Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1041581 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ManTiger(m): 9:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
drpearlz:
Hi in the house,am glad to be in dis forum.Pls,i will nid som clarification and enquiries on my application for study permit.
Am a 34yr old medical doctor,presently in clinical practice,i applied for PGD in public health practice at concordia university of edmonton,d admission was not granted as dey claim i didnt meet d mininmum GP.however,i didnt knw how dey calculated my GP as Medical certificates are not graded with class unlike other courses and our transcript of scores are not credit based
subsequently,dey gave me an offer of admission at undergraduate level(3yrs BSC),letter of acceptance and other documents were attached for visa processing.
kindly advice me as am about payin for acceptance fee of 2500CND.wud my age be a problem,even dou i have MBBS as my first degree here in nija,also how much shud i av as my minimum balance as the total fee was 13000CND for d first year wich is stil affordable for me.Though d main aim of study permit either graduate or undergraduate is nt about d schooling,buh about secondary intention of gettin d vital materials and training to pass their medical council exams and get a provisional registration to practice over dere.
I'm not a prophet of doom but it will be so hard for any vo to approve your case. Why?
1. You're 34yrs going for Undergraduate.
2. You already have an MBBS certificate.

Impossible is nothing but if I were you, I won't take the offer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
thats all you need to know on insufficient funds
esteechris:
Lol. Please I really need help in that section.
thesoj:
First of all, I would strongly recommend that you read the thread (at least read from page 1 of Part 9 and digest it all) and don't rush to reapply. Ideally, I would also recommend you read Part 8 since you would likely be deferring your admission. The reasons for several of your refusal reasons were all very easy avoidable.

Your delay can be summarized into the categories of "Insufficient Funds" and "Purpose of Visit".

Insufficient Funds
A conservative estimate of your total annual costs is about $30kCAD (~$19k tuition + $10k room & board + $1k misc), which translates to N4.5m. Your sponsor's bank account of N5m is barely enough for one year and would barely have enough remaining to cover your transportation to Canada. Also, you won't expect the VO to believe that your sister would empty her bank account and live in penury to send you to Canada. Ninety-percent of the time, an application with your financials would be refused for insufficient funds. You will notice the the VO selected three "insufficient funds" boxes for this obvious reason. (Btw, the VO didn't think you were going to Canada with your family, that generic line is on every denial letter.). Please read the thread over the next month so that you can better prepare your next application.

In short, you need to read the thread (or simply think like a rational VO) and put together a much better application next time. Don't make it so easy for the VO to delay you.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
iykedare:

Some errors? What could these errors be? What percentage (random figure) of people are denied visa after medical? 10%, 60% ,70%?

What do you guys think? Thesoj, mantiger, onyeoma,seiraries, berexio1, ayooluwatoni.

It's difficult to give a %. I just think all applications go through a final brief reassessment before a decision is made. So at that stage, the errors that can be overlooked will be overlooked and those that can't be overlooked won't of course be overlooked, and hence result in a refusal.
But I'm sure you understand it's only a speculation. ....as I'm not related to any VO or consular. I really don't think you should disturb yourself with delay after medicals. Just try your best and package your application well, and don't make any financial commitment or cast yourself until you get your TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by esteechris(f): 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
totally helpful
hayqinsbFX:
thats all you need to know on insufficient funds
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
ajaereogechi:
paparazzi well done u got ur trv but u ddidnt tell me.i prayed for u and I told u that u willl get it see u.lolll

Please,pray for me too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
[quote author=UceeyClaire post=40787492]
Really, there's not much you can besides waiting. Try and keep the anxiety at bay as much as you can by engaging in activities you like. If it's prayer, fasting etc. you believe in, do that. All in all, keep calm. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
Futurewiser:
Is it compulsory that approval email must be sent? my cousin passport has been dispatched without approval email and he has done medicals. Does it mean that his visa is not issued?

Has any one here done medicals and got TRV without first receiving approval email?
It's not uncommon to get pp dispatched mail without approval mail especially for paper route applicants. Try and keep calm as much as you can.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
[quote author=iykedare post=40779532]

Some errors? What could these errors be? What percentage (random figure) of people are denied visa after medical? 10%, 60% ,70%?

Exact figures are hard to project but it's obvious the numbers are low compared to the rate of successful applications after medicals.
And it's not peculiar to student applicants as well. From what I've gathered, security checks are undertaken after medicals to assess if an applicant poses any security risk and this is tagged as the main reason an application might be refused after medical call (However CIC still reserves the right to deny an application for whatever reasons at any point in the application process.* It is their visa after all grin).
Something I've noticed is that refusal after medicals is common during peak periods (as CIC sends out medical calls to hasten processing times) whether or not it is a random or standard practice, I cannot say.
Also, someone on this thread mentioned a VO friend confided refusal after medicals is usually carried out to maintain a 'quota system'. How tenable this is, I also cannot say.
We can only speculate a best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 11:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
UceeyClaire:
Hello house. Hope you had a wonderful day today. Please can someone give me an info to my enquiry.

I applied for my student permit on the 12th of October via paper route, was called for medicals on 26th October and I did the medicals on 30th October. Till now I haven't heard any news and my school resumes on the 5th of January 2016.

Please can anyone tell me what to do cos I am really getting scared of the whole thing.
Hopefully u will hear sth this week. Ur app hasn't exceeded the average processing time yet. Nothing strange!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PhemosticLaLa: 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
UceeyClaire:
Hello house. Hope you had a wonderful day today. Please can someone give me an info to my enquiry.

I applied for my student permit on the 12th of October via paper route, was called for medicals on 26th October and I did the medicals on 30th October. Till now I haven't heard any news and my school resumes on the 5th of January 2016.

Please can anyone tell me what to do cos I am really getting scared of the whole thing.
. Relax ..........
What should an applicant(Me), of 10weeks of no medical mail or any update do ? (via paper route)

Be hopeful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bheautea: 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
I believe God is in Control! To every1 dat has submitted an application let's nt loose hope, we shall be called for Good news b4 d end of dis year IJN(amen)

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 12:33am On Dec 08, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

When did he/she apply?

Two months ago
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 1:03am On Dec 08, 2015
seiraries:

It's not uncommon to get pp dispatched mail without approval mail especially for paper route applicants. Try and keep calm as much as you can.

has those who go the same experience got visa at the end?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by airhunde: 7:12am On Dec 08, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
ive bn preparing myself for my next application.....
Ok wishing you the best this time around
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by UceeyClaire: 8:47am On Dec 08, 2015
Thank you so much for your response. It's quite a relief. A friend actually advised me to call VFS office to ask for an update but i really dont think its necessary based on what you just told me now.
I have been a silent follower of this forum and I am delighted to get a response. I will keep the house posted should something comes up.
Thumbs up.
berexio1:
Hopefully u will hear sth this week. Ur app hasn't exceeded the average processing time yet. Nothing strange!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by UceeyClaire: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2015
Phemo. . Thanks for your courageous words to me. I appreciate it. I will keep hope alive, at least that's what I owe to myself.
I really wonder why they haven't called you for medicals!! Do you check your mail often? Along the line I read someone advising you to do a case enquiry. How far have you gone with that?
Pls be strong okay. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling..
PhemosticLaLa:
. Relax ..........
What should an applicant(Me), of 10weeks of no medical mail or any update do ? (via paper route)

Be hopeful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by UceeyClaire: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2015
Thanks Seiraries. This actually my first application. When I was called for medicals, I was so excited cos I heard that been called for medicals was an automatic pass and my friends said maximum 2weeks my visa will be out. Now the wait is really killing me. I am gradually loosing my mind. I trust in God. But men. .. its killing.

[quote author=seiraries post=40789781][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by UceeyClaire: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2015
Amen ooh. I strongly believe in last minute miracles.

Bheautea:
I believe God is in Control! To every1 dat has submitted an application let's nt loose hope, we shall be called for Good news b4 d end of dis year IJN(amen)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obaraima: 9:21am On Dec 08, 2015
[quote author=ajaereogechi post=40130439]
Pls pray for me too I am expecting my approval mail.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2015
October applicants what's happening to us... 7weeks plus and the wait is killing me big time...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2015
UceeyClaire:
Amen ooh. I strongly believe in last minute miracles.

Amen amen. It's this week in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by UceeyClaire: 10:35am On Dec 08, 2015
When did you do your medicals? Online route or paper route?
ugonnachimezie54:
October applicants what's happening to us... 7weeks plus and the wait is killing me big time...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kriss77: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2015
The wait is killing for real........since oct 19 and medical passed since Nov20....Nawa for CIC oooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 11:58am On Dec 08, 2015
UceeyClaire:
When did you do your medicals? Online route or paper route?

Paper route,applied October 19..did medicals Nov6 till now no response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by UceeyClaire: 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
We have to hope in God for Miracles. That's all we can do.It's well..

ugonnachimezie54:

Paper route,applied October 19..did medicals Nov6 till now no response

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by alexis45: 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
SeyiMiilan:
Hello, what sup sir. @alexis45
Hi Seyimilian,
I learnt you're heading to the Kitchener area of Ontario this winter. Pls lets talk accommodation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gbemirado: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hello house, has anyone tried to login to check their online application? It seems dat they have a technical problem. I am still awaiting my approval mail ooo. Applied on 10th oct, medical passed on 25th nov and nothing since den. Hmmm, it is well.... To all trv hopefuls, it will all end in happiness IJN..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Online route: I submitted my application November 10, No medical request yet. Just worry. Is anyone in the same situation as mine?

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EOJ13: 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Could this be the reason for the recent quietness from CIC? It has been like this for like a day now after their "maintenance notice" over the weekend.

Hope CIC is not trying to act funny with this quietness after medical passed. I noticed most people got medical mail exactly a month after application i.e applied 9th October medicals 9th November.....

Has any October applicant after 6th October received approval mail or refusal mail?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
A friend did a paper route on October 26th Told me he got approval mail today.. I applied online 27th October passed medical on November 27th still waiting doe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dazlinga: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
EOJ13:
Could this be the reason for the recent quietness from CIC? It has been like this for like a day now after their "maintenance notice" over the weekend.

Hope CIC is not trying to act funny with this quietness after medical passed. I noticed most people got medical mail exactly a month after application i.e applied 9th October medicals 9th November.....

Has any October applicant received approval mail or refusal mail?

Try signing in via MYCIC account..I think you can get into your app account but the problem is with new applicants who can't apply online..

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.