Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,447 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1042538 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 11:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jackson755:

call the school to get your LOA. Applied same time just got my letter today after calling them

what date is the seminar?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by godG: 11:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good People,

I have got a question, please. Is it possible for someone with a school of nursing certificate (from Nigeria) to proceed to grad school after completing the Critical Care Nursing certificate in Niagara college? Don't know how it works. Patiently waiting for clarification. Thank you.

Graviton, help me mention folks who can help with this, bro. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 2:29am On Jan 27, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/40#38052273

dude54:
Hello House, i intend going to canada this august on a visiting visa for a wedding I am currently working and just changed jobs what is required of me and anyone applied with this under the same scheme visiting for a wedding. The wedding invite has been sent down to me. Please i need help so as to know the write direction and steps to take to avoid refusal, been out of the country once to india.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by andre99(m): 6:29am On Jan 27, 2016
Hello house, please i intend to apply online, when writing my SOP which address should i put as 'The Visa Officer, High Commission of Canada, xxxaddressxxxxx.

Please house which address do i put, i reside in Ibadan.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:59am On Jan 27, 2016
You don't need to put any "To" or "From" address; that's a waste of space. Just title it "Statement of Purpose" or whatever you want.
andre99:
Hello house, please i intend to apply online, when writing my SOP which address should i put as 'The Visa Officer, High Commission of Canada, xxxaddressxxxxx.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 7:09am On Jan 27, 2016
notasowie:
. He's
my in-law father and we are using his statement of account and we are from the same state ...and tribe ..

okay..so here is what i would say
first some questions
1. just how financially bouyant is ur sponsor?
2. how many dependants is he having?
3. is he able to sponsor u fully without having to compromise his own welfare and that of his dependants?
if ur answer to the above questions are positive then i really dont see a prob. like i said let ur sponsor provide a letter and affidavit of sponsorship. let him put a really good reason y he is sponsoring u. please let him avoid d use of sentences/words such as "i am sponsoring him cox he is my son in law and i have the money". NO! That reaspn is just not good enough. Make the reason(s) very good that even the vo sef go bow grin.
i wish u all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jayooh: 7:59am On Jan 27, 2016
Could u advice me with a sample of the emails sent out, would really appreciate.

And did u try calling any of them to discuss?

Ajibade105:

It took me like a month. I started sending emails to my proposed supervisors before they open the portal for application for Fall2016.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 8:01am On Jan 27, 2016
hello thesoj please how do i tackle the issue of purpose of visit and the proposed length of stay in Canada. please i was delayed and i want to refire soon.i applied for a year program in clinical and critical care in conestoga college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 8:04am On Jan 27, 2016
andre99:

Your address here

Date....
Visa Section,
Canadian High commission,
Accra,
Ghana,

Dear visa officer,

Re: Statement of Purpose- Mr. SamuelS3, Passport Number: xxxxxxxx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 8:07am On Jan 27, 2016
godG:
Good People,

I have got a question, please. Is it possible for someone with a school of nursing certificate (from Nigeria) to proceed to grad school after completing the Critical Care Nursing certificate in Niagara college? Don't know how it works. Patiently waiting for clarification. Thank you.

Cc: Thesoj, HayqinsbFX

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 8:08am On Jan 27, 2016
BE811APP:

Hope d xray guy didnt try toasting you??

Lol....it was a woman

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 8:09am On Jan 27, 2016
andre99:

I don't think you actually need an address on an SOP.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 8:14am On Jan 27, 2016
BE811APP:

How much for family??
me and my 2 kids??

If it's three seperate applications, multiply the previous amount I gave by 3. Should be more than enough.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:34am On Jan 27, 2016
share your profile first and documents submitted.
igwenunsa:
hello thesoj please how do i tackle the issue of purpose of visit and the proposed length of stay in Canada. please i was delayed and i want to refire soon.i applied for a year program in clinical and critical care in conestoga college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 8:34am On Jan 27, 2016
bamjay:

okay..so here is what i would say
first some questions
1. just how financially bouyant is ur sponsor?
2. how many dependants is he having?
3. is he able to sponsor u fully without having to compromise his own welfare and that of his dependants?
if ur answer to the above questions are positive then i really dont see a prob. like i said let ur sponsor provide a letter and affidavit of sponsorship. let him put a really good reason y he is sponsoring u. please let him avoid d use of sentences/words such as "i am sponsoring him cox he is my son in law and i have the money". NO! That reaspn is just not good enough. Make the reason(s) very good that even the vo sef go bow grin.
i wish u all d best
thank you boss ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 8:39am On Jan 27, 2016
jayooh:
Could u advice me with a sample of the emails sent out, would really appreciate.

And did u try calling any of them to discuss?

Just pm me... I will reply your email with the sample of the letter I sent to all the professors.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BE811APP: 8:40am On Jan 27, 2016
Graviton2:

If it's three seperate applications, multiply the previous amount I gave by 3. Should be more than enough.

they are going under me..
the kids are all below 5 years..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Newman1010: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2016
@kennykentipsy, thanks for the info. Did you include the Fixed deposit Certificate or just the statement of account?

kennykentipsy:
it should work my mum had almost all her funds in fixed deposit she didn't even write a letter stating she would liquidate the funds and my visa was approved before the maturity date. all they need is something that can be converted into cash immediately eg fixed deposit, landed properties etc

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2016
I am very certain that there's nothing new I can tell you that is different from all that I've written in my various old posts to help others tackle these same exact delay issues. My advice for you is to read my posting history or mention any of the other gurus if you'd rather not read the history.

If you really want a TRV, then you need to be willing to read the thread. So far, it doesn't show that you have done this due diligence. Pls do the needful.

igwenunsa:

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 8:50am On Jan 27, 2016
Email the department of interest in such grad schools and ask them directly.
godG:
Good People,

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 10:01am On Jan 27, 2016
notasowie:
thank you boss ...

u welcome.. smiley smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bosypumpin: 11:19am On Jan 27, 2016
@ thesoj good to see your comments hereon. that reminds me- @hayqinx the issue you privately raised was resolved by soj in Season 8 i guess grin
Honestly, I learnt from it a lot. the difference between PGD and that other one.

@house i sincerely and deliberately type this way so as to gently push some new Nairalanders to read posts from Part 8 at least, trust me you would be a guru.
I actually would advice reading from part 8. i have a folder on my PC where I stored all the info I would need. It is very likely that the gurus would help you out if you have shown that you have read up some previous posts and just need a second eye to proof read.

#my-two-cents- and I crouch to be corrected#

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Debz23: 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hello everyone I am happy I found this forum.... I av bn reading tru it nd I want to say dat it is very informative... I just finished my bsc course in medical laboratory science and I have plans of studying in canada for my masters in public health nd working there afterwards. I would love to know step by step how to go about this,from gaining admission in a not too expensive school to working dere and living there permanently ......I would appreciate ur response and advice as ds is really important to me... Thank u so much and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
people in Canada,please outside the Nigeria stores food what's the best food to eat in this Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by louisilva: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
police cert expires after 3 months. most def it will be expiring this January.if applying this month its still valid if not find your way to Alagbon
igwenunsa:
please house can i still use the same police character report which i used in my previous application which was delayed. i obtained the police report on the 19th Oct 2015.please need your help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
bamjay:

u welcome.. smiley smiley
though my sponsor has been to Canada and USA and he's financially OK ,but him been to Canada b4 is it an advantage?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennykentipsy: 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
i included both

Newman1010:
@kennykentipsy, thanks for the info. Did you include the Fixed deposit Certificate or just the statement of account?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Niana: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hi everyone smiley
My application reads "Approved" Closed"
Submitted my passport 21st of this month
V gotten Correspondence mail( 23rd)
VSF hasn't sent a pickup mail
Does it take this long?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
go and pick it up, its there
Niana:
Hi everyone smiley
My application reads "Approved" Closed"
Submitted my passport 21st of this month
V gotten Correspondence mail( 23rd)
VSF hasn't sent a pickup mail
Does it take this long?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
how much was in the FD and how much was in the SOA
kennykentipsy:
i included both

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vickyehi: 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
Newman1010:

Pls hw much was in the fixed deposit acct and was she your main sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
notasowie:
though my sponsor has been to Canada and USA and he's financially OK ,but him been to Canada b4 is it an advantage?

I cant exactly know what the VO is thinking. i have read of peeps here with extensive travel history of sponsor but still get denied. BTW this is YOUR application, not your sponsor's. i just believe that if u package ur app wella, even your flaws/downsides could work to ur favour/advantage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.