Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:52 AM

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! (11087 Views)

Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana / How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 8:55am On Feb 21, 2016
I've gotten a lot of negative reviews about Nigerian web host and I was wondering if anyone has experience with any Nigerian web host.

In fact, I don't even recommend them to anyone who wants to start a blog.

I've heard about Whogohost but I'm not too sure. If you have a blog that uses a Nigerian web host, please share your experience.

Please do not start promoting your several web hosting here, I just need reviews of hosting that you have used yourself and recommend.

Thanks a lot!

PS: My blog is hosted on Siteground, one of the best foreign web host you can find around. So if you can share a reliable Nigerian web host that is affordable for readers of my blog, I'll appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 21, 2016
cheesy
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 21, 2016
WhoGoHost kills it always.they even have a superb customer service.

2 Likes

Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by garyaustin(m): 9:20am On Feb 21, 2016
Try Upperlink. I have been with them since 2009.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by fattbabakay(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
emmalexdboy:
I've gotten a lot of negative reviews about Nigerian web host and I was wondering if anyone has experience with any Nigerian web host.

I've heard about Whogohost but I'm not too sure. If you have a blog that uses a Nigerian web host, please share your experience.

Please do not start promoting your several web hosting here, I just need reviews of hosting that you have used yourself and recommend.

Thanks a lot!

PS: My blog is hosted on Siteground, one of the best foreign web host you can find around. So if you can share a reliable Nigerian web host that is affordable for readers of my blog, I'll appreciate.
I, personally as a web developer, would make the following recommendations :

If your web project is large scale, it will require a high disk space and bandwidth, go for Godaddy. But if you are afraid of dollars and its associates, go for Whogohost's best shared hosting plan.
For a new blog with an average of less than 1k daily views, trudigits silver pack will do, at #7,500 with free .com.ng domain.
For a personal portfolio,something like fattkay.com, with minimal traffic and less disk space requirement, go for Trudigits least plan, at #3,500 with free .com.ng. Meanwhile, a domain name will cost #2,500.

The idea of hosting is, the more you pay, the more you get. Even though you will hardly get a host with 100% uptime, cheap hosting plans might throw your website offline for hours daily. So if you are working on a web project you really value, get ready to spend on hosting. Remember, you have to spend money to make money.

Last bullet, if possible, Always Opt For Foreign Hosts.

Shalom!!!
#Fattkay

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by NewbieBlogger: 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Why do you want Nigerian host? Why don't you go ahead and choose a host that has great speeds and uptime? I've seen people recommending SiteGround, but I don't know. I've been with them for 2 years now, but they aren't anything special. Based on those reviews here:https://hostingfacts.com/hosting-reviews/, I guess I'll be better off trying A2 Hosting instead.

Can people recommend any other FAST hosting companies that cost under $10? I'd like to test them out.
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by stanbuggy(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Truth is there is really nothing like Nigerian host....These so called host still have their backbone servers abroad. So why go through them when u can jusT deal with the foreign host directly.

8 Likes

Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by bolt000(m): 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
wait o.. lemme put you people on isscoming..
OKay.. so SITEGROUND is still very reliable you should try it.
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by orijintv(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
Mai Nigga Try WhoGoHost !!!!
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by mrpackager(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
coming...
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by MeloGist(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
The first best hosting to recommend is syskay.com they are good but their service are expensive..

then Domainking.net they are really trying a lot..

Follow By Whogohost.com they are quite good but they are bad when it comes to attending to customers complaint (I have try them before)

Then Smartweb.com.ng they are also good when it comes to rendering good and uptime service...

But to me i still believe in Foreign webhost.... and the best out there now is Namecheap

4 Likes

Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by theshaderoom: 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Me sef wan know... am here for the comments
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by fattbabakay(m): 1:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
emmalexdboy:

Thanks a lot!

I, personally as a web developer, would make the following recommendations :

If your web project is large scale, it will require a high disk space and bandwidth, go for Godaddy. But if you are afraid of dollars and its associates, go for Whogohost's best shared hosting plan.
For a new blog with an average of less than 1k daily views, trudigits silver pack will do, at #7,500 with free .com.ng domain.
For a personal portfolio,something like fattkay.com, with minimal traffic and less disk space requirement, go for Trudigits least plan, at #3,500 with free .com.ng. Meanwhile, a domain name will cost #2,500.

The idea of hosting is, the more you pay, the more you get. Even though you will hardly get a host with 100% uptime, cheap hosting plans might throw your website offline for hours daily. So if you are working on a web project you really value, get ready to spend on hosting. Remember, you have to spend money to make money.

Last bullet, if possible, Always Opt For Foreign Hosts.

Shalom!!!
#Fattkay
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by meganforex: 1:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Still few in Nigeria are ok.

Some of the best and trusted Web hosting company I have used are listed here:http://berichinfo.com/top-5-web-hosting-services-for-wordpress-users/.

The number 1 is what am currently using. It's cheap and stable. They accept any Mastercard for Web host.

I would advise you choose Linux platform plan it's easier to operate with control panel.
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by seunoni34(m): 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
stanbuggy:
Truth is there is really nothing like Nigerian host....These so called host still have their backbone servers abroad. So why go through them when u can jusT deal with the foreign host directly.
Exactly
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by Originality007: 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
opon imo
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by hrworld: 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
Another means to advertise. Nairaland people. I hail thee. Instead make I pay Nairaland for advert, make I create an avenue here jare.
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by koolangel1(m): 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
No one compares with WEBNAME DOMAIN HOST, they have the hosting servers in US and never experienced downtime, i have been using them since 2009
check it out here :

http://www.webnamedomainhost.com/

Regards
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by Goddygee(m): 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
Try Gigalayer.com i Use them and their service is Ok

2 Likes

Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by faruz: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
MeloGist:
shey na hosting company be diz or wetin cheesy grin... U jez waste space Wey I suppose spread mat..............
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
end time hosting. Click like
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by emmyw(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
I will be back
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by Wadesings: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
Go daddy. Com
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by kingthreat(m): 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
Whogohost or nothing.
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by MeloGist(m): 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
faruz:
shey na hosting company be diz or wetin cheesy grin... U jez waste space Wey I suppose spread mat..............

lol modified..
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by mastercee(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
I can only vouch for Smartweb
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by emi14: 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
Just 0.00005% nairalanders comments whenever technical professional related questions or information appears in nairaland. This is not Adeosun and dollar rate or Davido baby mama or one stupid nude African magic actor.
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by femzysticks(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
MeloGist:
The first best hosting to recommend is syskay.com they are good but their service are expensive..

then Domainking.net they are really trying a lot..

Follow By Whogohost.com they are quite good but they are bad when it comes to attending to customers complaint (I have try them before)

Then Smartweb.com.ng they are also good when it comes to rendering good and uptime service...

But to me i still believe in Foreign webhost.... and the best out there now is Namecheap

i beg to oppose your motion

Whogohost have the best customer service i have seen so far

they even attend to customers at night
Re: Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
I use QServers and so far so good, they have not failed me...

i used them for glamjasmine.com , billionaireambitions.com, no1sound.net, gisthub.com.ng

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Work Of Website Designer And Website Developer? / Guaranteed Traffic,sign Ups, Leads, Downlines And Sales To Your Blogs, Websites / Wordpress Or Blogger; Which One Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.