Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1041577 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sevenody: 8:40am On Dec 11, 2015
seiraries:

Knowledge gathering isn't age specific/bound
It all depends on how she presents her case/application (story) to the VO. That being said, not granting admission to certain adults (35 above in this case) could be Centennial College's policy (yes, the tendency of visa rejection for such adults may indeed be high) therefore, she should try other institutions.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2015
seiraries:

I think you're a guru yourself as you have been able to identify some possible reasons eg. bolded above. February isn't too early but I think you should present th house with more details to assist in fine-tuning your next attempt.
For example;the refusa
Have you been working?
Did you state you were going to sponsor yourself?
How did you fill the "funds available section"?
etc.
for the finance section I put
Tuition 22000
Accommodation 10000
Misc. 2000

My uncle was planning to pay for three terms this December (22000$)before I got the refusal. Although I plan to pay for three terms in my student acc. When am reapplying, does it sound desperate cos I have read people saying tuition cannot be paid easily by working 20hrs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:50am On Dec 11, 2015
linaluv:

Thanks for the answer Berexio1, i am not using any agent for the processing that why i have come to seek answers,
please oo how much is the application fee i visited CIC page but didnt see any of the fees listed there maybe its my eyes sha .
pls how much is biometrics and visa fee ?

Biometric=$85CAD, Visa fees=$150CAD. Total=$235CAD. At $1CAD=170 that is N39,350(Naira)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by airhunde: 8:53am On Dec 11, 2015
Jayne07:

Where I am studying is exactly where my Canadian family is embarassed is it wise if I just leave out the fact that I even know anybody in Canada?
That is exactly what I did. I didn't mention I have family there. So as not to make ties in canada stronger that home ties
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by detutu1: 8:58am On Dec 11, 2015
michael1385:
Please can i use GTB naira debit mastercard to pay for my application fees to MUN, UofS and UM...because what i have on their site is credit visa or mastercard. please i need urgent response. thanks

I am not sure about the other two but U of S. Can't be paid with debit card. I had to ask a friend in Canada to do the payment for me. I even sent the credit card form via courier...it was declined.

I ll advice you do same to speed up the process.

I have the payment details which was sent to me by their applications department. I can send you that when you decide.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by airhunde: 9:02am On Dec 11, 2015
Anyone flying to Toronto on the 27 or 28th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Reesqot: 9:15am On Dec 11, 2015
27th

airhunde:
Anyone flying to Toronto on the 27 or 28th

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by michael1385: 9:37am On Dec 11, 2015
plesae how can u b of help
detutu1:

I am not sure about the other two but U of S. Can't be paid with debit card. I had to ask a friend in Canada to do the payment for me. I even sent the credit card form via courier...it was declined.

I ll advice you do same to speed up the process.

I have the payment details which was sent to me by their applications department. I can send you that when you decide.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Tenaj123: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2015
michael1385:
Please can i use GTB naira debit mastercard to pay for my application fees to MUN, UofS and UM...because what i have on their site is credit visa or mastercard. please i need urgent response. thanks

Yes you can. Even though, sometimes, the GTB naira mastercard's network is down. I know people that have paid with their Gtb naira card, if it gives you trouble, try another bank Card, preferably First Bank as they use different card server/platforms( or whatever they call it).
p.s: note that MUN states its payment portal is only open between 9am to 4:30pm our time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jayne07(f): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
airhunde:

That is exactly what I did. I didn't mention I have family there. So as not to make ties in canada stronger that home ties
So av u gotten ur visa?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by michael1385: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
CONGRAT mrcharlcee,please how did u pay for an application fee when applying to MUN-did u use debit mastercard or credit card
mrcharlcee:
Charlcee
It's been God although,
Masc MUN.
Applied 22 of October 2015,
Biometric same day,
Medical request 10th of nov,
Medical done 11th of nov.
Approved tRV Dec 9.
It's been God. Wish evryone TRV dis month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by michael1385: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2015
tnx tenaj123
Tenaj123:

Yes you can. Even though, sometimes, the GTB naira mastercard's network is down. I know people that have paid with their Gtb naira card, if it gives you trouble, try another bank Card, preferably First Bank as they use different card server/platforms( or whatever they call it).
p.s: note that MUN states its payment portal is only open between 9am to 4:30pm our time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:38am On Dec 11, 2015
ikem01:
for the finance section I put
Tuition 22000
Accommodation 10000
Misc. 2000

My uncle was planning to pay for three terms this December (22000$)before I got the refusal. Although I plan to pay for three terms in my student acc. When am reapplying, does it sound desperate cos I have read people saying tuition cannot be paid easily by working 20hrs

whether I was accepted to study at the Canadian institution
2. Ability to lay for my trip and support myself
3. Whether am inadmissible in canada
4. Whether I would leave after my stay
Relationship with sponsor

1. Can you please state what your first degree was in and the programme you're going for? (If both programmes are related, I suspect this is a case of an incorrectly filled information on your form i.e your student number or Institution's DLI number etc. which can be easily rectified. For #2, ensure your uncle states why he's sponsoring you and how much will be made available to you annually. This should cover your flight to school as well ( in others). Also, include a notarised affidavit of sponsorship to back up the sponsorship declaration.
2. For reason #3; This is tied to 1 above. It shows the VO isn't convinced you're going to study. (incorrectly filled info again either in your questionnaire/form or both. (also easily amendable)
3. Reasons #4 and #5 are related. All you need to do is work on your home ties to Nigeria. If possible, have your uncle provide you his personal SOA instead of the company SOA you used previously.

The number of terms you choose to pay for is your choice and I don't think it shows desperation. Rather, it should be evidence of preparedness on your part to study in Canada (IMO). It depends on your perspective.

[edited] P.S- you could also request for your gcsm file to better understand the VOs mind.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by detutu1: 10:45am On Dec 11, 2015
michael1385:
plesae how can u b of help

I can give you the email address of the person I spoke with at the institution. You can confirm what I have said from her.

I tried using their online payment portal first then alternatively used the credit card form...wasted money on courier for nothing.

Let me have your email address.☺
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lexyj123(f): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2015
Any one in canny, please help, i want to apply for my GCMS file please!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 10:59am On Dec 11, 2015
seiraries:

1. Can you please state what your first degree was in and the programme you're going for? (If both programmes are related, I suspect this is a case of an incorrectly filled information on your form i.e your student number or Institution's DLI number etc. which can be easily rectified. For #2, ensure your uncle states why he's sponsoring you and how much will be made available to you annually. This should cover your flight to school as well ( in others). Also, include a notarised affidavit of sponsorship to back up the sponsorship declaration.
2. For reason #3; This is tied to 1 above. It shows the VO isn't convinced you're going to study. (incorrectly filled info again either in your questionnaire/form or both. (also easily amendable)
3. Reasons #4 and #5 are related. All you need to do is work on your home ties to Nigeria. If possible, have your uncle provide you his personal SOA instead of the company SOA you used previously.

The number of terms you choose to pay for is your choice and I don't think it shows desperation. Rather, it should be evidence of preparedness on your part to study in Canada (IMO). It depends on your perspective.

[edited] P.S- you could also request for your gcsm file to better understand the VOs mind.

I studied BSc Electrical engineering and I was given admission for Masters of Engineering in system and Machine intelligence which is related to my course work. My uncle only stated it's the social responsibility of the company as a reason. Lol. Am not the first they have sponsored sha.
I did my youth service at the Transmission company of Nigeria. I don't understand y they said that for reason 3, of course am going to study and I submitted my admission letter in my SOP I put my institutions DLI number and my student number. I stated specifically bonded in my SOP that I was returning to work here in Nigeria.
I will make sure he states how much he would be dropping. Also, must it be his Soa, the company is his. I submitted all the original documents of the company and his passport data page.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2015
ikem01:

I studied BSc Electrical engineering and I was given admission for Masters of Engineering in system and Machine intelligence which is related to my course work. My uncle only stated it's the social responsibility of the company as a reason. Lol. Am not the first they have sponsored sha.
I did my youth service at the Transmission company of Nigeria. I don't understand y they said that for reason 3, of course am going to study and I submitted my admission letter in my SOP I put my institutions DLI number and my student number. I stated specifically bonded in my SOP that I was returning to work here in Nigeria.
I will make sure he states how much he would be dropping. Also, must it be his Soa, the company is his. I submitted all the original documents of the company and his passport data page.

Lol, yes you know what your intent is but you have to prove this beyond doubt in your application.
Using your uncle's personal SOA is not a must but it may help to show close relationship between you both. Also, it's may seem weird for your uncle to feel and state he's sponsoring you to fulfil CSR. Are you a staff of his company? Even at that, You're his nephew! shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bencheda: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2015
Mehn dis wait can be killing sometimes but i know all is well expecting my approvail mail i know it must enter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jayne07(f): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2015
Please can someone help with suggestion suggestions for home ties. I'm not married neither do I have kids. I have two younger ones plus my mum and dad. But if I use dat as home tie I feel it isn't enough.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paparazzi1987(m): 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
Beyeta:
All the Glory be to God......my timeline goes thus

MSc, University of Windsor, online application
Applied Oct 6th
Biometrics Oct 7th
Medical request November 13th
Medical done November 16th completed 20th
Medical passed November 22nd
Passport request November 30th
Passport submitted December 1st
Passport collected with TRV December 8th

Thanks to everyone on the thread. grin grin

Please, have u secured accommodation and when do u planned to travel ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
For affordable schools, check out University of NewBrunchwich, Memorial Uninversity, University of victoria, dalhousie university
For nitty gritty, you will get the details of each school online pages
When you get admission, you will know the next step which is CIC.

best of luck. Cheers!!
akmillion:
Hello guys....am new on this thread...and obviously u guys r doing a great job here..kudos...i initially tot i cud jes read tru from part 4 and get d infos i need but mehn...reading tru 500 pages for just a part aint such an easy task if u agree with me...am a fresh graduate of biochemistry from a fed univ (cgpa 4.23)....wanna apply for M.Sc in a canadian univ and resume hopefully nxt yr fall....i need help with the following;
1. A list of quite affordable (or rather cheap) universities in canada for graduate studies in my field
2. A comprehendible nitty gritty on the basics of application for admission
3. How to go about visa and oda travel related processes

I know my questions must av bin answered earlier on one of d parts of this thread but pls guys just help me recapitulate....thanks a bunch and kudos again for your great work here.
I hope it works out well for us all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ziggarrr: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
berexio1:
UWaterloo..U can have me as a course mate..lol
Thanks a lot boss.....u have a pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emifemimi: 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
ceemac:

@emifemimi.. Will need your assistance in getting admission for Masters, same course in your same school... Kindly help a bro tho..
You'll have to send mails to profs in your area of interest; you need a supervisor before you can be offered admission. Go through the school website and department's website, all the steps needed are clearly stated. I'll advice you get a supervisor before applying though and start the whole process as soon as possible too. Took me 6 months to get my letter of acceptance. You can also be gathering docs u'll need for visa app at the same time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
seiraries:

I have said before that these reasons are not the reasons. Every refusal template starts with those generic write-ups. You just ended up confusing the guy the more cos what you both are focusing on is off-point.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fexy50(m): 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hello nairalanders, I just track my application now, and it's says my application has been dispatched.... what does dat mean, didn't get an approval mail, I was called for medical though, paper route... what does it mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
berexio1:
I have said before that these reasons are not the reasons. Every refusal template starts with those generic write-ups. You just ended up confusing the guy the more cos what you both are focusing on is off-point.
I am sorry if I have offended you by being off-point. Yet, I fail to see how insulting me helps the person in question. You could have helped him a lot more by focusing on the issues you have so clearly observed I neglected. It's that easy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
seiraries:

I am sorry if I have offended you by being off-point. Yet, I fail to see how insulting me helps the person in question. You could have helped him a lot more by focusing on the issues you have so clearly observed I neglected. It's that easy.

Bros take am easy he didn't insult you in his statement, and I don't think you hav to apologize.... you were just trying to help the guy too.....non of my business Sha....sorry say I put mouth ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
seiraries:

You didn't offend me. I just don't have a good feel when anyone is misled here. I expect the person whom was served the refusal letter to sit down and read it carefully and understand what it says because that is the first line in achieving any success, because when you get in to study for example this little errors can cost one a lot. I don't blame u a bit and I didn't insult u either because the truth is u might not have an idea of what the letter entails.

Since he compared his reasons to sb else's he should as well follow the advice I gave to that person. I had already given my submission to his case.

Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2015
Jayne07:
Please can someone help with suggestion suggestions for home ties. I'm not married neither do I have kids. I have two younger ones plus my mum and dad. But if I use dat as home tie I feel it isn't enough.
Things that can serve as home ties;
Your family which you already mentioned.
Proof of future employment (if applicable)
Evidence of membership of professional/religious bodies etc.
Bank account(s) statement (Fixed deposit inclusive)
Pension statement
Physical asset(s) e.g land, car, property etc.
eTax card
Driver's license
Note that you cannot have everything. All you need do is apply as your situation dictates.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
Berexio1, Arcayo,
...Water under the bridge. It's nothing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jayne07(f): 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
seiraries:

Things that can serve as home ties;
Your family which you already mentioned.
Proof of future employment (if applicable)
Evidence of membership of professional/religious bodies etc.
Bank account(s) statement (Fixed deposit inclusive)
Pension statement
Physical asset(s) e.g land, car, property etc.
eTax card
Driver's license
Note that you cannot have everything. All you need do is apply as your situation dictates.
Proof of future employment? Like in should get an employment letter? Because all the Odas u just mentioned.... I don't have cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
Jayne07:

Proof of future employment? Like in should get an employment letter? Because all the Odas u just mentioned.... I don't have cry
Use the ones you have.
Your degree certificates, NYSC certificate, awards that you have gotten over the years can also serve. Family is one of the best (and commonly used) home ties and you have that. Use a family picture if you can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.