Muhammadu Buhari – Miss Nnewi Contestant / Toke Makinwa Dressed In Tissue Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.