Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037840 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Memorial1980: 3:48am On Jan 05, 2016
kemilayo:

I think since this is a new application, just fill and state that your not applying through an agent. But then just my opinion, let the gurus in the house comment.

Regards

Is your application tied to the first application ? i believe no. Your application is fresh even if you had applied and used them before. therefore, you have no business with the representative form. Ignore it completely except you are asked if you had used one before. Its really not important to your application. Success all the way !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Memorial1980: 4:10am On Jan 05, 2016
jallym:
Good evening nairalanders please I would like to know what are my chances of getting my trv because I submitted November 2nd and have still not got a reply and my school starts January 5th and I have not been called for Medicals and then I can't postpone my start date anymore please what do I do? Thank you

Dear, just keep praying. Some students resume one month into the semester, school authorities understand study permit difficulties, more backlogs of academic work to clear anyway if you resume late.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kelvin67(m): 5:26am On Jan 05, 2016
Memorial1980:

Guy, please prepare for winter. Budget like 200 CAD for winter jackets including winter boot and hand gloves. Congratulations
ok.Thanks will see to dat.Are u in Toronto?pls am searching for a good accommodation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jidesam168(m): 7:52am On Jan 05, 2016
Pls how can I get my transcript evaluated by wes, and how is the payment procedure, pls help me. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bencheda: 7:56am On Jan 05, 2016
metrecube:

Your 4 - year study permit would be given and you can renew your passport in Canada. Congratulations on your TRV.

Pls metrecube are u in canada and have u seen someone that had thesame issue . Pls only trying to be sure gurus in the house add ur opinions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bencheda: 8:05am On Jan 05, 2016
bencheda:
Pls guys i need ur help on this my passport expires by november this year so its like 11 more month so i cant apply for a new nija passport cos it has to be less dan 6 month b4 u can apply and i just got my trv on the passport and the course am going for is a 4 years course. Pls at my point of entry wld dey give me a 4 years study permit since my course is for 4 years and i renew my passport when it expires in canada please i need ur say

Pls gurus in the house i wld like ur opinion on this matter cos it worries me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:19am On Jan 05, 2016
Greetings from Canada,,,Waterloo precisely.Been alot busy from getting my house to signing off for classes. Forgive me for not replying to any private mails early.Moving about at -14 degrees yesterday was not beans.My hands were frozen to death. Its like blood stopped flowing there.

I learnt to use google maps to move around. Lost my way twice, Na google help me with GPS enabled..Everything here na google. To search for bus routes, to know your way around...Mehn. Over dependence on mobile phone shocked.

I met a few friends. They taught me some few things. People are generally friendly here.

Asians plenty for school here sha. Still yet to meet a Nigerian even though I heard they are around too.

Finally, make I prophesy, no be only me go enjoy this Canada.

If you have been expecting TRV, receive it this week!!!

*Back to hussle mode* grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jesemela: 8:57am On Jan 05, 2016
Hello, been following for a while now, would like to know how long it takes for the medical status to change after cic has confirmed the receipt of the med result cos my bro did his medicals on 11th dec and nothing has changed except that cic confirmed they've received it, could this be due to the holiday?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 9:15am On Jan 05, 2016
Jesemela:
Hello, been following for a while now, would like to know how long it takes for the medical status to change after cic has confirmed the receipt of the med result cos my bro did his medicals on 11th dec and nothing has changed except that cic confirmed they've received it, could this be due to the holiday?

Did your brother do paper or online application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2016
hi jessy, im opting out for Seneca college, been a while you are online, will like to add you up at ur convenience, I know you can assist with some info, my mail is afisunluopeyemi@yahoo.co.uk , I can have your whatsapp after, will explain what and what I ve done . thanks, expecting your mail
jessicajessa:
It's a company's document, to show it has been registered(incorporated) with CAC(corporate affairs commission). CO2 – Share Allotment Form, CO7 – Particulars of Directors. it shows the ownership and all that, normally when you incorporate/register a company it becomes a legal entity(like a seperate person from it's owner) on it's own, so the cac forms unveils who is behind the scene and other important things.(hope i didn't confuse you further?). #This can stand as a proof of ownership or source of funds/income....whatever the case might be. Plus you are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Tunramide(m): 10:12am On Jan 05, 2016
Jesemela:

It take just a week to update, but because of the holiday it take long days but I believe u will see update this week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 10:33am On Jan 05, 2016
AverageNed:
I have a question house.
My program is ending May 2020.
My visa is expiring April 2019
My Passport is expiring August 2019.

I know that i can renew my visa in canada
but when i renew the visa and I renew the passport.
will the Visa be nullifed?
If it will what can I do as this is confusing

Please can somebody reply me. if i renew my passport. will my visa be cancelled?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bugzi: 11:12am On Jan 05, 2016
bc2015:
I was told online platform for visa application is down since late last year and even currently...pls hw true is this?

Where did u get the information, not down from users point though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2016
kelvin67:
Hello house.Thank God just got my TRV am flying to toronto dis week.Want to thank everyone dat has contributed to my success,wishing all those waiting for their TRV sucesst.Just have faith, GOD will do it.
Am heading to lambton college toronto financial planning and wealth management.

Hey yo am In Toronto Lambton college precisely.... Holla when you get this.. We could get accomodation togeda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 11:33am On Jan 05, 2016
Zim5050:
am goin to Toronto but next week.. I just pm u

Am I'm Toronto already tho... Guess I need to know my naija guys... It's kinda crazy here bug city and the roads are crazy, 566D92DE hit me up
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukky85: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello @berexio1, Good to hear from you... How about your tuition fee... has it been transferred by Stanbic?

berexio1:
Greetings from Canada,,,Waterloo precisely.Been alot busy from getting my house to signing off for classes. Forgive me for not replying to any private mails early.Moving about at -14 degrees yesterday was not beans.My hands were frozen to death. Its like blood stopped flowing there.

I learnt to use google maps to move around. Lost my way twice, Na google help me with GPS enabled..Everything here na google. To search for bus routes, to know your way around...Mehn. Over dependence on mobile phone shocked.

I met a few friends. They taught me some few things. People are generally friendly here.

Asians plenty for school here sha. Still yet to meet a Nigerian even though I heard they are around too.

If you have been expected TRV, receive it this week!!!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
I was told online platform for visa application is down since late last year and even currently...pls hw true is this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chigoziri7: 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello Every, Happy and prosperous new year to all of us. this is a year of our great testimonies.
First all - congrats to all those who have gotten their tRVs..we bless God.
Second - to all those expecting, never loose hope, God will do it.
Third - for those of us that are yet to start applications (including me) keep following and reading and learning from this thread. it is the best of the best... Every info u want abt any schs, trv success, documents etc...them full here...God will also grant us success../Also, feel free to ask any questions, there are many guru's here who will respond with precise info despite their busy schedule.

Fourth - I have a question, a friend of mine is about to use a family friend (Ivorian-American) for a sponsor, ...she wrote a letter saying that she is a family frined and has known him for over 20 years and she is willing to support him financially whenever the need arises...Please guru's, is this advisable?

Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by louisilva: 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
AverageNed:
Please can somebody reply me. if i renew my passport. will my visa be cancelled?
your passport renewal has nothing to do with your visa and No, your visa wont be cancelled. just go with your existing passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by nellobaba(m): 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hi everyone, I really appreciate the love we share in this thread.. .. Please I want to inquire how long it takes after updating ur medicals for the final decision to be taken. I applied on the 27th of November, did my biometrics on the 30th of November. My medicals was updated on the 24th of December and I passed. My school Carleton university in Ottawa started yesterday and I haven't heard from embassy.....pls does anyone know how long it takes between updating ur medicals to making the final decision??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
nellobaba:
Hi everyone, I really appreciate the love we share in this thread.. .. Please I want to inquire how long it takes after updating ur medicals for the final decision to be taken. I applied on the 27th of November, did my biometrics on the 30th of November. My medicals was updated on the 24th of December and I passed. My school Carleton university in Ottawa started yesterday and I haven't heard from embassy.....pls does anyone know how long it takes between updating ur medicals to making the final decision??

There really isn't a fixed duration, usually from 2-6weeks. Don't worry, you're almost at the finish-line (since you've passed your medicals).Just defer your admisson or write your school requesting for a resumption date extension. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
chigoziri7:
Hello Every, Happy and prosperous new year to all of us. this is a year of our great testimonies.
First all - congrats to all those who have gotten their tRVs..we bless God.
Second - to all those expecting, never loose hope, God will do it.
Third - for those of us that are yet to start applications (including me) keep following and reading and learning from this thread. it is the best of the best... Every info u want abt any schs, trv success, documents etc...them full here...God will also grant us success../Also, feel free to ask any questions, there are many guru's here who will respond with precise info despite their busy schedule.

Fourth - I have a question, a friend of mine is about to use a family friend (Ivorian-American) for a sponsor, ...she wrote a letter saying that she is a family frined and has known him for over 20 years and she is willing to support him financially whenever the need arises...Please guru's, is this advisable?

Thank you all

I think it's a matter of credibility. If your friend can explain and prove beyond doubt why a person who isn't a blood relation would be willing to spend such a large sum on his education, then he's good to go.

Personally, I'd advise your friend to use his parents or another blood relation (An uncle maybe).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mctowel01: 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello guys, I know I my question might be off or need to do a little reading before asking. Anyways, I ll still ask:
I want to study Electrical/engineering masters in canada. But my cgpa from bsc elect/elect in nigeria was 3.24. Do I still stand a chance to get admitted to a good/worthwile school and getting visa. Due to my cgpa, I ve based my research and preparations are currently on australia, thats why I havent given canada a thought.
But, is there still hope. My budget is currently strictly N10m. I am just asking to know if the money can still be worthwile spent on a school in canada as I have heard that canada is economically better than australia.
Finally, my goal apart from the studies is to get permanent residence. Will I find it easier, can someone summarize essential elements of getting the permanent residence through the route I am following.
NB: I dont know anyone in canada for any family/sponsorship benefits. I just want a job nd stay in EEng after my program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
bukky85:
Hello @berexio1, Good to hear from you... How about your tuition fee... has it been transferred by Stanbic?

yes..it was transferred same day i did it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
You need to create account with WES and make the payment for the service which is about $200 and you will be given like a reference number which you must give to the school to put on the envelope they will send your transcript with. It will be easy for you if you meet someone who has been doing this in the school that is if you are lucky.

jidesam168:
Pls how can I get my transcript evaluated by wes, and how is the payment procedure, pls help me. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
I guess you are in Manitoba or Alberta. Dont worry you will get used to it just go and get good winter clothes, head warmer and gloves.

berexio1:

If you have been expected TRV, receive it this week!!!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
You can decide not to travel within that period because visa is just for traveling purpose so just renew your study permit and get your passport renewed also in that period, then you can renew your study permit to 2020 when you have your passport and work on the visa renewal also. You might see anyone else that can show you a better way but this all i can tell you with my knowledge.

AverageNed:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bros cool down you should know the have response time as at last year Jan the minimum time was 8 weeks only few get response in less than 8 weeks and i heard they have increased it. Just be patient and dont give yourself tension, keep praying and be hopeful. Thank you.

Naykay:
Bro I tire o. Me submit since 4th of Nov na only medical I don do o and Notin since den. I really don't know what they are trying to vet that takes them so long but I tell u, something MUST happen by friday whether they like it or not. From the days of John the Baptist untill now, the kingdom of God suffereth violent and the violent take it by force. Mat. 11v12

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nabby2603(f): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
TALK2FABO:

You need to create account with WES and make the payment for the service which is about $200 and you will be given like a reference number which you must give to the school to put on the envelope they will send your transcript with. It will be easy for you if you meet someone who has been doing this in the school that is if you are lucky.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by demoah(m): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Happy new year guys. I just stumbled on this and I hope it can be a guidline for an applicant:
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/admissibility.asp

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for the contents or reliability of any websites to which I provide a link and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.

I put up a disclaimer because I've been misquoted and insulted in the past for trying to help on this forum. I hope someone finds this helpful.
I believe this is what the VO's use as a guideline in reaching a decision on all applications.

Temporary residents: Eligibility and admissibility considerations

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by CIC staff. It is posted on the CIC website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

Listed below are some areas officers should explore with applicants. The purpose of these questions is to determine whether:
•applicants intend to remain in Canada illegally, claim refugee status or otherwise seek to remain in Canada, and not abide by the requirement to leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for their temporary stay
Note : A person may have a dual or eventual intent to become a permanent resident, but in order to qualify for a temporary resident visa, they must demonstrate that they have the capacity and willingness to leave Canada at the end of the authorized temporary period (refer to dual intent).
•the ties to their home country are sufficiently strong to ensure that they are motivated to return home after the visit to Canada
•they meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations

Purpose and duration of the trip: Suggested questions

1. What is the purpose of your trip?

Things to consider:
•What will the person be doing in Canada?
•What are the applicant's plans for visiting Canada? Are the plans well thought out or are they frivolous?

Additional information:
•If the applicant is interviewed, confirm the reason for the trip as stated on the application form.
•Although not all persons visiting Canada will have detailed plans, they should normally have some idea of what they will be doing.

2. How long will you be staying in Canada?

Things to consider:
•What is the duration of the visit?
•Is the time requested limited? Indeterminate?
•Considering the applicant’s situation in their home country and the purpose of the trip, is the time requested reasonable? Plausible? Practical?

Ties to Canada or country of residence

3. What ties do you have with Canada?

Things to consider:
•Who invited the person to Canada? Is there proof of an invitation?
•Does the person have family in Canada? If so, what is their immigration status in Canada?

4. What ties do you have with your country of residence?

Things to consider:
•Is the person employed? If yes, at what salary? In what position? Has the applicant's employer approved a request for leave?
•What family does the person have in the country of residence? Where were they at the time of the application?
•Does the person have property? What is the value of the property?
•What financial obligations is the person leaving behind? What is the nature and value of these obligations?
•What other responsibilities and obligations is the person leaving behind? How will they be discharged?
•Is travel consistent with local customs or practices? Has the person travelled before?

Additional information: Even if the person’s ties to the home country seem to be strong, there may be other factors in the general economic or political environment which make the long-term prospects for the person or their family unstable. Consider these factors in the assessment.

Documents and financial support

5. Do you have a valid passport or travel document?

Things to consider: What is the expiry date on the passport or travel document?

Additional information: Refer to OP 16, Passports and Travel Documents.

6. How will you support yourself in Canada?

Things to consider:
•Does the client have the means to be self-supporting or is someone else willing and able to provide adequate support?
•Is the person staying in hotels or with relatives or friends?
•Is it reasonable for the foreign national to be staying with the host for the period indicated?
•Will the person be travelling within Canada? If so, for how long?
•What is the source of funds: traveller's cheques or credit cards?
•Are there currency restrictions in the home country?

Additional information:
•Foreign nationals must have enough funds to maintain themselves in Canada without resorting to illegal employment or social assistance.
•When foreign nationals are planning to stay with friends or relatives ensure that the host is willing and able to provide for the visitor during the stay.
•The amount of money required will depend on the type and the duration of the trip.

7. Will you be able to leave Canada?

Things to consider:
•Does the person have the financial ability to return, such as an airplane ticket, money or a statement of bank assets?
•Does the person have a passport, travel document and/or visa which will admit the person to the home country or to a third country?

Additional information: Persons who require a visa to re-enter their home country or a third country will be limited at the POE to a visit that does not exceed the validity of their re-entry visa.

8. Do you intend to work or study in Canada?

Things to consider: Does the client have a valid work or study permit?

Additional information: Most foreign nationals who work or study in Canada must have their work or study permit approved before arriving in Canada. Refer to Students, or Temporary Foreign Worker Guidelines.

9. Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence?

Things to consider:
•Is the person described under the criminality sections of the Act? [A33, A36, A37]?
•Is the person described under the security provisions of the Act? [A33, A34, A35]?
•Has the person provided biometric information and, if so, what are the results of the biometric checks? [A33, A34, A35, A36, A37, R12.1]

Additional information:
•For more information, refer to ENF 2/OP 18, Evaluating Inadmissibility, and ENF 14/OP 19, Criminal Rehabilitation.
•For more information, refer to ENF 2/OP 18, Security Vetting of Visitors, for details on security screening for visitors.
•For more information, refer to BP 1, Biometric Procedures and ENF 2/OP 18.

10. Do you suffer from a serious medical condition?

Things to consider: Does the person meet the medical requirements under R30?

Additional information: For more information, refer to medical requirements.

11. Have you ever been refused a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada?

Things to consider: Has the person provided biometric information and, if so, what are the results of the biometric checks?

Additional information:
•The answer will help you determine if the person has a temporary intent and will also support a potential refusal under the requirement to answer truthfully [A16(1)].
•For more information, refer to BP 1, Biometric Procedures.

12. Were you ever removed from Canada or any other country?

Things to consider:
•Has the person provided biometric information and, if so, what are the results of the biometric checks?
•Does the person require authorization to return to Canada?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bheautea: 6:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Compliment of d season to every1 here! Pls I submitted my application since 4th of November and I haven't heard anything from dem since den, no calls for medicals also. Pls does dis mean any problem. Pls I need a reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bugzi: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bheautea:
Compliment of d season to every1 here! Pls I submitted my application since 4th of November and I haven't heard anything from dem since den, no calls for medicals also. Pls does dis mean any problem. Pls I need a reply

U r not alone, really don't know what's going on with online applications, its like they have been responding to paper route though

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.