Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784955 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by busysammy07(m): 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
#LONGPOSTBUTWORTHWHILE
I would like to kick off this trancript with this piece.... "If you don't believe you can win, you've already lost" <--- Holly Holm "The preacher's daughter" before she remarkably knocked "Randa Rousey" out!! (UFC fans should be able to relate with this).
Confidence is essential in this hustle, and this thread is blessed with informations, transcripts, arguments that can raise your confidence level prior to the interview (if you can only take the time to dissect the thread from top to bottom!) That said, it goes without saying that the "US VISA" Is all about favour!
Fast forward to the night before my interview, Owing to the fact that I live on the outskirts of lagos; (off information I got off this thread) I lodged in an hotel at obalende beside methodist Church. Had a little hiccup locating the hotel cux the information I got here said "behind the Methodist church" albeit, it was "beside" not "behind".
There was a dude (can't remember his alias now) that dropped a powerful transcript including details about those intense hustlers at the embassy... they would literally offer to staple your passport photograph on all your documents!(ignore'em). Don't bother coming with your phones and gadgets; just leave it in your car or hotel room as the case was with me.
See, the interview process is really intense, boy shit is real in there! I honestly can't imagine how I would have fared if I wasn't acquainted with this thread! really can't blame some peeps for flopping! These americans are very direct, and throwing questions at you and cutting you in between your responses!
You gotta be able to be able to think on your feet and read body languages! Again off information I got on this thread, I did a mild research on American body languages prior my interview.

I noticed while we were waiting on the V.Os after biometrics, the first V.O to take her seat(window 7) was having a "small talk" with another employee(Nigerian, but not a V.O) and she seemed really nice. I wished in my heart that she would be the one to interview me. After a while they ushered us into a queue to face the V.Os. I was initially in a short queue to face the "dreaded chinese American" but as God would have it, I was told to head to window 7 as d V.O was quickly clearing out her queue with blue slips.

My transcript: at window 7(middle aged white woman with freckles)
V.O: Hello, good morning.
Me: hi ma'am. Good morning to you too with a bright smile(rehearsed this severally in the mirror, lol)
V:O: can I have your documents?
Me:absolutely; passed the documents,
Then she proceeded to take my biometrics.
V:O: so you're going to Murray state university? How did you find this school?
ME: I came about murray state university after carrying out an extensive online research using Internet tools and academic websites like usnews.com to know the school's ranking and also graduatereview.com amd Princeton review.com to streamline schools to my area of interest and also to ascertain if the school meets my academic profile; goals and ambitions.

V:O: looking at me, do you have a diploma?
ME: no, i have a B.Sc, i graduated 11 months ago. (She was probably looking at me like a teenager cux I had my hair cut low. I wanted to look like a proper student)
V:O what course?
ME: SAID FISHERIES BOLDLY.
V:O fisheries?
ME: Yeah, fisheries.
V:O : so what's the relationship with fisheries and Osh?
ME: I Intend applying the principles of occupational safety and health to the commercial ocean fishing industry in nigeria.
V.O : cuts in... what's wrong with the commercial ocean fishing industry in Nigeria?
Me: well, according to ILO (International labour organisation) statistics, half the number of employers and more importantly "employees" in the commercial ocean fishing industry in Nigeria, do not have an up to date knowledge amd information about workplace health and safety. Infact, there is a generalised attitude of acceptance of injuries and accidents in the workplace as a normal part of life.

Looking at my I-20, she then said she was skeptical about my admission status.
Me: This graduate program requires me to take some prerequisite courses which are more like foundation courses as a "post baccalaureate" student for a year before I commence the masters program proper.

She kept staring at my I-20 and then told me she wasn't convinced, she then passed the I-20 to me asking me to take a look at it myself. At this point I quickly said I have an admission letter from the school, i reached for it in my folder and subtly passed it along with my I-20 back to her. (That's how she started reading and scrutinizing the letter as if her paycheck depends on it). She then told me to hold on for a minute. She went into some room for like 15mins; probably liasing with her colleague concerning my admission status, I suppose she had no real idea about it) in my mind I was just like, do anything you want but I am not returning home with my passport today! The guy behind me was like "It is well" In that moment I listened in on some interviews and poor responses but remained focus on the task at hand.

She then came back...
V:O alright, can I have your transcript?
Me: sure ma'am, passed it to her.
She resumed jerking the transcript from where she stopped with my admission letter. I noticed this and I quickly added that I also have a notification of result from my school. Without waiting for her to look up, I passed it to her. She went through that one too. As in she read it all!
Then:
V.O : okay that's good, who is sponsoring you?
Me: my aunt, she's been my academic sponsor since high school, through university and now.
V.O:.have you travelled out of Nigeria before? I guess she was looking at my ds160 now.
Me: No.
V.O : alright, then she said those magic words! Honestly I couldn't believe my ears! She returned my I-20 saying I would be needing at P.O.E plus the white slip n all the other brief lecture that goes along with it.

She gave me a smile and I returned it. I said thank you very much and merry xmas and a happy new year in advance.

Note that I was the first person she granted visa this morning. She had "delayed" three applicants before me. I stood in the middle and looked her straight in the eyes all through even when she wasn't looking at me! I really dunno where the confidence came from but I just thank God cux it was a close one. She didn't ask for bank statements or standardised test scores; I guess that's owing to the fact that she had spent a large amount of time checking out my academic qualifications. Special thanks again to Slimmy05 plus, bigfranscis, deetus, mekreus, walspring; these are the names that come to my mind at the moment but nevertheless thanks to everyone who has dropped their transcript and assisted someone one way or the other on here, you all are the real MVPS.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 02, 2015
busysammy07:

plus I fasted o!
Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 02, 2015
Congrats. You did a great job and followed this thread to the last, reading like a school boy. grin

Loved your spirit. "Never say never." You deserve a glass of wine. @busysammy07

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by busysammy07(m): 6:01am On Dec 02, 2015
DeeTus:
Congrats. You did a great job and followed this thread to the last, reading like a school boy. grin

Loved your spirit. "Never say never." You deserve a glass of wine. @busysammy07

You can say that again, chief. Thanks to you guys for the selfless service you render on here, you all deserve a glass of wine more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by penroll55(m): 6:06am On Dec 02, 2015
awe2015:

Google just answered that question...check Google!
If you don't know any you can at least pass the post,before you travelled u ask lot of questions and I guess if everyone responded to you to use Google also you won't be where you are now.
Try and help if you can because people once help you and don't because you are there now you won't still need help someday.....even slimmy05 that have been there for years still ask question.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2015
busysammy07:

You can say that again, chief. Thanks to you guys for the selfless service you render on here, you all deserve a glass of wine more.
busysammy07:

Congratulations...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by busysammy07(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2015
fregkay:
Congrats bro,I am also going to murray state university for the same course as you precisely OSHT/technician, my b.sc is civil engineering. and actually been thinking on what perfect answer to give if asked about the post bacca status.I think it was also stated on the school's website that only international student are giving the post-bacca bcecos there might still be some foundational require courses they would have to complete before they proceed for masters.you were very correct! In total your transcript is just perfect for me as It would go along way to help me by God's grace when I go for my interview this month.please,let's always relate bro.once again,congrats!

Definitely! You will get it this time around in Jesus name!! Considering you were delayed earlier, it's possible they might ask you "what is different about your case right now from before", please find something convincing to say. why I say this is cause the V.O who interviewed me asked the guy before me that question and that was the final question she asked him; Guess what? he said "Nothing"!. I said to myself "wtf?!" I felt she was giving him a window of opportunity to convince her there. That said, impossible is nothing! Go grab it!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 8:25am On Dec 02, 2015
penroll55:

If you don't know any you can at least pass the post,before you travelled u ask lot of questions and I guess if everyone responded to you to use Google also you won't be where you are now.
Try and help if you can because people once help you and don't because you are there now you won't still need help someday.....even slimmy05 that have been there for years still ask question.

Dude I did asked questions earlier but before I did i made sure I made my own research. In fact all questions i asked in this forum were interview related and sevis...etc. nothing about schools, cos i made my research to choose a school related to what i needed.

I am only giving an impression to this newbie that Google also have a way of making his question answered easily. Questions regarding cheap schools and scholarships can be well attended to by Google. It will not only make this newbie serious with his quest to study abroad, it will also make him/her less lazy when asked to make researches on Google.

I will suggest that you go and make researches, come here and pour what you've gathered so far and the gurus on here will help you decide and even provide suggestions towards that.

Who knows, maybe he doesn't even know that Google exists. The site is: www.google.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pennstate(m): 8:31am On Dec 02, 2015
Hmmmmm na wa oh, some persons comment sha. # angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 8:34am On Dec 02, 2015
busysammy07:

plus I fasted o!

Congrats bro! Now that's the spirit..reading from top to bottom... SERIOUSNESS!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 9:41am On Dec 02, 2015
Visa approved this morning around 8:00 am. 6:30 appointment Lagos.
Extremely happy.
Transcript loading.....
A lot of people were denied oo
but na God, my preparation and you guys.
Thank you all. you're all wonderful!
special thanks to slimmy05 for his answers to the questions I asked the other day!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 9:42am On Dec 02, 2015
AMEN......
fregkay:
Thanks bro,God bless you.pls,I would like to have your number or let me drop mine so u just beep me then I call you back.08085502372 thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
Extremely happy.
Transcript loading.....
special thanks to slimmy05 for his answers to the questions I asked the other day!
Congratulations! We await your transcript asap

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by haffaze777(m): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
Extremely happy.
Transcript loading.....

alhamdulilah bro,so happy for u.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 10:16am On Dec 02, 2015
Congrats bro,the lord is GOOD. We await your transcript.
mubarakopeyemi:
Extremely happy.
Transcript loading.....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by waledudu(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2015
Visa approved for my baby and wife today at Lagos embassy.
Vo: why this school
Vo: tell me about the course
Vo: when did u graduate
Vo: what have you been doing
Vo: who are you traveling with
Vo: can I see birth certificate
Vo: who is your sponsor
Vo: I will be granting you the visa pick up at...
She was delayed in November. Repackaged and went back today.
Thanks nairaland

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2015
Congrats to my friend BIGSAM got his visa approved this morning. Got it the second time! This God is wonderful. He was asked 17 questions and interviewed twice! NA GOD WIN o

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2015
My transcript. Lengthy but okay smiley

My visa was approved this morning by one lady one the last window. can't remember sha. I guess window 10. Young and should be in her late 20s or early 30s.but that lady is cute kiss

my brother drove me there and dropped me. When we got there first those guys rushed towards us offering to help but we ignored as I've been advised here. My passport photograph was okay. One guy was even telling me to staple my docs I ignored him too. I was like thank you sir grin come see guys hustling embarassed the struggle is real.

I didn't even take much documents along with me it was very few. i got there and i saw some peoples files as big as my Advanced Financial accounting textbook lol cheesy so i started to feel asif im missing something. i checked my file again (so scanty and light) and saw that ive taken all d necesary docs i need and some other little suports . Brothers and sis that one spirit just told me phuck it grin their way no be my way. i bounced on. Story cut short; we did that rigorous security check and headed into the main hall of judgment. The VOs were not there at that time but we took biometrics and settled down. Some women came with kids that are uncontrollable cheesy those playful children tho. They were just jumping around some singing, some crying, some talking. one was even singing "eminado eminado" lol we were just calm sha.

The VOs came and we queued up then people are called one after d other.
fastforwed to my turn.

me: good morning (with a smile I've rehearsed well before my mirror at home) wink
vo: *smiles back* good morning.

vo: pass Me your document please
me: Passed it. (passport, passport photo, Ds160 confirmation and I-20, as arranged by the biometric people)

vo: can you put your fingers on there please.
me: does exactly as she said.

vo: so why do you want to study in the US.
me: I want to study in the US primarily because no university here in Nigeria offers my course which is Forensic Accounting they are only offered in the US. another reason is that the standard and quality of education over there is far better than ours here (she started nodding) and I'm sure you're aware of the fact that whenever we want to go out to the US for studies our results and degree has to be evaluated. if the standards were equal there should be no need to. So that's why I'm going to study in USA

vo: okay (smiling)( I was like skibooo!) Since when did you finish secondary school?
me: 2011

vo: what have you been doing since then? looking at me directly like *make I hear your own*
me: when I graduated secondary school in 2011 I enrolled for a national diploma program in accountancy at *mentioned my school* and I finished in september 2014. I then proceeded to do my statutory Industrial training at *mentioned the firm *audit firm* in November 2014. I finished the programme this year Octover. *she nods*

vo: what did you learn there?
me: I was like (Thank you Allah) because I was so prepared for this question. I sang out my response in a perfect order. Very detailed, explanatory and also long she was nodding all through and got to a point she started smiling and nodding like she's impressed. and said okay that's good till I had to say let me stop at that lol

vo: do you have any relatives in the US?
me: no

vo: are you sure?
me: *I realised she saw in my ds 160 that my brother filed me a petition so she just wanna confirm.* I said yes none in the USA currently.

vo: oh but u once had there
me: yes

vo: who is he
me: my brother

vo: what year did he filed it?
me: 2009 and he's also here in Nigeria too.

vo: okay. that's nice. Who is your sponsor
me: my mum

vo: what does she do?
me: told her

vo: okay.. *types for about 10 secs*
me: *in my mind God help me*

vo: congratulations your visa has been approved, pick your passport at the location circled in this paper. take your i20 you'll be needing bla bla bla my mind wasnt even there again.
me: *I was at Jupiter and back during that moment for the secs I heard her beautiful message.* Thanks a lot.

I smiled and took my docs and bounced out. She didn't ask for any supports. Just those questions and I answered with long detailed responses and it worked.
she didn't ask me of any support documents.

Note:
God first: I prayed very fervently on this is thing mehn.
Confidence is key: I was bold and confident and I replied with gestures looking her directly in the eyes. The glory be to God. I was first nervous but when i answered the first question. i was calm and more confident. i summoned that courage with the speed of light lol cheesy A guy was asked why are you going to the US. he was stuttering and couldn't answer straight. he was later denied. Three people first interviewed by my vo was denied. I saw that they were not very convincing and as she says that unfortunately you're not qualified thing. My heartbeat rises and chills goes through my spine whilst i hope for the best too. she approved me first there. I was very happy. .

Thanks to you all. You're the best. God bless you all.
And to those people I read their transcripts and were helpful to me too. God bless them all.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 11:30am On Dec 02, 2015
wiseman2392:

Congratulations! We await your transcript asap

I've dropped it sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2015
Good bro. Very nice. You know what 'Opeyemi' means in English, right? grin @Opeyemi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Rilwayne001: 11:57am On Dec 02, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
My transcript. Lengthy but okay smiley

My visa was approved this morning by one lady one the last window. can't remember sha. I guess window 10. Young and should be in her late 20s or early 30s.but that lady is cute kiss

Congratulations my kind sire cheesy cheesy I wish you best of luck..

Here is my 2kobo..

Please face your studies, don't follow those oyinbo girls as well as those NIGGAS (Lil wayne and co. . ) grin lool...

Wish you well smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2015
Congrats @mubarakopeyemi... This December shall favor all nairalanders in Jesus' name! Amen! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
busysammy07:

plus I fasted o!

Please is it right to answer this question: "What are you going to study in TSU" Answer: I am going for post baccalaureate program in Comp Sc.
Cos that is what is stated on my i-20. I am actually intending to go for M.Sc just like you, i already have HND Computer Sc. My HND transcript evaluation report insisted I must go for Post Bac first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by trapezius: 1:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
Congrats to those that have gotten their Visas and same to others awaiting the same testimony cuz it'll surely happen. Pls is it possible for me to register for TOEFL myself with my debit card online? Pls I need urgent response.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
DeeTus:
Good bro. Very nice. You know what 'Opeyemi' means in English, right? grin @Opeyemi.

yes o. opeyemi - Thanks is due from me. grin i try shey ? the English meaning? lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
awe2015:
Congrats @mubarakopeyemi... This December shall favor all nairalanders in Jesus' name! Amen! cheesy
thanks sire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Congratulations my kind sire cheesy cheesy I wish you best of luck..

Here is my 2kobo..

Please face your studies, don't follow those oyinbo girls as well as those NIGGAS (Lil wayne and co. . ) grin lool...

Wish you well smiley

Thanks baba. I no sabi dem nigaaz but those oyinbo girls ino fit guarantee wink

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
haffaze777:

alhamdulilah bro,so happy for u.

Thanks boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by busysammy07(m): 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
MrMann1:

Please is it right to answer this question: "What are you going to study in TSU" Answer: I am going for post baccalaureate program in Comp Sc.
Cos that is what is stated on my i-20. I am actually intending to go for M.Sc just like you, i already have HND Computer Sc. My HND transcript evaluation report insisted I must go for Post Bac first.

Yeah, I suppose you have some prerequisites to take before you commence your masters program, right? if asked, tell the V.O that with conviction. oh, just remembered I didn't include this in my transcript.... she (V.O) asked me to mention 5 prerequisite courses I would be taking; I knew them so I mentioned 6. so endeavour to do research on the courses you'd be taking cause you might be asked. Best of luck, brother.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.