Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Were People Right About Buhari? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were People Right About Buhari? (42795 Views)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
D dullard has ruled Nigeria before, we know who he is.
I don't need to wait one year to find out.

4 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by AZeD1(m): 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
OAM4J:

Many here know that I have been a strong supporter of Buhari since 2011, and I still believe he is by far better than Jonathan. But truth be told, his appointments get k-leg and the OP has a point.

We can not pretend that balancing appointments in a country that is highly volatile on ethnic sentiments like Nigeria is nothing. We are not USA or UK. Except GMB thinks no competent people can be found from other region which you and I know cannot be true.

I know competence should come before ethnicity but we can get competent people everywhere if we search diligently, so what stops GMB from getting only competent people while at the same time balancing his appointment.

I still keep faith with him, but truth be told he is playing the script of those who labelled him an ethnic bigot and I wish he chooses to be wiser and more sensitive. We know what followed the man that said he doesn't give a damm... I hope GMB gives a damm about these things..
Competence is just one part of the criteria and if we were to give it a score, I'd say competence takes 20% - 30% percent.
There's things like trust, ability to work together et al.

Buhari was born and bred in the north, you should know and expect that his most trusted allies would be northerners.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
OAM4J:

Many here know that I have been a strong supporter of Buhari since 2011, and I still believe he is by far better than Jonathan. But truth be told, his appointments get k-leg and the OP has a point.

We can not pretend that balancing appointments in a country that is highly volatile on ethnic sentiments like Nigeria is nothing. We are not USA or UK. Except GMB thinks no competent people can be found from other region which you and I know cannot be true.

I know competence should come before ethnicity but we can get competent people everywhere if we search diligently, so what stops GMB from getting only competent people while at the same time balancing his appointment.

I still keep faith with him, but truth be told he is playing the script of those who labelled him an ethnic bigot and I wish he chooses to be wiser and more sensitive. We know what followed the man that said he doesn't give a damm... I hope GMB gives a damm about these things..
Sir, nigeria isn't multicultural than the US but we have structured our minds to focus on the wrong/irrelevant things expecially in this decade. Two of the 3 biggest appointments are southerners (firs and NNPC) this suggest to me that the president is more interested in competent people rather than balancing ethnicity.
Every elected president forms his government majorly with from his inner caucus, if there are more northerners in the trust pool of the President, we should let him work with people he knows can get the job done.
President Jonathan is licking his wounds today for surrounding himself with all manner of people.

3 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
wiegraf:

Not saying he isn't going to Bleep up - he very well may.

But what to do if indeed he Bleep up?

Hold on. Don't jump the gun. Talk with your vote in 4 years time.

If he does indeed Bleep up and still gets re-elected, then I'll be fully with you shouting Biafra or whatever. Personally, I think you'd be more justified then.

As it stands sef, if you really want it, I am not really against secession. But weigh it properly - are you absolutely sure you want to secede?
Nigeria has the potentials of a truely great nation. The deposit of africa's best and resilient minds.
If there ever was to be an african global superpower, it should be Nigeria.
Unfortunately, we may never see it happen.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
What is the track record of lawal and those other northern stooges he has appointed?
In which rational planet will you have an ogbonnaya onu available and choose lawal?
The same ogbonnaya onu that is one of the most credible and unwavering faces of democratic opposition in Nigeria.
Now you have gone all out tribal. Onu is better because he is not aboki.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

Competence is just one part of the criteria and if we were to give it a score, I'd say competence takes 20% - 30% percent.

Buhari was born and bred in the north, you should know and expect that his most trusted allies would be northerners.

When should a govt sacrifice competence for ''allyship''?
We want the best minds Nigeria can offer managing the country, not bloody allys of mr president.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by SeverusSnape(m): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Rad1cal:

The most silly statement i have heard today.

This is the same zombie who believes a thing like Buhari "body Language" and "Integrity" has magically increased our power supply and repaired our refineries.

embarassed
Brosssss... I swear I didn't know PassingShot was this unintelligible, ha!!... Going through this thread, you will know this guy is paid to post all these stuffs, My goodness!... I swear I can't believe my eyes. Omenka who I thought was the worst hypocrite just descended to the second position. Damn!...Like the OP said in one of his replies to PassingShot, "Nigeria don suffer".

4 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
Election in Nigeria is REGION against REGION and RELIGION against RELIGION and it will continue that way. Igbos are at the receiving side because of their small population and feud between Igbos and yorubas. Igbos can compete when they have the supports of the co-southerners.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Dhugal: 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

Pls quote the law that say so.
Go read Third Schedule,Part 1C 8(1),(2) &(3).You don't expect me to spoonfeed you by literally quoting all the wordings here,do you?.
Those sections covers all aspects of public service including the military,judiciary,ministerial and extra-ministerial departments,public corporations and enterprises.
The Long and short of it is that going by his appointments thus far,the president has run afoul of the Constitution grievously.
Modified:
Subsection 3 even invalidate any provision of any establishment law that runs counter to federal character,taking it down to the level of directors and management of any public body.
Read Section 14(3) CFRN,to start with
Thank me later for the tutorial

2 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by OAM4J: 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

Agreed, but bro, Buhari is not just the president of his 'born and bread' North or the people he is is used to. He is the president of all Nigerian ethnic groups. Every part of Nigeria has a right to feel belonged in his Government. We need to build trust and harmony among all ethnics group until we get to a point we see ourselves as one like it obtained in US today.

You should not be President of Nigeria if you cannot build bridges across ethnics group. I dont want Buhari to be seen as Northern president, I want him to be seen as a Nigerian president.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by poseidon12: 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:
There are more appointments coming. Let's be patient.

Truth be told, I think Buhari is trolling the Tanoids. Even the most ardent of Buhari's haters would have been shocked by the announcements today. It was completely unexpected. This nigga really gives no Bleep.

For once, we have a leader who understands what it means to be President. A man who survived a coup and lost 3 elections really has it all to prove. And he will only appoint those whom he trusts. I only hope he applies a little wisdom in his next appointments to douse the tension of ethnic sentiments that's beginning to fester.
So he only trusts fellow northerners right? He is setting an interesting precedent. He would not be president forever.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 11:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

Now you have gone all out tribal. Onu is better because he is not aboki.
I did not go tribal.
Onu was the only credible southerner in the running for the SGF which was why i used him.
I could do the same for other appointments with more credible yoruba and SS candidates that should have been chosen.
My question still stands.
In which rational planet is a lawal better than ogbonnaya onu?
Is it in experience, credibilty, discipline, exposure,intelligence, progressiveness?
Pls tell me.

5 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by austinOscar: 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]After all PMB brought us a chilly weather and not the xesive heat GEJ brought upon Naija during his administration ........appoint ani1 who is willing n ready to work weda from my fada's backyard or from there fada front yard ....a better naija is all i ask for .......

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by OAM4J: 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

Sir, nigeria isn't multicultural than the US but we have structured our minds to focus on the wrong/irrelevant things expecially in this decade. Two of the 3 biggest appointments are southerners (firs and NNPC) this suggest to me that the president is more interested in competent people rather than balancing ethnicity.
Every elected president forms his government majorly with from his inner caucus, if there are more northerners in the trust pool of the President, we should let him work with people he knows can get the job done.
President Jonathan is licking his wounds today for surrounding himself with all manner of people.

It took a while for USA to get to where they are today, and they consciously worked to get there. Nigeria will get there with time, reason why GMB should not follow the path of Jonathan of flogging the sentiment of ethnic divide.

Fact is there are competent people from all ethnic groups and GMB should maintain a pool that include all.

I do not subscribe to his 95% to 5% ratio, after the election he is the president of all, including those who didn't vote for him... all have a right to feel belonged in his government.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nameo: 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:

A religious bigot that recently canceled govt's sponsorship of Hajj? A religious bigots who have probably equal number of Muslim and Xtian appointees in his govt so far?

Sure the appointments have clearly skewed in favour of North but was Jona termed an ethnic bigot when over 70% of his appointments were skewed in favour of the South?

I don't like these latest appointments but let's talk factually and responsibly.

GEJ had 70% of his appointees from the south? How? When?

Are you insane or just hungry? How could you just LIE like this and with a straight face cos you must support Buhari?

8 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by dammytosh: 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
I
AZeD1:

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.

God bless you. Our hope of having people are peeps like Amaechi and Fashola and not all of us agree they are no thieves going by recent trends.

If the non compromised people are from the North they better be appointed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by poseidon12: 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

It might look like that but i don't really care. You cannot solve problems with the same mentality that created the problems and ethnicity is what led us down this road we are.

I hope you continue not to care when another president after Buhari starts appointing only his tribe because, supposedly, they are the ones he trusts.
Nigerians and hypocrisy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by fanedrive(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

Who cares where they come from?
wailers care...like that would improve price of rice
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
This is not to cast any atom of doubt on Buhari's ability to lead and produce results after all, most of his opponents who were members of the electorate did not vote for him because they think he wont perform. Many of these people disliked him for the fact that they thought he was a tribalist and religious bigot. I personally paid no attention to what was flying around about Buhari pre-election, not necessarily because i thought what people were saying were lies but because those things could not be substantiated especially by me personally. So, i did what i have always done and that is to give people the benefit of the doubt. Personally, i felt Jonathan was a complete failure and thought we needed to try something different. Buhari may not have been my prefered choice out of the number of technocrats that i saw in APC but since he was presented, i kinda preferred him over Jonathan.

Now coming to the purpose of this thread. Doesn't it make some of us look stupid when it seems like Buhari is inching closer to the person they painted him to be. I mean, some Buhari supporters will make statements like "I don't care where the person Buhari appoints comes from as long as he is capable". Of course, statements such as these make people to sleep well at night and not look like complete idiots in the presence of people who would say "Didn't i warn you?". Anybody with an iota of common sense would see that this present dispensation has been riddled with an increase of Northern elements and it is glaring even to the blind. How do you explain the fact that after almost 20 appointments made so far. Only less than 5 are from the south. Not even a single person from the South-East has been appointed to any position. I know Igbos are the group of people we love to hate but this just isn't fair in my opinion. If you want to defend Buhari's pattern of appointments, i think your best bet would be to tell us how Southern Nigeria are so corrupt that it will be hard to find men of integrity or how the North boast of more educated individuals who are unrivaled.

In the spirit of giving Buhari, the benefit of the doubt, my 1 years grace period is still counting. After then, i'll have something to say about his government.

I may not be interested in ALL you said here which to me isn't correct but so far it is your personal opinion, it doesn't matter much to me because you're entitled to one...but to say that South-East love to hate is an insult both to me and to everybody from that part of the country...

What and how do you justify such insensitive and myopic statement?

What is it that fed your conviction about that?

Isn't it an indication that you have a poisoned and primordial sentiments guiding your disposition and interaction with people from there?

Aren't you by that statement showing you carry a burden of hatred against them?...

Such mindset shows how unbiased & informed your other submissions in this write up are...smh

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:

Truth be told, I think Buhari is trolling the Tanoids. Even the most ardent of Buhari's haters would have been shocked by the announcements today. It was completely unexpected. This nigga really gives no Bleep.

For once, we have a leader who understands what it means to be President. A man who survived a coup and lost 3 elections really has it all to prove. And he will only appoint those whom he trusts. I only hope he applies a little wisdom in his next appointments to douse the tension of ethnic sentiments that's beginning to fester.

Ur post is rigged with stupidity...
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
jmoore:
But why did he make that 5% statement?

I don't really care about ethnicity of those elected or appointed, but for him to say such on air means something.

I just wish the best for Nigeria.

I smell Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by AZeD1(m): 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
When should a govt sacrifice competence for ''allyship''?
We want the best minds Nigeria can offer managing the country, not bloody allys of mr president.
You might want the best minds but I want the best team.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by SeverusSnape(m): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Rad1cal:

Passingshot is a big embarrassment .

I never envisaged a man in his 40's will utter such bare faced stupidity.

Omenka is no different from his mirror Passingshot. embarassed
On the bolded, I from henceforth disagree...Believe you me, omenka is a thousand times better than PassingShot judging from all the stuffs I just read. As for the document he promised to provide, I'm still waiting. The guy is just a common sycophantic paid poster.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by happney65: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:

And the only people he could trust are those from the North? grin grin..Am still going to give him a year too..We all shall see
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CORRECTMAN78(m): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
The bottom line remains that the entire south is corrupt and incompetent. That's the notion of Buhari and his "Sai baba" group.

Then for those of you who believe appointments should have nothing to do with quota system; why did a party as big as APC almost drawn to precipice cause a sw regislature, Gbajabiamila did not emerg the speaker as planed?
Why do we stil in army, navy, airforce, nis, etc have equal number of candidates from each state?

Let me send shock down your spine, I saw the last election result, I saw the actualisation of Biafran sovereignty. This is because Buhari will overstretch Nigeria unity such that every ethnic group in Nigeria will rise up and begin to clamour for sovereignty.
Note my word!
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by jmoore(m): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
chuna1985:

I smell Yoruba.
Nna ma o bu nne, nke obuna I bu biko gbara ogwu gi nuo.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

You might want the best minds but I want the best team.
lol .
And the best team is made up of mediocre units?
I hope you guys don't get paid for these shallow arguments i keep seeing everywhere.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by wiegraf: 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
Nigeria has the potentials of a truely great nation. The deposit of africa's best and resilient minds.
If there ever was to be an african global superpower, it should be Nigeria.
Unfortunately, we may never see it happen.

Hear hear.

I think it would be wasteful to toss away such potential prematurely.

If he still gives no indication of wanting to work with others by the next elections, and the northern populace supports him with our votes, then there is obviously a critical problem with the union IMO. I think at that point any potential gains would cost too much. They would be outweighed by the negatives of having a non-inclusive union.

That said, do note I think it's good that you raise awareness to these issues whenever you can so they (hopefully) can be addressed. I just stress caution of a kind
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Rad1cal: 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
nameo:

GEJ had 70% of his appointees from the south? How? When?

Are you insane or just hungry? How could you just LIE like this and with a straight face cos you must support Buhari?

Take it from me, Passingshot is a lying mad man on the payroll of the APC .

He is very shameless with his bare faced lies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nwaanambra1(m): 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
IT IS WELL. . . sad

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Ramos16(m): 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.
I pity a lot of people because they do not understand the sought of politics that goes on
in nigeria, i have been in the middle of more than 5 religious crisis in the north, having more of your people in power at times like that comes in very handy, am not going to say more, but i pray more people see where all this is going, especially those whose live have never been on the line for the faith they choose

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars / Dino Melaye Barred From INEC Headquarters (VIDEO) / 601 Repentant Boko Haram Members Graduate In Gombe, Reintegrated Into Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.