Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038768 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
VickyRotex:
And Finally, Application was closed and Approved on my Birthday (Today). cool

It was worth the wait! cry

Coming back with my timeline.

Congratulations! !! I'm sure you love that birthday gift from CIC. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tnuola(f): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
VickyRotex:

Congrats vicky.... Happy birthday to you.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by NaD720: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
VickyRotex:

Congrats and a very belated Birthday Gift To you! All the Best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Inkblood: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hello Guys. is there any disadvantage of applying online? meanwhile.. i use a macbook, and after filling my IMM1294E form and validating it, the prompt said the fifth page would contain a bar code. but it did not. the fifth page is basically empty just with a title and listing of all the pages spaced apart. please is this normal? or is there supposed to be a bar code? i tried filling the form again with my windows 7, installed on the mac, but it didn't even load the form at all. .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Antoinne: 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Anyone at or applying to McGill here??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ljayy: 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
gabrola:
only dat? insufficient fund wsnt ticked? wat about purpose of visit?
yes. Sufficient. Fund, that was d only. Thing that made me get denied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
My TRV just came through I Bless the name of our Almighty God! But there re things I learnt to ease the journey.

1) Know your true motive for traveling, if you don't really have a concrete basis you may really just end up in circles.

2) Pick your school on time sayy 6 months before processing. Your admission letter could take a while. Make sure you've many options and alternatives. Utilize your google, ask people.

3) Compare the school fees and see which is better tailored for you. (I think manitoba has the cheapest schools but the cold na die)

4) Make sure you've the available fundings. Really this is where we shoot ourselves in the leg. When we don't have enough money and we want to school abroad. Canada reqs JUST MIN of CAD10k for one person and CAD13k for 2 people asides your school fees of which you must be able to prove you will afford your school fees. You can pay half but Quebec is a little high. All are entailed in the cic site. Step by step guide for application.

5) Write an exam, it betters your chances. Ietls or toefl

6) Apply; if paper route please avoid any ink on paper, rumpled sheet, poorly printed documents they will delay you.

7) List all your docs in order. Wat dey really want to know is if you will be at loss if you run to canada that's why they check your assets. They check your bank statements(doesn't necessarily matter but they know you 'gidi gahn'. Make background checks, with your police cert. Make sure all the docs they enlist for you are complete.

cool Commit everything to God.

9) Submit up to 5mnths into your resumption. Try to avoid september. Its a go-slow

10) Never compare your application with anybody. Really, everybody has different VOs. Yours may be lazy, he may like her picture :p and she may be the hardworking type. All different with different timelines. But they never pass 3mnths.

11) Take time during the wait to put things in order. Do your things normally, hypertension na bastard. Set your faith and let nothing disturb you. Don't cast your self too much. If visa neva click no go dey cast for everybody o. If you keep faith I promise God will answer you.

12) Do NOT disturb the VO they get irritated easily.

*** Signs That you safe at that point in time. Medical call up, a month or 2 after your medicals no denial letter, all I know is if they would deny you on a usual period it won't take long at all. But september is the most volatile. Anything can happen, your app may switch from VOs to VOs. So just pray and keep calm.

13) What else... I don't remember cus I'm typing in a delirious state of mind I'm happy.

ALL I CAN SAY REALLY IS JUST TRUST GOD HE'LL ALWAYS BE THERE

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
TemmieDeal:
Hello all,
I finally got admission into Lambton college for Jan. Please what is the next step? And am I required to pay half of the school fees(cos I don't have that much)?

How late is too late for the visa processing because I havnt compiled all my neccesary requirements
hey bro..sent u an email aiidy...ohaveez
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by doubled123(m): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
TheBae:
Lol some schools take up to 8/12weeks to respond. Dal is really cool

LoL
Thanks. I am just really concerned because u applied for winter 2016. You know !
Hopefully I'll make it! IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tnuola(f): 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL -SEPT 2015)

1. Opessy: jun 15, Dalhouse M.eng online MEDICALS
2. 7teen: jun 15 U of R, M.ASC online
3. Cherokee: june 16, MSC, online MEDICALS
4. Bolajibreeze: Jun 22 Niagara , UG; paper TRV
5 Louisilva : june 24: Niagara, Paper PG
6..Santohfilz: june 25th, UG, paper TRV
7.. Mykel12: june 30, MUN, MSC, Online TRV
8.. Ayooluwatoni: june 30, MUN, MSC, Paper. MEDICALS
9. Vinegar: July 3rd (upfront medicals) PGD,MUN, Paper
10.. gabrola: july 27, MUN MA, online

[b] LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS. (WINTER - JAN 2016)

1.Oluseyiman: Aug 24, Lambton, PGD, paper
2. Dharmie2014: sept1, MUN, transf UG, paper

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information :
**Submission date
**Institution
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study.
BEST WISHES

UPDATED

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oluseyiman: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
Submission: 24th August, 2015
Institution: Lambton College, sarnia
MOS: Paper route
LOS: PGD
Jan 2016 intake!!!

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
@bolajibreeze...Huge congrats to you!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tyrannasty: 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Gudevening haus pls is application for winter admission to canadian schools still on?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
sholay2011:
@bolajibreeze...Huge congrats to you!
Tenz mehn !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Oluseyiman:
Submission: 24th August, 2015 Institution: Lambton College, sarnia MOS: Paper route LOS: PGD Jan 2016 intake!!!
All the best
boss I need info from u asap..thx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
OTUNBACODED:
Congrats and wishing you a Happy Birthday

Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 8:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
sholay2011:

Congratulations! !! I'm sure you love that birthday gift from CIC. It is well.

Lol. Yea. Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
tnuola:

Congrats vicky.... Happy birthday to you.

Tnuola, thanks so much. You're part of my success story. smiley

You'll testify soon!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
NaD720:

Congrats and a very belated Birthday Gift To you! All the Best!

Amen. Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaymk: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
House, please is there anyone that is presently in George Brown College, or who is resuming winter 2016 and has details about accommodation or hostels around the school. Your swift response will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tnuola(f): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
VickyRotex:

Tnuola, thanks so much. You're part of my success story. smiley

You'll testify soon!

Amen.. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
tnuola:

Amen.. Thanks

You're welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by doubled123(m): 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
obiscolly:

Hi, you need to check the departmental page on the school website to find out if your course requires you to get a supervisor before you're considered. My application was under review in department for about 4 weeks until i got a supervisor who recommended me for admission. However, if your course doesn't require you getting a supervisor first, then you should mail the department asking when decision would be made concerning your application.

Okay bro. I will look into getting a supervisor
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by GidiPrince: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Jayfizzle:
First Post, learnt about this thread 7 weeks into my application and just wanted to give back;

Visa Application: June 11th (Online)
Medical: Upfront May 29th (did mine outside the country)
Biometrics: June 11th
Medical Passed: 21st August
Passport Request/Approval: 25th August (submitted same day)
Passport Collected (with Correspondence letter): 27th August (2yrs TRV)

Going to SAIT, BAPT (Applied Degree) program, don't know why it took so long but glad I got approved.
I guess they are still attending to Fall Applicants, so there still hope for those waiting...

Congrats.

Did you use IELTS or the you had ur credentials assessed for English proficiency?

And which assessment org. did u use
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graphical(f): 11:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good evening house,

Please I am just thinking, is there a way one can get a refund of upfront tuition fee paid, if TRV is not given eventually. The school is in support of upfront payment but I fell reluctant to ask them if refund might be given, make them no think say I like money too much grin

Any idea peeps?

Merci beaucoup
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
VickyRotex:

Congratulations. Happy birthday.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rinw: 11:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
doubled123:

Bro... I think we are in the same shoes. Waiting on U of M to get back to me with admission details (accepted or rejected)
Please inbox me your details so we can keep in touch

Please how did u get a supervisor. The professors I mailed are not responding. And I can't apply without getting an advisor... Kindly advice... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 12:01am On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=metrecube post=37852369][/quote]

Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by nam16: 12:14am On Sep 10, 2015
Kathymeredith:
Guys please do you need a transit visa if flying British Airways? Will appreciate your response. .thank you.
no you don't
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afolaseg: 12:21am On Sep 10, 2015
whats up peps? pls can i use a sponsor statement of 8m and applicant statement of 2m wit a business plan and pix of existing fish farming with no register company name and letter from parent head office stating that his annual salary is 11m to apply for student visa and open work permit for spouse? the tuition fee and cost for expenses for the applicant and spouse is 6m.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:42am On Sep 10, 2015
This post earlier in the thread should help, just in case you haven't seen it already. Best.

rinw:
Please how did u get a supervisor. The professors I mailed are not responding. And I can't apply without getting an advisor... Kindly advice... Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.