Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040534 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 10:10am On Dec 16, 2015
Good morning friends, please is there anyone who applied on 20th of Oct who have received an approval mail?. i am worried because i am pretty sure that some of the visa officers will be traveling home for Christmas as from 18th of this month and nothing serious like issuance of study permit will be giving again until 12th of Jan 2016 and most of us will start classes on 4th of Jan. 2016 and i wonder hiw they reason and work knowing full well that most of is that applied study permit are for winter program.what are they even verifying since even when one have a conditiinal admission and have paid the complete tuition fees inclusive of health insurance and every othings, student id number..don't know if one have to write to the school for deferral or what now...it is exactly 8weeks and no news or what so ever. please you guys should do something may be suggesting to the canadian on how best to tackle and hasten visa orocess and approval for nigeria student.. when we l travel and arrange things and even here in Nigeria soon market will be close and to get things for travelling will be partialy difficult. please God help us all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kwenu: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2015
hi guys, please what do you think of institutions in the french speaking parts of canada
i dont speak or understand french, if i happen to get an acceptance/admission letter from an institution there, will the canadian embassy grant me TRV do i stand a chance of getting TRV?

I M about to apply for a 7 months course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2015
Hello people, thank God the anxiety of preparation and travel is over. We arrived Ottawa in one piece.

A quick travel tip now I've got some time...for people hoping to pack food stuff from home, try to read the policies very well and contact others who had travelled. Any food item you think might trigger suspicion, do well to empty them in ziploc bags. That speaks Transparency!

I read somewhere on this thread where someone advised against declaring food items in your luggage. I'll like to counter that. Can you imagine what your fate would be if they decide to check? I declared mine, but had to underline the specific food items to avoid generalising their understanding. When immigrations/customs checked my form at POE, I was only asked what the food items were, I just said meal supplements crayfish, soybean powder, blah blah and I was passed.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2015
I just got a passport request.. Is been u lord. Anybody goin to GBC pls let me no

17 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Yinkyyinkie: 10:52am On Dec 16, 2015
Pls has any November applicant gotten medical mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Leakingbasket(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2015
Zim5050:
I just got a passport request.. Is been u lord. Anybody goin to GBC pls let me no

Congrats dear... I am collecting mine too IJN. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
Pls hope the visa office will not be on holiday tomorrow 17-12-2015.cos am on my way hoping to submit tomorrow. Urgent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
Please where did u get the info that they are going for xmas on d 18th and resuming on the 12th jan

igwenunsa:
Good morning friends, please is there anyone who applied on 20th of Oct who have received an approval mail?. i am worried because i am pretty sure that some of the visa officers will be traveling home for Christmas as from 18th of this month and nothing serious like issuance of study permit will be giving again until 12th of Jan 2016 and most of us will start classes on 4th of Jan. 2016 and i wonder hiw they reason and work knowing full well that most of is that applied study permit are for winter program.what are they even verifying since even when one have a conditiinal admission and have paid the complete tuition fees inclusive of health insurance and every othings, student id number..don't know if one have to write to the school for deferral or what now...it is exactly 8weeks and no news or what so ever. please you guys should do something may be suggesting to the canadian on how best to tackle and hasten visa orocess and approval for nigeria student.. when we l travel and arrange things and even here in Nigeria soon market will be close and to get things for travelling will be partialy difficult. please God help us all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PeteObaz(m): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
Zim5050:
Pls did u apply online or paper Zim5050?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mcqueen1: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
UceeyClaire:
Congratulations dear. God is good.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mcqueen1: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
Sevenody:

What course at Red River College?

International business
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mcqueen1: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
Sevenody:

International Business
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
kwenu:
hi guys, please what do you think of institutions in the french speaking parts of canada
i dont speak or understand french, if i happen to get an acceptance/admission letter from an institution there, will the canadian embassy grant me TRV do i stand a chance of getting TRV?

I M about to apply for a 7 months course.
French speaking part of Canada is okay. U wont have issue with TRV. Is ur program in English language? U will need to obtain caq from Quebec govt before u can apply for ur TRV.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
PeteObaz:

Pls did u apply online or paper Zim5050?
via online

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
Online App on 27 October
Upfront medical
Medical passed 27 November
Passport request December 16.
Got the request des morning.
Thank u all for ur updates all des while
Thank God for the good news. For does waiting for their request will definitely get it In
Jesus name

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
Which of these has more prospects for gainful employment in canada; a graduate certificate or a masters degree. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kaygreen(m): 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
Zim5050:
Online App on 27 October
Upfront medical
Medical passed 27 November
Passport request December 16.
Got the request des morning.
Thank u all for ur updates all des while
Thank God for the good news. For does waiting for their request will definitely get it In
Jesus name

I tap into this. My approval mail dropping today.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mcqueen1: 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
Sevenody:

International Business PGD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Phemmie72: 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dear All,

Good day to you.

I am interested in taking a health related programme in a less expensive province in Canada. I have professional master in Managerial Psychology here in Nigeria. Which programme would you advise I apply for and which schools can you recommend for me? I had evaluated my certificate through WES, Canada as equivalent to Canadian master degree.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
Yinkyyinkie:
Pls has any November applicant gotten medical mail?

No, not sure if any November Applicant has gotten Medical. I submitted November 10th, did biometrics same day. Still hoping for a reply soon.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
niyiguy:

No, not sure if any November Applicant has gotten Medical. I submitted November 10th, did biometrics same day. Still hoping for a reply soon.
my friend submitted on November 12 passed medical on 11th of December

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Yinkyyinkie: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
Zim5050:

Did ur friend use online route ? I guess ur friend did upfront medical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Urbanboy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hello people, I'm interested in applying for admission to Brandon University for fall 2016. Pls I ll like to ask if it's a good University ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Yinkyyinkie: 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
niyiguy:

It's well IJN

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
Zim5050:

am sure he did upfront medical. I didn't submit with upfront medical. Awaiting medical request.

Time is not on my side at all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
Khalesi:

08064424082 He's and elderly man in oil mill market. It gets quite rowdy on Wednesdays so you can call him up any other day. Congrats on your TRV!

Thanks dear. Will go there tomoro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanbamiogbe(f): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
I have gotten medical mail and medical passed, I. Applied online route on d 3rd of November. All I'm asking God for now is approval mail. ]

No, not sure if any November Applicant has gotten Medical. I submitted November 10th, did biometrics same day. Still hoping for a reply soon.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanbamiogbe(f): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
@Niyiguy and yinkiyinki . I've applied 3rd of November online route. I've gotten medical mail and medical passed . All I ask God now is approval mail within now and Friday.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kaygreen(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
fexy50:
Goodevening fellas, pls have there been cases of successful TRV without Approval mail been sent to the applicant?

Hello have u gotten your TRV now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
tosanbamiogbe:
@Niyiguy and yinkiyinki . I've applied 3rd of November online route. I've gotten medical mail and medical passed . All I ask God now is approval mail within now and Friday.

When did u get medical request?.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanbamiogbe(f): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
Niyiguy I got medical request on the 27th!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JuneFirst: 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hello all,

I had just confirmed from FBN that banks no longer sell PTA.
How else can I send my little cousin money for accomodation and feeding that wouldn't tell so much on my pockets as per charges? He'll be leaving for Canada on 27th.

Guys kindly assist!

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.