Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Were People Right About Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were People Right About Buhari? (42713 Views)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Were People Right About Buhari? by Afam4eva(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
This is not to cast any atom of doubt on Buhari's ability to lead and produce results after all, most of his opponents who were members of the electorate did not vote for him because they think he wont perform. Many of these people disliked him for the fact that they thought he was a tribalist and religious bigot. I personally paid no attention to what was flying around about Buhari pre-election, not necessarily because i thought what people were saying were lies but because those things could not be substantiated especially by me personally. So, i did what i have always done and that is to give people the benefit of the doubt. Personally, i felt Jonathan was a complete failure and thought we needed to try something different. Buhari may not have been my prefered choice out of the number of technocrats that i saw in APC but since he was presented, i kinda preferred him over Jonathan.

Now coming to the purpose of this thread. Doesn't it make some of us look stupid when it seems like Buhari is inching closer to the person they painted him to be. I mean, some Buhari supporters will make statements like "I don't care where the person Buhari appoints comes from as long as he is capable". Of course, statements such as these make people to sleep well at night and not look like complete idiots in the presence of people who would say "Didn't i warn you?". Anybody with an iota of common sense would see that this present dispensation has been riddled with an increase of Northern elements and it is glaring even to the blind. How do you explain the fact that after almost 20 appointments made so far. Only less than 5 are from the south. Not even a single person from the South-East has been appointed to any position. I know Igbos are the group of people we love to hate but this just isn't fair in my opinion. If you want to defend Buhari's pattern of appointments, i think your best bet would be to tell us how Southern Nigeria are so corrupt that it will be hard to find men of integrity or how the North boast of more educated individuals who are unrivaled.

In the spirit of giving Buhari, the benefit of the doubt, my 1 years grace period is still counting. After then, i'll have something to say about his government.

259 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by blueButtocks: 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
There are more appointments coming. Let's be patient.

Truth be told, I think Buhari is trolling the Tanoids. Even the most ardent of Buhari's haters would have been shocked by the announcements today. It was completely unexpected. This nigga really gives no Bleep.

For once, we have a leader who understands what it means to be President. A man who survived a coup and lost 3 elections really has it all to prove. And he will only appoint those whom he trusts. I only hope he applies a little wisdom in his next appointments to douse the tension of ethnic sentiments that's beginning to fester.

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by AZeD1(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
This is not to cast any atom of doubt on Buhari's ability to lead and produce results after all, most of his opponents who were members of the electorate did not vote for him because they think he wont perform. Many of these people disliked him for the fact that they thought he was a tribalist and religious bigot. I personally paid no attention to what was flying around about Buhari pre-election, not necessarily because i thought what people were saying were lies but because those things could not be substantiated especially by me personally. So, i did what i have always done and that is to give people the benefit of the doubt. Personally, i felt Jonathan was a complete failure and thought we needed to try something different. Buhari may not have been my prefered choice out of the number of technocrats that i saw in APC but since he was presented, i kinda preferred him over Jonathan.
Now coming to the purpose of this thread. [b]Doesn't it make some of us look stupid when it seems like Buhari is inching closer to the person they painted him to be. I mean, some Buhari supporters will make statements like "I don't care where the person Buhari appoints comes from as long as he is capable". Of course, statements such as these make people to sleep well at night and not look like complete idiots in the presence of people who would say "Didn't i warn you?". [/b]Anybody with an iota of common sense would see that this present dispensation has been riddled with an increase of Northern elements and it is glaring even to the blind. How do you explain the fact that after almost 20 appointments made so far. Only less than 5 are from the south. Not even a single person from the South-East has been appointed to any position. I know Igbos are the group of people we love to hate but this just isn't fair in my opinion. If you want to defend Buhari's pattern of appointments, i think your best bet would be to tell us how Southern Nigeria are so corrupt that it will be hard to find men of integrity or how the North boast of more educated individuals who are unrivaled.
In the spirit of giving Buhari, the benefit of the doubt, my 1 years grace period is still counting. After then, i'll have something to say about his government.

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.

209 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Agbaletu: 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Buhari is executing northern agenda, just wait until he appoints ministers. Are there no incorruptible southerners that can be trusted? One year is even too much for me to put his government on the scale, i am just waiting for the northern ministerial's list. The north is laughing at the south......

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Afam4eva(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
I believe you and that is why i also don't have a problem with it as such. But that's not to say that he's not playing the script of those who ascribed to him an ethnic and religious bigot.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by atlwireles: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
As long as people don't feel marginalised like they felt under GEJ, I'm happy. grin grin grin grin grin

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
You expect well-ratiocinated explanations from Buhari's equally bigoted sycophants?
Here's what would happen:

*They'd invade this thread to post inciting comments instead of issue-based FACTUAL explanations devoid of overbearing sentimentality.

*Supporters of PDP would be forced to defend themselves.

*A free-for-all cussing polarized squabble would occur.

*When Buhari's sycophants realize the purpose of this thread has been defeated and they've successfully diverted attention from his glaring nepotism and bigotry, they'd desert this thread and move on to the next one to regurgitate the same cliched sentences.

Predictable lots.

Oops! By the way, I am a "Wailer"- a proud one at that. I suppose "wailing" for a better democracy is honourable.smiley

192 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
atlwireles:
As long as people don't feel marginalised like they felt under GEJ, I'm happy. grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by AZeD1(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

I believe you and that is why i also don't have a problem with it as such. But that's not to say that he's not playing the script of those who ascribed to him an ethnic and religious bigot.
It might look like that but i don't really care. You cannot solve problems with the same mentality that created the problems and ethnicity is what led us down this road we are.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by atlwireles: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

grin grin grin grin grin

Oga sunny wetin you want me to talk? Make we shout One Nigeria nahin remain. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
1year grace period? interesting.

what happened to 100days in office?

I am fully persuaded that at the end of the 1year, some naboobs of negativism will still say its too early to criticize the sole administrator.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
DDeliverer:
1year grace period? interesting.

what happened to 100days in office?

I am fully persuaded that at the end of the 1year, some naboobs of negativism will still say its too early to criticize the sole administrator.
It's a personal thing.

5 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
I mean, some Buhari supporters will make statements like "I don't care where the person Buhari appoints comes from as long as he is capable". Of course, statements such as these make people to sleep well at night and not look like complete idiots in the presence of people who would say "Didn't i warn you?".
what if the people he appoints, which currently aren't from you stock, perform and end up being the ones to facilitate a 2nd niger bridge, a SE seaport, federal roads, federal presence etc in the SE, will you still prefer he had appointed based on ethnicity equality? Remember how GEJ appointed mostly from SE. No one complained until they started looting and not performing.

Wait till his appointees fail before you wail. That was what the SW did concerning GEJ's administration.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
atlwireles:
this is what we all should position for instead of wailing. Let's wait for them to fail first. I doubt they'll fail. Ride on buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by atlwireles: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
this is what we all should position for instead of wailing. Let's wait for them to fail first. I doubt they'll fail. Ride on buhari

All wailing wailers calling GEJ a clannish President , back in 2011 after appointments were announced are now happy. That makes me happy too. Oya Long live one Nigeria. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by jmoore(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
But why did he make that 5% statement?

I don't really care about ethnicity of those elected or appointed, but for him to say such on air means something.

I just wish the best for Nigeria.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by blueButtocks: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Eh, the kid with the crayons... No color can brighten your dullness, neither are big words a proof of intellect.
Why anyone would use such a horrible font beats me.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

blame PDP for their divisive politics. We no longer see each other as nigerian. An igbo man now prefers a non-performing igbo minister to a credible one. No wonder they achieved nothing for their region upon all the appointments they got under GEJ.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by hinwazaka: 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:
There are more appointments coming. Let's be patient.

Truth be told, I think Buhari is trolling the Tanoids. Even the most ardent of Buhari's haters would have been shocked by the announcements today. It was completely unexpected. This nigga really gives no Bleep.

For once, we have a leader who understands what it means to be President. A man who survived a coup and lost 3 elections really has it all to prove. And he will only appoint those whom he trusts. I only hope he applies a little wisdom in his next appointments to douse the tension of ethnic sentiments that's beginning to fester.
An individual who spent four years in a University would not utter the unintellectual gibberish you just wrote. So to perform as a president, he should disobey the constitution, which promotes federal character. To you PMB's understanding of presidential conduct is to exclude an essential and important region from his government. It's obvious that, to you, PMB can do no wrong. Keep on deluding yourself, you and your supporters club will be the greatest catalyst in PMB's inevitable failure.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Why do we seem to worry where who gets appointed comes from, we act like this appointments automatically mean "come and chop" rather than "come and work". We (rather they) keep quiet when the last government was appointing the biggest thieves from everywhere.
I would suppose a sane human being would be interested in how corruption free the president's appointments are rather than where they come from. It's not like when someone from your tribe is appointed you personally feel the impact. What is the fuss about?

Buhari has a 4yrs mandate, allow the guy choose those that can help him achieve the results he desires.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by colossus2: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:
Eh, the kid with the crayons... No color can brighten your dullness, neither are big words a proof of intellect.
Why anyone would use such a horrible font beats me.
Can't you see no one answered him grin
Please ignore him before he starts his insults wink

5 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by AZeD1(m): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:
Why do we seem to worry where who gets appointed comes from, we act like this appointments automatically "come and chop" rather than "come and work". We (rather they) keep quiet when the last government was appointing the biggest thieves from everywhere.
I would suppose a sane human being would be interested in how corruption free the president's appointments are rather than where they come from. It's not like when someone from your tribe is appointed you personally feel the impact. What is the fuss about?

The truth is most people who bother about where an appointee comes from is more interesting in "chopping" than working. Their prayer is the person appointed from their region is someone they know so they can go and beg for contract.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by blueButtocks: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
hinwazaka:

An individual who spent four years in a University would not utter the unintellectual gibberish you just wrote. So to perform as a president, he should disobey the constitution, which promotes federal character. To you PMB's understanding of presidential conduct is to exclude an essential and important region from his government. It's obvious that, to you, PMB can do no wrong. Keep on deluding yourself, you and your supporters club will be the greatest catalyst in PMB's inevitable failure.

What dafuq are you saying? Did you read my comment or has your brain betrayed its purpose?

19 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
@OP, a mistake in your thread: PMB may not have appointed someone from the SE but Dr. Ibe Kachukwu, the GMD of NNPC is Igbo.

I am extremely disappointed and at the same time appreciates the character of the president. The personality that he sticks to his gun as far as he believes in what he's doing. Though this type of attribute, as it's strength, can also become weakness.

Having said that, these latest appointments cannot be justified on the ground of absence of competent and upright characters in the SS/SE/SW.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

The truth is most people who bother about where an appointee comes from is more interesting in "chopping" than working. Their prayer is the person appointed from their region is someone they know so they can go and beg for contract.
You are not far from the truth. I would have thought we'd be discussing their credentials, if you asked me, the COS is impressive

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by hinwazaka: 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
what if the people he appoints, which currently aren't from you stock, perform and end up being the ones to facilitate a 2nd niger bridge, a SE seaport, federal roads, federal presence etc in the SE, will you still prefer he had appointed based on ethnicity equality? Remember how GEJ appointed mostly from SE. No one complained until they started looting and not performing.

Wait till his appointees fail before you wail. That was what the SW did concerning GEJ's administration.
What makes you think that secluding the other regions from his government will help his appointees perform. What in the records of the appointees make them stand out among their peers from the other five regions. Performance at the expense of ethics and professional conduct is a bit short of failure.

19 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Geniro: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:
Why do we seem to worry where who gets appointed comes from, we act like this appointments automatically mean "come and chop" rather than "come and work". We (rather they) keep quiet when the last government was appointing the biggest thieves from everywhere.

Buhari has a 4yrs mandate, allow the guy choose those that can help him achieve the results he desires.

By the bold, you invariably cemented the notion that the Northerners are the only corrupt free ones while the southerners are very corrupt.

sad

31 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by azimibraun: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
No matter how you see it, the North will have more appointees because of the number of states and it's population. Besides the large majority of those of you complaining do so in ignorance. Appointees from Niger, Benue, Kogi, Nasarawa, plateau are all being seen by those in the SS, SE(especially) and SW as the same as those from Kaduna, Zamfara, Sokoto, Borno, Kebbi, Adamawa, Bauchi and Kano. So is the case of Kwara been mistaken for a SW (pure yoruba state) the NNPC GMD was disowned by igbos becouse they think he is Delta igbo.. Does a Man in Kano know if there is somebody called an Anioma Man? Appointees will come enough for every region. Patience people Patience. You guys have always been wrong about Buhari, you will once again on his appointments.

26 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:
@OP, a mistake in your thread: PMB may not have appointed someone from the SE but Dr. Ibe Kachukwu, the GMD of NNPC is Igbo.

I am extremely disappointed and at the same time appreciates the character of the president. The personality that he sticks to his gun as far as he believes in what he's doing. Though this type of attribute, as it's strength, can also become weakness.

Having said that, these latest appointments cannot be justified on the ground of absence of competent and upright characters in the SS/SE/SW.
Pls explain why you worry where these people come from?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by FreeGlobe(f): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.
so is federal character not in the constitution?

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Geniro:

By the bold, you invariably cemented the notion that the Northerners are the only corrupt free ones while the southerners are very corrupt.

sad

Who cares where they come from?

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by blueButtocks: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Geniro:

sad
Oh dear lord. Someone needs classes on logic and inference.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

IPOB Members In Jewish Apparel Storm High Court Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu's Trial / Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded / PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.