Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1041022 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 7:10am On Sep 04, 2015
Ajibade105:
Is anyone a student of university of saskatachewan here. Preferably Mathematics graduate student(s).

I have a friend for Winter 2016 admission

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 7:14am On Sep 04, 2015
STENON:
I'v already started my applications for 2016 fall, May God help us.

Happy new month to you all.

cheesy Team Fall 2016!!! Let's do this.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tonero230(m): 7:19am On Sep 04, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

It simply means your passport has been sent to the VAC where u submitted your application and it is ready for collection. You will be directed on what to do as soon as u get your documents. Since you stay far from Lagos, u may chill till Monday before going to VAC for your doc.
Best of luck

Can my sister that stays in lagos collect my documents for me at VAC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 7:26am On Sep 04, 2015
Yes dear, not everyone gets the mail before they get their passport and some don't even get it until they request for it. Keep the faith alive
Pinkcandy97:
Thank you. I did that yesterday and mynpassport was dispatched yesterday too. No approval mail. Is the approval mail compulsory or it's not everyone that gets it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 7:26am On Sep 04, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
a letter was writing to declare exact amt provided, signed by M.D and d financial secretary.

I used a co sponsor too, but with just 1m bal

Submittd mine with 600k

But d issue now is with d main sponsor acct wch is d company, wat v said earlier shd do but oda suggestions r welcomed.

A personal acct from the pry sponsor would have been okay. 10m closing balance without co-sponsor would have even done the magic assuming it is some way more than the total funds required.

You may try to also include it in your next SOP like:

Letter and Declaration of sponsorship of X million Naira per year from my primary sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by STENON(f): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2015
Bamz:

cheesy Team Fall 2016!!! Let's do this.
Yes, We'l surely get there by HIS grace.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2015
Top of the morning Team12,

I need help reviewing a friend's SOP. I've done my bit, but I'm sure you could throw in your perspective smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2015
It's bn a week 2day I received a mail from cic dat my application hs bn updated but avnt seen any update cry please house wat should I do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ahyotomiwa: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2015
@bamz did all dat...the only problem was company was the sponsor and dey add a bal of 10 at dat point wit flow of 89m...so 10m for a company looks low 2 dem..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by amakaffy: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2015
sholay2011:

So sorry about your denial after that number of weeks. I am also in University of Manitoba for Agricultural economics related course. You can consider the school.

It is well.
Thanks for ur respond ... Pls can't I get any colleges .... I want to apply to both uni and colleges plss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by amakaffy: 8:06am On Sep 04, 2015
Gu2015:
you shld check uni of Saskatchewan,they have a very nice agric faculty.
Thanbks .... Pls I need colleges
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pmiller1: 8:07am On Sep 04, 2015
thesoj:
Pls PM me and I will respond to your email.

I PMed u too baba... Nice job u're doing here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iapaciolo: 9:09am On Sep 04, 2015
Hi guys, good morning how was ur nite, am new here. Please I need your advice. I applied recently for the Canadian visa to study at conestoga college. My documents were returned after 10weeks and the visa was not granted due to these reasons ticked at the back of the letter attached to my file.
They said you have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- purpose of visit
- personal assets and financial status

And I have already stated it dat I have not travel before and also I don't have family there that all my family re in Nigeria also I stated it there that my purpose is to study and about the personal and financial status I told dem am still under my parent. They said I am free to reapply if I feel I can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that my situation meets the requirements.
Please advise me on what to do. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2015
Okay...make I gist the house my little experience.

My journey from Lagos to Winnipeg wasn't drama - free, starting from MMA. I was really looking forward to being on the plane (it's my first time grin) and so when I reached the airport with my luggage, about to be checked in, the female immigration officer just raised one kain alarm while flipping through my passport and then staring at the visa stamp page.

'Excuse me, did you once study in London or you grew up there?' She asked curiously.

'No. I have not been to London before...at all' I replied impassively.

'This is your first time of travelling?' She inquired. I nodded along with a 'hm-hm'.

'Then how come your visa states London as place of approval? Why is it not Accra?And you're going for studies, why given multiple visa?' She furthered while showing my visa-laden passport page to her colleagues ' I have not seen this before. Please, stand aside while I call my boss and we verify this issue'.

Eh eh. I was like WTF?! Na for visa wey no be me stamp am my village witches wan get me abi?!!!! Ah, the devil is a liar. I wasn't scared though because I had all the passport request, letter of introduction etc in my bag. I quickly opened my online application to show the immigration officers but dem no wan even believe that one. Mumsy don dey pray. My father dey worried as in...asking where I got the visa again. grin

Their boss, a tall white guy came and asked me some questions. I showed him documents and even my online application. He snapped my passport bio data page. First asked the female immigration officer to go confirm if the visa is real etc. She went o for about 30 minutes. She came back and gave me the passport without saying anything.

The white Oga now said he has to send CIC a mail to get an explanation for this anomaly or else, I would have a problem when I reach Frankfurt, my next connecting flight. He sent the mail along with the visa page and my biodata page. We waited for over 40 minutes before CIC replied that due to the large volume of applications and so on especially during mid August, some passports were stamped with London stuff or so. Omo, my mind just calm down ni.

'Well, now we are informed about this latest development. We didn't know about this. And don't worry, you won't have any problems in your further flights. You can continue your checking-in', he said. My papa happy pass me sef. I just smiled 'cos I was stressed out already.

I was upgraded to Business class sha for my first flight. I am still wrapping my head round some culture shocks here in Winnipeg.

Easily got my study permit at Montreal. The officer just requested for my letter of introduction and on seeing my admission letter that it's from UofM, he seemed impressed from his comment and quickly went ahead with preparing it. My epistle ends here for now. So, for people whose visas were stamped in London not Accra, they don't have a problem.

It is well.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 10:15am On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks again. Would I be able to collect my passport on Monday or what can I do
TheBae:
Yes dear, not everyone gets the mail before they get their passport and some don't even get it until they request for it. Keep the faith alive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iapaciolo: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2015
Hi guys, good morning how was ur nite, am new here. Please I need your advice. I applied recently for the Canadian visa to study at conestoga college. My documents were returned after 10weeks and the visa was not granted due to these reasons ticked at the back of the letter attached to my file.
They said you have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your several factors, including:
- travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- purpose of visit
- personal assets and financial status

And I have already stated it dat I have not travel before and also I don't have family there that all my family re in Nigeria also I stated it there that my purpose is to study and about the personal and financial status I told dem am still under my parent. They said I am free to reapply if I feel I can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that my situation meets the requirements.
Please advise me on what to do. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bleesedme: 10:42am On Sep 04, 2015
bleesedme:
guys pls time is fast running out, and i need to be admitted for january semester,
i have contacted this agent preparation for life.

i sent them a mail , and they request for this requirement..
from the requirement listed there, does it look like it for undergraduate coz many friends i know studying in canada didnt pass through this stage, all they said was int passport and waec reuslt of which are in my possession
pls recify so i can know what to do, i cant miss this pls help a brother out.

i told the lady i want to apply as an undergraduate as i was an OND holder, this was just her reply, abeg help me out
can someone pls say something?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dharmie2014(m): 10:44am On Sep 04, 2015
So happy for you...in all hurdles u faced, its ended well.as I wait for my result, I wil also share my testimony#Oluwais involved# I rep Mun winter 2016

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JuneFirst: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2015
gabrola:
It's bn a week 2day I received a mail from cic dat my application hs bn updated but avnt seen any update cry please house wat should I do?

Do nothing. It only means that your application is currently being worked on. Since you have waited a week, you should receive a message or another update within the next 1 week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2015
bleesedme:

Simply mail her and tell her about your intentions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 11:40am On Sep 04, 2015
I'm not sure what you want people to say. Your agent gave you a list of documents to submit, if you're not clear about it, ask your agent. "If applicable" means "if it applies to you" so simply leave out documents that do not apply to you. IMO, all she listed apply to you except post-secondary transcript and certificate if you want to leave your HND/OND out of it
bleesedme:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graham355: 11:53am On Sep 04, 2015
Good morning everyone. Please can anyone confirm if a pgd can get me in canada even though I have masters degree. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TULLOP: 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please People I am extremely worried,I did my Medicals since August 21st and ever since I have not gotten any response back from cic.school has already resumed on monday and there was a guy I met at IOM on the day of medicals who we did the medicals together and has gotten his Trv yesterday.I applied via paper route and I have checked with VSF they don't have my documents back yet.could it be that my medicals have not been sent to cic or they are still working on my application and can I still resume this september?house please help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
TULLOP:
Please People I am extremely worried,I did my Medicals since August 21st and ever since I have not gotten any response back from cic.school has already resumed on monday and there was a guy I met at IOM on the day of medicals who we did the medicals together and has gotten his Trv yesterday.I applied via paper route and I have checked with VSF they don't have my documents back yet.could it be that my medicals have not been sent to cic or they are still working on my application and can I still resume this september?house please help!
First, contact IOM to ensure your medicals have been sent (it rarely happens with IOM but no one is infallible). IOM medical results are sent after 5 working days I think. In my opinion, it's CIC that's delaying, not IOM.

Also, buy more patience pills from the nearest pharmacy. At worst, you will defer your admission. It will surely end well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Torishe(f): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
TheBae:
Yay! Great! It should take about a week -/+, I did paper route for my folks so I'm not speaking from experience

Dear TheBae,

International passport collected with 5 years visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TULLOP: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
Thank you so much for the Timely Response cc Sholay2011 I Think its CIC that's causing the delay but my worry is that the person we did the exam the same day already got his TRV.does this happen at times or its just a sign that I've been Delayed.and am thinking maybe I should wait till the coming week before I reach out to CIC about my application.I guess I can still resume about two weeks after resumption.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bamz:

I have a friend for Winter 2016 admission

Help me with his/her email address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
TULLOP:
Thank you so much for the Timely Response cc Sholay2011 I Think its CIC that's causing the delay but my worry is that the person we did the exam the same day already got his TRV.does this happen at times or its just a sign that I've been Delayed.and am thinking maybe I should wait till the coming week before I reach out to CIC about my application.I guess I can still resume about two weeks after resumption.
It happens very well. It is NOT a sign that you've been delayed. That's the downside of following people along in the TRV journey. If one is not careful, you start to strictly measure one's progress with yours. I had to stay away from NL when people that applied weeks after me got their TRV just to put off the pressure.

Focus on yourself, and whatever you believe in...and be optimistic.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
@Sholay2011
This your story fear me o I swear. Mine's London too, thank Goodness they are aware now. Can't get hypertension for airport, biko.
Btw, my visa no carry photo, shey make I dey scared?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
darefestus:
@Sholay2011

This your story fear me o I swear.
Mine's London too, thank Goodness they are aware now.
Can't get hypertension for airport, biko.

Btw, my visa no carry photo, shey make I dey scared?
Lol...Omo London. grin You no get problem joor.

Visa no dey get photo na? Or you mean your passport biodata page?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TULLOP: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks again cc Sholay2011..I am Hoping to get my Trv and I hope to share my testimony here soon.
I'll just relax,put my mind away a little bit and thank God in advance..wishing you the Best in Canny..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 12:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
TULLOP:
Thanks again cc Sholay2011..I am Hoping to get my Trv and I hope to share my testimony here soon.
I'll just relax,put my mind away a little bit and thank God in advance..wishing you the Best in Canny..
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.