Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1043914 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2015
berexio1:
@esteechris...What did u fill on ur form as tuition, funds available for stay? I am very optimistic on ur 2nd application though. If u really wanna go to that institution pls don't change. Just re-apply and have ur admission deferred(that is if the expiry date is past) but if not just apply with it again.
To add to this, how much did your sponsor (dad) state would be made available to you in the sponsorship declaration? Also, try and go over your forms again and cross-check what you filled in. VOs pick on the 'littlest' errors sometimes. Your application seems very okay to me superficially.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by romney678mitt: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2015
Hello house, pls is it advisable to have a co sponsor whose balance is lower than the student who is sponsoring himself. Advice pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by esteechris(f): 11:00am On Dec 06, 2015
No dear, wasn't called for medicals at all.
OTUNBACODED:

Were you called for m edicals and was the medical passed?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 11:10am On Dec 06, 2015
Hello guys... do you advise me to apply for my sturdy permit alone first or to apply together with my wife and a kid? Which one has more success?

Please kindly advise..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 11:21am On Dec 06, 2015
romney678mitt:
Hello house, pls is it advisable to have a co sponsor whose balance is lower than the student who is sponsoring himself. Advice pls
Personally, I don't think it matters. What may matter is how much the sponsor in question declares for you and the volume of transactions on his account(s). We have heard of sponsors who had less than required in their account but because of their status and high volume of credit in their account, they were still able to secure TRVs. I think the more the merrier so far both sponsors have what it takes to cater to your financial needs in between them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2015
Futurewiser:

Hello guys... do you advise me to apply for my sturdy permit alone first or to apply together with my wife and a kid? Which one has more success?

Please kindly advise..
Frankly, you won't know until you try. The rate of such applications succeeding are low but that's because applicants seldom attempt it. The common practice is single applicants and then family coming later. Recently, applicants are trying and succeeding. My advice is if you eventually attempt it, ensure you work thoroughly on your home ties (for you and your spouse) and financials (studying, living costs in Canada and care for your kid). If this can be done and conveyed explicitly to a VO, I don't see why it's impossible to achieve. All the best sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by louisilva: 11:41am On Dec 06, 2015
Hello fam. I apologise if this question has been answered before. Pls is IELTS OF TOFEL or any other english test necessary to apply for study visa in canada? I did IELTS few years ago and it has expired. D tot of writing it and paying a new fee again is exhausting. Thanking in advance any response. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kriss77: 11:58am On Dec 06, 2015
louisilva:
Hello fam. I apologise if this question has been answered before. Pls is IELTS OF TOFEL or any other english test necessary to apply for study visa in canada? I did IELTS few years ago and it has expired. D tot of writing it and paying a new fee again is exhausting. Thanking in advance any response. Cheers.

Not all schools requires such...though some do.
And it even depends on ur choice of program...
Some programs requires English test while some doesn't ..so u need to check properly d requirements of d program u intend to study..

And if you can write the school and tell dem u re from 9ja...dey might waive dat 4 u...coz English is our general language.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
EOJ13:
With this increasing rate of REFUSAL AFTER MEDICALS, is it that CIC has introduced another stage that review applications after medicals into the visa processing stages or they are just trying to create revenue for their panel of physicians?

I think we have to speak out to our government IF POSSIBLE and let them interven as the Indian govt did. Wasting #28k to #48k on medicals couple with the dissappointment one faces after refusal is not easy.

Its very painful thou.... I was a victim of REFUSAL after medicals passed !!!! But do you trust our govt?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by louisilva: 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
Kriss77:

Not all schools requires such...though some do.
And it even depends on ur choice of program...
Some programs requires English test while some doesn't ..so u need to check properly d requirements of d program u intend to study..

And if you can write the school and tell dem u re from 9ja...dey might waive dat 4 u...coz English is our general language.
Thanks for the reply. But its not necessary to use for visa application is it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
esteechris:
Okay thanks @berexio1
UG: mass comm
Going for Pgd : corporate communications and PR (fanshawe college). 1 year grad cert.
Submitted : all cic forms, police clearance, letter of sponsorship (dad), transcript, loa, sop, letter of intro (my work place and sponsors work place), my leave letter from the office, my passport with fair travel history, dad's balance of 4.5, mine (600k) lol, property documents evaluated 80m, emolument 15m, school fees receipt paid 7k5 Cad. Didn't do an up-front medical.
Refused :
1 Reason : insufficient balance to pay for my fees. Lol. Isn't that funny but not funny

quote author=berexio1 post=40725623]Your sponsor's balance seem cool.. But the house needs to know more on your profile like what course u did @UG and what course u are going for? any gaps? docs submitted and all..

If you dont mind, I'd suggest you request for your gcms file. So you can see what the VO saw. Else you may just keep trying and not tackle the actual problem. From what I see to ur app, it's either a slight error from the VO or from you. Not sure there's any prob with ur credentials.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by freezingus: 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
Our govt. has to come to the aid of ordinary Nigerians, it is so so sad for one to waste 28-48k and more for logistics such as transportation, hotel accommodation and feeding for the three days one will be out of his/her place of residence. Spending more is crazy and I think it is a daylight robbery of helpless Nigerians. This ugly trend has to change and govt. should not allow any foreign govt. exploit us in our own land.
To all TRV hopeful including myself I wish us luck and God's favour, even after Medical passed, it ain't no longer certain, but we will clap back at last.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by siegfried99(m): 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
In terms of prospect and hopeful, prv which city is advisable

Mun or Ontario

Please advise a fresh applicant for PGD level.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kaygreen(m): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
freezingus:
Our govt. has to come to the aid of ordinary Nigerians, it is so so sad for one to waste 28-48k and more for logistics such as transportation, hotel accommodation and feeding for the three days one will be out of his/her place of residence. Spending more is crazy and I think it is a daylight robbery of helpless Nigerians. This ugly trend has to change and govt. should not allow any foreign govt. exploit us in our own land.
To all TRV hopeful including myself I wish us luck and God's favour, even after Medical passed, it ain't no longer certain, but we will clap back at last.

Hopefully we all gonna Smile soonest. The wait is killing after medicals done. This new week makes it the 8th week after app submitted via paper route.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by steffans(m): 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
seiraries:

If you're travelling with the kids, yes. But from experience, they won't carry out the same tests (e.g x-ray) on the kids because they are below 11 years of age.

Thanks and God bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kaygreen(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
ecclesiaok:
hello house, how do i go about migrating to Canada? i got an agency here in Lagos that says that they can do it for me for a fee of 400k, as in get an admission from a school for and visa, but my issues now is if i get to Canada how do i settle? cos the school they will get for me i may not be able to pay for the school fee now since am self financing and if am able to pay the agency the sum of 400k i can barely afford my air fare let alone rent and accommodation over there in Canada, beside the agency told me that if i get there that i can differ my admission and get a job and work for some time b4 proceeding with my post graduate studies which i will be going for.my good people any advice on this?

As regards this, u can't completely write off the help of an agent tho. You also need to do ur homework, find out how genuine the agency is. Still come on NL to get vital info in packaging ur app. All the best brother
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
Are professional job readily gotten by foriegners after pg diploma .what the percentage like.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by esteechris(f): 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
Thanks @ayooluwatoni. That's exactly what I'll do. It could be an error on my side. Especially where I filled the fees and funds available section.
Thanks

ayooluwatoni:

If you dont mind, I'd suggest you request for your gcms file. So you can see what the VO saw. Else you may just keep trying and not tackle the actual problem. From what I see to ur app, it's either a slight error from the VO or from you. Not sure there's any prob with ur credentials.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dazlinga: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
freezingus:

Sorry brof I totally understand how well it may hurt but let's look critically into this..I don't think refusal after medicals should be addressed as quoted by you on the bold considering the fact that no foreigner owns those medical facilities plus it's not only the Canadian embassy that use some of these facilities for health/fitness assessments,(I may be wrong though), Consultant practice assess applicants for American embassy as well, so I don't think it's nice to say they are exploiting you, a visit to the Canadian embassy, it's stated clearly, Canadian Visa is not your right but a privilege. So my guy we are at their mercy and ofcourse God, I think there may be some errors which was spotted last minute after your medical passed..Or there was a change in VO that did another assessment on your docs and didn't find it appealing to them..Just package your app very well this time, and ask God to intervene...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by OTUNBACODED: 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
that will be d best thing to do because with ur app and credential u should av gotten a medical call and eventual passport request. sure with that we will all know what really happened and where d mistake came from. I will also advice u reapply with same school and credentials

esteechris:
Thanks @ayooluwatoni. That's exactly what I'll do. It could be an error on my side. Especially where I filled the fees and funds available section.
Thanks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ritilicious(f): 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
@all
I have been having problems getting a credit card to pay my application fee to dalhousie university. does anyone kno if I can use a prepaid credit card or debit card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2015
ive bn preparing myself for my next application.....
airhunde:

Where have you been? It's has been a while.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
ritilicious:
@all
I have been having problems getting a credit card to pay my application fee to dalhousie university. does anyone kno if I can use a prepaid credit card or debit card.
debit card works just fine!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ritilicious(f): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
@berexio1 thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ecclesiaok(m): 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hello house is PGD the same with Graduate Certificate ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Post gradute dimploma and post gradute certificate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
esteechris:
Thanks

Do u make a strange logging in ur Sponsor SOA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by romney678mitt: 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
seiraries:

Personally, I don't think it matters. What may matter is how much the sponsor in question declares for you and the volume of transactions on his account(s). We have heard of sponsors who had less than required in their account but because of their status and high volume of credit in their account, they were still able to secure TRVs. I think the more the merrier so far both sponsors have what it takes to cater to your financial needs in between them.
Thank you for the response, it brings my nerve down a lil... May this new week be a week of Blessing and TRV for every hopeful in the house.. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=ganiyuadeoye post=40680322]Wait till you get the admission then you can defer...

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ManTiger(m): 11:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
Paying homage to a big brother Sir Fhemmmy of Fhemmmy Motors, If you don't know this brother then you're missing something.

I sight you sir. Hope those boys dey enter with gala? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Fhemmmy: 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
ManTiger:
Paying homage to a big brother Sir Fhemmmy of Fhemmmy Motors, If you don't know this brother then you're missing something.

I sight you sir. Hope those boys dey enter with gala? grin

My Chairman at the top. ..... I hail oh..... None has ca, e with gala oh, Lol..... but glad Nigerians are trooping in to Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 7:34am On Dec 07, 2015
ecclesiaok:
Hello house is PGD the same with Graduate Certificate ?
Basically, yes. They are both degrees you obtain after having an undergraduate degree i.e OND, HND, Bsc.
The link below discusses it in toto;
http://www.geteducated.com/career-center/detail/what-is-a-graduate-certificate-or-diplomah

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.