Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. (953 Views)

Untold Story Of The N13billion Recovered From Ikoyi, Lagos Apartment / ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p / 70 Vehicles, N600M Generators Recovered From Ex-gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by eyenibibio(m): 11:29am On Aug 27, 2015
Over 70 vehicles, N600 million in generators and a number of air conditioners have been recovered from officials of the administration of the former governor of Bauchi state, Isa Yuguda.

This was disclosed in a statement by Governor Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi state during the official opening of a register by the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) to collect signatures in support of President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption war in Abuja.

According to Governor Abubakar, he decided to follow in the footsteps of President Buhari in his anti-graft war by setting up a recovery committee immediately after his assumption of office, Leadership reports.

He said the committee was given the responsibility of recovering all vehicles and land illegally acquired by the previous state government.

Abubakar said: “I’m happy to be the first governor to register support for President Muhammadu Bahari’s anti-corruption war initiated by NYCN. I believe the anti-corruption drive would also be factored along good governance, fighting corruption and security of lives and property.

The 70 vehicles recovered by the special committee set up by Governor Mohammed Abubakar is a follow up to the earlier report of 51 vehicles recovered from officials of the immediate past government.

Just before handing over, the committee found out that ex-governor Isa Yuguda gave out 64 cars to politicians, former commissioners, special advisers and top civil servants.

This came after the state government had seized 22 vehicles from the four wives of the former governor.

Source: https://www.naij.com/531530-70-vehicles-n600m-generators-air-conditioners-recovered-ex-governor.html

Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by eyenibibio(m): 11:30am On Aug 27, 2015
The way these officials steal, it makes 'not stealing' govt property look wrong. Dishonesty everywhere.
Lalasticlala, Ishilove, pls let's do this again.
Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2015
Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2015
Jeez! Why are some people just so heartless? I guess he wants to drive to hell with the cars and probably taking so much generator to hell to power the AC he thought he might get there..... Pathetic Corrupt thieves.

3 Likes

Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by menesheh(m): 11:41am On Aug 27, 2015
The corruption statue have reached to such a great height of stealing government properties too. I tot it is only cash cash cash.
Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by olamieseun(m): 11:49am On Aug 27, 2015
Na only God can deliver us frm all dis so called leaders of ours, wen some poor pple dey on street finding wetin dem go eat.

1 Like

Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by catchfun: 11:49am On Aug 27, 2015
it happened during "stealing is not corruption"regime
Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by pharmagba: 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=catchfun post=37385500][/quote]
Now stealing is corruption. Unauthorized acquisition of public property is stealing. Much more there are dear consequences for such action.
New Nigeria in the making
Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by Adminisher: 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
The dullest president in the world once said corruption was not a serious problem. He is out of office now.

1 Like

Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by omenka(m): 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
Some things you read just make you wanna shed tears for this country.

What in the gracious name of God does one need over five cars for?? Are these guys normal upstairs at all?? Haba!!

I think all these political office holders should undergo very stringent psychological screening before being allowed even to pick up nomination forms. Most of them wind up acting like animals honestly.

This is so appalling. angry

1 Like

Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by mikolo80: 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
modelmike7:
Jeez! Why are some people just so heartless? I guess he wants to drive to hell with the cars and probably taking so much generator to hell to power the AC he thought he might get there..... Pathetic Corrupt thieves.
how is he heartless now. Pls tell me. how many pines do you have. how many have you shared with the homeless. it's his money and he can do as he pleases
Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
mikolo80:
how is he heartless now. Pls tell me. how many pines do you have. how many have you shared with the homeless. it's his money and he can do as he pleases
............... Did i hear you just said it is his money? I will take it as you trying to be sarcastic and if not...............
Re: 70 Vehicles, N600mil Generators Recovered From Ex Bauchi Gov. by mikolo80: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
modelmike7:
............... Did i hear you just said it is his money? I will take it as you trying to be sarcastic and if not...............
nope
where there is no law these is no sin
somebody steaks money and we all keep quiet hoping it will be our turn someday or we get some of the crumbs as groupies and hangers-on then yes it is his money
accountant colluded
bank colluded
seller colluded
civil servant collude
3 cups of rice collectors looked the other way
we are more interested in ethnicity and religion instead of competence and integrity
damn right it's their hard 'worked ' for money
blowing all the grammar in the world
or getting hot under the collar is not going to change shiee

(1) (Reply)

The Chad Approach: Fate Of Captured Boko Haramites / Buhari Describes Appointments Made So Far As ‘tip Of An Iceberg’ / See How Fayose Disgraced Workers For Reporting Late [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.