Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,540 members, 7,770,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (901467 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (514) (Go Down)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
justwise:

Welcome to part 13.

I really have to thank all the contributors for making out time to answer questions here, your contributions are appreciated.

Part 13 is here for reference purposes: https://www.nairaland.com/3905661/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

You can also ask VO question in this thread started to help prospective students https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

Part 11/12 Visa Transcripts. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vv0a0sfgaysztiq/AADbiS4UG7q57b0qcFPjaPkna?dl=0

Good luck!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Observer25: 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Nice!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

While that is true, you also have the law working against you - which is that the VO has to view you/family as intending immigrants until you can prove otherwise.

I have not told him to go back to Nigeria to complete his studies (comprehension is important). Just saying that his arguments really do not hold up. America is not obligated to make sure that his family is not separated.
Whao new thread, More success stories loading.

I neither hinted nor stated America is obligated to make sure his family is not separated. America does have a law that allows his family to be united and he has every right to make use of the law. It then becomes the discretion of the the VO to issue the visa or not. Likewise, the family also has the right to make the case that one the reasons they are applying is so as not to separate the family, which is the reason for the existence of the visa category in the first place.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
I am here.
I dedicate this part to oga Twoods, the daddy freeze of the thread, God continue to enrich your medula. grin cheesy

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aanu007(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
My testimony will be on this page Ijn

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
@viktoraikay, please I need to speak with u asap , congratulations on your recent issued visa, I got admitted into AU for MBA as well, do make the deposit as well, I need to hear from u if atleast u can't ad me to my line, I add to your transcript initially, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
Time2Smile:

Whao new thread, More success stories loading.

I neither hinted nor stated America is obligated to make sure his family is not separated. America does have a law that allows his family to be united and he has every right to make use of the law. It then becomes the discretion of the the VO to issue the visa or not. Likewise, the family also has the right to make the case that one the reasons they are applying is so as not to separate the family, which is the reason for the existence of the visa category in the first place.

America has no such law. They have an F2 visa that allows you to take your family but there is no law that says that you are entitled to the F2 visa. If you went to court based on that, you will lose. As you said, it is the discretion of the VO to issue the visa... he will issue the visa based on how much ties your family has that will compel them to return to the country after your studies, not on how much the separation is hurting them.

Bottomline, a non immigrant has no rights to a US visa. That has been made clear by the courts time and time again.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ijebuboy525:
I am here.
I dedicate this part to oga Twoods, the daddy freeze of the thread, God continue to enrich your medula. grin cheesy

I had a response for you on the last thread... but as we have a new thread, i'll let sleeping dogs lie. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
Compliments of the Season ...15 days to Christmas grin

All the best to incoming part 13 visa applicants

Safe travels to our part 12 family preparing to start new journey ... and for those who have interview coming up this season ALL THE BEST .

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abimbolar: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
Part 13 is here

Fall 18 all the way!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by anuoluwapo884(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
Wow I can't believe am here also well dedicated my space to my brother and sister presently in the state hope to join you guys soon

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

I had a response for you on the last thread... but as we have a new thread, i'll let sleeping dogs lie. cheesy
I purposely called Justwise to sharply close the thread just to show you how powerful I am on NL, cos I know you was composing an epic response as usual, and that could lead to your eviction on this thread, but I don't want that to happen cos I'm a Christian #respecttheboss grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mitchely: 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2017
@ thefacelessguy:

I think Time2smile has addressed all the important points. Keep response as short and clear as possible. Also wondering why your I-20 is showing personal funds, please be prepared to answer why to the VO. For bank statements, I cant say much as I have no experience in that. All the best!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nwabu007(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
I'm here. Team Fall 2018, let's go!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Damilare5882(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
New testimonies

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aldexrio(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
@Twoods can I pm you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
@thefacelessguy

I wondering why you didn't wait and focus on fall admission instead of spring. With your profile you should be able to get full funding from begining especially since it even phd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
aldexrio:
@Twoods can I pm you

No. you can ask your question here. Many may have better insight than me with respect to your question.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

Time2smile:
I neither hinted nor stated America is obligated to make sure his family is not separated. America does have a law that allows his family to be united and he has every right to make use of the law. It then becomes the discretion of the VO to issue the visa or not. Likewise, the family also has the right to make the case that one the reasons they are applying is so as not to separate the family, which is the reason for the existence of the visa category in the first place.

America has no such law. They have an F2 visa that allows you to take your family but there is no law that says that you are entitled to the F2 visa. If you went to court based on that, you will lose. As you said, it is the discretion of the VO to issue the visa... he will issue the visa based on how much ties your family has that will compel them to return to the country after your studies, not on how much the separation is hurting them.

Bottomline, a non immigrant has no rights to a US visa. That has been made clear by the courts time and time again.

Oh man, what exactly are you not getting? Who is talking about them having a right to US visa? And where the hell does going to court come into this? You are just jumbling unrelated things. I also quoted my post for your benefit and I have to agree with your earlier assertion that comprehension is important.

If the emotional and the psychological well being of the student and his/her family is not important then why does the F2 visa exist in the first place? The home tie is one of the conditions for the Visa to be issued not reason. It is easy for you to sit behind your keyboard in the US and make highfalutin claims of what VO will do or won't do.

Bottomline, the F2 visa is part of US visa/immigration law, and the spouse and children of a student can apply for it and make their case in front of the VO lawfully, in the best way they deem fit.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by obojememe: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
God help me...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
Time2Smile:

Oh man, what exactly are you not getting? Who is talking about them having a right to US visa? And where the hell does going to court come into this? You are just jumbling unrelated things. I also quoted my post for your benefit and I have to agree with your earlier assertion that comprehension is important.

If the emotional and the psychological well being of the student and his/her family is not important then why does the F2 visa exist in the first place? The home tie is one of the conditions for the Visa to be issued not reason. It is easy for you to sit behind your keyboard in the US and make highfalutin claims of what VO will do or won't do.

Bottomline, the F2 visa is part of US visa/immigration law, and the spouse and children of a student can apply for it and make their case in front of the VO lawfully, in the best way they deem fit.

I think the problem really is you. You're looking at this issue from an emotional point of view. The US visa is not issued based on a concern for the "emotional and psychological well being of the student". It is based on a frank application of the law - do you have ties to compel you to come back or not. It is just that simple. Do you think the VO that denied his family the F2 visa earlier was not aware of how important it is for a wife and child to be with the husband/father? Yes the F2 visa was created to help families stay together during their time studying in the US. However, it was NOT created as a vehicle to help your entire family emigrate to the US... and THIS is what the VO is going to use to decide whether to issue an F2 visa or not. If he/she is not convinced that you or your family intend to return after your studies, he has the discretion to deny you the visa, which they have already done, independent of anything i have to say.

Here is the bottom line (regardless of what you think)... if family is important to you, that's not a problem. However America is not obligated to keep your family together. You can easily stay back in Nigeria and go to school there. The VO is not compelled by any law to grant any family an F2 visa. It is entirely his discretion. This is as clear as day.

There is a thread where VOs directly answer your non-immigrant visa questions, feel free to send this question there.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kindaguy(m): 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
coolGreat to be in part 13
More visa fall on US
Going for a nursing degree fall 2018
Misspezz... and co. help your boy

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tekecoms1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
The part 12 of this thread drew to a close too early because of the numbers of unnecessary arguments between TWoods and other few members.
Shalom

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
Oluwa,alagbara part 13 is here may i join them before part15 to gain my own Visa to the United states,may i join in giving advices on this thread too By part 16.na ike nke chineke kere uwa nile,may i be found worthy of the US visa and be granted...Baba i no dey rush i go take am slowly so that i no go regret chosing united states.olorun eledumare make name for urself...Goodluck to me and all others working earnestly to get the white paper...shalom!

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
May we read less back and fort arguments in part 13 cool

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
snoopylinus:
Oluwa,alagbara part 13 is here may i join them before part15 to gain my own Visa to the United states,may i join in giving advices on this thread too By part 16.na ike nke chineke kere uwa nile,may i be found worthy of the US visa and be granted...Baba i no dey rush i go take am slowly so that i no go regret chosing united states.olorun eledumare make name for urself...Goodluck to me and all others working earnestly to get the white paper...shalom!

Better planning and less prayer... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GraceofGodfollo: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
Grace of God follow me, let me have full course to glorify your holy name.. I will get my USA visa approval in jesus name .

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by comedibanker: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
Helo peeps , new to did platform

Pls who knows where I can get a good photographer to take my ds160 picture thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Saucekide25(m): 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by smartmachine(m): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
visa granted

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (514)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.