Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1044046 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanlfaith(f): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
jaymk:
House, please is there anyone that is presently in George Brown College, or who is resuming winter 2016 and has details about accommodation or hostels around the school. Your swift response will be appreciated. Thank you.

I replied you earlier and i kept sending you the generic mail which you chose to ignore. am not some perv. i am to resume for jan 2016 but i do not have my trv yet. check your student guide: accomodation section,there are lots of options. .except you didnt check them
also try places4students.com. i hope this helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by success2sure: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
So thankful to my Great Wonderful Excellent GOD. Collected my TRV today.

Application submission 12 June ( online)
Biometrics done 16 June
Medical call 20th august
Medical done 27th august
Passed update 31 august
Passport request 3rd September
Passport submitted 8th September
Application closed & approved update 9th September
Passport collected with TRV today .

Almighty God did it. first trial, virgin passport

16 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by LAPALEMONDE: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
hi guys submitted application 4th august and up till now I have not gotten any response from the cic.Going to Seneca college for post grad 1year and is study permit usually granted for a one year certification afterall I already have a bsc and will want to fufil my life long dream.has anyone gotten sp for January 2016 intake at Seneca college.
Please help guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
LAPALEMONDE:
hi guys submitted application 4th august and up till now I have not gotten any response from the cic.Going to Seneca college for post grad 1year and is study permit usually granted for a one year certification afterall I already have a bsc and will want to fufil my life long dream.has anyone gotten sp for January 2016 intake at Seneca college.
Please help guys
Just keep on waiting, there isn't a cause for alarm yet....your app isn't up to 2months, so just be patient and pray. I'm presently in Seneca now.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graphical(f): 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hello all,

Berexio1 and BeulaHepzhibah, Please I need you guys to help me sort out something. Can you please message via ngoleading@yahoo.com. I will get back privately to you please.

God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
Good day Sir/Ma,
Please we need someone that can help us for GCMS file request. I had that it's cost $5, please send me P.M, so that we can discuss better. God bless u. ( Those in canny we need ur help)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graphical(f): 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
Good afternoon,

Please I need the house to advice me on how I can make UPFRONT part payment of my tuition fee, your assistance will be appreciated please. Payment is to MUN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ogeske: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
Boss,

Ibeg i need ur support big time. Its abt my TRV. I was bounce last yr bt u guess i didnt do my assignment very well. Thank God i am knowing someone like u now who has vast experience abt this tins. Now this is my plight. Last yr i was given political science and i was bounce and now this yr my status has change a bit. I have been given business commerce which is a bit close to my diploma tins in naija and my admission is valid till jan. i have my sponsor both in canada and UAE but d person in UAE is my brother and only works there but has a British passport. Myself now move to UAE and have a residency visa at d moment. The person in canada is my big uncle. I didnt had any family ties document, didnt put my own SOA and wasnt working as at then. boss pls can u pls highlight more on all the documents i would need to apply for my TRV both from my side and sponsor.
Would be waiting to hear from u as soon as possible. I hope my msg is clear enough for u to assist me.
Thanks boss.pls guys i need ur help i am ve issues
Regards
Ogeske
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hi every one, l arrived in canny sept 7th...but lemme give you guys a break down on my experience so far.

At the airport(9ja), l carried overload(ladies we just love overload) but was lucky it was biz class but l still paid for an extra piece, u need to see begging...lol, paid 29k as opposed to 60k lol(was lucky they accepted payments in N).

Then my experience at the point of entry, it wasn't rily a big deal...they just asked my purpose of visit, if l'v paid my fees and y l was refused b4 and told d officer abt d biometrics thing. Wasn't tough.

Then my experience in canny so far hv been awesome, l got my SIN, a new phone(my oda phn wasn't compartable), Sim card & opened a bank acct all in one day(was a stressful day though) 'cos l had orientation sm day.

Then this is to TRV hopefuls, y'all are next, just keep on b'n optimistic and prayerful after packaging ur app well.

Canny is so worth it, very peaceful, loving and happy peep all around. #whr l am is filled with so many foreigners, so mks things easier.

@success2sure congrats.

20 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
I have been admitted into the University of ottawa for the Jan 2016 session. I just want to start my visa application. So I want to know of its too late. Cos am still gathering all my documents.. Hopefully by next week I will be done.
Please u help is appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
ikem01:
I have been admitted into the University of ottawa for the Jan 2016 session. I just want to start my visa application. So I want to know of its too late. Cos am still gathering all my documents.. Hopefully by next week I will be done.
Please u help is appreciated.
Congrats on ur admission. Then it's not too late to apply...just Mk sure you package well and pray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
jessicajessa:
Hi every one, l arrived in canny sept 7th...but lemme give you guys a break down on my experience so far.

At the airport(9ja), l carried overload(ladies we just love overload) but was lucky it was biz class but l still paid for an extra piece, u need to see begging...lol, paid 29k as opposed to 60k lol(was lucky they accepted payments in N).

Then my experience at the point of entry, it wasn't rily a big deal...they just asked my purpose of visit, if l'v paid my fees and y l was refused b4 and told d officer abt d biometrics thing. Wasn't tough.

Then my experience in canny so far hv been awesome, l got my SIN, a new phone(my oda phn wasn't comparable), Sim card & opened a bank acct all in one day(was a stressful day though) 'cos l had orientation sm day.

Then this is to TRV hopefuls, y'all are next, just keep on b'n optimistic and prayerful after packaging ur app well.

Canny is so worth it, very peaceful, loving and happy peep all around. #whr l am is filled with so many foreigners, so mks things easier.

@success2sure congrats.
Thank God for journey mercies babes.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
tariy:

Thank God for journey mercies babes.......
Thanks dear....ur TRV and arrival in Canny is coming soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
jessicajessa:

Then my experience in canny so far hv been awesome, l got my SIN, a new phone(my oda phn wasn't compartable), Sim card & opened a bank acct all in one day(was a stressful day though) 'cos l had orientation sm day.

@success2sure congrats.
Congrats.

I so much agree with the emboldened. Canada is a place that welcomes diversity, especially the academic setting. My landlord na Indian, my apartment mates are Tanzanian and Russian. Classmates na chinko and Ghanaians.

May God help us reap the good fruits of the land and best wishes to TRV hopefuls.

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BeulahHephziba: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
Graphical:
Hello all,

Berexio1 and BeulaHepzhibah, Please I need you guys to help me sort out something. Can you please message via ngoleading@yahoo.com. I will get back privately to you please.

God bless

Noted. As per tuition payment, do check with your sch for method of payment.

Cheers mate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
jessicajessa:
Thanks dear....ur TRV and arrival in Canny is coming soon.
Amen Amen but am Just coming for vacation ni ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
sholay2011:

Congrats.

I so much agree with the bolded. Canada is a place that welcomes diversity, especially the academic setting. My landlord na Indian, my apartment mates are Tanzanian and Russian. Classmates na chinko and Ghanaians.

May God help us reap the good fruits of the land and best wishes to TRV hopefuls.
Thanks and Amen o....l even find it hard to locate/view the real Canadians smtyms lol. That's how l sat between two chinko guys dat almost finished my ears with Chinese(talking to themselves)lol.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
tariy:

Amen Amen but am Just coming for vacation ni ooooo
Ok l still wish you all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
dreamsoso:
Hello, am new here and just got my TRV. Heading to VIU for January Admission. I sent you a PM. Please respond so we can talk

I am just going to submit my app. But hopefully by God's grace I will be in VIU by Nov.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
jessicajessa:
Ok l still wish you all the best.
Thanks babes hope to see you when I come around and where in canny are you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
jessicajessa:

@success2sure congrats.
Congrats sweetie...I msg u last wk on whatsapp I was sha surprised u dint reply me bck..sha inbox me ur new number on my email..go lead city girl

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dharmie2014(m): 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
Pls how can one go for medical without receiving an instruction from cic to do that... Pls ans cos I submited on 1sept and was wondering hw to go ahead with the medicals

bolajibreeze:
My TRV just came through I Bless the name of our Almighty God! But there re things I learnt to ease the journey.

1) Know your true motive for traveling, if you don't really have a concrete basis you may really just end up in circles.

2) Pick your school on time sayy 6 months before processing. Your admission letter could take a while. Make sure you've many options and alternatives. Utilize your google, ask people.

3) Compare the school fees and see which is better tailored for you. (I think manitoba has the cheapest schools but the cold na die)

4) Make sure you've the available fundings. Really this is where we shoot ourselves in the leg. When we don't have enough money and we want to school abroad. Canada reqs JUST MIN of CAD10k for one person and CAD13k for 2 people asides your school fees of which you must be able to prove you will afford your school fees. You can pay half but Quebec is a little high. All are entailed in the cic site. Step by step guide for application.

5) Write an exam, it betters your chances. Ietls or toefl

6) Apply; if paper route please avoid any ink on paper, rumpled sheet, poorly printed documents they will delay you.

7) List all your docs in order. Wat dey really want to know is if you will be at loss if you run to canada that's why they check your assets. They check your bank statements(doesn't necessarily matter but they know you 'gidi gahn'. Make background checks, with your police cert. Make sure all the docs they enlist for you are complete.

cool Commit everything to God.

9) Submit up to 5mnths into your resumption. Try to avoid september. Its a go-slow

10) Never compare your application with anybody. Really, everybody has different VOs. Yours may be lazy, he may like her picture :p and she may be the hardworking type. All different with different timelines. But they never pass 3mnths.

11) Take time during the wait to put things in order. Do your things normally, hypertension na bastard. Set your faith and let nothing disturb you. Don't cast your self too much. If visa neva click no go dey cast for everybody o. If you keep faith I promise God will answer you.

12) Do NOT disturb the VO they get irritated easily.

*** Signs That you safe at that point in time. Medical call up, a month or 2 after your medicals no denial letter, all I know is if they would deny you on a usual period it won't take long at all. But september is the most volatile. Anything can happen, your app may switch from VOs to VOs. So just pray and keep calm.

13) What else... I don't remember cus I'm typing in a delirious state of mind I'm happy.

ALL I CAN SAY REALLY IS JUST TRUST GOD HE'LL ALWAYS BE THERE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lanrayx: 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
Can someone help with universities for masters degree that are not so expensive in Canada, have tried researching but nothing positive so far.. thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dreamsoso: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
All the best with that. I got mine within 3 weeks of applying. Wish you same speed and grace

olamitunposi:

I am just going to submit my app. But hopefully by God's grace I will be in VIU by Nov.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toluine56(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
success2sure:

Biometrics done 16 June
Medical call 20th august
Medical done 27th august
Passed update 31 august

congrats..kindly share your profile with the house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rolandy22: 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
House, you all to help me thank Papa God, he has done it for me o. TRV approved today. MUN Msc. Oil and gas engineering Winter intake. i thank you all for you support, cause am a silent member here. i applied for my TRV in Romania. I read all post here. once again thanks to the house

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by charles316: 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
thesoj, jessicajessa ,tnuola

Hi,i need to submit my visa application very soon. My office has agreed that i will continue with them when i`m done with my studies in canada. What are the documents i need from my office?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rolandy22: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
So thankful to GOD.

Application submission 10 August ( Paper)
Biometrics done 10 August
Medical call 14th august
Medical done 26th august
Passed update 28th august
Application closed & approved update 10th September
Will be going Tomorrow to collect my passport

I have also been sent the POE form

Almighty God did it. i apply here in Romania

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Congrats... kindly share your docs so others can learn from you.
success2sure:

Biometrics done 16 June
Medical call 20th august
Medical done 27th august
Passed update 31 august

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
wow... just 4 days before medical call up shocked wonderful!!! big congrats to you. kindly share your application docs so others can learn.
rolandy22:
So thankful to GOD.

Application submission 10 August ( Paper)
Biometrics done 10 August
Medical call 14th august
Medical done 26th august
Passed update 28th august
Application closed & approved update 10th September
Will be going Tomorrow to collect my passport

I have also been sent the POE form

Almighty God did it. i apply here in Romania

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
employment letter, letter of introduction, study leave letter stating leave conditions (paid or unpaid, leave duration etc), pay slips, you could also choose to get one or two letters or reference/recommendation from hod/supervisor/colleage.
charles316:
thesoj, jessicajessa ,tnuola

Hi,i need to submit my visa application very soon. My office has agreed that i will continue with them when i`m done with my studies in canada. What are the documents i need from my office?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.