Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha (31600 Views)

Boko Haram: I Wrote My Will 6 Months After Becoming Governor - Shettima / Picture Of Governor Okorocha Riding A Bicycle, Hailed By Students / Pictures Of Governor Okorocha In Washington With Obama And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by Mc4larin: 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, on Thursday said he bought his private jets before he became governor in 2011, contrary to publications in the media that he has bought two private jets since he was elected into office.

Okorocha, who was reacting to statement by workers in the state that he should sell his private jets and use the proceeds to pay their salary arrears, described the allegation as a total falsehood fabricated by those who are bent on discrediting his achievements.

In a statement signed by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, the state government said, “as a government, we want to deny with high sense of honesty that since May 29, 2011 when Owelle Rochas Okorocha became governor, he has never bought any private Jet either directly or by proxy. Having made this denial let those behind the allegation make their facts public to fault our denial.

“The period Governor Rochas Okorocha bought Jets was years before he was elected, during the Olusegun Obasanjo regime when some of the presidential jets were auctioned. The governor bought jets then under the aegis of Lamonde Aviation, alongside few other Nigerians. Since he became governor, he has never bought any private Jet.”

The statement added: “Again, the Debit Management Agency penultimate week published the states and their respective debt profiles. And in the case of Imo State, they published N37 billion which was far from the hundreds of billions the opponents of the government have been claiming to be the debt status of the state. And the N37 billion debt include the ones owed by the previous administrations. The good story is that we have been vindicated on that.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/i-have-jets-before-becoming-governor-okorocha/

4 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by experimentist: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
I dedicate this FTC to ladyf and introvert, two of best jobless Nairalander

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by vivypretty(f): 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
true but u will v to pay them somehow

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by owen4u(m): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
one chance Governor

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by sunnyuche1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
so?
Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by FreeGlobe(f): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
what was his source of income before becoming governor?

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by dapsoneh: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
It's even jetsss, imagine!

6 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by nusta(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
But we didn't know about that. You bought JETS before you became governor. Hmmm....still trying to figure out the source of tha money.

8 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by pheyikemi: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
My thoughts too
. The so called politicians coupled with their oral diarrhoea, lie up and down, as if all Nigerians are gullible like their followers.

8 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by wellmax(m): 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
True
Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by adesegun121(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by wellmax(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Ask Google

10 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
see better person. I knew this man was quite wealthy before he became governor. I can still remember those days at Liberty road Ibadan, when he used to have Rochas foundation. So haters should just go and die inside Oworonshoki lagoon joor. Hit like to support my appreciation for Okorocha

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by Pavore9: 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
N37 billion debt? What did they develop that we are owing that much!?

10 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Okorocha My Man! grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by FORUMgod: 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
true..dat man is fvcking rich

4 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by Cyriloha(m): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
vivypretty:
true but u will v to pay them somehow

from whose money which means his a yahoo man ?

because jets are not hundred thousand only ...

how .many civil servants from your town has jet(s)¿?

3 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by efilefun(m): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Might be true thou but you cant really trust this politicians but i know he was very rich before going into politics, atleast he got a very big school in ibadan for the poor, free education, transport, feeding and uniform/books

5 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by bqlekan(m): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Jetsssss? shocked hmmm maintaining one jet ain't a child play, talk more of jets

2 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by ednut1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
story. with money gotten from bogus contracts in d north den abi
Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Oga Pay workers their salaries and leave story for tortoise. Stop the embarrassment.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
White Lies.....

2 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Exactly.......
Na Wizkid sing dorobuchigrin......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by kingobozy: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nah dem sabi. Politicians and their mind games. They are experts in sabotaging their opponents reputation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by phayvoursky(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
LIES

3 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by Meiji(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
But the real issue on the ground is that he hasn't been paying his workers for some months now. He should address that and stop talking about inconsequential things.

7 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by jikewai89(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Owelle the 419 man

13 Likes

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by fajesito(m): 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
God have mercy on these governors that make innocent souls suffer. And some of these innocent souls still vote for them, sometimes I don't understand some Nigerians...... Nonetheless, God doesn't like it when the poor are being afflicted. sad

1 Like

Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by moshoodn(m): 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Mud slingers everywhere...
Re: I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha by kingstylo01(m): 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Somebody lied....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai Posed With His Students In ABU Zaria (Throwback Photo) / Nigerian Soldier Injured By Boko Haram Receiving Treatment (Photos) / Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.