Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783959 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
akin3102:
Hello house, please can one use his naija ATM card for money order since they have banned naija ATM abroad?

Yes and no.... just go and try it, it seems you can only withdraw $1000 per month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tosynbolade(m): 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Why not visit the website of the airline directly? Especially Emirates? Emirates is quite a cheap airline to fly with and their website is http://fly4.emirates.com

Tip: flights leaving on Tuesdays or Wednesdays are often the cheapest and most expensive between Fridays and Mondays. It is best to book your flight travel date on a Tuesdays or Wednesdays to get the cheapest deals.

Thanks bro. Please is there any danger purchasing the ticket with all these third parties like bravofly, mytrip.com.The prices seem cheaper than what is on the airline website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by afolabibalogun: 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Pls I bought a ticket from wakanow on Qatar airline and the return back to lagos is supposed to be 20th January, but due to an emergency, i want to readjust the return to backward ton15th January. The ticket says date changes is permitted but I want to know if I am going to be charged and likely how much will I be charged ?
This alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Walspring:

Provided you registered on ETS website and have an account with them, just login there and click on print exam ticket or something related to it and you should be able to print it out..

ETS suppose attach a copy to you if you didn't have an account with them but I believe you should have an account with them..
I didn't register directly on the ETS site but I have an account with them. What I did was I printed the form from the ETS website then I filled it then took it to the exam centre at Aba and it was posted to the ETS office. I didn't get any confirmation code or registration number cos I tried printing and I was asked to put either confirmation code or registration number. What do I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dot1(m): 12:26am On Dec 30, 2015
@bigfrancis21 What's up bro. Congratulations on the completion of your program. You are the best. I called your phone but you no pick, those Maryland babes no go leave you alone

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dot1(m): 12:29am On Dec 30, 2015
Been a while I last dropped a message here. Still the same forum, nothing has changed, from helping each other to fighting one another, forumites, I hail o.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dot1(m): 12:35am On Dec 30, 2015
asadiaboymma:
Hello everyone!

Please I need your help very seriously and urgently.

Please give me answers to these kind of questions;

*if the VO asks a person to explain why the person wants to leave his or her job for a masters degree. Please what would be a cogent reason in respect to this kind of question

* what reason could one give if someone studied civil engineering and now decides to go for masters in petroleum engineering?

We have our own ideas but we want to be safer, so please don't ignore!
Don't get pissed.
Just kindly render a useful advise.

PLENTY GOOD HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE

THANKS EVERYONE

Ok bro, I cannot give you an answer but I can try give some hints.

For your first question, I would like to know where you are working now, a civil engineering or petroleum engineering related company? How long have you been working in that company and/or your capacity as an Engineer there?
*I left a job of 4 years to go for my Masters, so giving you some hints might be worthwhile. Though some others will tell you they left 20 years job for Masters wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ColeworldMD(m): 12:41am On Dec 30, 2015
MsNas:

cheesy sometimes you just gotta act silly and lighten up. Lol. I guess today is that day for me. I guess you thought i meant I was the Introvert. No. What I meant was that Introvert is the queen/king of front pages. So I'm copying her/him today
Silly is the new norms cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 1:03am On Dec 30, 2015
I was trying to look for a date to book,so i keep refreshing the page maybe i can get a lucky date and this what am seeing now...what an i do?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 1:35am On Dec 30, 2015
afolabibalogun:
Pls I bought a ticket from wakanow on Qatar airline and the return back to lagos is supposed to be 20th January, but due to an emergency, i want to readjust the return to backward ton15th January. The ticket says date changes is permitted but I want to know if I am going to be charged and likely how much will I be charged ?
This alot
i did that with an airline when I travelled,I was charged $150,it was in London and South Africa,I don't know if it's a fixed sum
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 30, 2015
jah101:
I was trying to look for a date to book,so i keep refreshing the page maybe i can get a lucky date and this what am seeing now...what an i do?
it's stated in the message. What else Do you want to hear. Wait till the next day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 2:13am On Dec 30, 2015
tosynbolade:

Thanks bro. Please is there any danger purchasing the ticket with all these third parties like bravofly, mytrip.com.The prices seem cheaper than what is on the airline website

If you find the prices cheaper on those websites, sure you can go ahead and book with them,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 2:22am On Dec 30, 2015
Dot1:
@bigfrancis21 What's up bro. Congratulations on the completion of your program. You are the best. I called you line but you no pick, those Maryland babes no go leave you alone

I'm just seeing this now. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bukunmmy(m): 2:59am On Dec 30, 2015
Gudmorning Gurus........ like have said in my early post am a silent follower of dis thread and I always appreciate every post from every "GURUS" Please i really need your help. I have a Higher National Diploma Certificate in Mass Communication (3.38/5.00). I will like to go for a Master Degree in Global Media and Communication Studies from any School in US by September 2016, I need you guys to put me true on how to go about it, then if i can use my Higher National Diploma (HND) to apply for Masters direct or first go for PGD, please guide me in choosing universities to apply to, then the documents that i may need to provide and all other necessary info. Though have Registered for IELTS which I will take d Exam coming Month January 23rd precisely. Thanks may the Lord lead us to our Promise Land. (Amen)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 30, 2015
bukunmmy:
Gudmorning Gurus........ like have said in my early post am a silent follower of dis thread and I always appreciate every post from every "GURUS" Please i really need your help. I have a Higher National Diploma Certificate in Mass Communication (3.38/5.00). I will like to go for a Master Degree in Global Media and Communication Studies from any School in US by September 2016, I need you guys to put me true on how to go about it, then if i can use my Higher National Diploma (HND) to apply for Masters direct or first go for PGD, please guide me in choosing universities to apply to, then the documents that i may need to provide and all other necessary info. Though have Registered for IELTS which I will take d Exam coming Month January 23rd precisely. Thanks may the Lord lead us to our Promise Land. (Amen)
can you write GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bukunmmy(m): 3:50am On Dec 30, 2015
slimmy05:
can you write GRE?

Thanks Boss...... will GRE give me upper hand beside what are the process for registering for GRE and is IELTS not recognise in US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BannyE: 4:07am On Dec 30, 2015
jah101:
Hello Guruss in the House,Visa was Denied today at Lagos Embassy,Window 2.

Vo:Goodmorning
Me:Goodmorning sir,
Vo:so pass me your documents
Me:i passed it with smiles
Vo:so what are you going to do in the US?
Me:i am going to complete my Barchelors degree in information Technology.
Vo:oh you are currently Enroll
Me:Yes,in the st lucia Campus
Vo:So do you have your Transcript?
Me:Yes i have it with me,would you like to see it?
Vo:Yes please
Me:i passed it,he started looking at it
Vo:so what courses have you been takingg,
Me:i mentioned about 5courses have taken since i started my program.
Vo:No,i meant the courses you took last semester.
Me;ohhh okay,so i mentioned 3 courses,but then it was taking me long to remember the courses so I mentioned 3courses out of 5 fpurses that i did that i can remember while he kept on looking at my transcript nd typing.
Vo:so what semester are you now?
Me:4th and my January semester would make it my 5th semester
Vo:ohhh 5th semster
Me:yes
Vo:,okay,so what courses will you be taking next semester?
Me:i listed about 3 IT courses i know i will register for because i dont know what courses i will be taking yet.
Vo:okay so tell me why do you want to transfer from the st lucia canpus to the Newyork and where is this campus?
Me: we have about 4 different campuses,3 if them are located in newyork and the 4th is in st Lucia which am currently enrolled and i am transfering because of my gPA last semester which i was on the presidential list and the school gave an option to every students on both the presidential and Deans List if they would like to transfer and i choose the option to transfer so i can take my major courses on site for better. Understanding and this would also give me the opportunity to meet up with my collegues who we have been working on a project online.
Vo:so why cant you take this courses online? Why do you want to transfer?
Me:this courses are major courses that requires alot of Physical Practicals whereby if i take it on site i will have a better understanding of this course.
Vo:keep typing
Me and i just de pray to God but i don de confused,and i didnt stopped looking at him.
Vo:You would have to reapply,i cant grant your visa at this time,please kindly Reapply when you have Enough Information for me.

Note:Plsss gurus tell me where i went wrong or what information I didn't explain to him in Depth,cos an confused,i think i explained In details alot...But well kindly tell me your opinion about my interview and tell me anything am missing

HAVE ALSO PAID ANOTHER APPOINTMENT FEE I PLANNED TO RE APLLY and is it possible fot me to Get it This Time??And can i get an Emegency Appointment after been denied?....I hope that is a good step?school resume Jan 19 2016

Chai the thing pain me gann cos i just got back from st lucia yesterday from a long flight and this is what i get Denial...But i still believe in God in all Do.

Sorry to read about your denial. My observation in regards to ur own explanation is that you could not give a cogent reason why u wanted a transfer to a U.S. Uni. U need to do a research on the U.S. Uni and get the educational benefit that exist there that ur St. Lucia Uni can't provide for you.
You still have a good opportunity of getting ur application approved.
I wish u all the best in ur next interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 30, 2015
bukunmmy:

Thanks Boss...... will GRE give me upper hand beside what are the process for registering for GRE and is IELTS not recognise in US
try and read the GRE thread. You'll get better information. My school had Professional Communication with concentration in Strategic Communication. It's a nice program, and you can get funding. They accept HND or you can search for schools that accept WES and evaluate your OND and HND transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bukunmmy(m): 6:34am On Dec 30, 2015
slimmy05:
try and read the GRE thread. You'll get better information. My school had Professional Communication with concentration in Strategic Communication. It's a nice program, and you can get funding. They accept HND or you can search for schools that accept WES and evaluate your OND and HND transcript.

Alright Boss............ Pls what is the name of ur School give me dia site maybe I can see more interesting course on Communication too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lobito007(m): 8:50am On Dec 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Checkout Minnesota State University (lotta Nigerians there because it is affordable, and they easily offer in-state tuition remission, thus reducing your tuition by half), North Carolina A&T University and University of Texas Austin.
Really, bro? Univ of Texas Austin is easy to get in, and cheap? I take the high ranking to mean it will be extremely competitive to get in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by andyonyenkem: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2015
Please gurus in the house. Is it advisable to apply for biology in the US school with plans to study veterinary medicine?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oxygen9gs: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2015
Thank you.
jimtosam:

You got good profile man...You must be very smart..pls,take your time,write toefl and pick the best school that offer you best assistantship or fellowship..University of Colorado is a nice place to be and it won't be a bad idea if you also try Colorado school of mines.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 10:06am On Dec 30, 2015
hello guys who has made use of their GTB Mastercard for dollar payment. I had like to know what they are charging presently ....naira/1dollar.

thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2015
dicapino:
hello guys who has made use of their GTB Mastercard for dollar payment. I had like to know what they are charging presently ....naira/1dollar.

thanks.
I used GTB master card on the 21st of this month (December) and I was charged #8,099.85 for 30dollars. (You may want to do the math yourself grin)
I get far cheaper rates with my FCMB card.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by asadiaboymma: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Five years working experience

The company deals more in civil engineering

Please I pm u, reply via mail for more details

Thanks alot

Ok bro, I cannot give you an answer but I can try give some hints.

For your first question, I would like to know where you are working now, a civil engineering or petroleum engineering related company? How long have you been working in that company and/or your capacity as an Engineer there?
*I left a job of 4 years to go for my Masters, so giving you some hints might be worthwhile. Though some others will tell you they left 20 years job for Masters wink[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
fizzile:
I didn't register directly on the ETS site but I have an account with them. What I did was I printed the form from the ETS website then I filled it then took it to the exam centre at Aba and it was posted to the ETS office. I didn't get any confirmation code or registration number cos I tried printing and I was asked to put either confirmation code or registration number. What do I do?

Login to you page and look at the right side of you page menu towards middle of the screen, you will see print confirmation code or exam ticket, just insert the code and you will see your confirmation page or exam ticket after clocking submit..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
I am trying to re-apply. Please what is the next step after visa payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2015
anikemoses:
hey bro,just a little correction,stapling of passport photo to ds-160 is not accepted by the embassy,it's just a side hussle those guys outside the embassy use to hoodwink applicants...except the rules has changed recently
not sure abt dat..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by emmanuel04: 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
slimmy05:
it's stated in the message. What else Do you want to hear. Wait till the next day.

Like seriously, u just made my day slimmy..... I don't talk coz I Be jjc but I have to say kudos for the answer u gave him..... Wait till tomorrow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
Pls friends can an expedited/emergency appointment be rescheduled??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
MrMann1:
I am trying to re-apply. Please what is the next step after visa payment.

Please is it OK to write my passport number on the National Identification Number while filling a new application
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kpolli(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
I was in the US Embassy today and heard a lot of you students during your interviews..... Was not shocked that most were denied because a lot of them were scared and either forgot their recited answers or sounded too much like machines that they knew you had recited it....

Best advice: relax, talk and say the truth.... You don't need to cram, Consular officers are humans too.... And please show you're serious about schooling by applying to more than one university

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.