Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038753 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
@Crich, I tried replying your mail but it isn't going through
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
Graphical:
Thanks Berex01, can you advice on how I can get this sorted out? Though both Educational, my thought is Masters in leadership from reputable institution like Memorial will give me an edge in getting a better job on return to Nigeria o. I didn't meet their requirement for PhD as I got GPA of 3.6 against the 4.0 they require. Is it really wrong to have 2 Masters degrees, though similar but managing and leading are two different things na IMO.
Not wrong to av 2 masterss my dear. Bt in a country where priveleges are abused. U get stringent rules. A proper advice would av been for u to leave out the masters when applying, bt u av applied already..nothing can be done in dat regard again cos they av ur file...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Howoheye: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
lanrayx:

Pls anyone what is the max school fees of a masters in Canada, University of Regina to be precise

I think u'll get the most accurate answer to ur questn. if u visit the school's website since u already knw d school u're enquiring about.
Hope this helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
TheBae:
Her cgpa will be about 3.2/4 Canadian standard which meets the qualification of a B so I'm very positive she'll get admission in other schools with a good SOP like you said
Dats great!!! So you see@Graphical..Look at other schools..Thanks for ur input@TheBae

Btw where is ur boo@TheBae
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BeulahHephziba: 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hello Graphical,

In my opinion, you need to tackle 3 issues.

One, why are you going for that program now? And why Edu Leadership(M. Ed) considering the fact that you already obtained a similar degree in Edu Mgt (M. Ed)? You have answers already cuz I've read your profile. Your are a Vice Principal and you should know why you must have leadership training in your career (M. Ed in Leadership is for experienced teachers who are aspiring to become leaders in educational roles e.g Principals, directors, ministers, educational consultants ). Add necessary ingredients to sweeten it. Enlighten the VO and be in charge. Let your purpose and ideas take charge of the VO.

Two, to me, your sponsorship is clumsy. Look at it critically again. The VO was not convinced your 3 sponsors could deliver. Why? They all have that urge amount in their respective accounts but no one showed commitment. Not even your husband.
Get yout priorities right. Let your husband be the main sponsor, and let others be co-sponsors making sure letters are written to that effect highlighting their commitments. Transfer money into your student account. Show your letter of employment and SOA (no matter how small it is).

Three, you must write a letter that will address all these issues raised. Title the letter and address it to the VO.

Graphical:
Thanks Berex01, I completed a Masters program in Educational Management in 2011, I am going for Educational Leadership now. (same masters). Do you think the fact that I had Masters before, it is now affecting my application? I actually attached my letter of employment then. But I think it was not clear because I had to squeeze in most of the documents. I am using paper route this time to avoid such errors.

Advice welcome please o. Would like to re-apply anytime soon o.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
berexio1:
To me those 2 courses are thesame..managerial is leadership. Atleast that's how I view it. Your CGPA form naija is 3.6/5? Have u tried evaluating it to Canadian standard? It could be close to 4 if not 4.Plus u cud look at other schools that offer the course, write a good SOP and get an offer.Concerning personal assets, did u submit ur SOA, and property the last time? How much was in ur SOA if u submitted.

How do you convert your naija CGPA to any Canadian university standard?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ajibade105:

How do you convert your naija CGPA to any Canadian university standard?
Use the tool on WES website..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graphical(f): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Wao, thanks all. BeulahHephizah, wish I can give you a hug. I am really gonna tackle those 3 areas. I appreciate you guys. Will keep you all posted. My warmest regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BeulahHephziba: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
@ Berexio 1, Graphical and those who are interested in Graphical matters.

M. Ed in Management and Leadership are similar but there are slight differences in that, one, in Management, Leadership is an aspect you need to consider while in Leadership, management is the 'core' issue to be considered. Take note of the words aspect and core. Though both are dealing with controlling and organising but the levels at which they do this differ. And that makes the difference.
Two, after you must have obtained your training either In Leadership or Management, employers in educational issues will place better priority on someone who has M. Ed in Leadership cuz is well equipped for roles in educational issues pertaining to management than someone who has done an aspect of leadership. Leadership flies better than management especially with years of experience.
Speaking from experience.
Cheers mate.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
BeulahHephziba:
@ Berexio 1, Graphical and those who are interested in Graphical matters.

M. Ed in Management and Leadership are similar but there are slight differences in that, one, in Management, Leadership is an aspect you need to consider while in Leadership, management is the 'core' issue to be considered. Take note of the words aspect and core. Though both are dealing with controlling and organising but the levels at which they do this differ. And that makes the difference.
Two, after you must have obtained your training either In Leadership or Management, employers in educational issues will place better priority on someone who has M. Ed in Leadership cuz is well equipped for roles in educational issues pertaining to management than someone who has done an aspect of leadership. Leadership flies better than management especially with years of experience.
Speaking from experience.
Cheers mate.
I guess she has a lot to explain to them VOs, bear in mind that some VOs don't have the patience for reading SOPs. Some just make their decisions based on the forms and documents submitted.(Am also speaking from experience here grin)

Anyway she gats do what she has to do..Good input though!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BeulahHephziba: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yes, you can but all glory to God. We are colleagues.
Do it prayerfully as well as the needful. You have great stuffs in you. Don't be afraid, you can do it and you will win.
Cheers mate
Graphical:
Wao, thanks all. BeulahHephizah, wish I can give you a hug. I am really gonna tackle those 3 areas. I appreciate you guys. Will keep you all posted. My warmest regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BeulahHephziba: 4:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
@ Berexio,

When a letter is written and addressed to the VO, he's under obligation to read it. It is now left for the applicant to make it brief and interesting. And that goes with common sense and grace.

Cheers mate.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
berexio1:
Use the tool on WES website..

Is it free?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lanrayx: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Howoheye:

I think u'll get the most accurate answer to ur questn. if u visit the school's website since u already knw d school u're enquiring about.
Hope this helps.
It is kind of scattered, anybody that can explain
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Crich(f): 6:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
TheBae:
@Crich, I tried replying your mail but it isn't going through
Hey dear. Sorry, about that. Pls, try again when you can. It should go through now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by burrytee(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
burrytee:
hello house, can anyone pls clarify on what advantage is already stamped passport showing previously travelled to first timers for Canadian student visa application.yr respond will b appreciated.thank you
can someone pls give a better respond please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Lol you're welcome.
About boarding at Toronto Pearson
berexio1:
Dats great!!! So you see@Graphical..Look at other schools..Thanks for ur input@TheBae

Btw where is ur boo@TheBae
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Okay, will do in just a bit
Crich:

Hey dear. Sorry, about that. Pls, try again when you can. It should go through now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ajibade105:

Is it free?
Yes it is
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
TheBae:
Lol you're welcome.
Safe trip dear......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
TheBae:
Lol you're welcome.
Safe trip dear......Alright am coming grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by NaD720: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
TheBae:
Lol you're welcome.

Air Safety Dear! Observe to see if the coast is Clear for we coming in! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
Crich:

Hey Darefestus, congrats on ur trv. At last, we thank God. I'm happy for you

Thanks Sis,

You shall be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
NaD720:

Air Safety Dear! Observe to see if the coast is Clear for we coming in! smiley

How far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
berexio1:
Yes it is

Thanks so much. Have done dt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by NaD720: 9:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
darefestus:

How far?
Still on Still Bro! No turn up yet!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
burrytee:
can someone pls give a better respond please.
no b only respond..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graphical(f): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
Infact, I am truly blessed having you guys. Through this post, I now know how to present my case. God bless you guys. I will give it my best shot and leave the rest to God. Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by doctor1986: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Pls house dis is my first comment..I just receive it last week..pls hw can I solve dis prblms

1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graphical(f): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Dearest Berex01, BeulahHephizah et al, I got the notice of pm, unfortunately I can't access the mail. Please, I will post another email id tomorrow. Thanks guy. One love.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
doctor1986:
Pls house dis is my first comment..I just receive it last week..pls hw can I solve dis prblms
wat did u receive?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.