Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040038 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Holu26: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2015
romney678mitt:
Hello great people.. I have a little problem and I know you guys will help me. I applied to George brown college and after sending them the scanned copy of transcript they said they need the official from my school but my school said if they want to send it themselves it's going to cost 26k which is on the high side for me. I have an option to pay 12k and collect it myself and send via EMS at Nipost because it is much more cheaper. I want to ask if I send myself through nipost will they school reject it? Im using this medium because it's against may2016. Pls urgent advice is needed. Thank you everyone and happy Sunday to you all.

Make sure your transcript is appropriately package by your school. Collect it from your sch, take it to a courier company (Dhl, FedEx, Ems, etc) write your school name as the sender. Send it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kriss77: 11:06am On Nov 29, 2015
romney678mitt:
Hello great people.. I have a little problem and I know you guys will help me. I applied to George brown college and after sending them the scanned copy of transcript they said they need the official from my school but my school said if they want to send it themselves it's going to cost 26k which is on the high side for me. I have an option to pay 12k and collect it myself and send via EMS at Nipost because it is much more cheaper. I want to ask if I send myself through nipost will they school reject it? Im using this medium because it's against may2016. Pls urgent advice is needed. Thank you everyone and happy Sunday to you all.

Hello...My candid advice to you is that you should try and get the money and let your school send the transcript themselve...GBCollege is one of the toughest colleges in Canada...They are always very inquisitive when it comes to stuffs like this....

I'm starting a pgd prog in GBC by January according to God's will, jst waiting for pp request.

During my application I notarized d transcript I already have with me and later I have my school sent to them another one that was addressed to GBC...

Wish you good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2015
hmmm........ one of my cousins who actually was a victim of refusal after medical passed reapplied on 31st Oct. He only uploaded the medical request form he earlier got to the medical section cos he applied online. two days ago CIC updated his medical to medical passed. I believed CIC must have seen his earlier medical details cos he was worried may be he shld have requested the clinic to send him an acknowledgments of medical done in order to upload.
Still praying fervently for his pp request........so I pray for all those expecting passport request youshall get it this week in JESUS name. If you believe this say a big amen!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
AMEN

WESTERNCR:
hmmm........ one of my cousins who actually was a victim of refusal after medical passed reapplied on 31st Oct. He only uploaded the medical request form he earlier got to the medical section cos he applied online. two days ago CIC updated his medical to medical passed. I believed CIC must have seen his earlier medical details cos he was worried may be he shld have requested the clinic to send him an acknowledgments of medical done in order to upload.
Still praying fervently for his pp request........so I pray for all those expecting passport request youshall get it this week in JESUS name. If you believe this say a big amen!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour2015(f): 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
No i havent

Same situation as mine. Have u left Nigeria though?[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
Conestoga College.
hayqinsbFX:
Oh
Sorry wanted to quote @thesoj

@thesoj what school is your brother oing to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
It IS your documents and the way you package your application that for the most part gets you your TRV. I don't see the point of over-spiritualizing everything. There are many theological problems with your statement, but I won't go further in the interest of not derailing the thread.
senarthor:
Hello house, please is there any Winter January semester 2016 MUN bound student in the house? Wishing all the Medical and TRV hopeful a non controversial good news.... Always remember that only God can do it, not your dad SOA or your documents

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
For anyone who may care to know. I'm certain it's only God that grants TRV.. It's not a matter of the documents you submit. Some people have submitted good applications and they were still denied. In this same world, people with less impressive applications have been approved. Let's learn to commit everything into the hands of God and ask for his mercy. It's not by our power or might but by Gods mercy and grace (Ecclesiastes 9:11). Let's learn to put all our trust in God regardless of what we can see. That doesn't mean we shouldn't put together a good application because the same bible says faith without works is dead. Let's try to commit our ways to the Lord and I'm certain he will do it. If you truly choose to be for him, he will grant you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4) IDK of you but I serve a God that bypasses protocols. I see testimonies this week in Jesus name. AMEN

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
@Pinkcandy97
While it is fair to thank God for every outcome, getting your TRV has little to do with God.
Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world and we have been praying for our dear country for decades upon decades, yet our economy is still in the dumps. Our prayers have not changed our economy. Why? This is because you can't expect to reap where you did not put in intelligent hard work!

Getting your TRV is the same thing. True, a perfect application doesn't guarantee a TRV, but it increases the probability considerably. Night vigils won't considerably increase your chances (except maybe give you psychological confidence), in the same way as our endless prayers haven't fixed Nigeria's economy so far. Having good governance and strategic thinking (irrespective of if we pray or not) considerably increases the likelihood that we will have a better country. Same for visas. You don't have to be religious to have a successful visa application, or to have a good economy.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
romney678mitt:

School won't reject it so far the seal is not tampered with. So use NIPOST, but u should know NIPOST will take about 3 to 5 weeks. It is cheap anyway, less than 500 naira, but try and register it, so u can track it; that will cost a few hundred box but definitely the sum shouldn't be up to 1k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
thesoj:
@Pinkcandy97
While it is fair to thank God for every outcome, getting your TRV has little to do with God.
Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world and we have been praying for our dear country for decades upon decades, yet our economy is still in the dumps. Our prayers have not changed our economy. Why? This is because you can't expect to reap where you did not put in intelligent hard work!

Getting your TRV is the same thing. True, a perfect application doesn't guarantee a TRV, but it increases the probability considerably. Night vigils won't considerably increase your chances (except maybe give you psychological confidence), in the same way as our endless prayers haven't fixed Nigeria's economy so far. Having good governance and strategic thinking (irrespective of if we pray or not) considerably increases the likelihood that we will have a better country. Same for visas. You don't have to be religious to have a successful visa application, or to have a good economy.

it's funny how people suddenly become spiritual during the waiting period. We all abuse Nigerian Police and other Government agencies of bribery and corruption, but honestly we are worse than them. Because we need visa, we'll quit those things we feel ain't right, and start marathon fasting and prayer......just to get visa and return to who we were.....
I remember when I first applied, I fasted ehn? Lots of prayers. Had just one prayer point in church, Canada Visa o God! At prayer meetings too nko? Canada visa yi na ni Oluwa...... stopped secular music.....became completely gentle. After two weeks, I was called for medicals......so happy me, felt mehn, I don cheat God. After another 2 weeks I got the two annoying dispatch mails from VFS..... I was denied visa.

of course I knew what my mistake was, and don't get me wrong, I wasn't wayward or worldly, I'm a Christian and I believe in God.
so I tackled what I thought was the problem, prayed, and submitted my application, while I continued my normal life. Fasted only when I felt I should, prayed about visa only when I felt I should, not really out of fear.......true, I was a bit scared at a time.....but eventually I started doing like "CIC go do your worse". And eventually, the visa came.

It is good to trust God for everything, but believe it or not, God will not do for you what He expects you to do yourself. Play your part, and let God play His own, and the result is gonna be PERFECT.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
WESTERNCR:

that's good. I did the same, but CIC requested for medical exam, went to the medical facility, where I did my medicals, and I was told to pay 14k, as the iME of my previous app is different from the current one. Had no choice, I paid 14k. But the consolation is, it was successful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
thesoj:
@Pinkcandy97

thats why I said faith without works is dead. You can't compare Nigeria to this TRV situation because Not every Nigerian is truly serving God or even trying to keep his commandments . God destroying Sodom and Gomorah for their sins doesn't mean everyone there was bad. It just means that a larger majority of the people were corrupt and can't recieve blessings from God. That my last message is not for people who are running to God for TRV alone. I mean people who are truly serving him. He can never fail. Of this I'm sure. All you need is to pray and believe it's done. (Matthew 6:7&8 ) You might believe God has little to do with it but I know it's only God that does it. He's created the VOs minds so why are we getting all worked up . Dare to believe guys. People only receive these things by faith . Let's just try trusting God for once and see how it goes. As for those who believe they did it on their own, I pray you realize now so that God doesn't make u learn through another situation that we can't do anything on our own. Also lets not forget not to doubt because, doubting God is an insult to him. He is more than competent only if u believe

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
[/quote author=Kenyata post=40489334]Hi all, Is inclusion of Statement of purpose compulsory for paper Visa application? Secondly, can one apply against January now? [/quote]

SOP is not compulsory. If you don't have anything to explain then u don't have to write anything. It is called letter of explanation, and it is used to explain certain things to the VO. I submitted a letter of explanation in my 2nd app because I submitted the application late (about 5 weeks before the start of my program), and the only thing I explained in the letter was the reason for submitting late, which was as a result of my first visa refusal which was due to insufficient funds. I see some people write the whole biography of their lives in the Letter of Explanation, writing the same information they already filled in the form.....I am lagbaja, the last child out of the 10 children Of temedo bla blah

You dont need that honestly. Except you have things to explain. Maybe you've been working for some time before going for masters, or you're changing field of study or anything u think should be explained, so the VO can understand your situation clearly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2015
U have just said it all bro. Success is not by accident. It is planned for. Do ur best and leave to rest to God. Live ur normal life, pray when you want to, fast when you want to and all will be fine.

ayooluwatoni:

it's funny how people suddenly become spiritual during the waiting period. We all abuse Nigerian Police and other Government agencies of bribery and corruption, but honestly we are worse than them. Because we need visa, we'll quit those things we feel ain't right, and start marathon fasting and prayer......just to get visa and return to who we were.....
I remember when I first applied, I fasted ehn? Lots of prayers. Had just one prayer point in church, Canada Visa o God! At prayer meetings too nko? Canada visa yi na ni Oluwa...... stopped secular music.....became completely gentle. After two weeks, I was called for medicals......so happy me, felt mehn, I don cheat God. After another 2 weeks I got the two annoying dispatch mails from VFS..... I was denied visa.

of course I knew what my mistake was, and don't get me wrong, I wasn't wayward or worldly, I'm a Christian and I believe in God.
so I tackled what I thought was the problem, prayed, and submitted my application, while I continued my normal life. Fasted only when I felt I should, prayed about visa only when I felt I should, not really out of fear.......true, I was a bit scared at a time.....but eventually I started doing like "CIC go do your worse". And eventually, the visa came.

It is good to trust God for everything, but believe it or not, God will not do for you what He expects you to do yourself. Play your part, and let God play His own, and the result is gonna be PERFECT.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

that's good. I did the same, but CIC requested for medical exam, went to the medical facility, where I did my medicals, and I was told to pay 14k, as the iME of my previous app is different from the current one. Had no choice, I paid 14k. But the consolation is, it was successful.

Yeah.... that's a consolation bro....... if not I'll say you just lost 14k but all the same ojasope!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
WESTERNCR:

Yeah.... that's a consolation bro....... if not I'll say you just lost 14k but all the same ojasope!!!

mine was better though, someone else had to do fresh medicals, because IOM didn't agree to do what consultant practice did
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
olujastro:

I actually chose M.Eng to save myself the stress of looking for a supervisor who will hardly respond to your email. For the first application(UofM) I did, perhaps I was naive not to value the importance of a good SOP. But for the second(UofR), I'm sure it was excellent at least from the views of my former colleagues now in top US schools. The only aspect I may not be too sure of is the academic references. Of my two referees, one is a Dr. while the other is doing his PhD. Could that be an issue as opposed to using Profs? I no get Professor friends oh.

Talking about your reference letters... I hope you didnt leave yourself at the mercy of those super busy lectures. It's best practice to generate content and have them vet it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

mine was better though, someone else had to do fresh medicals, because IOM didn't agree to do what consultant practice did

that means my cousin was very lucky then cos initially I thought they will refer him back to the clinic where he did his medical
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
WESTERNCR:
Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by YeToonde(f): 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

In this convo's context, there are two categories of people. Those who seek God cos they want their visa ish to all go well, and those who seek Him and are truly His regardless of whatever! Now, because 95% (of course only God sees the heart) fall under the the first, isn't reason enough to go about judging. All you gotta do is leave them to their faith!
I would like to tell you all I had in my pop man's SOA was 5.8million and bruh I had no scholarship or whatsoever other aid! No second sponsor even! I have no reason to lie. Coming to NL, I already concluded a refusal, But look! Ofcourse, it's an unusual scenario, So what do you say to that? An error on CIC's? or God's handiwork? To me I agree with the latter but it's my visa and opinion anyway, leave me to it.
I'm saying not to be so judgemental about people's opinions cos it's theirs anyway. Faith is something that happens with people who know who they serve, believe in Him and agree that it isn't and will never be by their works! All I'm saying is without work, faith is dead, but even the best of works would get you nowhere if it ain't with God's involvement (Mercy & Grace). So calm down and respect other people's opinion if you don't agree with them cos i'm sure you'll need that tip in canada bro! #Peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
YeToonde:

In this convo's context, there are two categories of people. Those who seek God cos they want their visa ish to all go well, and those who seek Him and are truly His regardless of whatever! Now, because 95% (of course only God sees the heart) fall under the the first, isn't reason enough to go about judging. All you gotta do is leave them to their faith!
I would like to tell you all I had in my pop man's SOA was 5.8million and bruh I had no scholarship or whatsoever other aid! No second sponsor even! I have no reason to lie. Coming to NL, I already concluded a refusal, But look! Ofcourse, it's an unusual scenario, So what do you say to that? An error on CIC's? or God's handiwork? To me I agree with the latter but it's my visa and opinion anyway, leave me to it.
I'm saying not to be so judgemental about people's opinions cos it's theirs anyway. Faith is something that happens with people who know who they serve, believe in Him and agree that it isn't and will never be by their works! All I'm saying is without work, faith is dead, but even the best of works would get you nowhere if it ain't with God's involvement (Mercy & Grace). So calm down and respect other people's opinion if you don't agree with them cos i'm sure you'll need that tip in canada bro! #Peace

Babe pls tell them o. We can't cheat God. He knows the end from the beginning.If you plan on going to the Canada to go back to your old ways, don't bother expecting answered prayers. It's not our effort.. If anything our effort is secondary. God is not dead. Pray and trust without doubt. And I promise you, you'll even be surprised at your own testimony.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by YeToonde(f): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

Babe pls tell them o. We can't cheat God. He knows the end from the beginning.If you plan on going to the Canada to go back to your old ways, don't bother expecting answered prayers. It's not our effort.. If anything our effort is secondary. God is not dead. Pray and trust without doubt. And I promise you, you'll even be surprised at your own testimony.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

thats why I said faith without works is dead. You can't compare Nigeria to this TRV situation because Not every Nigerian is truly serving God or even trying to keep his commandments . God destroying Sodom and Gomorah for their sins doesn't mean everyone there was bad. It just means that a larger majority of the people were corrupt and can't recieve blessings from God. That my last message is not for people who are running to God for TRV alone. I mean people who are truly serving him. He can never fail. Of this I'm sure. All you need is to pray and believe it's done. (Matthew 6:7&8 ) You might believe God has little to do with it but I know it's only God that does it. He's created the VOs minds so why are we getting all worked up . Dare to believe guys. People only receive these things by faith.
@bolded: Nope, not true. You don't have to be religious or pious to get a visa.

Pinkcandy97:
Let's just try trusting God for once and see how it goes. As for those who believe they did it on their own,I pray you realize now so that God doesn't make u learn through another situation that we can't do anything on our own. Also lets not forget not to doubt because, doubting God is an insult to him. He is more than competent only if u believe
You are preaching the prosperity gospel, which is heavily focused on materialism. Plain and simple. God is not a vending machine. You do realize that before the last two centuries (in the 1800 years since Christianity started), a nontrivial percentage of Christians (and of everybody else) in the world died of epidemics and devastating diseases; why didn't prayer or piety fix these problems? Would you contend that they weren't pious enough?

A C.S. Lewis book called "The Problem of Pain" discusses these problems deeply and extensively; the author is a revered 21-st century theologian/professor (he wrote The Chronicles of Narnia, and other works). The theological questions of pain & suffering & natural disasters in the world are not easy to answer, but I think statements like "all you need is to pray and believe it's done" are often quoted out of context and subsequently trivialize the true complexities of suffering, Christianity/God, and human action/inaction.

Getting visas is NOT a theological endeavor. It is a completely rational endeavor that is partly affected by another human's whims (i.e. the VO).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
I still believe it's God that do all thing... I will give you an example. A close friend sis went for an interview at the US Embassy in May. While on the que to be screened for interview, The VO who has been scrutinizing everyone's documents has been denying the applicants visa, but on getting to her turn, guess what, he didn't checked any of her documents just the name of her Fiance because she is going on a K-1 visa. Guess what she was given 10 yrs on her green card... Are you still going to say that isn't God's work?
What ever the case might be when it comes to VISA aspect, We all need God's grace, mercy and favor in all things and most important part is Faith.
I wish all TRV expectant Success including myself. And to all that are yet to apply, Package your App very well and Trust in God. Que Sera Sera

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
olamitunposi:
I still believe it's God that do all thing... I will give you an example. A close friend sis went for an interview at the US Embassy in May. While on the que to be screened for interview, The VO who has been scrutinizing everyone's documents has been denying the applicants visa, but on getting to her turn, guess what, he didn't checked any of her documents just the name of her Fiance because she is going on a K-1 visa. Guess what she was given 10 yrs on her green card... Are you still going to say that isn't God's work?
What ever the case might be when it comes to VISA aspect, We all need God's grace, mercy and favor in all things and most important part is Faith.
I wish all TRV expectant Success including myself. And to all that are yet to apply, Package your App very well and Trust in God. Que Sera Sera
The bolded cannot be true, the person must have told you a beautifully embellished story or you misunderstood it. There is a separate process and application for getting a Green Card, and it is absolutely NOT possible to get a Green Card during a K-1 visa interview. I repeat, not possible. It is like saying that someone went to apply for an H-1B work visa and got a Green Card #notpossible. Or someone went to apply for B1/B2 visa and got an H1B work visa #notpossible. If such mistake is made the visa will be cancelled/modified at the port of entry. I am intimately familiar with the US immigration system and this story is a "cool story"!

Nonetheless, I disagree with your larger point that you get a visa due to favor from God. You can read my prior posts for my fleshed-out thoughts.

Apologies to everyone for derailing the thread.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
thesoj:
The bolded cannot be true, the person must have told you a beautifully embellished story or you misunderstood it. There is a separate process and application for getting a Green Card, and it is absolutely NOT possible to get a Green Card during a K-1 visa interview. I repeat, not possible. It is like saying that someone when to apply for an H-1B work visa and got a Green Card #notpossible. Or someone went to apply for B1/B2 visa and got an H1B work visa #notpossible. If such mistake is made the visa will be cancelled/modified at the port of entry. I am intimately familiar with the US immigration system and this story is a "cool story"!

Nonetheless, I disagree with your larger point that you get a visa due to favor from God. You can read my prior posts for my fleshed-out thoughts.

Apologies to everyone for derailing the thread.

Well that is all I can say about it.. And I am sure it's not a Lie. And then Her fiance is a US Soldier. And it's not what they say or heard. Maybe I did misquote the type of Visa but I am sure it's not a Student Visa nor a Visiting Visa (100%) . And the 10 yrs grant made me believe there is nothing God Can't do... And I still stand with the fact that God has the Larger percent. Either your app is perfect or not. He knows the plans He has for everyone one of us. That was why I said Que Sera Sera.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
olamitunposi:

I honestly don't expect this topic to bring argument at all. It is only a fool that will say there's no God. And of course no one receives anything except given by God. But for the fact that God approves or has given you does not mean you won't work for it. True you may not labour like others will (because the Almighty has favoured you), but it is still your responsibility to play your part. It is your responsibility to know what documents to submit, it is your responsibility to explain yourself and make the VO understand your situation. God won't come and do all these for you. After you've played your part well, then chill and see how God will perfect it all. That is my opinion. It is my belief. You don't have to agree, but that doesn't make it invalid, neither does it render your opinion invalid too. This thread was created so we all could give our opinions on issues.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
olamitunposi:

Well that is all I can say about it.. And I am sure it's not a Lie. And then Her fiance is a US Soldier. And it's not what they say or heard. Maybe I did misquote the type of Visa but I am sure it's not a Student Visa nor a Visiting Visa (100%) . And the 10 yrs grant made me believe there is nothing God Can't do... And I still stand with the fact that God has the Larger percent. Either your app is perfect or not. He knows the plans He has for everyone one of us. That was why I said Que Sera Sera.

Bros no APP is PERFECT. You're correct! God has the final say, you're also correct. But I think Man has a big work to do too. The Bible says "Study to show yourself approved, a workman who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". Which is my point.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
thesoj:
@bolded: Nope, not true. You don't have to be religious or pious to get a visa.

You are preaching the prosperity gospel, which is heavily focused on materialism. Plain and simple. God is not a vending machine. You do realize that before the last two centuries (in the 1800 years since Christianity started), a nontrivial percentage of Christians (and of everybody else) in the world died of epidemics and devastating diseases; why didn't prayer or piety fix these problems? Would you contend that they weren't pious enough?

A C.S. Lewis book called "The Problem of Pain" discusses these problems deeply and extensively; the author is a revered 21-st century theologian/professor (he wrote The Chronicles of Narnia, and other works). The theological questions of pain & suffering & natural disasters in the world are not easy to answer, but I think statements like "all you need is to pray and believe it's done" are often quoted out of context and subsequently trivialize the true complexities of suffering, Christianity/God, and human action/inaction.

Getting visas is NOT a theological endeavor. It is a completely rational endeavor that is partly affected by another human's whims (i.e. the VO).

yes, God is not a vending machine.. That's why I've been saying only people who truly serve him get answered prayers.About not being spiritual to get visa, yes , not everyone that gets visa is religious, but the grace and mercy of God has nothing to do with our works. Its just the way life is. God does what pleases him. That's why I believe divinity can never be totally fathomed.But what's certain is the promises for those who serve him would never pass them by.
It's his unconditional love for everyone that makes us get anything from him. Not how we serve him because our righteousness is as a filthy rag before him. It's his love for us dear

Only if you took your time to read and assimilate all I've been writing since. Is visa a bad thing? Every good thing comes from God (James 1:17)
There's no one that applies for visa that wants to get denied. Getting denied sometimes delays people's plans for their live. everything in life is theological boo. You Are trying to be too practical here but you're not getting the depth of life. We have nothing without him. Guys pls don't be decieved, you can't do it on your own. You need His grace in your visa

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I honestly don't expect this topic to bring argument at all. It is only a fool that will say there's no God. And of course no one receives anything except given by God. But for the fact that God approves or has given you does not mean you won't work for it. True you may not labour like others will (because the Almighty has favoured you), but it is still your responsibility to play your part. It is your responsibility to know what documents to submit, it is your responsibility to explain yourself and make the VO understand your situation. God won't come and do all these for you. After you've played your part well, then chill and see how God will perfect it all. That is my opinion. It is my belief. You don't have to agree, but that doesn't make it invalid, neither does it render your opinion invalid too. This thread was created so we all could give our opinions on issues.

Feeling the nigga in Dbanj's voice... But with God all things are possible.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by YeToonde(f): 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

yes, God is not a vending machine.. That's why I've been saying only people who truly serve him get answered prayers.[i] About not being spiritual to get visa, yes , not everyone that gets visa is religious, but the grace and mercy of God has nothing to do with our works. Its just the way life is. God does what pleases him. [/i]That's why I believe divinity can never be totally fathomed.But what's certain is the promises for those who serve him would never pass them by.
It's his unconditional love for everyone that makes us get anything from him. Not how we serve him because our righteousness is as a filthy rag before him. It's his love for us dear

Only if you took your time to read and assimilate all I've been writing since. Is visa a bad thing? Every good thing comes from God (James 1:17)
There's no one that applies for visa that wants to get denied. Getting denied sometimes delays people's plans for their live. everything in life is theological boo. You Are trying to be too practical here but you're not getting the depth of life. We have nothing without him. Guys pls don't be decieved, you can't do it on your own. You need His grace in your visa
Tell them baby!! Even only God Himself can interpret these things to people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.