Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1044381 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 6:35am On Dec 17, 2015
Pls can I go to submit my application around 10am or 11am?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dejilale: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2015
I was accepted at NBCC for a year program and I have started the processeing but I met an agent who told me I could be refused a visa cos the program offered at NBCC are vocational programes. Please what are my chances of getting my visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 8:41am On Dec 17, 2015
loriaidah:
yes, anytime before 3Pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2015
Booked my flight with ethiopian airline this afternoon for 182k..I will be leaving 25th of this month which is xmas day..anyone going to toronto on 25th of this month with ethiopian airline shud indicate please..dnt want to get bored all alone . Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2015
Congratulations man.

EmmaMsc:
Finally!
All glory be to the Almighty God.

02 October - Online Application (M.Eng, UofR)
05 October - Biometrics Done
6 November - Medical Request
10 November - Medical Done
17 November - Medical Passed
02 December - Passport Request
03 December – Passport sent by UPS prepaid return courier
10 December- Application approved/correspondence letter
15 December – Passport with visa received from UPS.

Note: I applied with a conditional letter of admission wink. I saw in the Study Permit - Lagos Visa Office Instructions document that one can use a conditional LOA as long as you attach evidence of being able to meet the conditions.

Engaged in fasting and prayer.

Thanks to every one on this thread.

I wish all those waiting for their visas success

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 10:39am On Dec 17, 2015
seiraries:

Basically, calculate how much your tuition for a year is (i.e tuition for two terms), + $10,000cad (room & board) + others (let's assume $5000cad), the total should be your total funds available.
Have your uncle declare a little above that sum (the total funds available we just calculated) as money to be given to you per year in his sponsor letter.
Mind you, his account should reflect the declared sum preferably with a handsome leftover in the account.
Then let him write a heartfelt and convincing letter preferably dripping with emo detailing why he's sponsoring his dearest nephew bla bla bla.
Thank you very much... I will follow ur advice. Thank u thesoj.
Anyways, for paper applicants, I am aware we are meant to take the application fee money to vfs,. Are we going to do the biometrics that same day we pay like online applications.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sharonlass10(f): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2015
Hi everyone, pls I need help for u guys.
I base in UAE and I applied for visiting visa to Canada, which was denied and applied for study permit also denied. Please should apply online or come back to 9ja and apply? I need u guys plsss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by freezingus: 11:05am On Dec 17, 2015
Online application: 5th October
Biometric call: 7th October
Biometric done: 9th October
Medicall call: 13th November
Medical done: 23rd November
Medical passed: 3rd December
Passport request: 9th December
Passport submited: 11th December
Approval mail: 14th December
Passport/Trv received UPS: 16th December

Thanks for all your encouragement, my school resumes May, 2016. Its going to be a long wait though, enough time for me to prepare myself.

17 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 11:05am On Dec 17, 2015
Sevenody:

My u.g course was Agric Economics and i have work experience (mid level managerial). I don't want to do that GMAT stuff. But on their site (Laurentian uni), they wrote they can waive GMAT for some applicants.
Yes, Gmat can be waive base on academic performance and work experience in managerial level. And you will need to right a convincing SOP in the area off your study. And ur Transcript will be evaluated by WES... That one is compulsory ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Danielakonic: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2015
Please anyone should list schools that admit in MAY (May Intake)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by atrapon(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2015
e family,i greet u all.i was denied australian subclass visa 572 last month.Now i intend switching over to canada.my challenge is that my sponsor bears different surname,how do i reconcile that,i need suggestions.thank u

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Dear All,

Please, I want to confirm something. When declaring tuition fees in the documents to be filled, is it that we put only tuition fees or we add up other mandatory to get the fees for one year.
For example,
Tuition fees = 13970CAD (2 Semester)

Mandatory fees include
U-Pass = 120CAD
Health & Dental = 162CAD
Athletics = 70CAD ...etc

The total fees, will it be 13970 (approx. 14kCAD) or 14322 (including the mandatory fees)

What is your advise on this please?

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Sharonlass10:
Hi everyone, pls I need help for u guys.
I base in UAE and I applied for visiting visa to Canada, which was denied and applied for study permit also denied. Please should apply online or come back to 9ja and apply? I need u guys plsss

What is your immigration status??. If your not a permanent residence there, you should go back to the country of residence and apply.

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
loriaidah:

What are you waiting for, firing on!

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oluwaskinny: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
Seiraries just answered this.. Just scroll a bit up... No offence meant bro [ author=Godymn post=41085949]Dear All,
Please, I want to confirm something. When declaring tuition fees in the documents to be filled, is it that we put only tuition fees or we add up other mandatory to get the fees for one year.
For example,
Mandatory fees include
U-Pass = 120CAD
Health & Dental = 162CAD
Athletics = 70CAD ...etc
The total fees, will it be 13970 (approx. 14kCAD) or 14322 (including the mandatory fees)
***Appreciate***[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by splendidbabs: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
Goodday good ppl, I apply on the 15th of October through paper route, medicals done on 9th of November. Since then no response. I kept tracking my passport status on online, the response is always - your passport is been processed at the Canadian embassy, Accra.I'm a bit worried as my school resume jan11, 2016. What can I do pls?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
splendidbabs:
Goodday good ppl, I apply on the 15th of October through paper route, medicals done on 9th of November. Since then no response. I kept tracking my passport status on online, the response is always - your passport is been processed at the Canadian embassy, Accra.I'm a bit worried as my school resume jan11, 2016. What can I do pls?

The best I can say is still take chill pills. You never can tell, lets see what happens before the end of this week. By Monday, if you don't receive anything, you can send a mail (case enquiry I think) to them to get an update about your app.

Hope for the best man!

***Appreciate***

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
Danielakonic:
Please anyone should list schools that admit in MAY (May Intake)
Use google bro... Many schools

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by splendidbabs: 12:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
Godymn:

The best I can say is still take chill pills. You never can tell, lets see what happens before the end of this week. By Monday, if you don't receive anything, you can send a mail (case enquiry I think) to them to get an update about your app.

Hope for the best man!

***Appreciate***
Thanks bro, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
atrapon:
e family,i greet u all.i was denied australian subclass visa 572 last month.Now i intend switching over to canada.my challenge is that my sponsor bears different surname,how do i reconcile that,i need suggestions.thank u
You have no problem with that, in as much u can provide an evidence of relationship. You are good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
Oluwaskinny:
Seiraries just answered this.. Just scroll a bit up... No offence meant bro [ author=Godymn post=41085949]Dear All,
For example,
Mandatory fees include
U-Pass = 120CAD
Health & Dental = 162CAD
Athletics = 70CAD ...etc
***Appreciate***

I know, I saw that ...but your not getting the point. My point is will I add the mandatory fees plus the tuition fees to get the total fees or its just the tuition fees I will work with. Remember, we also need 10,000CAD extra. So, I want to just confirm if the mandatory fees can fall under the extra 10,000CAD

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
Godymn:
Dear All,

For example,

Mandatory fees include
U-Pass = 120CAD
Health & Dental = 162CAD
Athletics = 70CAD ...etc

***Appreciate***
Follow what is written on ur LOA, how many yrs is ur program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by atrapon(m): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
omooba2015:

You have no problem with that, in as much u can provide an evidence of relationship. You are good.
omooba thanks to u,pls highlight d types of evidence from ur experience.tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
atrapon:
omooba thanks to u,pls highlight d types of evidence from ur experience.tanks
Let me ask you . Who is your sponsor?. How do s/he relate to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by atrapon(m): 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
omooba2015:

Let me ask you . Who is your sponsor?. How do s/he relate to you.
my uncle..buh maternal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
atrapon:
my uncle..buh maternal
Marriage certificate that bear any of his/ her.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sharonlass10(f): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Godymn:

What is your immigration status??. If your not a permanent residence there, you should go back to the country of residence and apply.

***Appreciate***
Is two years which end by February, 2016.
But which is better, online \ paper?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
I picked my documents up at VFS today and the reason for refusal was only Purpose of visit. Some VO's should fear God o.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bencheda: 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
Splendid babs we are in the same shoes i applied 21 did medicals 19 uptil nw no update but i know it will end with approval mail. Are u on whats app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sharonlass10(f): 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
These are the reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay.
* travel history
*immigration status in country of residence
*family ties
*current employment situation
*personal assets and financial status.

Pls I need u guys advice and assistant are appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
olamitunposi:
I picked my documents up at VFS today and the reason for refusal was only Purpose of visit. Some VO's should fear God o.
When did you apply and what route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
Warm greatings all. My processed pp was dispatched on Wed. Is it gonna be available at the VAC by Friday? Help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.