Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" (1841 Views)

How To Conduct Basic Keyword Research For Your Website And Blog - 4 Steps / Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger / Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by MANDILAX(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2015
This topic was opened to address an issue about our domain address mandilax.com that was a subject of a dispute which was later settled. Thanks to everyone that showed concerns and advised on how to solve it. Y'all far too kind.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by fattbabakay(m): 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
if u dnt mind selling d domain name, tell dem to buy it...Cos if dey decide to go ahead And use it, Der's actually nothing u can do.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
This is serious .
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
Just let them have it.. There is nothing you can do to stop them.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by tr3y(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
You better sell am, it might be possible to fight for it if the name na registered trademark which I believe you didn't
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by kingthreat(m): 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
You have broken no law whatsoever. They seem like a big company. Tell them you're willing to let go for a fee and even give them mandilax.com. who knows, they could be willing to sell it for a good price.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Ben1975(m): 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
In reality your in a better situation because you have the .com extension so any marketing they do may end up benefiting you that's probably why they are really contacting you.

Like one of our esteemed Nairalander just mentioned you have broken no law, they are at your mercy

1 Like

Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by cheavroi(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
If I were you, I would ignore them.

That's is how they trick people into paying them. It is a form of scam and you should not have responded in the first place.

Just ignore and it will go away.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by BabaEleko(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
fattbabakay:
if u dnt mind selling d domain name, tell dem to buy it...Cos if dey decide to go ahead And use it, Der's actually nothing u can do.

But why can't i do anything, aren't there seo or maybe search engines laws that protect this type of infringement?
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by BabaEleko(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
coolsix:
Just let them have it.. There is nothing you can do to stop them.

Of course, i can't stop them from going ahead with it just like i cant take their computers away from them but i can sure stop them from sitting and feeding of my intellectual property.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by BabaEleko(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
tr3y:
You better sell am, it might be possible to fight for it if the name na registered trademark which I believe you didn't

Pls enlighten me more on registering trademark in Nigeria or wherever.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by BabaEleko(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
kingthreat:
You have broken no law whatsoever. They seem like a big company. Tell them you're willing to let go for a fee and even give them mandilax.com. who knows, they could be willing to sell it for a good price.

I'm not considering this option at all sir, i just want to stop them from stealing or borrowing my name or using it in any form
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by BabaEleko(m): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ben1975:
In reality your in a better situation because you have the .com extension so any marketing they do may end up benefiting you that's probably why they are really contacting you.

Like one of our esteemed Nairalander just mentioned you have broken no law, they are at your mercy

Yes, i have thought about their action benefiting me in the long run to but there is no guarantee that i'd be the one smiling at the end of the episode that's why i need to know the procedures to make them desist from such act or where i stand on the eyes of copyright law.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by BabaEleko(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
cheavroi:

That's is how they trick people into paying them. It is a form of scam and you should not have responded in the first place.

That is serious o. But i don't think these ones are kiddin at all, when they sent me the first email, all the mandilax domain extensiom were available but when i checked today, thet have all been taken so i don't think they are trying to rip me at all.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Ben1975(m): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
You have a business too, just because their business may be bigger doesn't mean they are allowed to bully you. Tell them that your domain name is an intrinsic part of your business and you cannot give it up. If they continue to contact you speak to your solicitor then inform these people that going the legal route will be your game plan if you are not left to your business.

BabaEleko:

Yes, i have thought about their action benefiting me in the long run to but there is no guarantee that i'd be the one smiling at the end of the episode that's why i need to know the procedures to make them desist from such act or where i stand on the eyes of copyright law.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Panshow(m): 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
Guy this is an opportunity to hit it big. If I were you I will offer to sell the domain name for them.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by tr3y(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
BabaEleko:

Pls enlighten me more on registering trademark in Nigeria or wherever.
It's a long process and cost close to thousand buck! Plus your domain must represent a particular brand offline. Something lik microsoft.com.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by resultcase(m): 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
What? Is this for real? This is pure scam or maybe not. What's certain here is that an seo company is looking for a client or a scammer is looking for a prey.

I have over 40 personal domains (active or packed) and have received this same mail you got not on one occasion.

My ten kobo advice for you is to ignore the mail. If they r interested in your domains, they'll contact you in a more professional manner.

Don't fall prey to this cheap scam!

1 Like

Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 28, 2015
cheavroi:

You are right bro. I feel they are scammers. Anyway, if they aren't. You have a greater advantage with .com. I will only advice you discuss business with them. Tell them to pay if they are really desperate in using that keyword.
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by DualCore1: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2015
The truth: no company wants to register those domains. They are not scammers, they just want to put you under pressure to register those other domains with them.
The solution: ignore such mails.

1 Like

Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by bedfordng(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
no need to panic, if they want it.if they are for real, they will contact you for further dealings but if they are not, then move on with yoru activities
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Ben1975(m): 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
most def

resultcase:
What? Is this for real? This is pure scam or maybe not. What's certain here is that an seo company is looking for a client or a scammer is looking for a prey.

I have over 40 personal domains (active or packed) and have received this same mail you got not on one occasion.

My ten kobo advice for you is to ignore the mail. If they r interested in your domains, they'll contact you in a more professional manner.

Don't fall prey to this cheap scam!
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Ben1975(m): 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
There are one or two syllable domain names that can go for over a 8 million dollars. But I suggest that you should think of your business and allow your domain to help you grow your money organically. It would be worth more to you in the long run.

There are domain brokers who handle these kind of things for a small fee. These guys couldnt even afford that?!

(assuming that maybe scammers too and not big business people)
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by chichriso: 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bro, ignore them but if they persist, then, give it to them with a good amount of $$$$ because if the come for you, you can't stop them, NEV!

CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR BLOG LINK/URL TO BOOST YOUR TRAFFIC

Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by fattbabakay(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
BabaEleko:

But why can't i do anything, aren't there seo or maybe search engines laws that protect this type of infringement?
laws ... dnt even disturb ursef
Re: Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
[deleted]

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Google Voice Number, Who Can Help Me / I Need Twitter Account With 100k Followers / Are You Interested In Learning An ICT Course At 50% Discount?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.