Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785016 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 07, 2016
Na wa o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 1:17am On Apr 07, 2016
sirRiddy:

I have heard some schools have no application fees. I don't know of any. Try Google and read previous pages of this thread for such. Some schools do waive Toefl for Nigerian students. Most graduate schools actually ask for either the GRE or gmat tests. GRE is 205 dollars and TOEFL is 180. Transcripts would be sent by your undergraduate institution to the schools you are applying to. Letters would be sent by your lecturers in your undergraduate department to the schools.

Read previous pages of the thread and do a lot of search online. These resources might help:
Gradcafe
Msinus.com
Magoosh
Prepcrunch
USnews.Com

Becareful with him/her. Which sorta lady lives in the island that is into exam and admission malpractices.

She probably needs the info for her client

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 1:23am On Apr 07, 2016
haffikem:
hello,

anyone got a internship offer or interview in the just concluded NSBE at Boston ?

1. what are your advice on the best followup method ?

2. what are the possible things HR will ask when the interviewer says '' you"ll hear from HR soon'' ?

Thanks

1. Most people get offers right there at the convention-If you got one, just stay put...they'll contact you.
2. Was this after getting an offer? If not, it could still go both ways-for some companies, that's their way of saying thank you but we won't be hiring you. For others, it means they'll discuss your profile with HR and then HR will probably follow up with some behavioral questions..and then you might get an offer.
Another question will be, did you get your interviewer's contact information/card/email?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 07, 2016
Mayflowa:

Becareful with him/her. Which sorta lady lives in the island that is into exam and admission malpractices.

She probably needs the info for her client
Lol. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by haffikem(m): 2:09am On Apr 07, 2016
biikeys:

1. Most people get offers right there at the convention-If you got one, just stay put...they'll contact you.
2. Was this after getting an offer? If not, it could still go both ways-for some companies, that's their way of saying thank you but we won't be hiring you. For others, it means they'll discuss your profile with HR and then HR will probably follow up with some behavioral questions..and then you might get an offer.
Another question will be, did you get your interviewer's contact information/card/email?

its for an internship position.

i contacted the hiring managers that interviewed me and they confirmed recommending me to HR for my offer.

i just wanted to be sure, and hear views of people that have similar experience as companies differ in hiring process.

a friend of mine in Texas got an offer at the spot with Thermofisher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oye2016: 6:16am On Apr 07, 2016
Just got my IELTS result R 6, W 5.5, S 7, L 8.5. Can i apply for Canadian or Australian immigration with these scores

overall band score 7.0

Any tips, advice and suggestions are all welcome.

Thank you all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 07, 2016
oye2016:

Just got my IELTS result R 6, W 5.5, S 7, L 8.5. Can i apply for Canadian or Australian immigration with these scores

overall band score 7.0

Any tips, advice and suggestions are all welcome.

Thank you all!

Bros...can you see the title of the thread you are on? Meanwhile, you've already posted in the Australia thread and probably the canada thread as well. Please just post in the relevant threads so things can be orderly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oye2016: 6:31am On Apr 07, 2016
Thanks noted.

any advice

Fortissimo:

Bros...can you see the title of the thread you are on? Meanwhile, you've already posted in the Australia thread and probably the canada thread as well. Please just post in the relevant threads so things can be orderly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 6:55am On Apr 07, 2016
Please send to me too.
efe627@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks

don4ye:

What is your email I can send it to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by roblance: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2016
Pls can someone elaborate on SEVIS FEES? Is it paid by all students or exchange students only. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oye2016: 9:08am On Apr 07, 2016
thanks Noted.

any advice or suggestion

Fortissimo:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olenime(m): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2016
don4ye:
Pls has anyone experience this when trying to make payment for appointment ? (No valid record can be found". )
you got a mail broe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2016
olenime:

you got a mail broe.

Replied boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by calfavour(f): 10:41am On Apr 07, 2016
Please Don4ye, send to me too at natureangelu@yahoo.ca
don4ye:

What is your email I can send it to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2016
calfavour:
Please Don4ye, send to me too at natureangelu@yahoo.ca

Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
SirRiddy is now a VO.... Kikikikiki grin grin grin cheesy angry sad grin shocked grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sharlorhm(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
biikeys:

where in MD?
Laurel sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
gunther6:
SirRiddy is now a VO.... Kikikikiki grin grin grin cheesy angry sad grin shocked grin
A.boki tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by baodium: 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
acadollar:

Hi, I messaged your school about enrolling for nursing program( taking pre requisite courses).

I hope to get feedback from them but if you have any info about that, please let me know

I really don't know much about the nursing program but I have a friend that is currently enrolled in the program (maybe I can introduce you to her). BtW, if you don't get any feedback, just send them a reminder email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Professor554: 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hello guys. Please how much does GTbank now charges for the MRV fee? For student visa.
Regards!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by baodium: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
slystanley:

Are you at southern Arkansas university, magnolia, please if yes, I will really need you, I got admitted for fall session, they have dispatched my i20. Am praying and hoping the interview will be a success

I am at UALR. Don't fret, your interview will be alright. Here are some quick tips:
1) Make sure you read the interview transcripts on this thread (I think there is a compiled PDF version - if going through the thread seems daunting - just ask the folks around here)

2) If possible try to read (or memorise) what you filled in your DS 160 before going for the interview

3) Be calm and speak confidently, it doesn't hurt to say errm or be quiet once in awhile, if you arent sure (just give intelligent responses, smile and look at the VO in the eyes).

4) Make sure you dot the i's and cross the t's as regards the instructions you were given.

5) If at any point you are not sure of anything, please ask (trust me, it will save you so much stress).

6) Don't be intimidated by the amount of denials (Just believe in yourself).

I wish you the very best.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Professor554:
Hello guys. Please how much does GTbank now charges for the MRV fee? For student visa.
Regards!

N31, 520
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by roblance: 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
@baodium kindly help clear this sevis isssue am facing o. Am a new applicant. Someone metioned sevis fee earlier. Is it compusory for me to pay this after receiving the i20?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
roblance:
@baodium kindly help clear this sevis isssue am facing o. Am a new applicant. Someone metioned sevis fee earlier. Is it compusory for me to pay this after receiving the i20?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by calfavour(f): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
I have forwarded to you

electronic:

pls send to this email too
wisecircuit@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
haffikem:

its for an internship position.

i contacted the hiring managers that interviewed me and they confirmed recommending me to HR for my offer.

i just wanted to be sure, and hear views of people that have similar experience as companies differ in hiring process.

a friend of mine in Texas got an offer at the spot with Thermofisher.

Well..good for you. While you wait for their call/email, keep applying to other companies too. You might get a better offer somewhere else. It saves most of those companies time and cost to interview and hire people at those events..plus there are typically lots of good candidates there too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.