Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784487 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Amother4life: 3:06am On Nov 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Adjustment by marriage is the only green card route that forgives an individual's past 'sins'. For this route, one's past transgressions are overlooked except for very serious cases such as terrorist attack attempts etc. This explains why people jump the borders and enter the US illegally, get married to a citizen and still obtain their papers despite illegal entry into the country being a very serious and punishable offense otherwise.

No, that will not be an issue. Please be careful about the kind of advise you give out here so as to not spread false information.

What exactly is the false information Mr USCIS officer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 3:42am On Nov 03, 2015
Amother4life:

When you enter the US, an immigration officer at the port of entry will issue you an I-94 card that indicates your non-immigrant status (F1) and your authorized stay. It is typically “Duration of Status” or “D/S” on a student’s I-94 card, meaning that you may remain in the U.S. as long as you are enrolled in the school to complete your academic program. After the program ends you will have 60 days to depart the U.S.
So, @Slimmy05 what legal basis does he have to remain in the Country? You think the immigration folks will not become suspicious that someone who is out of status and from a high fraud country happens to want to get married? You think the CBP officers who turned back his parents did not access his records and red flag his file?

This is totally unnecessary. The major issue in adjusting status by marriage is simply proving that your marriage is genuine. Your current status at that time, whatsoever, is totally irrelevant.

It is my correct guess you are not familiar with the US system.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:44am On Nov 03, 2015
@Casalucky, anything the matter? Sorry I am not able to reply pms on Nairaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 3:45am On Nov 03, 2015
exxy:
How can one search for guaranteed Internships or how do i begin my search for internships, any idea pls let me know. thanks
Zeezahbee and others help out.
Hi exxy, am just seeing this. Are you about to start internship or you are just planning ahead. I know some schools do help students, your professor can hook you guys up. It's sometimes not hard to get depending on your course and the state you live in. Ask your classmates about where they plan to apply to, Google online, offer to help your professor do stuffs. Finally , if you can't find anything related to your course, then u will find other jobs in town.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 3:46am On Nov 03, 2015
musabones:
Hello everyone,

I know my question doesn't relate to student ish but I need help in getting answer to this. My parent were visiting me in the US this weekend but they were sent back to Nigeria because the immigration officer called my school to know if I'm still a student at the Sch which unfortunately I'm not in Sch this semester. This is the last thing I expected them to do, but however it has happen and I'm looking for a solution for my parent to be here by nxt year. Already, I just got married to an akata girl and I haven't just put my paperwork in. My question here is that will it be possible for them to visit me again at any point in time when I'm a greencard holder, or when I will graduating? I know I messed up I will really appreciate your help.

Inviting your parents when you must have obtained your residency makes it easier then as your status has changed. Because you will be adjusting by marriage, I suppose, your past illegal status in the country is overlooked and you should be able to invite your parents just fine.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 3:49am On Nov 03, 2015
Amother4life:

What exactly is the false information Mr USCIS officer?
you are actually wrong. Getting married nullifies all your illegals . Usa believes in love. Even those who came with visiting always get approval for AOS. As long as you can prove you guys are real and you stay married for 2-3 years, then you get your stuffs.

This is not something to argue about, it's an open fact to everyone who live in the USA .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Amother4life: 3:55am On Nov 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

This is totally unnecessary. The major issue in adjusting status by marriage is simply proving that your marriage is genuine. Your current status at that time, whatsoever, is totally irrelevant.

It is my correct guess you are not familiar with the US system.

Marrying a citizen does not automatically get your AOS approved. If it was that easy there would not be 11million illegals currently in the states. Your AOS can be denied and the applicant ordered removed from the country. If you want several examples I am willing to provide.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Amother4life: 4:04am On Nov 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
you are actually wrong. Getting married nullifies all your illegals . Usa believes in love. Even those who came with visiting always get approval for AOS. As long as you can prove you guys are real and you stay married for 2-3 years, then you get your stuffs.

This is not something to argue about, it's an open fact to everyone who live in the USA .

Falsely claiming to be a US Citizen is a lifetime ban from the US with no chance at a waiver. So, not all your illegals are forgiven.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 03, 2015
Amother4life:

Marrying a citizen does not automatically get your AOS approved. If it was that easy there would not be 11million illegals currently in the states. Your AOS can be denied and the applicant ordered removed from the country. If you want several examples I am willing to provide.
Why not simply learn rather keep exposing your ignorance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Amother4life: 4:26am On Nov 03, 2015
slimmy05:
Why not simply learn rather keep exposing your ignorance.
You must be a clown.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Amother4life:

You must be a clown.
I've known you to be a very rude person. Why not concentrate on improving your marketing skills on the birthing thread. Keep exposing your crass ignorance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 5:17am On Nov 03, 2015
undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 5:18am On Nov 03, 2015
Amother4life:

Falsely claiming to be a US Citizen is a lifetime ban from the US with no chance at a waiver. So, not all your illegals are forgiven.
you are saying something else again, the illegals I mean is just only overstaying your visa or running out of status. That's what we are talking about here.
Anyways , to the real poster , you can submit your document for AOS and then bring your parents in afterwards.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 5:25am On Nov 03, 2015
Amother4life:

this is broad daylight ignorance. If you have your facts, post the links. Don't post hearsay stories. Those people who were deported actually did sham marriage and they didnt cover their tracks well and even at that USA would never deport them. You still got d chance to even remarry and file a new AOS. Just prove it and you get it.

Usa will never deport anyone for getting married.

If any of your friend or whoever has been denied AOS, then ask them for the truth of the matter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 6:02am On Nov 03, 2015
slimmy05:
You knew you were out of status and illegal yet you invited your parents. Well, when you finally get your green card, you and your wife can file for them or invite them to visit you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 6:03am On Nov 03, 2015
slimmy05:
You knew you were out of status and illegal yet you invited your parents. Well, when you finally get your green card, you and your wife can file for them or invite them to visit you.

Which takes from a minimum 5 -10 years. The guy eff up big time. What a mistake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by musabones: 7:05am On Nov 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Inviting your parents when you must have obtained your residency makes it easier then as your status has changed. Because you will be adjusting by marriage, I suppose, your past illegal status in the country is overlooked and you should be able to invite your parents just fine.

Thanks a lot bigfrancis21, you actually gave me hope now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Adjustment by marriage is the only green card route that forgives an individual's past 'sins'. For this route, one's past transgressions are overlooked except for very serious cases such as terrorist attack attempts etc. This explains why people jump the borders and enter the US illegally, get married to a citizen and still obtain their papers despite illegal entry into the country being a very serious and punishable offense otherwise.

No, that will not be an issue. Please be careful about the kind of advise you give out here so as to not spread false information.

Any process that results in an individual becoming a legal permanent resident or citizen of the United States essentially absolves them of their past 'sins.' Waivers, however, are only available for certain categories of relationships. Children, parents, and spouses qualify to apply for most waivers.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
this is broad daylight ignorance. If you have your facts, post the links. Don't post hearsay stories. Those people who were deported actually did sham marriage and they didnt cover their tracks well and even at that USA would never deport them. You still got d chance to even remarry and file a new AOS. Just prove it and you get it.

Usa will never deport anyone for getting married.

If any of your friend or whoever has been denied AOS, then ask them for the truth of the matter.

If you are ineligible under 6C2 (false claim to U.S. citizenship) there is no waiver... so yeah, it's true, they wouldn't be able to adjust status.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 7:15am On Nov 03, 2015
Lagos NIV,

I think you should make this issue of "sins forgiven" clear so people don't get confused.

The USCIS states that illegal immigrants "who jumped the fence", who were not inspected by the border officials, were not admitted, or paroled into the United States do not qualify for AOS. In this case, I would say their past sins are not forgiven.

Unless they go back to their home country to file(?)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 03, 2015
OjaP:
Lagos NIV,

I think you should make this issue of "sins forgiven" clear so people don't get confused.

The USCIS states that illegal immigrants "who jumped the fence", who were not inspected by the border officials, were not admitted, or paroled into the United States do not qualify for AOS. In this case, I would say their past sins are not forgiven.

Unless they go back to their home country to file(?)

Right... and they are not legal permanent residents or U.S. citizens.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 7:24am On Nov 03, 2015
LagosNIV:

Right... and they are not legal permanent residents or U.S. citizens.

Yes.... and a U.S citizen or LPR can't file for someone who jumped the fence or wasn't inspected at the border to adjust status while in the USA.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 03, 2015
OjaP:

Yes.... and a U.S citizen or LPR can't file for someone who jumped the fence or wasn't inspected at the border to adjust status while in the USA.

Thank you.

I think perhaps you should re-read what I wrote because you don't seem to understand. It doesn't absolve someone else's sins, it absolves their owns. I.e. prior ineligibilities are no longer of concern once they gain status as a LPR or U.S. citizen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2015
LagosNIV:

Any process that results in an individual becoming a legal permanent resident or citizen of the United States essentially absolves them of their past 'sins.' Waivers, however, are only available for certain categories of relationships. Children, parents, and spouses qualify to apply for most waivers.

The keyword there was 'results.'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Amother4life:

You're technically right. It all depends on one's circumstance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2015
OjaP:

Thank you.
LagosNIV:

The keyword there was 'results.'

The keyword in my comment above was "Yes" meaning I agreed with you but also raising another point.

I only asked for you to also talk about the issue of past sins forgiven for people who weren't inspected at the border and who wants to adjust status in America. I asked you to explain better so people don't get it twisted since the subject of discussion was "you can get married and adjust status even if you jumped the fence". You get?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 7:36am On Nov 03, 2015
Please i need any earliest available date for my friend!!!! All i can see there is December 8th sad and his school resumes on the 8th of January, 2016

What should I do embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 03, 2015
awe2015:
Please i need any earliest available date for my friend!!!! All i can see there is December 8th sad and his school resumes on the 8th of January, 2016

What should I do embarassed
Obviously, December is not bad at all for F-1 visas. However, he can log on to the website and stay online from 12:30-15:30pm Nigerian time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2015
Please, I am trying to make payment for SEVIS, I never knew they do not accept cards, I have already funded my VISA card in readiness to pay o. I just discovered this morning that I can't use a credit/debit card to make payment. Guys please what do I do? Help me o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by IIZER29: 11:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Just got my F1 visa approved this morning for my masters. Glory be to God. I go to the US every summer & never violated my visa stay so i felt extremely confident for the interview. I went in with no rehearsed answers whatsoever. Here's a summary of the transcript

Vo: Good Morning.
Me: Good Morning (with a nice grin)

Vo: Please hand the documents
Me: Sure (handed him the documents)

Vo: *types on his computer for a few seconds*
Me: * waiting *

* Scans 4 fingers *

Vo: So is this a new course or same course
Me: It is a new course

Vo: Why this course
Me: It will give me an in depth knowledge of the business side of engineering. (I always answered briefly with a smile)

Vo: What course did i do for my bachelors
Me: __________ Engineering

Vo: Where did i do my bachelors US or Nigeria ?
Me: I did it in the uk.

Vo: Why ______ University ?
Me: Its a private research university well known for its business & engineering programs.

Vo: How did i find it ?
Me: Google (with a huge grin lol)

Vo: Where else did you apply to ?
Me: *named all 5 schools i applied to in texas*

Vo: Why all in texas (With a smile)
Me: Many Top engineering/business schools are in texas. plus, i have a few friends studying there as well. (my longest answer. plus, all said with smile smiley )

Vo: When did i graduate ?
Me: This year.

Vo: Do i have any family members in the us ?
Me: No family, Just friends.

Vo:Have i been to america before ?
Me: Oh yes, I go there every summer for holiday.

Vo: Who will be sponsoring you ?
Me: My parents, Mum & Dad.

*types for a few seconds*
Vo: Your Visa has been approved. You can pick it up in 2-3 business day
Me: Thank You

The key I feel is CONFIDENCE. The VO's are only human like you. Just be confident & assured when answering the questions. Also try keeping eye contact. The guy before me had his visa denied because he was so slow & timid in answering his questions. He could not even give a valid reason why he chose his university. I honestly felt bad for the guy. Anyway, Goodluck to anyone having their interviews soon & in the future.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by newstudenthere(m): 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
IIZER29:
Just got my F1 visa approved this morning for my masters. Glory be to God. I go to the US every summer & never violated my visa stay so i felt extremely confident for the interview. I went in with no rehearsed answers whatsoever. Here's a summary of the transcript

Vo: Good Morning.
Me: Good Morning (with a nice grin)

Vo: Please hand the documents
Me: Sure (handed him the documents)

Vo: *types on his computer for a few seconds*
Me: * waiting *

* Scans 4 fingers *

Vo: So is this a new course or same course
Me: It is a new course

Vo: Why this course
Me: It will give me an in depth knowledge of the business side of engineering. (I always answered briefly with a smile)

Vo: What course did i do for my bachelors
Me: __________ Engineering

Vo: Where did i do my bachelors US or Nigeria ?
Me: I did it in the uk.

Vo: Why ______ University ?
Me: Its a private research university well known for its business & engineering programs.

Vo: How did i find it ?
Me: Google (with a huge grin lol)

Vo: Where else did you apply to ?
Me: *named all 5 schools i applied to in texas*

Vo: Why all in texas (With a smile)
Me: Many Top engineering/business schools are in texas. plus, i have a few friends studying there as well. (my longest answer. plus, all said with smile smiley )

Vo: When did i graduate ?
Me: This year.

Vo: Do i have any family members in the us ?
Me: No family, Just friends.

Vo:Have i been to america before ?
Me: Oh yes, I go there every summer for holiday.

Vo: Who will be sponsoring you ?
Me: My parents, Mum & Dad.

*types for a few seconds*
Vo: Your Visa has been approved. You can pick it up in 2-3 business day
Me: Thank You

The key I feel is CONFIDENCE. The VO's are only human like you. Just be confident & assured when answering the questions. Also try keeping eye contact. The guy before me had his visa denied because he was so slow & timid in answering his questions. He could not even give a valid reason why he chose his university. I honestly felt bad for the guy. Anyway, Goodluck to anyone having their interviews soon & in the future.
Congratulations.........

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.