Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039431 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
is like nobody got his or her TRV apporaval today because i am yet to see any post or anyone giving testimony here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
Bro I tire o. Me submit since 4th of Nov na only medical I don do o and Notin since den. I really don't know what they are trying to vet that takes them so long but I tell u, something MUST happen by friday whether they like it or not. From the days of John the Baptist untill now, the kingdom of God suffereth violent and the violent take it by force. Mat. 11v12

casie26:
should i call/mail Accra visa office for a reminder of my resumption date scheduled on 11th jan,deadline 15th jan. no medicals call yet,TRV na long thing. i applied since November 2015 oooo! via paper route..some1 please accordingly respond to my query
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
Naykay no be small thing ooh me tire for them ..i applied since Oct 20 but see me here still dey wait and my class start today but like you said by friday something good must happen whether they like it or not. God big pass them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
casie26:
should i call/mail Accra visa office for a reminder of my resumption date scheduled on 11th jan,deadline 15th jan. no medicals call yet,TRV na long thing. i applied since November 2015 oooo! via paper route..some1 please accordingly respond to my query

Open case enquiry. You are permitted to do that if your application is more than 8 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
xplen:
Good day pals,

I hold B.Sc and M.Sc degrees in 2011 & 2013 respectively. I applied to SAIT and Lambton College both for fall 2016 for advanced diploma, though I'm yet to get a response, hence, I'd like senior men in the house to put me through pertaining the following;

1. What documents would I be needing for visa application?

Kindly follow this link to get a general idea.

2. Apparently, after my M.Sc, I've been managing my dad's school and projects based on the naija job situation. How do I explain this gap at the embassy?

It's not a gap. Simply state what you've been doing (school management) with evidence to back your claims i.e photos, pay stubs, and other relevant documents.

3. Can the medicals be done at any hospital and upfront?

No. Please find CIC approved clinics
here

PS- If it isn't too late I'd advise that you secure admission for at least a PGC since you have a first degree and masters. Explaining why you're going for an advanced diploma after masters might be near impossible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
niyiguy:
I like your story. Interesting pieces

Nice experience, kudos. Nigerians we are very rugged grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jallym: 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
Good evening nairalanders please I would like to know what are my chances of getting my trv because I submitted November 2nd and have still not got a reply and my school starts January 5th and I have not been called for Medicals and then I can't postpone my start date anymore please what do I do? Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
How is the case enquiry made for application exceeding 8weeks?to who wld it be directed to? What contact? And the format? Please i need directions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
How does one Open case enquiry

metrecube:

Open case enquiry. You are permitted to do that if your application is more than 8 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
casie26:
How is the case enquiry made for application exceeding 8weeks?to who wld it be directed to? What contact? And the format? Please i need directions
Please follow this link
Cc niyiguy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
If u revisit www.cic.gc.ca you would see they have modified the processing times and have changed..its no longer 8weeks for Ghana applicant but 12weeks, for Nigeria applicants is 9weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Thanks for the information. Just just check and I discovered that the new processing time is now 9weeks

casie26:
If u revisit "www.cic.gc.ca" you would see they have modified the processing times and have changed..its no longer 8weeks for Ghana but 12weeks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kelvin67(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hello house.Thank God just got my TRV am flying to toronto dis week.Want to thank everyone dat has contributed to my success,wishing all those waiting for their TRV sucesst.Just have faith, GOD will do it.
Am heading to lambton college toronto financial planning and wealth management.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kelvin67(m): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
igwenunsa:
Naykay no be small thing ooh me tire for them ..i applied since Oct 20 but see me here still dey wait and my class start today but like you said by friday something good must happen whether they like it or not. God big pass them
.Just have faith and keep praying got mine today already in lagos.God will do it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kelvin67 please when did you applied and what route please

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kelvin67(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
igwenunsa:
is like nobody got his or her TRV apporaval today because i am yet to see any post or anyone giving testimony here.
I got mine today,just keep praying applied on d 20th of october paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
Recent changes in processing times in www.cic.gc.ca

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
kelvin67 please kelvin did you receive an approval mail or what and how did you know your TRV is ready collection because mine i paid for courier services and i did upfront medical and i am yet to get any news since then.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 10:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
kelvin67:
Hello house.Thank God just got my TRV am flying to toronto dis week.Want to thank everyone dat has contributed to my success,wishing all those waiting for their TRV sucesst.Just have faith, GOD will do it.
am goin to Toronto but next week.. I just pm u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
igwenunsa:
kelvin67 please kelvin did you receive an approval mail or what and how did you know your TRV is ready collection because mine i paid for courier services and i did upfront medical and i am yet to get any news since then.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by splendidbabs: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
kelvin67:
Congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
I was told online platform for visa application is down since late last year and even currently...pls hw true is this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bencheda: 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
Pls guys i need ur help on this my passport expires by november this year so its like 11 more month so i cant apply for a new nija passport cos it has to be less dan 6 month b4 u can apply and i just got my trv on the passport and the course am going for is a 4 years course. Pls at my point of entry wld dey give me a 4 years study permit since my course is for 4 years and i renew my passport when it expires in canada please i need ur say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kelvin67(m): 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
splendidbabs:
Congratulations bro
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
bencheda:
Pls guys i need ur help on this my passport expires by november this year so its like 11 more month so i cant apply for a new nija passport cos it has to be less dan 6 month b4 u can apply and i just got my trv on the passport and the course am going for is a 4 years course. Pls at my point of entry wld dey give me a 4 years study permit since my course is for 4 years and i renew my passport when it expires in canada please i need ur say
Your 4 - year study permit would be given and you can renew your passport in Canada. Congratulations on your TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jewesun: 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
kelvin67:

Please when did you apply? which route? is it Upfront Medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SammyVee: 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hello guys, if one has tried applying with an agent and doesn't want to try again with same agent, but do it themselves, will I fill the 'Use of a representative form' and cancel the appointment of the representative that was used in the first application or do I just avoid filling the form entirely and fill the 'Study permit questioner' and state that I'm 'Not' applying through an agent?

Pls advise. Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 12:28am On Jan 05, 2016
hello people.
Please I would like to know the steps i can take to stay in canada parmanently after graduation
a summary of this steps will be helpful.thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kemilayo(f): 12:32am On Jan 05, 2016
SammyVee:
Hello guys, if one has tried applying with an agent and doesn't want to try again with same agent, but do it themselves, will I fill the 'Use of a representative form' and cancel the appointment of the representative that was used in the first application or do I just avoid filling the form entirely and fill the 'Study permit questioner' and state that I'm 'Not' applying through an agent?

Pls advise. Thanks all.

I think since this is a new application, just fill and state that your not applying through an agent. But then just my opinion, let the gurus in the house comment.

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 1:08am On Jan 05, 2016
I have a question house.
My program is ending May 2020.
My visa is expiring April 2019
My Passport is expiring August 2019.

I know that i can renew my visa in canada
but when i renew the visa and I renew the passport.
will the Visa be nullifed?
If it will what can I do as this is confusing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Memorial1980: 3:35am On Jan 05, 2016
kelvin67:

Guy, please prepare for winter. Budget like 200 CAD for winter jackets including winter boot and hand gloves. Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.