Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039989 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 28, 2015
ohaveez:

Well about the campuses, thr sarnia campus is the best cos the toronto campus aint as big as the one in sarnia and again the sarnia is thr main campus. but any which way your choice is the best for you

thanks for the info. i think the most important thing here is the course that i want to study which i chose correctly.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vinci500: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Why we love Canada!
Canada2016 who's with me?

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by clow(m): 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
Please anyone in the house I have an important question to ask I intend applying for a student visa I have all the ddocuments ready but the thing is that after graduation from uni I collected my university transcript but later misplaaced it but the good thing is that I made a scan copy of the trasnscript, so my question is now that I want to apply can I print out the scanned copy and bmit woth other documents or do I have to reaply for another of my transcript from school and submit it instsead oF submitting the printed copy to the embassy..please your answer would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vinci500: 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
You can use the scanned copy!
clow:
Please anyone in the house I have an important question to ask I intend applying for a student visa I have all the ddocuments ready but the thing is that after graduation from uni I collected my university transcript but later misplaaced it but the good thing is that I made a scan copy of the trasnscript, so my question is now that I want to apply can I print out the scanned copy and bmit woth other documents or do I have to reaply for another of my transcript from school and submit it instsead oF submitting the printed copy to the embassy..please your answer would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by clow(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
vinci500:
You can use the scanned copy!

Thanks man..really appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
clow:
Print out the scanned copy, get in touch with the school,if they will accept it or you do certify true copy.. Unless you go back with it to your u.g school to have another copy... Are you satisfy..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
burrytee:
Hello house.am trying to compile my ca docum after i got d admissn offer from d school.one headache is the letter of introduction from my employer.though I have access to the letterhead but my fear is their altitude should they hear of the development.
my employer would reason somthing else.pls is there anything I could do on these letter knowing fully well have been with the firm for three years.
You need to persuade him/her... You will get it, let him write it and signs with company stamp. Ok...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hi all, Is inclusion of Statement of purpose compulsory for paper Visa application? Secondly, can one apply against January now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
SOP is VERY important when applying for ur visa with specific explanations on how ur area of interest will contribute to the economy of ur country when u return back. It is very very late to apply for Jan intake. It takes 3-6months to process. I will advise you defer the admission.

Kenyata:
Hi all, Is inclusion of Statement of purpose compulsory for paper Visa application? Secondly, can one apply against January now?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SailorXY: 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
Kenyata:
Some people get their student visas without SOPs attached, especially undergrad degrees.
It's not as stern as it has been made to look here.
If you have some documents attached which you believe might be confusing to the VO, then an SOP can be used to make brief explanations. Concise & straight to the point is better, not essays from 1960!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
Naykay:
SOP is VERY important when applying for ur visa with specific explanations on how ur area of interest will contribute to the economy of ur country when u return back. It is very very late to apply for Jan intake. It takes 3-6months to process. I will advise you defer the admission.
It's not too late to apply for January admission right now. If you have all the necessary docs ready, apply! A lot of peeps got their visa approved within one month or 6 weeks here. Apply and if you need to defer your admission, you will after your visa is approved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by clow(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
omooba2015:

Print out the scanned copy, get in touch with the school,if they will accept it or you do certify true copy.. Unless you go back with it to your u.g school to have another copy... Are you satisfy..

Thanks Bro..lol..but I'm asking just for embassy sake..My school already accepted the scanned copy..I was asking to find out if submitting my aplication along with a printed scanned copy. Of my ug transcript along with my documents to the embassy won't b a red flag..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ojayyy: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
Thefavouredgirl:
Lol! You need to relax , it's not even up to 8weeks yet .
Hello nairander.i have been following this thread for a long time now.i will like to ask a question please. My representative applied for my study permit on 19th of November and up till nw I have not received any email for biometrics.is this something to worry about. Pls I need your help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
I'm guessing your application route is online ojayyy.
It's indeed a worrisome situation and could be due to a number of reasons among which is an incorrectly filled form. I'd suggest you check the answers your agent provided to the questionnaire you see just after you log in to your MYCIC portal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
clow:

Thanks Bro..lol..but I'm asking just for embassy sake..My school already accepted the scanned copy..I was asking to find out if submitting my aplication along with a printed scanned copy. Of my ug transcript along with my documents to the embassy won't b a red flag..
If you are applying online, you can use the scanned copy like that, but if it's paper route, try and do Certify true copy off it... Be happy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
ojayyy:

Hello nairander.i have been following this thread for a long time now.i will like to ask a question please. My representative applied for my study permit on 19th of November and up till nw I have not received any email for biometrics.is this something to worry about. Pls I need your help
Check ur cic account , you must have receive a mail for biometric ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
I agree with u totally Bobola but as long as this forum is concern, the ones that got their trv in the space of one month or less did applied quite early.

Bobola86:

It's not too late to apply for January admission right now. If you have all the necessary docs ready, apply! A lot of peeps got their visa approved within one month or 6 weeks here. Apply and if you need to defer your admission, you will after your visa is approved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanbamiogbe(f): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
I can help you write statement of purpose if you want, just email me(trendy7083@yahoo.com) . My medical mail dropped yesterday. I pray for the best till my trv is approved . I submitted online Nov 3rd.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by clow(m): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
omooba2015:

If you are applying online, you can use the scanned copy like that, but if it's paper route, try and do Certify true copy off it... Be happy.

Aii Boss thanks a lot...I heard online route is much faster,hw true is that and what's d whole process like bro..sorry I'm asking too much questions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
clow:

Aii Boss thanks a lot...I heard online route is much faster,hw true is that and what's d whole process like bro..sorry I'm asking too much questions
It's depend how sweet u package your application, we have some been treated within 4-6 weeks, online and paper... If you your documents are ok,and you scan clear... Go for it. With God grace...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
clow:

It's depend how sweet u package your application, we have some been treated within 4-6 weeks, online and paper... If your documents are ok,and you scan clear... Go for it. With God grace...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lboogy: 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hello House! Please how long does it take the embassy to send an approval mail after medical done? Did anyone here use consultant practice? How long did it take them to send test results ? Did you go through physical examination ? Also dose still have cases of refusal after medicals .
Apologies for my many questions and thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lboogy: 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
I mean are there still cases of refusal after medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by senarthor(m): 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
clow:

Just print out the scan copy and submit it with it... Embassy is less concern about the standard but your school do... Is a supporting documents to embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by senarthor(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hello house, please is there any Winter January semester 2016 MUN bound student in the house? Wishing all the Medical and TRV hopeful a non controversial good news.... Always remember that only God can do it, not your dad SOA or your documents

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ojayyy: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
omooba2015:

Check ur cic account , you must have receive a mail for biometric ...
Thanks omooba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by prudentwords: 2:59am On Nov 29, 2015
I

HELLO ALL,

PLS I NEED SOME ADVISE.

I AM PACKAGING MY APPLICATION FOR A MASTERS DEGREE IN MATHEMATICS,

I READ MATHS AS UNDERGRADUATE (SECOND CLASS UPPER) AND HAVE BEEN WORKING SINCE COMPLETING NYSC IN 2001...BANK WORK.

BUT BTWN 2006 AND 2007 I DID MBA IN LASU AND WITH ALL LASU WAHALA RESULTS WERE NOT RELEASED ON TIME.

BUT IN 2012 I CHECKED AND FOUND OUT I HAD ONE RESIT WHICH I WROTE IN 2013. TILL NOW RESULT IS NOT OUT AND I DID NOT EVEN REGISTER FOR IT BEFORE WRITING BECAUSE THE PORTAL HAD PROBLEMS AND I WAS JUST ADVISED TO WRITE IT AND SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH THE RESULTS . SO RIGHT NOW I DONT HAVE AN MBA DEGREE AND DONT HAVE IDEA WAT YEAR I MAY EVENTUALLY GET ONE FROM LASU

MY QUESTION: DO I NEED TO DECLARE THIS PROGRAMME AND OBTAIN TRANSCRIPT FROM LASU AS PART OF MY EDUCATION HISTORY IN MY AAPLICATION FOR THE MASTERS DEGREE IN CANADA OR DO I JUST KEEP SILIENT. WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO DO?

I AM TRYING TO BE AS HONEST AS POSSIBLE WITH MY APPLICATION.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ojayyy: 5:57am On Nov 29, 2015
seiraries:
I'm guessing your application route is online ojayyy.
It's indeed a worrisome situation and could be due to a number of reasons among which is an incorrectly filled form. I'd suggest you check the answers your agent provided to the questionnaire you see just after you log in to your MYCIC portal.
Yea it's online and I got a confirmation from my cic that they have received my application. I'll tell my representative to send mycic details to me so I can check myself.thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 6:09am On Nov 29, 2015
prudentwords:
I

HELLO ALL,

PLS I NEED SOME ADVISE.

I READ MATHS AS UNDERGRADUATE (SECOND CLASS UPPER) AND HAVE BEEN WORKING SINCE COMPLETING NYSC IN 2001...BANK WORK.

BUT BTWN 2006 AND 2007 I DID MBA IN LASU AND WITH ALL LASU WAHALA RESULTS WERE NOT RELEASED ON TIME.

BUT IN 2012 I CHECKED AND FOUND OUT I HAD ONE RESIT WHICH I WROTE IN 2013. TILL NOW RESULT IS NOT OUT AND I DID NOT EVEN REGISTER FOR IT BEFORE WRITING BECAUSE THE PORTAL HAD PROBLEMS AND I WAS JUST ADVISED TO WRITE IT AND SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH THE RESULTS . SO RIGHT NOW I DONT HAVE AN MBA DEGREE AND DONT HAVE IDEA WAT YEAR I MAY EVENTUALLY GET ONE FROM LASU

MY QUESTION: DO I NEED TO DECLARE THIS PROGRAMME AND OBTAIN TRANSCRIPT FROM LASU AS PART OF MY EDUCATION HISTORY IN MY AAPLICATION FOR THE MASTERS DEGREE IN CANADA OR DO I JUST KEEP SILIENT. WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO DO?

In my opinion, mentioning this will just complicate things, more especially since you still haven't been awarded the degree to date. You've been working since 2001, so I feel that's enough to convince the VO that you've not been idle. You might want to mention any certifications you've earned during your banking career too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 6:14am On Nov 29, 2015
My pleasure ojayyy. Don't fret too much. Sometimes the issue could be from CIC as well. Just ensure you have your end tidied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by romney678mitt: 7:33am On Nov 29, 2015
Hello great people.. I have a little problem and I know you guys will help me. I applied to George brown college and after sending them the scanned copy of transcript they said they need the official from my school but my school said if they want to send it themselves it's going to cost 26k which is on the high side for me. I have an option to pay 12k and collect it myself and send via EMS at Nipost because it is much more cheaper. I want to ask if I send myself through nipost will they school reject it? Im using this medium because it's against may2016. Pls urgent advice is needed. Thank you everyone and happy Sunday to you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2015
in my opinion declare LASU during your uni application. In the school i applied for they asked whether a degree was confered or not, whether you havd received your certificate or not. you can respond in the negative to these questions. that is one. on the other hand i do not onow if this would affect you in your visa app.
biko let fellow nairalanders "speak"/write on this one.goodluck
prudentwords:
I

HELLO ALL,

PLS I NEED SOME ADVISE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.