Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair (44322 Views)

Women, U Can Prepare These Honey Sexual Performance Remedy For Your Husband. / Hair Steaming Do's And Don'ts For Relaxed Hair (part 1) / Stop Hair Breakage And Grow Your Beards With This Hair Combo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by ewamiessential(f): 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
ronkyemma:
Pls can I do hair steaming for my daughter of 13yrs,althoug I use texturiser to retourch for ha evry 3mths cos of d nature of ha hair,so strong n thick.

Oh yes you can ma'am... And we also have alternative hair care products you can use instead of steaming incase you don't wish to.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by cherry007(f): 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
[quote author=Bukiminaj post=37554682]

That you use profective and is too harsh for you hair doesn't mean that the relaxer is bad. Your hair is just been selective. I use Profective, I enjoy using profective I have a very strong hair but with the help of profective my hair is shinning, bouncing and back to life without any breakage. PROFECTIVE MAKING YOUR HAIR GET THE PERFECT LOOK AND TEXTURE!
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
Moberry:

I respect you opinion but i personally believe that hair doesn't mean you have embraced who you are . Self acceptance is much more than that, hair is one of those things that if anything has now divided people.Hair is not identity, it is something personal to each and every individual and to each his own.

Like i said i respect your opinion but i have mine too smiley
Do you know how many black girls that can never appear in the public (for some, to their friends) with their natural/relaxed hair? It is no longer just hair especially when it comes to our race, for some girls it is what it is but for most it isn't. We are having this conversation because of what started ages ago and it has continued to be so.

3 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
daretodiffer:

Do you know how many black girls that can never appear in the public (for some, to their friends) with their natural/relaxed hair? It is no longer just hair especially when it comes to our race, for some girls it is what it is but for most it isn't. We are having this conversation because of what started ages ago and it has continued to be so.

Ok

2 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by actoor(m): 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
Bukiminaj:
My hair

Your hair need serious attention & also tream off the shafts angry
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by ephi123(f): 12:57am On Apr 22, 2016
Moberry:

I respect you opinion but i personally believe that hair doesn't mean you have embraced who you are . Self acceptance is much more than that, hair is one of those things that if anything has now divided people.Hair is not identity, it is something personal to each and every individual and to each his own.

Well spoken
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by DedeNkem: 5:56am On Apr 22, 2016
Bukiminaj:
My hair has been breakage since 2012.
I tried shaving all it off and started from the begining but alas!it still the same

Sometimes i wondered what went wrong.IM an hair freak, i give more attention to ma hair

what is wrong with me and how can i solve this once and for all?

Stop using relaxer chemicals in your hair!! It destroys your scalp!! Be educated! What's wrong with leaving your hair natural?

Do you wonder at all why most Nigerian women lose hair fast as they age? It is because of years of pouring toxic chemicals in their hair!

Watch Chris Rock's documentary called Good Hair, to learn what bad chemicals do to hair!

2 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

I don't understand you. Did you shave it off and relaxed it again?

Someone told to shave it all and start afresh and I mumuishly did

But I'm wiser now. Thanks to all the beautiful people in the house
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 22, 2016
GeniusDavid:
2015 Post made front page! Lalasticlala's GF suffering from same problem? grin

Brother, don’t tell me you are jealous
Just to let you know, I don't know Mr lala or whoever brought my topic to FP and I wasn't paid for that.

I didn't create the thread cos of FP. SO kini big deal about that?
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2016
scarletpearl:
do not get carried away, just like God created some tall and short, some peoples hair can never be so long. plus if u have a not too good hair avoid relaxer. that's the best option like I am doing now growing a hair without relaxer.
causes of hair breakage I know aresadexperienced)
- weather: harmattan, so endeavor to always keep hair moist.
- not thoroughly washing out relaxer off after applying; some hair dressers are water miser.
- dryness of hair; just like some skin are very dry same with hair, try applying original dark and lovely pink oil, original Emily millionaire and a luza or Indian herp hair cream.(Indian herp is a name of a hair cream)

-you can repair your hair with perm- repair, honey,egg white,honey, coconut oil,aloe vera, apply then cover with shower cap and stem by using a hand dryer or entering into a dryer. ( once in a month or once in two month)

afterwards avoid relaxer with extreme chemicals, they make ur hair so relax but break your hair.

the picture below is the longest have seen. and she doesn't care for the hair. my hair can never be this long didn't take after the parent with long hair, so don't kill your self and be happy for what u have.

Thanks dear
I think the most important factor is keeping the hair healthy instead of aiming for long hair.

Are you telling me that lady doesn't apply all the orishi risi most people put on their hair?
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 22, 2016
Missyetty:
Am following this thread o, my hair has been breaking too since last year.....i tried profective and i have not noticed any change, infact it is getting fustrating

Keep following dear, start from page 1 and jot it down if you can
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by fabulousmann(f): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2016
Joavid:

If you want to, But I think she means you should trim the split ends - which is a good idea.

Also, You need to start weekly deep condition treatments with a protein deep conditioner, very important!!

And what's your hair routine like?

Do you relax a lot or do you stretch?

Your hair is weak -which is probably due to damage from relaxers and neglect. That's why it breaks.
I started a hair journey relaxed hair to b precise I decided to use mega growth deep conditioner to my surprise my hair broke during application n during washion off of the conditioner wat do u think is the likely cause of the breakage
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Natascha(f): 9:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Hey Lady!

Your hair will keep on breaking, as long as you relax it. Well, at least that is what relaxers do.

But all is not lost, You can do the following :

1. When its time to relax your again, only relax the new growth. Not the whole length of your hair. For example, only apply relaxer to the hair closest to the roots. In that case, relaxer dont overlap and you dont overprocess.

2. Always rinse out relaxer with " neutralizer shampoo" until water runs clear. Lets say the shampoo is yellow in color. When you apply the shampoo to the relaxed hair, the water will appear pink. Rinse and rinse en shampoo and shampoo until you dont see pink anymore

3. Always follow up with a deep conditioner

4. Regular trims to get rid of old, dead and damaged hair. Damaged hair dont grow. so cut it off.

5. And dont forget to Moisturize!

I dont relax hair. I dont wear weaves or attachments. Im natural. The best way to go is Natural. But I know for some ladies going natural is really a hard thing
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2016
geesilver:

Ur hair won chop egg make sure u fry the egg o
As for lemmom juice u can use apple juice all na juice.......abeg no take me serious o, I no want ur bashing.

Lol @geesilver. Hi Bukiminaj. SOrry about your hair wahala. Try Black soap shampoo. I saw this recipie on google:

- Get original black soap(Ose dudu). Put it in a bowl and add hot water to melt it.
- Add some honey. Add some grapeseed oil or any oil you have to it.
- Mix together and store it in a bottle.
I will try it this weekend myself.

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2016
scarletpearl:
do not get carried away, just like God created some tall and short, some peoples hair can never be so long. plus if u have a not too good hair avoid relaxer. that's the best option like I am doing now growing a hair without relaxer.
causes of hair breakage I know aresadexperienced)
- weather: harmattan, so endeavor to always keep hair moist.
- not thoroughly washing out relaxer off after applying; some hair dressers are water miser.
- dryness of hair; just like some skin are very dry same with hair, try applying original dark and lovely pink oil, original Emily millionaire and a luza or Indian herp hair cream.(Indian herp is a name of a hair cream)
Thanks for your tips. Gbam! But i believe that your hair can grow long and healthy whether it is genetics or not. I have seen lots of Nigerians whose parents and sisters and cousins do not have long hair. But they grew their hair long with proper hair care.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2016
Missyetty:
Am following this thread o, my hair has been breaking too since last year.....i tried profective and i have not noticed any change, infact it is getting fustrating
HI dear. Changing relaxers is not the solution to hair breakage ooo. How you relax you hair matters. If you want to relax your hair,
- Deep condition with deep conditioners like 5 days before
- Make sure the relaxer is only applied to the undergrowth. Don't allow the relaxer to touch the part you have relaxed before some months ago.
- If possible, relax every 2 or months. Not every 3 weeks.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2016
YTderin:

HI, so how do you style it when ure going out. I'm transiting also, it's my 4th month though, and I'm almost giving up. Do u wear wigs? How do u make the hair look good while transiting
hi ya! I wear wigs most of the time. I also do braids that are not too tight.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2016
ronkyemma:
Pls can I do hair steaming for my daughter of 13yrs,althoug I use texturiser to retourch for ha evry 3mths cos of d nature of ha hair,so strong n thick.

Yes you can steam her hair every 2 weeks. It will make it healthier. you can use a deep conditioner to do it too.

www.longnigerianhair.com

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2016
Moberry:

I respect both opinions. Everybody is entitled to wear their hair as they want it. Whether your hair is natural or relaxed, it does not stop you from being who God has made you to be. In times of our fore fathers even till now, tribal marks were gotten to make them look beautiful. God did not create them with it. Same way, you can relax your hair if you want. Or carry it natural if you want too.

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2016
fabulousmann:
I started a hair journey relaxed hair to b precise I decided to use mega growth deep conditioner to my surprise my hair broke during application n during washion off of the conditioner wat do u think is the likely cause of the breakage

It is possible that your hair is protein sensitive.
Try to add honey and olive oil to the deep conditioner.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by prisca2736: 11:19am On Apr 22, 2016
ur type of hair product matters a lot.if u use good hair care products,u will c d diff
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 11:22am On Apr 22, 2016
DedeNkem:

Stop using relaxer chemicals in your hair!! It destroys your scalp!! Be educated! What's wrong with leaving your hair natural?

Do you wonder at all why Nigeria women become lose hair as they age? It is because of years of pouring toxic chemicals in their hair!

There is no scientific research to confirm that relaxers make older women to loose hair as they age. Hair-loss is part of the ageing process. Although some herbs can be applied to slow down the process.

I have seen Chris Rock's video and also read Dr. OZ comments on dangers on relaxers. They might be right. But it is only one scientific research work done in India I have seen that linked Fibroids to relaxers. Others just make speculations
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Missyetty(f): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=joie27 post=44935470]
HI dear. Changing relaxers is not the solution to hair breakage ooo. How you relax you hair matters. If you want to relax your hair,
- Deep condition with deep conditioners like 5 days before
- Make sure the relaxer is only applied to the undergrowth. Don't allow the relaxer to touch the part you have relaxed before some months ago.
- If possible, relax every 2 or months. Not every 3 weeks.[Thanks so much, the hairdresser is always putting relaxer both on the undergrowth and the already relaxed hair, i think thats where the prob lies......and please how how do i deep conditioned my hair. N.B, i do relax my hair every three months/quote]
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
joie27:

Lol @geesilver. Hi Bukiminaj. SOrry about your hair wahala. Try Black soap shampoo. I saw this recipie on google:

- Get original black soap(Ose dudu). Put it in a bowl and add hot water to melt it.
- Add some honey. Add some grapeseed oil or any oil you have to it.
- Mix together and store it in a bottle.
I will try it this weekend myself.

Thank you so much girl, you have been with me since the beginning of this thread, giving me advice on everything you know

God bless you dear

When you get your black soap, please post the picture here
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by liztemi(f): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
prettyangel10:
What you can do, have a hair routine:

a week after retouching your hair, steam your hair with

1 egg, 1 lemon juice, And 1 tablespoon of honey, mix together, apply to your hair,

cover your hair tightly with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Then wash off.

Make sure you do this for about a month, once a week before going to either braid ur hair or fix weave on.

I need to tell you to get your own personal shampoo and conditioner. Then you can get coconut oil too, It's very good for hair recovery. Apply it to ur scalp and massage in. Wish u good luck.
Thankz for sharing this helpful routine jare!
But can steaming be done only after retouching?
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by GeniusDavid(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bukiminaj:

Brother, don’t tell me you are jealous
Just to let you know, I don't know Mr lala or whoever brought my topic to FP and I wasn't paid for that.

I didn't create the thread cos of FP. SO kini big deal about that?

Honey, the light banter was aimed at Lala not you! Apologies if u misunderstood. No Pun intended.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by onose01(f): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
Are you still using chemicals for your skin?
Ditch those cancer causing chemicals and take care of your skin with natural products.
Are you a student? Housewife? Or even a working class lady looking for ways to earn extra income?
Organic cream mixing is that business you are looking for. All you need is your kitchen. Yes! Your clean kitchen is your factory.

Come! Let me teach you how to make the following for just N2000.
50% discount for the first five to call or WhatsApp: 08054153798

•Egyptian body milk&body wash
•Halfcaste cream 
•Whitening cream
•Chocolate cream
•Papaya/carrot/lemon cream
•Different body butters
•Baby soap
•Body wash
•Body  peel serum 
•Glowing cream
•morning/night facial cream
•Baby cream
•Pink lips balms
•Fairness serum
•Sunscreen cream
•Sunburn remover
•Pink lips balm
•Stretch mark cream
•Toning black soap
•Complexion scrub
•Face cleanser
•Breast firming mask and oil
•Hair growth cream
•Night cream for younger and glowing skin
•Glow serum for brightening & ageless skin
• Dark knuckle/armpit cream
•Under eye cream to remove dark circles
•Moisturizer for clear & fair skin
•Night cream for face-under eye
•Face primer
•Face mask

TREATMENT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Dry skin
Eczema 
Dark spots
Acnes and Pimples

Up to 20 skin care videos inclusive.

COMPLIMENTARY COURSE
*How to make different organic oils from d scratch. 
*Effective weight loss drink

Training will start on the 27th of April, 2016.
If I were you, I'll take advantage of this special April bonanza.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by queenesthr(f): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
Introducing T444z Hair Growth Cream.....

Amazing Hair Food for faster hair growth, thickness and length retention

Amazing hair food made of all natural ingrdients - Aloe, Herbal extract, Rose oil, Chamomile, Menthol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Castor Oil, Peppermint, Papaya Extracts, Vitamin A, Carrot Extracts, Shea Butter and Essential Oils.

For incredibly long hair - massage into clean scalp thrice every week.Adds length,volume and thickness.

Repairs hair line

Helps to reverse thinning hair and hair loss.

Available online at wwww.konga.com/queenesther-s or contact 08034708929

Always sleep with satin hair bonnet for optimal results.

1 Share

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by queenesthr(f): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
Jamaican Black Castor Oil available at wwww.konga.com/queenesther-s or contact 08034708929

Stops hair breakage, strengthens hair, adds lustre and improves volume

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bukiminaj:

Thank you so much girl, you have been with me since the beginning of this thread, giving me advice on everything you know

God bless you dear

When you get your black soap, please post the picture here
Sure. I will
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by fabulousmann(f): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2016
joie27:

It is possible that your hair is protein sensitive. Try to add honey and olive oil to the deep conditioner.
. tnx
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
joie27:

I respect both opinions. Everybody is entitled to wear their hair as they want it. Whether your hair is natural or relaxed, it does not stop you from being who God has made you to be. In times of our fore fathers even till now, tribal marks were gotten to make them look beautiful. God did not create them with it. Same way, you can relax your hair if you want. Or carry it natural if you want too.

The part about tribal marks actually made me giggle, never thought about it that way. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Grace Oyelude - First Miss Nigeria (1957) And All Past Winners / Omotola In An Ankara Jacket / Made In Nigeria Top Costs N62,000. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.